RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,125,000$2,125,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $900,000$900,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 5
    Taxi Squad
    $880,833$880,833 ($0$0$0$0)
    G
    RFA - 1
    $737,500$737,500 ($0$0$0$0)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $795,000$795,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $880,833$880,833 ($0$0$0$0)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:00 a.m.
    God no, that doesn't get you Dumba.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:07 a.m.
    Habs4ever
    I also did a roster for next and we identified similar players to move out. Interesting
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:15 a.m.
    Banned
    This is horrible. Wild easily say heck no

No one is taking on a below average player, with a trash contract

Wild don't need wingers
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:36 a.m.
    alex_10
    Quoting: ModanoisCool
    This is horrible. Wild easily say heck no

No one is taking on a below average player, with a trash contract

Wild don't need wingers

Drouin is a great second line playmaker and wild could use more offense. Wild also would risk getting dumba chosen in expansion draft and instead they get a good second liner in return
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:39 a.m.
    alex_10
    Quoting: RazWild
    God no, that doesn't get you Dumba.

Wild are losing Dumba at expansion draft anyways. May as well get some offense value instead of losing him for nothing
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 3:13 a.m.
    Even if we would be losing Dumba, we would get better trades than this monstrosity. Also, we can go 8-1 and let SEA pick the good-but-inconsistent Greenway instead.
    ModanoisCool and RazWild liked this.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 3:20 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: alex_ouellet
    Drouin is a great second line playmaker and wild could use more offense. Wild also would risk getting dumba chosen in expansion draft and instead they get a good second liner in return

Dude what part don't you get wild don't need or have room for Jonathan drouin.

Live in reality. No one is taking on that ugly contract. Scoring isn't a problem wild have
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 3:21 a.m.
    Banned
    Wild are losing Dumba at expansion draft anyways. May as well get some offense value instead of losing him for nothing

Yeah sure, & your reality is giving away a bad player, & trash contract for wild
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 3:32 a.m.
    Edited Apr. 18, 2021 at 3:39 a.m.

No, we're not. Dumba isn't likely on the roster in two years maybe not even next year, but he is absolutely protected in any and all expansion draft scenarios. There's this little thing in the expansion draft where a team can go 4 forwards - 4 defenseman and 1 goalie.

Maybe you've heard of it?

Greenway, Soucy, and Talbot will be those left exposed. Losing them to Seattle hurts, but is better than losing Dumba for free.

Bottom line, Drouin on his own isn't worth a Top Paring RHS OFD, who has been more of a two-way defenseman this year anyway, and has easily been the second best on the team behind only Brodin. On a team that currently has a top 5 defense in the league.

Drouin 1 for 1 for Dumba is an insult.

People think they can lowball us just because of the ED. They think wrong. Guerin has refused to move Dumba for better returns than what you offered us.

1) We have no need for Drouin.

2) Drouin is a winger not a center.

3) The Wild need centers. Top 6 centers, specifically. If not a top six center, than a top six potential center.

That said, Guerin turned down Monahan for Dumba 1v1. Do you still think Drouin will cut it?
    EccE, jnowariak and ModanoisCool liked this.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.

No one is fooled by this. Drouin is a slightly overpaid 2nd line mediocre winger.

Not many teams would want him.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
    Minnesota Wild
    No, we're not. Dumba isn't likely on the roster in two years maybe not even next year, but he is absolutely protected in any and all expansion draft scenarios. There's this little thing in the expansion draft where a team can go 4 forwards - 4 defenseman and 1 goalie.

Russo has reported multiple times that that might not be the case and Guerin has been seriously considering going 7-3-1. It's not set in stone either way at this point.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 1:27 p.m.
    Quoting: futurehofer
    Russo has reported multiple times that that might not be the case and Guerin has been seriously considering going 7-3-1. It's not set in stone either way at this point.

I cannot see why.

A middle six power forward, a 4-6 defenseman and Talbot are Dumba's only competition. And the only one of those three I'm actively concerned about losing or caring for that matter is Talbot.

Dumba is a legitimate Top Pairing RHS OFD/TWD, who's value is far greater than either Greenway or Soucy. For as good of a season as Greenway is having, you don't protect him over Dumba.

Period.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
    Minnesota Wild
    I cannot see why.

A middle six power forward, a 4-6 defenseman and Talbot are Dumba's only competition. And the only one of those three I'm actively concerned about losing or caring for that matter is Talbot.

Dumba is a legitimate Top Pairing RHS OFD/TWD, who's value is far greater than either Greenway or Soucy. For as good of a season as Greenway is having, you don't protect him over Dumba.

Period.

Paraphrasing what he said, basically Guerin could think of exposing Dumba as possibly trading Dumba for $6 million in free cap space. In a flat cap environment where any Dumba trade would likely require money coming back, getting $6 million to work with would be quite valuable. Brodin's extension is kicking in, Kaprizov/Fiala/Eriksson Ek raises are coming, and whatever he tries doing to fix our center depth will all require cap space. Depending on how long the cap stays flat, the more money we have, the better.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 9:36 p.m.
    Edited Apr. 18, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
    Quoting: futurehofer
    Paraphrasing what he said, basically Guerin could think of exposing Dumba as possibly trading Dumba for $6 million in free cap space. In a flat cap environment where any Dumba trade would likely require money coming back, getting $6 million to work with would be quite valuable. Brodin's extension is kicking in, Kaprizov/Fiala/Eriksson Ek raises are coming, and whatever he tries doing to fix our center depth will all require cap space. Depending on how long the cap stays flat, the more money we have, the better.

I am more than acutely aware of what Russo says... I listen to him religiously, but he's only said that a couple times and only within the last couple of weeks. So I'm also acutely aware that if Dumba gets taken, it's free cap space. I've made that exact point before in other treads, no less than this one on Monday.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/440289?post_id=2265777

It's ironic how you liked @Outcold13's comment just before the final comment, which is mine, and then the thread dies after I posted.

But here's the main important point I was making in that comment.

So losing Dumba isn't so much an issue of expansion concerns, as it's an issue of no longer continue affording him with the large contracts due up. At which point its more imperative to maximize return of value lost than for free. People think we lose if that happens, but if we let Seattle take Dumba, we just gained $6M in open cap space.

The point being we're in no rush or will be hurt franchise wise by going either route. Losing him for free would suck, and I can't say I'd enjoy handing Seattle a top pairing RHS OFD for free, but the cap space gained is nothing to sneeze at either.

This doesn't mean Guerin doesn't turn over every rock he can to maximize any possible returns he could get for the guy. He's been pretty vocal about what he wants. Either a 1st or 2nd line center, or top six winger is the most ideal return. But he would settle for a good center prospect who has top six potential, plus picks.

Getting cap space for Dumba being taken is nice and all. But you don't realistically protect the forward core that we have over a legitimate Top Pairing defenseman, you just don't. You protect him, take the hit elsewhere, then move him for max value once the ED is over and teams can't continue to lowball us because of it.

By letting Seattle take someone else at the ED, then moving Dumba afterwards, you gain both possible max value for Dumba and even more cap space then just giving up a top pairing defenseman for free.

Funny how that works, no?
    OutCold13 liked this.
    Apr. 18, 2021 at 10:33 p.m.
    Hockey Fan13
    I am more than acutely aware of what Russo says... I listen to him religiously, but he's only said that a couple times and only within the last couple of weeks. So I'm also acutely aware that if Dumba gets taken, it's free cap space. I've made that exact point before in other treads, no less than this one on Monday.

It's ironic how you liked Outcold13's comment just before the final comment, which is mine, and then the thread dies after I posted.

But here's the main important point I was making in that comment.

Getting cap space for Dumba being taken is nice and all. But you don't realistically protect the forward core that we have over a legitimate Top Pairing defenseman, you just don't. You protect him, take the hit elsewhere, then move him for max value once the ED is over and teams can't continue to lowball us because of it.

By letting Seattle take someone else at the ED, then moving Dumba afterwards, you gain both possible max value for Dumba and even more cap space then just giving up a top pairing defenseman for free.

Funny how that works, no?

Well said. I have exactly zero interest in Drouin, just another left shot wing the Wild have to many of. In this case he would be bad money for the Wild to bring back in a trade.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
    Minnesota Wild

It's ironic how you liked Outcold13's comment just before the final comment, which is mine, and then the thread dies after I posted.

Yeah I'm not even sure I saw your comment. I usually get in the shower before work around 9:45 PM. I'm guessing that was one of the last things I read/saw before getting in the shower and going to work. Outside of Wild specific threads, I usually don't go back after I look at it after the first time unless someone replies to a comment I made.

As for the idea of keeping Dumba then trying to trade him for a higher value after expansion, I see how that could work in theory, but I'm not entirely sure that the market will be too much stronger after expansion. A couple more teams might open up as options, but I'm not sure any of them would be a home run trade and may involve equal money coming back. Anything at this point is speculation though. I trust Guerin to bet the best value for him whether that's via expansion or a trade. He's done a good job so far IMO and should be able to help us take the next step.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll