RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $3,700,000$3,700,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    C
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $2,602,778$2,602,778
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,538,462$5,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:25 p.m.
    well you arent going to sign Landeskog if thats your plan post Toews

Pretty much a certainty that his contract is announced as soon as the cap for next season is confirmed
    EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:27 p.m.
    Jinx god
    Quoting: coga16

Pretty much a certainty that his contract is announced as soon as the cap for next season is confirmed

Most of the free agents will get extensions then.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:27 p.m.
    We certainly would need to give up more for Lindholm. I'd even be okay giving up Beaudin to do it. Theyre not gonna do the deal for only strome even though i think Strome is a good fit in Anaheim because they need more in return to get it done.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:28 p.m.
    Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Most of the big name UFAs wont make the market. There will be a flood of extensions once the cap is 100% confirmed to stay flat next season and/if they have any announcements of the cap for the following season as well.
    EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
    Quoting: Tyler_A10
    We certainly would need to give up more for Lindholm. I'd even be okay giving up Beaudin to do it. Theyre not gonna do the deal for only strome even though i think Strome is a good fit in Anaheim because they need more in return to get it done.

He's a 1 year rental...no RFA rights. Kampf and Strome (translation a mid 1st and 3rd) are enough to get a 1 year rental
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.

Maybe and maybe not. If current teams lowball the UFAs, which they probably will, you can bet their agents will be having private conversations with other teams either as leverage or willing to make a move. A team like the Hawks with all the cap space, can make moves to pay pre covid rates. If the Hawks ever use a offer sheet, now is the time to target an RFA as well.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:33 p.m.
    Quoting: ChiHawk
    Maybe and maybe not. If current teams lowball the UFAs, which they probably will, you can bet their agents will be having private conversations with other teams either as leverage or willing to make a move.

Nah man, its not some cloak and dagger contract processing of secret meetings and conversations. There are 2 factors. Expansion Draft and Unannounced Cap space. Once at least 1 of the variables are resolved then teams can with confidence manage the cap for those players....Landeskog, Hall, Nugent Hopkins will probably all end up signing back with their teams.

and why would Landeskog want to sign with the Hawks, hes after cups. hawks are not even close to a cup team. You arent landing 2 big UFAs in the middle of a rebuild
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:34 p.m.
    Jinx god
    Most of the big name UFAs wont make the market. There will be a flood of extensions once the cap is 100% confirmed to stay flat next season and/if they have any announcements of the cap for the following season as well.

Pretty much
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:35 p.m.
    He's a 1 year rental...no RFA rights. Kampf and Strome (translation a mid 1st and 3rd) are enough to get a 1 year rental

Somehow I think ANA would rather try to resign him than move him for that. And I like Strome but this is just poor value for Lindholm.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:36 p.m.
    Pretty much

Barrie Saad Stastny Hymn Coleman will be the big name UFAs with some of the Goalies hitting market. Only one that I can see making it to UFA is Dougie Hamilton. Hes too hard to peg down on what his ask would be and what Carolinas Cap sitch is long term
    EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:41 p.m.
    Jinx god
    Barrie Saad Stastny Hymn Coleman will be the big name UFAs with some of the Goalies hitting market. Only one that I can see making it to UFA is Dougie Hamilton. Hes too hard to peg down on what his ask would be and what Carolinas Cap sitch is long term

Really big name free agents with their team having some cap issues in a flat cap world usually hit the market, and even if they do the majority of the time they resign with their main team in the end. It all depends how the first offer goes, and then it moves from there.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:43 p.m.
    Really big name free agents with their team having some cap issues in a flat cap world usually hit the market, and even if they do the majority of the time they resign with their main team in the end. It all depends how the first offer goes, and then it moves from there.

Avs have cap space for Landeskog (As well as Makar and Grubauer)
    Bruins have cap space for Hall
    Oilers have cap space for Nugent Hopkins

As long as the players want to stay with their teams, pretty easy for the to roll back into those teams and not uproot their families. Players are going to value term and familiarity over a few extra million bucks in salary while a pandemic is going on
    EsoYeezus69 liked this.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:49 p.m.
    Edited Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:21 a.m.
    Nah man, its not some cloak and dagger contract processing of secret meetings and conversations. There are 2 factors. Expansion Draft and Unannounced Cap space. Once at least 1 of the variables are resolved then teams can with confidence manage the cap for those players....Landeskog, Hall, Nugent Hopkins will probably all end up signing back with their teams.

and why would Landeskog want to sign with the Hawks, hes after cups. hawks are not even close to a cup team. You arent landing 2 big UFAs in the middle of a rebuild

1) There are conversations happening all the time between agents and teams that fans are completely oblivious too. I know this first hand and anybody that has played, worked for, or covered teams will tell you this. UFAs are free game and team, players and agents exploit that despite what diehard fans sometimes think. There are exceptions of course, but there are plenty more examples of UFAs leaving or taking a few weeks to sign with their current team which during that time, they are often "exploring all options".

2) Most players want a cup yes, but if it means forgoing $1M+ a year over 6+ years for a CHANCE with their immediate team, you start getting into choppy water. Not saying they'll leave to join Ottawa or Detroit but Chicago is nowhere close to those teams.

3) Blackhawks are rebuilding, but they are also the 3rd most valuable franchise in the league which equals resources, and the #2 largest fanbase with the #1 most tickets sold the last 12+ seasons (pre covid) holding a NHL record. Believe it or not, but that means a lot to players...they want the best creature comforts, training resources, facilities and they want a big fan base.

That said, players like most people are comfortable in their current environments if they've planted roots there with family, friends, etc. So in the case of Landeskog and RNH those are huge factors and likely they won't leave at least Landeskog more so.
    Apr. 19, 2021 at 11:51 p.m.
    Quoting: jnowariak
    Somehow I think ANA would rather try to resign him than move him for that. And I like Strome but this is just poor value for Lindholm.

I'm sure Anaheim would love to sign him and probably have had some extension talks but why would Lindholm want to stay? Have you ever been to anaheim to watch a game? Not exactly a hockey player's dream not to mention they are at the bottom of the league.

That said, a mid 1st and 3rd which I would argue Strome and Kampf are even slightly more valuable then that, is a very good return for a 1 year rental. Why would the Hawks do it? Players rarely leave Chicago on their own given the big stage, die hard hockey city, and awesome facilities and staff.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 12:16 a.m.
    I'm sure Anaheim would love to sign him and probably have had some extension talks but why would Lindholm want to stay? Have you ever been to anaheim to watch a game? Not exactly a hockey player's dream not to mention they are at the bottom of the league.

That said, a mid 1st and 3rd which I would argue Strome and Kampf are even slightly more valuable then that, is a very good return for a 1 year rental. Why would the Hawks do it? Players rarely leave Chicago on their own given the big stage, die hard hockey city, and awesome facilities and staff.

Thing is ANA probably wants a 1st, not the trade equivalent, as the starting point. I think Strome is a bit underrated for what he brings and his lack of foot speed gives him a bad rap. But I just don’t see how swapping him for Lindholm makes them better. Lindholm is the better player.

And as for resigning, I have zero clue what it’s like to play in ANA. But I do know that if somebody offers me 30 mil to stay there for the next couple years, I’m probably gonna do it.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:02 a.m.
    I can see the nuge signing, but I’m with the consensus: no way on god’s blue marble landy leaves Denver for Chicago. Besides the cups, Colorado is first class as an organization as well as a place live. Nuge makes sense, but thee captain of the Avs with the team entering a golden period, can’t see that. Denver is too kick ass of a place to live. Pure beauty.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:15 a.m.
    Edited Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:27 a.m.
    Thing is ANA probably wants a 1st, not the trade equivalent, as the starting point. I think Strome is a bit underrated for what he brings and his lack of foot speed gives him a bad rap. But I just don’t see how swapping him for Lindholm makes them better. Lindholm is the better player.

And as for resigning, I have zero clue what it’s like to play in ANA. But I do know that if somebody offers me 30 mil to stay there for the next couple years, I’m probably gonna do it.

It's not about what makes anaheim better or not next season. Anaheim is in a big rebuild and knowing Lindholm probably isn't staying, they need to cash in their chips and get some young assets or maybe they can pull a top 10 draft pick. Obviously Strome turned 24 in February and is a RFA on a very affordable contract and provides a much needed center for Anaheim. So you get Strome his entire career or Lindholm for 1 year...I think the answer is obvious. Don 't forget Kampf who is a very solid 4th line defensive center.

You are assuming Lindholm will re-sign with a team that is bottom of the league and plays to a stadium that usually isn't near capacity and fans come to support other teams moreso then bigger markets like Toronto, NY, Chicago, etc. I'm willing to bet, I'm sure a lot of others are as well, (it's even been talked about on The Athletic) Lindholm will not sign in Anaheim when you have teams like Chicago with just as much cap space and much much deeper pockets to dig into that cap space. He likely goes somewhere that pays him as much or more on a bigger stage with better fans and a better organization or he goes to a cup contender. He's on his last big contract of his career so this one is his opportunity to go pretty much wherever he wants and Anaheim isn't exactly on the top of most hockey player's lists.

Maybe he's laid down his roots though in Orange County and loves it. Maybe he has a beautiful home close to the ocean such as Newport and makes the slug fighting traffic to the stadium for games....for those that don't know, the traffic is a nightmare from West Orange County to East where the Stadium is. Who knows, but I'm still betting he's chasing a cup or a bigger pay day in a bigger hockey town.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:19 a.m.
    Quoting: HatterTParty
    I can see the nuge signing, but I’m with the consensus: no way on god’s blue marble landy leaves Denver for Chicago. Besides the cups, Colorado is first class as an organization as well as a place live. Nuge makes sense, but thee captain of the Avs with the team entering a golden period, can’t see that. Denver is too kick ass of a place to live. Pure beauty.

I agree Landeskog isn't going anywhere, but just spitballing. As far as places to live, Denver isn't a bad place, but Chicago is pretty damn nice as well if you like big city life....Denver doesn't compare in that regard. I personally like them both, but even more so I like living on the ocean in a big city with the mountains in the background more then just mountains or just big city alone...hence why I left Chicago and passed over Denver for California. Point is, highly subjective and personal.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 8:27 a.m.
    It's not about what makes anaheim better or not next season. Anaheim is in a big rebuild and knowing Lindholm probably isn't staying, they need to cash in their chips and get some young assets or maybe they can pull a top 10 draft pick. Obviously Strome turned 24 in February and is a RFA on a very affordable contract and provides a much needed center for Anaheim. So you get Strome his entire career or Lindholm for 1 year...I think the answer is obvious. Don 't forget Kampf who is a very solid 4th line defensive center.

You are assuming Lindholm will re-sign with a team that is bottom of the league and plays to a stadium that usually isn't near capacity and fans come to support other teams moreso then bigger markets like Toronto, NY, Chicago, etc. I'm willing to bet, I'm sure a lot of others are as well, (it's even been talked about on The Athletic) Lindholm will not sign in Anaheim when you have teams like Chicago with just as much cap space and much much deeper pockets to dig into that cap space. He likely goes somewhere that pays him as much or more on a bigger stage with better fans and a better organization or he goes to a cup contender. He's on his last big contract of his career so this one is his opportunity to go pretty much wherever he wants and Anaheim isn't exactly on the top of most hockey player's lists.

Maybe he's laid down his roots though in Orange County and loves it. Maybe he has a beautiful home close to the ocean such as Newport and makes the slug fighting traffic to the stadium for games....for those that don't know, the traffic is a nightmare from West Orange County to East where the Stadium is. Who knows, but I'm still betting he's chasing a cup or a bigger pay day in a bigger hockey town.

You have an interesting way of projecting your wants and desires onto this situation. I’ll stop here by saying it’s doubtful ANA seriously considers that.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
    You have an interesting way of projecting your wants and desires onto this situation. I’ll stop here by saying it’s doubtful ANA seriously considers that.

I generally post ideas for conversation. In the case of Landeskog he likely isn't going anywhere and I get that. In the case of Lindholm, 75% he is leaving Anaheim and widely discussed by the professional analysts as players likely to be traded in the offseason or TDL next year. As a 1 year rental, for a guy that's not a superstar in flat cap world, it is my opinion and echoing what i saw on The Athletic, Anaheim doesn't get more then a mid 1st and 3rd rounder or the equivalent. All I am doing is translating that into young players that can help rebuild a bottom feeder organization that is in a complete rebuild and addressing their needs as such with a top 6 center and bottom 6 defensive center both of which Anaheim needs.

Happy to consider your perspective but you've not added any real concrete examples or logic or reasoning and instead have simply saying Anaheim will re-sign Lindholm or be traded for more. Why? Any examples? Why would Lindholm stay? Why would they re-sign a guy going on 29 years old to a long term deal when they are going to be the youngest team in the league? What do you think Lindholm is worth for a 1 year rental?

Healthy debates and discussions are just that, healthy and gives two people the opportunity to understand different perspectives. However, just saying "no" or "not enough" or "he will re-sign" is unsubstantiated opinion with no logic or reasoning which too many people on forums in general do and why Capfriendly specifically has rules try to enforce a healthy discussion or debate with logic and reasoning and avoid this. As a longer term member and active one, we encourage discussion and different perspectives supported by sound logic and reasoning not just "no" or "won't happen". You don't have to agree with another person's perspective but don't say "anaheim won't consider" and be dismissive of a person's perspective without explaining yourself...it's frankly lazy and worse yet not worth your time in responding to people if someone is willing to engage with logic, reasoning, and examples to support it.
    Apr. 20, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
    I generally post ideas for conversation. In the case of Landeskog he likely isn't going anywhere and I get that. In the case of Lindholm, 75% he is leaving Anaheim and widely discussed by the professional analysts as players likely to be traded in the offseason or TDL next year. As a 1 year rental, for a guy that's not a superstar in flat cap world, it is my opinion and echoing what i saw on The Athletic, Anaheim doesn't get more then a mid 1st and 3rd rounder or the equivalent. All I am doing is translating that into young players that can help rebuild a bottom feeder organization that is in a complete rebuild and addressing their needs as such with a top 6 center and bottom 6 defensive center both of which Anaheim needs.

Happy to consider your perspective but you've not added any real concrete examples or logic or reasoning and instead have simply saying Anaheim will re-sign Lindholm or be traded for more. Why? Any examples? Why would Lindholm stay? Why would they re-sign a guy going on 29 years old to a long term deal when they are going to be the youngest team in the league? What do you think Lindholm is worth for a 1 year rental?

Healthy debates and discussions are just that, healthy and gives two people the opportunity to understand different perspectives. However, just saying "no" or "not enough" or "he will re-sign" is unsubstantiated opinion with no logic or reasoning which too many people on forums in general do and why Capfriendly specifically has rules try to enforce a healthy discussion or debate with logic and reasoning and avoid this. As a longer term member and active one, we encourage discussion and different perspectives supported by sound logic and reasoning not just "no" or "won't happen". You don't have to agree with another person's perspective but don't say "anaheim won't consider" and be dismissive of a person's perspective without explaining yourself...it's frankly lazy and worse yet not worth your time in responding to people if someone is willing to engage with logic, reasoning, and examples to support it.

That’s precisely what I’m doing, discussing. Like I said previously, ANA probably wants to resign him and probably wants draft capital. None of that implies Lindholm will resign but rather that the Ducks want him to resign. That’s what matters in a trade, the team’s objectives.

I think the Ducks will want to resign one of Lindholm or Manson and Id rather have Lindholm. Pair him with Drysdale as he develops but the Ducks should be getting better sooner rather than later but I don’t think Strome is under team control (3 more seasons) until that time so this is kind of a waste of assets for ANA. And I’m high on Strome, I’d like to work out a deal to swap him and Greenway from MIN.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll