SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

April Draft Rankings

April Draft Rankings

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Apr. 20, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
Description
Thank you for the support on my last draft rankings release! Let's keep it going for this one! Leave your opinions and thoughts in the comments!

I am doing another one of these because there are so many players that have risen and fallen since my last draft rankings release. I will be covering each player's projections, play style, NHL comparable, pros and cons, NHL readiness, and point totals. The explanations will also be based off highlights I recently watched.

If some of the players point totals look confusing, its because this is a multi-day project.

Once again thank you and leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments!
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Guenther isn’t the consensus first overall. I would say there’s a mix of players that have potential to go first overall. I have Guenther here because of point production and NHL readiness. Once Guenther works on the defensive aspects of the game, he will be a reliable first line winger in the NHL. His strengths are his shot and skating. I would say Guenther is the best goal-scorer in the draft, although his playmaking skills aren’t bad either. Guenther’s production in the WHL has been great to start the season, scoring 2 points per game. He currently has 24 points (12G, 12A) in 12 games, playing on the Edmonton Oil Kings. I would compare his play style to Kyle Connor of the Winnipeg Jets. Right now I personally think that Guenther and Matthew Beniers are tied as the best forward in the draft. I have Guenther higher because of point production.
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedAs you all know, Luke is the third brother of Jack and Quinn Hughes. Luke doesn’t have as high of a ceiling as his two brothers but still projects to be a low-end No. 1 defenseman in the NHL. He is committed to play at the University of Michigan, but once he finishes his season there, Luke will immediately make an impact in the NHL, just like his brothers. His main strength is the offense and skating ability. Luke is able to skate and shoot the puck in the dirty areas and be a playmaker in the offensive zone. Playing in the USDP, Luke put up 34 points (6G, 28A) in 38 games. He also played in the USHL, putting up 15 points (4G, 11A) in 18 games. Like Guenther and Beniers, I personally think that Luke and Brandt Clarke are tied as the best defenseman in the draft. Same reason, I have Hughes higher than Clarke based off point production.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Like I said before, Beniers and Guenther are tied as the best forward in the draft. I would say Beniers plays a more all-around game than Guenther. Beniers can not only score goals but make great defensive plays. Beniers also has great potential, he can be a high-end 2nd line center, maybe even a low-end 1st liner. Even though Benier’s production is worse than Guenther, he is still averaging over a point per game. Currently playing for the University of Michigan in the NCAA, Beniers has scored 24 points (10G, 14A) in 24 games. What made his draft rankings slide up significantly was his play at the World Juniors. Before that, he was projected to go mid first round. Playing on USA’s top-six alongside Cole Caufield and Matthew Boldy, Beniers scored 3 points (1G, 2A) as the youngest player on that roster. Once he works on his stamina, Beniers will make the NHL. I would say it would take him about 1-2 seasons. Some scouts compare his play style to Dylan Larkin.
4Logo of the Boston Bruins-I would say Clarke and Luke Hughes are two similar players. Very offensive and can make plays in their own end. I have Hughes higher than Clarke because of point production and skating. Clarke only tends to stay near the blue line, whereas Luke can skate in the dirty areas and hang around the blue line. Also size plays a factor as Luke is bigger than Clarke (6’2’’ compared to Clarke’s 6’1’’). But Clarke has big potential, the best right-shot defenseman in the draft can be a low-end No. 1 defenseman. More than likely a high-end No. 2 defenseman. Like Luke, Clarke does lack the physicality, but once he improves just that, Clarke will transition over to the NHL. Playing as a rookie for the OHL’s Barrie Colts last season, Clarke put up 38 points (6G, 32A) in 57 games. This season he is on loan to the Slovakian U18 league, so far he has scored 15 points (5G, 10A) in 26 games. I would compare his play style to PK Subban of the New Jersey Devils. Both players like to hang around the blue line.
5Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-As you all know, Power was the front runner for first overall in the month of March. Due to his production compared to other players in the draft, he has slipped. However, Power does have as high of potential as Luke Hughes and Clarke, a top-pairing defenseman. A lot of scouts and fans compare his play style to Victor Hedman. Able to excel in high-pressure situations and has an outstanding two-way game. He does get lost in his own zone at times, which is why I don’t have him ahead of Hughes and Clarke. His biggest strength is the size, currently he is 6’6’’ and 215 pounds. Once the awareness improves, Power will make the NHL. I would say it will take about 1 season for him to develop into the perfect NHL player. Playing on a stacked University of Michigan team, Power has 16 points (3G, 13A) in 26 games. Last year he played on a stacked Chicago Steel team and scored 40 points (12G, 28A) in 45 games.
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-I would say Eklund is a boom or bust player. Mostly because of his size at 5’10’’. However, I would say that Eklund has the best vision out of anyone in the draft. His vision with the puck is outstanding, he is able to find the open areas of the ice and use it to score goals. Eklund is more of a two-way player, he can also make decent defensive plays. He also has great agility, which is his biggest strength by far. A very underrated player, Eklund has the potential to become a low-end first liner. He is also very versatile in terms of position. Eklund mostly plays on the wing, but he can play center. Once the size improves, Eklund will make an impact in the NHL on any team’s top-six. Against men in the SHL as a rookie this season, Eklund put up 23 points (11G, 12A) in 40 games. He has excelled on a line with Devils top prospect Alexander Holtz. I would compare Eklund’s play style to Nikolaj Ehlers of the Winnipeg Jets. Both players have great vision and are also very agile.
7Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-I would say that Lysell and Eklund have the same amount of upside. The reason why I have Eklund higher is because of the point production that Lysell is putting up. Also Lysell isn’t as agile and defensive as Eklund. However, Lysell has high-end playmaking ability and good puck handling skills. Even though Lysell isn’t agile, he can use his speed get around defenders. Like Eklund, Lysell is very underrated. His potential is high, Lysell can be a high-end top six winger. This is another boom or bust player as Lysell is only 5’10’’. Give him 2-3 seasons, and Lysell will make the NHL and make an impact. The point totals aren’t good as Lysell has scored 3 points (2G, 1A) in 26 games. Then again, he’s playing against men in the Swedish Hockey League, not just under-18 players. However, in the J20 Nationel League, Lysell scored over a point per game. In 11 games, he put up 13 points (3G, 10A). I would compare Lysell’s play style to Artemi Panarin of the New York Rangers, but smaller. Both players are very creative with the puck and have great playmaking ability.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I would have Johnson above Eklund and Lysell but Johnson isn’t as defensive as both those players. Johnson just screams offense. Very good playmaker, can score in creative ways, also is a smooth skater. Most of his career he has played on the wing, but this season he has transitioned well into the center position. I would say it takes Johnson 2-3 seasons to transition to the NHL. The defense and physical play needs improvement. However, Johnson has great potential. He can be a reliable 2nd line forward, whether it is center or wing. He is also another prospect who plays in the University of Michigan of the NCAA. Johnson has scored 27 points (9G, 18A) in 26 games. However, last year in the BCHL, a league full of boom or bust players play in, Johnson scored 101 points (41G, 60A) in 52 games. I would compare his play style to Mitch Marner of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Both are very creative with the puck.
9Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-At this point, I would say Wallstedt is the best player available based on line projections. Wallstedt in my opinion could start next season in the AHL, he is that good. Long-term, Wallstedt can be a franchise-altering goaltender. Give Wallstedt one or two years of development to adjust to the smaller rinks, then he can be the No. 1 goalie for any NHL team that is in need of strong goaltending. Wallstedt already has NHL-ready size (6’3’’, 214). He is also very agile and can react well to any shot selection. As a teammate to Lysell, Wallstedt currently has a 12-10-0 record with a outstanding 2.23 GAA and a .908 SV% along with 2 shutouts. Putting up those numbers against men is outstanding. I would also compare Wallstedt’s play style to Tuuka Rask of the Boston Bruins.
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-This is arguably the bold pick of my rankings. All mock drafts don’t have Svozil this high, but out of all defenseman available, he’s been the most consistent. Playing for the Czech Republic, Svozil scored 3 points (1G, 2A) in 30 games. Like the other defenseman available, Svozil can be a reliable top-four defenseman in the NHL. He is underweight at 172 pounds, so it will take approximately 3-4 seasons to make the NHL. But it is a high reward. But Svozil has NHL-ready vision and outstanding skating ability. The defensive aspects of his game are solid and he can also shoot the puck well. His potential is underrated. The most Svozil will be is a low-end top two defenseman. On a contender, he will more likely be a 2nd line defenseman. I would compare Svozil’s play style to Ivan Provorov of the Philadelphia Flyers. Both players have outstanding two-way ability.
11Logo of the Dallas Stars-This is a player who was once a top-three pick in the draft. He is one of the biggest fallers in the draft because he went through multiple injuries. However, Lucius has great puck handling skills and is also one of the best snipers in the draft. Once the skating and the defensive aspects of his game improve, Lucius will immediately slide into the NHL and make an impact. The type of potential he has is that he could become a top-nine winger. On a contender, Lucius will likely be a high-end third line center. He is a natural center, very good at faceoffs. I would say that Lucius and Guenther are similar players, both snipers. Because of the health issues, Lucius has a way lower ceiling that Guenther. Also Lucius is smaller than Guenther (6’ compared to Guenther’s 6’1’’). I would compare Lucius’s play style to Elias Lindholm of the Calgary Flames, except Lucius is less versatile in terms of position. Lindholm can play both center and wing. However, both players have great skating ability and a good shot selection. This season Lucius played in the USHL and the USDP. Lucius scored 18 points (13G, 5A) in 12 games playing in each of the two leagues. Next year he is committed to playing in the University of Minnesota in the NCAA.
12Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-So far Sillinger has driven the offense on a terrible Sioux Falls team in the USHL. In 31 games, Sillinger scored 46 points (24G, 22A). He also did the same thing to a Medicine Hat Tigers team that didn’t have any offense. Last season was his rookie season, Sillinger scored 53 points (22G, 31A) in 48 WHL games. I would call Sillinger a sniper, he has great goal-scoring ability. His playmaking isn’t bad either as Sillinger is able to create plays in the offensive zone. Once his explosiveness improves, Sillinger will be a low-end top nine player in the NHL. I would compare Sillinger to Patrik Laine of the Columbus Blue Jackets, except Sillinger can play center and wing. Both players are able to score up close to the goalie.
13Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-This is a player who has been all over the place in terms of draft rankings. The range is probably 10th-30th overall. Robertsson has a great shot and outstanding puck handling skills. However, he has lacked consistency playing in the SHL this season. In 22 SHL games, Robertsson has only scored 2 points (1G, 1A). But in the J20 Nationell, Robertsson scored over a point per game. He had 20 points (9G, 11A) in 15 games. Robertsson has the potential to be a reliable third-line winger in the NHL within a few seasons. I would say it would take about 2-3 seasons to develop and make an impact in the NHL. On a rebuilder Robertsson could be a low-end second line winger.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-
Matthew Coronato
I would say that Coronato is the second-most productive forward in the draft behind Guenther. He hasn’t put up over 2 points per game just like Guenther but has scored 80 points (45G, 35A) for Harvard University of the NCAA. A great work ethical player, Coronato can contribute well on the power play and penalty kill. His shot is deadly as Coronato is able to score a lot of goals. Once the skating improves, Coronato will make the NHL. He currently has the potential to be a reliable 3rd line winger. I would say this is probably the highest Coronato could be selected here, the range is 14th-35th overall. I would compare his play style to Jake Guentzel of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Both players can score of a lot of goals and are willing to be productive.
15Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-McTavish’s draft rankings are wide open. I would say he will go between 8th-30th overall. He is a pure sniper and a natural center, all he does is score goals. However, unlike the other snipers taken before him (Guenther, Lucius, Sillinger), McTavish doesn’t score in a variety of ways. Most of his goals are scored up close to the net. Once the skating improves, McTavish will be ready to make an impact in the NHL. His potential is great, the most McTavish can be is a second-line center. Normally he plays in the OHL for the Peterborough Petes, but this season he played in the SL, a league in Switzerland. There McTavish scored 11 points (9G, 2A) in 13 games. This is a bold comparison, but I would compare McTavish to Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Both are natural centers and both love to score goals. However, Matthews is a smoother skater than McTavish is.
16Logo of the Minnesota Wild-As you all know, Raty was the consensus No. 1 pick about a year ago. Production and the fact that he was cut from playing in the World Juniors made his rankings slip significantly. He was also demoted from the top Finnish league to the U20 Finnish league this season. His production in the top Finnish league was mediocre, Raty only scored 6 points (3G, 3A) in 35 games. However, after being demoted, Raty has slowly regained his ceiling, making his draft rankings increase a tiny bit. In the U20 Finnish league, Raty scored 7 points (3G, 4A) in 8 points. Raty probably has the best hockey IQ in the draft, he makes smart decisions with the puck. If Raty gets his ceiling back, he could end up being a long-term steal in the draft. His potential is big, Raty could more than likely be a high-end second line center. Right now Raty has the potential to become a reliable third-line center. I would compare Raty to Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks. Both players are natural centers and both have fantastic hockey IQ.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-L’Heureux is classified as the best power forward in the draft. He loves to be physical without the puck and with the puck, L’Heureux loves to shoot and score goals. Also very versatile in terms of position, he can play both center and wing. Currently plays for the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads, L’Heureux scored 39 points (19G, 20A) in 33 games in his sophomore season. Once the skating improves, within 3-4 seasons L’Heureux would be a reliable 3rd line forward. Any team who is lacking a physical presence would love to have him. I would compare his play style to Max Domi of the Columbus Blue Jackets. However, L’Heureux is more physical than Domi is. Both players love to shoot the puck and score goals.
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-Another big riser in the draft. With his dominant production in the WHL, Stankoven’s draft rankings have improved. Before his season started, Stankoven was a high second-round pick. He is an offensive force, he is able to create decent passing plays and also has a good shot selection. There is also a lot of versatility in terms of position, Stankoven can play both center and wing. Once his size (5’8’’, 174 lbs) and the defensive aspects of his game improve, Stankoven can be a reliable bottom-six forward. He mostly has been a shooter to start this season, putting up 7 goals in 6 games. Overall Stankoven has scored 10 points (7G, 3A) in those six games. This may be a strange comparison, but I would compare Stankoven to Lucas Raymond of the Detroit Red Wings. Both players are very offensive and make decent passing plays. Raymond however, is more defensive than Stankoven and bigger in terms of size.
19Logo of the New Jersey Devils-This is basically a Ryan Suter 2.0 player. Lambos plays a lot like Ryan Suter of the Minnesota Wild. Lambos plays an outstanding defensive minded game. He is described as the best defensive defenseman in the draft. Usually defensive defenseman has a very weak shot, but Lambos has decent shooting skills. Although his rankings have slipped, I don’t really see any weaknesses in his game. I think his rankings slipped because of his point production. For a defensive defenseman that is normal because they provide little to zero offensive production. Give Lambos a year to develop his game, and he will be a reliable top-four defenseman. In two WHL games, Lambos is currently scoreless. However, on loan in the U20 Finnish league, he scored 11 points (2G, 9A) in 13 games. Those numbers are impressive for a defensive defenseman. Any team lacking defense would love to draft him.
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersLike Lambos, Edvinsson has been inconsistent in terms of point production. Because of this, his draft rankings have slipped. In ten SHL games, Edvinsson put up only 1 assist. Edvinsson is a very complete defenseman, he can do everything with and without the puck. If Edvinsson somehow is able to get his ceiling back, he can be a reliable top-four defenseman in the NHL. Before his rankings slipped, scouts said that Edvinsson had the potential to be a low-end top two defenseman. Any team lacking defensive depth would love to draft him. Once he becomes more consistent and works on his awareness with/without the puck, Edvinsson will make the NHL. I would say it will take 1-2 seasons to do this. His play style I would compare him to is Oliver Ekman-Larsson of the Arizona Coyotes. Both literally do everything with the puck.
21Logo of the New York Rangers-I would say Stankoven and Bourgault are two similar players. Both are outstanding offensively, but lacking the defensive capabilities. However, Stankoven is more of a sniper whereas Bourgault is a two-way center. Because of versatility in terms of position, Stankoven is ahead of Bourgault in this mock draft. Bourgault can only play center, not as a winger. Stankoven can play both positions. Overall, Bourgault has high-end playmaking abilities, a good shot, and outstanding vision with the puck. Once the skating and stamina improves, which will take at least 5+ seasons to do, Bourgault can be a reliable bottom-six center in the NHL. Playing in the QMJHL, Bourgault scored 40 points (20G, 20A) in 29 games this season. Bourgault’s play style is often compared to Cam Aktinson of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both players like to do everything with the puck, although its mostly making outstanding passing plays.
22Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Because certain prospects have risen over the past month, Pastujov has fallen a bit. But you never, with how wide open this draft is, Pastujov could still be a top 20 pick. Pastujov is a solid goal-scorer and also provides a lot of physicality to the table. His potential is underrated, Pastujov can be a high-end third line winger in the NHL, maybe even a low-end second liner on a rebuilding team. He needs time to work on his awareness with the puck, in about 2-3 seasons Pastujov will make the NHL. He’s one of the more productive players in this draft, scoring 26 points (10G, 16A) in 18 USHL games. He also played for the USDP and scored 52 points (23G, 29A) in 34 games this season. Next season Pastujov is committed to the University of Notre Dame. I would compare his play style to Matthew Tkachuk of the Calgary Flames. Both players provide a physical presence on the ice and they also score a lot of goals.
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Ceulemans is the best right-shot defenseman in the draft behind Clarke. Not many defenseman in the draft are right-handed like Ceulemans. This player is also a Cale Makar 2.0 in some areas. Compared to Cale Makar of the Colorado Avalanche, both players played for the same AJHL team, the Brooks Bandits. Makar and Ceulemans are also great offensively, not so much defensively. His season in the AJHL finished with 11 points (4G, 7A) in 8 games. He is committed to play for the University of Wisconsin next season. Once the defensive aspects of his game improve, Ceulemans will be a reliable bottom-pair defenseman on any contending NHL team. If he gets drafted to a rebuilder, Ceulemans will likely be a low-end 2nd pairing defenseman in the NHL.
24Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThis is a high-risk player because Chibrikov plays in Russia. More than likely Chibrikov will take 5+ seasons to develop into the perfect NHL player. Chibrikov is best described as a two-way forward, mostly scorer, he can score goals and make great defensive plays. It is also hard to knock the puck off his stick and Chibrikov also provides physicality on the ice. He recently played in the MHL, scoring 9 points (3G, 6A) in 11 games. Chibrikov also played in the KHL and scored 2 points (1G, 1A) in 16 games. I would compare his play style to Brad Marchand of the Boston Bruins. Both like to be physical and both like to score lots of goals.
25Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Pinelli is essentially a Couturier 2.0 in most areas. Comparable to Sean Couturier of the Philadelphia Flyers, Pinelli has outstanding two-way ability and poise. I would say that Pinelli is also an excellent contributor on the power play and penalty kill. Any team with weak special team units would love to have him. Last season Pinelli played for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL as a rookie and scored 41 points (18G, 23A) in 59 games. This season he was loan to the AlpsHL, a league in Slovenia. There he scored 11 points (5G, 6A) in 13 games. His potential is great, Pinelli projects to be a reliable top-nine center in the NHL. Once his skating and speed improve, which will take about 2-3 seasons, Pinelli will be ready to jump into the NHL.
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Sebastian Cossa
Cossa is probably the biggest riser this season in terms of draft rankings, especially in the month of March. Mostly because of his outstanding play in the WHL to start the season. In 13 games, he is 12-0-1 with a 1.61 GAA, a .939 SV% along with two shutouts. Cossa has great speed and agility and reads the play well. He has underrated potential, Cossa could be a high-end No. 1 goalie within a few seasons. Some scouts have Cossa ranked higher than Wallstedt, which is very very bold. If he keeps dominating in the WHL, Cossa will more than likely be drafted in the top 15, he’s that good.
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningLike Cossa, Duke is another big riser. This is actually the lower part of where Duke would be drafted. I would say the range is 15th-30th overall. Duke has a dangerous shot, all the center does is score goals. Once the skating improves, Duke can provide secondary scoring on any team. He has great potential, Duke can be a high-end third line center in the NHL. I would say it will take Duke about 2-3 seasons to develop. This season he played in the USDP and scored 44 points (25G, 19A) in 43 games. He is committed to play at the University of Michigan next season. I would Duke’s play style to Brendan Gallagher of the Montreal Canadiens. Both players provide a lot of offense on the ice and are similar in size.
28Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBolduc, like Raty has been one of the biggest fallers in the draft. In particular, Bolduc has fallen because of an injury he is barring and also consistency in terms of point production. He is still averaging a point per game playing in the QMJHL, Bolduc has scored 29 points (10G, 19A) in 27 games. Bolduc has great hockey IQ and skating ability. Once he becomes more consistent and improves the defensive aspects of his game, Bolduc will be a reliable top-nine forward in the NHL. That’s if he gets his ceiling back. At this point, he’s no more than a middle-six forward. I would compare his play style to Anthony Beauvillier of the New York Islanders. Both players have great hockey IQ and generate a lot of offense.
29Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Another big riser, yet Svechkov is a high-risk pick because he’s Russian. He may take longer to develop than Chibrikov because he hasn’t played a single KHL game whereas Chibrikov has. Currently Svechkov plays in the VHL and has scored 15 points (5G, 10A) in 38 games. He’s a great all-around player, can score goals and make decent defensive plays. His awareness with the puck is also very solid and he also has great vision. All that needs improvement is his speed. But since he plays in Russia it will take a while for him to make the NHL. This would be a similar situation to Kirill Kaprizov of the Minnesota Wild. A team will have to wait several seasons for him to make the jump to the NHL. I would compare Svechkov to Jesse Puljujarvi of the Edmonton Oilers.
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-As you all know, before the season started, Chayka was a clear-cut top 15 pick. But with recent point production, Chayka has fallen in terms of draft rankings. That’s mostly because he’s on loan to the KHL this season. Last year he put up great numbers as a rookie for the Guelph Storm of the OHL. Chayka scored 34 points (11G, 23A) in 56 games. This season however, he’s scored 2 points (1G, 1A) in 11 KHL games. Chayka biggest strength is his size (6’3’’, 185 lbs). He is also great at making defensive plays. Once he improves he offensive aspects of his game as well as his shot, Chayka will make the NHL. Also Chayka lacks physicality, which is important for a defenseman. I say it will take 4 seasons for Chayka to develop. He currently projects as a low-end 2nd pairing defenseman. I would compare his play style to Mattias Ekholm of the Nashville Predators.
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-This is the lower end of when Olausson should be drafted. The highest he could be drafted is 15th overall with the lowest being 32nd overall. Olausson has a dangerous shot, great skating ability, and outstanding awareness with the puck. His potential is underrated, Olausson could be a reliable top-nine winger in the NHL. He just needs to work on the defensive aspects of the game, which will take about 3 seasons. This season he played in the SHL and scored 4 points (3G, 1A) in 16 games. However, Olausson played better during his time in the J20 Nationell league, scoring 27 points (14G, 13A) in 16 games. I would compare his play style to Filip Forsberg of the Nashville Predators. Both players have great skating ability and both have great shot selections.
32Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Before the month of April, Othmann was projected to be selected between 15th-25th overall. Now with certain players rising up the draft board, Othmann has slightly fallen. Still a decent prospect, Othmann has great two-way ability and a lethal shot. His agility and playmaking skills aren’t bad either. Mostly a shoot-first winger than passer. It won’t take much time for Othmann to develop and make the transition into the NHL. Once he improves his stamina and size, which will take about 3 seasons, Othmann will make the NHL. This season he’s on loan to the SL. As a teammate to McTavish, Othmann scored 16 points (7G, 9A) in 34 games. Last year as a rookie for the Flint Firebirds of the OHL, Othmann scored 33 points (17G, 16A) in 55 games. The potential that Othmann has is pretty decent, after the transition to the NHL, he will be a reliable third-line winger.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
Canes fan
@christianyog strikes again with an absolute banger! Man, you have some great insight. I love your player comparisons too. The Svozil pick could end up being sneaky because he has a pretty high upside and if he turns out to be something great, that would be a steal.

Great work!
Z0ra and ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 10:16 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: Dzinger18
@christianyog strikes again with an absolute banger! Man, you have some great insight. I love your player comparisons too. The Svozil pick could end up being sneaky because he has a pretty high upside and if he turns out to be something great, that would be a steal.

Great work!

Thank you for the support!
Zinger and ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
Devils Guy
I like what you've done here detailing some backgrounds on these players. Me personally, out of the top 5 players, if I got 1st pick, I'd take Owen Power. Everything I've read and watched, he looks to be a top pairing d-man. A lot of scouts are saying he's a poor mans Hedman. Not going to be as good offensively, but should be a top 2 two way defender.
Z0ra liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
power forward
Edited Apr. 20, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
I like what you've done here detailing some backgrounds on these players. Me personally, out of the top 5 players, if I got 1st pick, I'd take Owen Power. Everything I've read and watched, he looks to be a top pairing d-man. A lot of scouts are saying he's a poor mans Hedman. Not going to be as good offensively, but should be a top 2 two way defender.

Thank you for the feedback. What you are saying about Power being a potential top-2 defender makes sense.

EDIT: I just found out that Hughes is out for the season with an injury. I think sooner rather than later Power will be above him and maybe even be first overall again.
ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 5:37 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: christianyog
Thank you for the feedback. What you are saying about Power being a potential top-2 defender makes sense.

EDIT: I just found out that Hughes is out for the season with an injury. I think sooner rather than later Power will be above him and maybe even be first overall again.

And Hughes is not going 2nd overall. I could see him going somewhere between 5-8. But overall once again, great draft rankings. smile
ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 5:40 p.m.
Thank you for the support!

Hey dude, I've been reading a lot of your stuff on here and wanted to see if you were interested in joining me in the GM Game here on CapFriendly. The game is basically a multiple year long Arm-Chair GM, with each user of 32 teams making trades, drafting, free agency, etc. throughout the season. We have a pretty sophisticated scoring system too, with playoffs and our own lottery. We've been running this version since the 2019 season and I really think you'd be a great addition to our game. I'm the Quebec GM, and have lots of draft picks this year.

You can quote and reply to this if you have any interest. Like I said, I'd love to have you as my assistant GM.

Heres the link to the forum section on Capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/gm-game-v4
Here is the link to my team: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/364491
Apr. 20, 2021 at 5:41 p.m.
christianyog strikes again with an absolute banger! Man, you have some great insight. I love your player comparisons too. The Svozil pick could end up being sneaky because he has a pretty high upside and if he turns out to be something great, that would be a steal.

Great work!

Hey you've been a solid contributor on this thread and think you'd be a great addition to my team on the GM Game. The game is basically a multiple year long Arm-Chair GM, with each user of 32 teams making trades, drafting, free agency, etc. throughout the season. We have a pretty sophisticated scoring system too, with playoffs and our own lottery. We've been running this version since the 2019 season and I really think you'd be a great addition to our game. I'm the Quebec GM, and have lots of draft picks this year.

You can quote and reply to this if you have any interest. Like I said, I'd love to have you as my assistant GM.

Heres the link to the forum section on Capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/gm-game-v4
Here is the link to my team: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/364491
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.
power forward

Great work!

Next month I might do the same thing, except with the top 40. There was so many prospects that I've missed.
ChiHawk and Zinger liked this.
Apr. 21, 2021 at 1:26 a.m.
Svozil is a great call. I don't think he'll go quite top 10 but believe he will go top 15...he's flying under a lot of the jounalist's analysts radars but I'm sure teams are well aware of him. Lambos to me has such big upside and can turn into a top 2 defensive player in the draft. As a Hawks fan, knowing we will likely pick between #10 and #13, I sure hope we grab him there. Worse case he's a solid 2nd liner but do think he can be a very good first liner in the league.

Between Evidsson, Svozil, Hughes, Power, and Clarke, all of these players have top line potential and 2nd line basements. None are likely elite level players but this draft in general isn't looking to produce any real elite players (albeit there will be likely 1 that jumps out 5 years down the road and surprises us).

Really good work...love what you are doing here!
Apr. 21, 2021 at 1:27 a.m.
Next month I might do the same thing, except with the top 40. There was so many prospects that I've missed.

Let's see if you could do 1st and 2nd round in their entirety! cheers
Apr. 21, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: ChiHawk
Let's see if you could do 1st and 2nd round in their entirety! cheers

Thanks for the support, I'll try to do that.
Apr. 21, 2021 at 9:25 a.m.
Canes fan

Yes please. Keep up the great work!
Apr. 21, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
Fan of the OHL
Really nice work and write-ups. Typo on Matthew Coronato - he scored all those goals and points for Chicago Steel of the USHL Not Harvard. He is only committed to Harvard next year.
It would be nice to see a draft of players by team need. Most of the time Best Available Player (BAP) theory should trump need, however in this draft where scouting reports are critical without many games played for improvement / growth evaluation and talent differences, I wonder if many teams will draft for need. As an example, Montreal has needs at Centre and Left wing scoring, and perhaps a RHD with a high ceiling to step into Petry's role in a couple of years. Otherwise their D Prospects are strong, and RW with Anderson, Gallagher and Caufield are likely set.
I think you hit it in this draft for them at Zachary L'Heureux, but I could see them going for Pastujov and no more small forwards. Oskar Olausson or Xavier Bourgault may fit. Possibly Sillinger, McTavish or Raty fall to them
Apr. 21, 2021 at 10:23 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: Leemer
Really nice work and write-ups. Typo on Matthew Coronato - he scored all those goals and points for Chicago Steel of the USHL Not Harvard. He is only committed to Harvard next year.
It would be nice to see a draft of players by team need. Most of the time Best Available Player (BAP) theory should trump need, however in this draft where scouting reports are critical without many games played for improvement / growth evaluation and talent differences, I wonder if many teams will draft for need. As an example, Montreal has needs at Centre and Left wing scoring, and perhaps a RHD with a high ceiling to step into Petry's role in a couple of years. Otherwise their D Prospects are strong, and RW with Anderson, Gallagher and Caufield are likely set.
I think you hit it in this draft for them at Zachary L'Heureux, but I could see them going for Pastujov and no more small forwards. Oskar Olausson or Xavier Bourgault may fit. Possibly Sillinger, McTavish or Raty fall to them

Thank you for the support and feedback.
Leemer liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll