Forums/Armchair-GM

Lines Friday

Created by: Campabee
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 14, 2021
Published: Apr. 14, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Horrible games from Weber, Drouin, Staal, Perry, Edmundson, and Ouellet means calling up young players for 1 game as a message. The Rocket only play 1 game in the next 17 days, so now would be the perfect time to bring guys up. If they play well give them another game then send them all back for their game on the 21st to maintain their lead in the AHL standings. Anyone who DD feels gets an extended look gets called back up after the 21st. I feel like this would send the message that the young guys are breathing down the vets necks are pushing hard for a well deserved look but also that management would rather roll with the young guys and potentially miss the playoffs then to watch much more of this crap half-*** hockey
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,164,641$0$4,272,500$7,335,359
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA - 5
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$3,400,000$3,400,000 ($2,325,000$2M$2,325,000$2M)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,625,000$1,625,000 ($550,000$550K$550,000$550K)
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 15, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Please don't do this
Signed
Flames fans
Apr. 15, 2021 at 12:04 a.m.
Habs 2010
Drouin set up Anderson for a crossbar shot early, he set up Weber for a clean look to walk in but he didn't score, and he set up Kulak for a breakaway and their only goal of the game.

How can anyone say he had a horrible game?

Edmundson has been MTL's best D all year and arguably the most consistent D in the NHL. You want to put him on the 3rd line after one game he wasn't at his best. Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Guhle and Fluery what? Even if they were healthy and available that is ridiculous.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 12:17 a.m.
Quoting: Shanesaw9
Drouin set up Anderson for a crossbar shot early, he set up Weber for a clean look to walk in but he didn't score, and he set up Kulak for a breakaway and their only goal of the game.

Edmundson has been MTL's best D all year and arguably the most consistent D in the NHL. You want to put him on the 3rd line after one game he wasn't at his best. Let's pump the brakes a bit.

Guhle and Fluery what? Even if they were healthy and available that is ridiculous.

Did you not see the play that got Romanov and Ouellet stuck on the ice for almost 2 minutes in the 1st period? KK was battling for the puck at the left of the net with a flames player Drouin was standing at the boards not 10 feet away. KK pokes the puck to the corner 5 feet from Drouin who just continues to stand there watching the flames player escape from KK and get the puck back to the point. IF Drouin had moved even 2 steps he would have beat the flame to the puck and gotten out of the zone a lot quicker but instead it took another 30-40 seconds of the 4 other Habs battling hard to get the puck out of the zone. When the puck did finally squirt out to center ice Drouin rushes off the ice like he was exhausted from battling. The flames then immediately turned the puck back up ice and once again Romanov and Ouellet were stuck on the ice. Finally Ouellet got the puck to Allen who froze it and they got a change. That 10-15 seconds of Drouin standing in the corner watching the puck battle 10 feet away without helping then not moving to pick up the puck 5 feet away is what earns him the benching IMO.

EDIT*** BTW I don't care what else he did in the game stranding 2 young D men on the ice for almost 2 minutes is unacceptable. IF I was the coach at that point in the game Drouin is benched!
Apr. 15, 2021 at 12:29 a.m.

I forgot Guhle was injured and didn't know that Fleury was injured. Even still we need to send a message so if they are not available then move Edmundson up as 2 RD and swap Romanov and Kulak. Then play something like Leskinen-Brook on the third pairing.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 6:52 a.m.
Ylönen, Fluery, Guhle all injured. Guhle is also not with Laval anymore.
They won't bring caufield up to play him on his off wing.
If you're a habs fan you know very well they won't bench Weber or Dru
Apr. 15, 2021 at 8:01 a.m.
Habs 2010
Quoting: Campabee
Did you not see the play that got Romanov and Ouellet stuck on the ice for almost 2 minutes in the 1st period? KK was battling for the puck at the left of the net with a flames player Drouin was standing at the boards not 10 feet away. KK pokes the puck to the corner 5 feet from Drouin who just continues to stand there watching the flames player escape from KK and get the puck back to the point. IF Drouin had moved even 2 steps he would have beat the flame to the puck and gotten out of the zone a lot quicker but instead it took another 30-40 seconds of the 4 other Habs battling hard to get the puck out of the zone. When the puck did finally squirt out to center ice Drouin rushes off the ice like he was exhausted from battling. The flames then immediately turned the puck back up ice and once again Romanov and Ouellet were stuck on the ice. Finally Ouellet got the puck to Allen who froze it and they got a change. That 10-15 seconds of Drouin standing in the corner watching the puck battle 10 feet away without helping then not moving to pick up the puck 5 feet away is what earns him the benching IMO.

EDIT*** BTW I don't care what else he did in the game stranding 2 young D men on the ice for almost 2 minutes is unacceptable. IF I was the coach at that point in the game Drouin is benched!

Drouin has his warts, I won't deny it and I will take your word for it that he was that bad in that play. I know the shift you were talking about and I actual believe KK was more of an issue, Oullet won several battles in the corner throughout that shift freeing the puck up for the supporting center to collect... however KK was not there for any of them, a flame was the first on the free puck each time. The C needs to be supporting the defense in the corners. KK did a fine job of collapsing in the middle but that's what leads to a long shift in your own end.

I'm not disputing what you say happened with Drouin - it probably did happen, but there are other issues as well Drouin can't be conveniently scapegoated for everything. If you are blaming the LW for defensive zone issues well then you're probably missing something else.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 8:41 a.m.
Drouin has his warts, I won't deny it and I will take your word for it that he was that bad in that play. I know the shift you were talking about and I actual believe KK was more of an issue, Oullet won several battles in the corner throughout that shift freeing the puck up for the supporting center to collect... however KK was not there for any of them, a flame was the first on the free puck each time. The C needs to be supporting the defense in the corners. KK did a fine job of collapsing in the middle but that's what leads to a long shift in your own end.

I'm not disputing what you say happened with Drouin - it probably did happen, but there are other issues as well Drouin can't be conveniently scapegoated for everything. If you are blaming the LW for defensive zone issues well then you're probably missing something else.

I agree and I like Drouin when he plays with physicality and pace to his game. Drouin is probably our most skilled forward right now and I usually don't mind his "soft defense" and you are also right that KK lost a lot of the puck battles on that shift. I was not meaning to sound like it was ALL on Drouin but the fact that he couldn't take 2 steps to his right to get the puck really annoyed me. Hockey is a team sport and you don't lose on one single play, however the momentum of the game changes often throughout a game and this was one instance where it swung in the wrong direction for a very long time. Also proof that I was not picking on just Drouin is the fact that I sat out Weber, Perry, Staal and Byron as well. Byron was not horrible but he was not engaged either. I also demoted Edmundson (who I think had a bad game last night and really a bad week with the exception of the Leafs game). I also moved Suzuki to the wing cause he has been dying at center. I really did not like any of the forwards games last night, The D was just as bad only Kulak and Romanov seemed to be on their game really. Allen was also solid once again, but as usual we did not give him any goal support.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 9:36 a.m.
Habs 2010
Quoting: Campabee
I agree and I like Drouin when he plays with physicality and pace to his game. Drouin is probably our most skilled forward right now and I usually don't mind his "soft defense" and you are also right that KK lost a lot of the puck battles on that shift. I was not meaning to sound like it was ALL on Drouin but the fact that he couldn't take 2 steps to his right to get the puck really annoyed me. Hockey is a team sport and you don't lose on one single play, however the momentum of the game changes often throughout a game and this was one instance where it swung in the wrong direction for a very long time. Also proof that I was not picking on just Drouin is the fact that I sat out Weber, Perry, Staal and Byron as well. Byron was not horrible but he was not engaged either. I also demoted Edmundson (who I think had a bad game last night and really a bad week with the exception of the Leafs game). I also moved Suzuki to the wing cause he has been dying at center. I really did not like any of the forwards games last night, The D was just as bad only Kulak and Romanov seemed to be on their game really. Allen was also solid once again, but as usual we did not give him any goal support.

I see your point, but I don't think the best way to go about this is to scratch or demote 5 or 6 vets - you would likely just lose the room because the effort and plays are their right now for at least half of those guys.

I think its a coaches job to get individuals going, and also their job to optimize their lineup so those individuals strengths are maximized and their weaknesses minimized. That is where Ducharme is failing IMO.
Apr. 15, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.
I see your point, but I don't think the best way to go about this is to scratch or demote 5 or 6 vets - you would likely just lose the room because the effort and plays are their right now for at least half of those guys.

I think its a coaches job to get individuals going, and also their job to optimize their lineup so those individuals strengths are maximized and their weaknesses minimized. That is where Ducharme is failing IMO.

Yes I agree but I was annoyed that we lost a critical game and played such a lackluster game when I created the thread LOL. Serious lineup changes for me are as Follows

Tatar-Danault-Armia
Caufield-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Drouin-Poehling-Suzuki
Byron-Evans-Perry

Kulak\Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot (If back)Edmundson-Weber (limit Weber to no more than 18 minutes of TOI)
Edmundson\Chiarot (just to manage minutes if he is not 100%)\Kulak-Romanov

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll