Forums/Armchair-GM

Contenders again

Created by: Cory
Team: 2021-22 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 16, 2021
Published: Apr. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Would Oleksiak fill the void left by Chara?
Does Hall take another 1 year deal to show the league what he is worth?
Are the B's better to walk away from Rask and going for Mrazek
The Debrusk trade could be to any one and for anything. Just moving cap and he is a guy you hear about often. I am not sure of what he would get in value, could be a first could be a 6th round pick so please don't focus on that trade.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$3,500,000
2$1,250,000
1$2,500,000
2$2,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$5,000,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
4$2,500,000
1$6,000,000
2$5,000,000
4$3,500,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$79,335,674$1,956,507$125,000$2,164,326
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
G
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 16, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned
Edited Apr. 16, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Oof. There are some issues here. I’ll just go from top to bottom.

More term for carlo, far more money too.
What has kase done to deserve that deal. League min with some incentives (he qualifies if he doesn’t return this year), or let him go.
Three years for krejci is bananas. One year deals from here on out. He actually said he thought he’d only play one more year in the NHL.
Two year deal for miller might be a bit wacky given his injury history. Absolute bandaid.
Signing both Reilly and oleksiak just doesn’t make sense. The bruins have made such a big deal of developing their young LD and now they’re just signing mediocre UFAs to block them? No thanks
Hall will want term.
You’re ditching Tuukka Rask for Mrazek????? That’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever seen. Yikes.
Debrusk for a 2nd rounder is a really bad concept, and bad asset management.
bandaid Kase just to block studnicka isn’t a good look.

Mrazek. Ugh.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 3:10 p.m.
Okay, so i see you didn't read the description. I have never been a big Bruins fan. I really just started paying attention this year because I have Marchand, Pastrnak, and Grzelcyk on my fantasy team. I was watching the Bruin's/Islander game last night and the announcer asked the question about Rask returning and how he has been talking about retirement for the past few years. Mrazek for me, has very comparable numbers so that is why I leaned towards him. He is also 5 years younger and his numbers this year are incredible albeit it is a small sample size, but so are Rask's.

As for Oleksiak, he is no slug. He is a younger, better skater, physical d man comparable to Chara. He may not have the leadership skills, but he is a good solid defenceman. I am a Jets fan and see a lot of him in the Central division.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 3:52 p.m.
Ouch
Quoting: CMcAvoy73

What has kase done to deserve that deal. League min with some incentives (he qualifies if he doesn’t return this year), or let him go.
Three years for krejci is bananas. One year deals from here on out. He actually said he thought he’d only play one more year in the NHL.
Two year deal for miller might be a bit wacky given his injury history. Absolute bandaid.
Signing both miller and oleksiak just doesn’t make sense. The bruins have made such a big deal of developing their young LD and now they’re just signing mediocre UFAs to block them? No thanks
Hall will want term.
You’re ditching Tuukka Rask for Mrazek????? That’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever seen. Yikes.

Mrazek. Ugh.

Quoting: Cory
Okay, so i see you didn't read the description. I have never been a big Bruins fan. I really just started paying attention this year because I have Marchand, Pastrnak, and Grzelcyk on my fantasy team. I was watching the Bruin's/Islander game last night and the announcer asked the question about Rask returning and how he has been talking about retirement for the past few years. Mrazek for me, has very comparable numbers so that is why I leaned towards him. He is also 5 years younger and his numbers this year are incredible albeit it is a small sample size, but so are Rask's.

As for Oleksiak, he is no slug. He is a younger, better skater, physical d man comparable to Chara. He may not have the leadership skills, but he is a good solid defenceman. I am a Jets fan and see a lot of him in the Central division.

You forgot to mention him
Apr. 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Banned

Well that announcer is a moron. Rask jokingly said to a reporter something to the effect of, “well after my contract is up who knows if I’ll be good enough to keep playing?” He said he would play three more years after his contract if he’s playing well.

Never said anything bad about oleskiak, but as you’re new to the bruins, I’ll explain this again. The bruins have been drafting and developing left shot D for a while now. They let krug and chara walk so they could play these guys. They aren’t running out into UFA now.

I did miss the thing about debrusk. But why do that? Why be lazy and put a placeholder in there? Want to trade the guy? Put together a real trade.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Banned

Signing both miller and oleksiak just doesn’t make sense. The bruins have made such a big deal of developing their young LD and now they’re just signing mediocre UFAs to block them? No thanks
Hall will want term.

Mrazek. Ugh.

This is Perfect
CMcAvoy73 liked this.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.
Pistol Pete
Edmonton says yes.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 5:27 p.m.
Well that announcer is a moron. Rask jokingly said to a reporter something to the effect of, “well after my contract is up who knows if I’ll be good enough to keep playing?” He said he would play three more years after his contract if he’s playing well.

Never said anything bad about oleskiak, but as you’re new to the bruins, I’ll explain this again. The bruins have been drafting and developing left shot D for a while now. They let krug and chara walk so they could play these guys. They aren’t running out into UFA now.

I did miss the thing about debrusk. But why do that? Why be lazy and put a placeholder in there? Want to trade the guy? Put together a real trade.

Honestly, its not lazy. You and I do not know the value of the player or where he will end up. We can pretend we do, but we don't. As for the defence, maybe you are right, but even healthy i would say this d needs help, maybe time and development is the answer. Also, not sure who is more credible you or the Bruins announcer, but he clearly stated that Rask's child has some health issues and has been the reason that he has indicated that he may retire. He also said that the Bruins have tried to engage him in a contract extension and Rask let them know that he has not made up his mind yet. Not once did he say that Rask said that he wanted to continue his hockey career for 3 more years. Again, it appears that you have an inside source over this guy, and I cannot debunk that.

I will say, the Bruin's may have found a new fan in m. I like Rask, I like the big 3 forwards, not a fan of the the D except for Grez and McAvoy.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 5:29 p.m.
Banned
Honestly, its not lazy. You and I do not know the value of the player or where he will end up. We can pretend we do, but we don't. As for the defence, maybe you are right, but even healthy i would say this d needs help, maybe time and development is the answer. Also, not sure who is more credible you or the Bruins announcer, but he clearly stated that Rask's child has some health issues and has been the reason that he has indicated that he may retire. He also said that the Bruins have tried to engage him in a contract extension and Rask let them know that he has not made up his mind yet. Not once did he say that Rask said that he wanted to continue his hockey career for 3 more years. Again, it appears that you have an inside source over this guy, and I cannot debunk that.

I will say, the Bruin's may have found a new fan in m. I like Rask, I like the big 3 forwards, not a fan of the the D except for Grez and McAvoy.

I think you really confused some stuff that was said. Because its just not true. His child had a health issue which is why he left the bubble. Issue resolved.
He made a joke about being done with his contract was up. He never said anything seriously. I’m guessing you may have misheard something on the broadcast, or it wasn’t the bruins broadcast and the announcer was mistaken.

Think what you want about the blue line. If the bruins wanted to go older, krug would be a bruin. They’re trying to go young. That’s not subjective. It’s fact. Whether or not that is the right move can be discussed, but i don’t see the point.
Apr. 16, 2021 at 5:34 p.m.
Here is the first link when i googled it, he says it himself. This is the NHL website. https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-rask-could-retire-after-contract-expires/c-316252082.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll