Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:29 p.m.
Is it still his fault?
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:32 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
2 things can be true

1. Andersen has sucked for a bit now

2. These goalies have been suffering lately too

I cant imagine thinking this is some sort of "gotcha" like, did you even think before you posted?
Daryl liked this.
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
2 things can be true

1. Andersen has sucked for a bit now

2. These goalies have been suffering lately too

I cant imagine thinking this is some sort of "gotcha" like, did you even think before you posted?

he only sucked due to injury thats it. The fact he played 2 weeks with it showed how committed he was in trying to help us as did u really want Hutchinson/Woll as the duo? no
Apr. 20, 2021 at 11:51 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: aadoyle
he only sucked due to injury thats it. The fact he played 2 weeks with it showed how committed he was in trying to help us as did u really want Hutchinson/Woll as the duo? no

If he only played with injury for 2 weeks then why has he sucked since... the middle of last season? Still, doesn't change the fact that the current tendies sucking has 0 to do with Freddie.
Apr. 21, 2021 at 9:03 p.m.
I was and still am one person who thinks the Leafs need to move on from Andersen. My critism of him is not just about the play-in series vs Columbus but about the last 3 playoff series. He couldn't make the clutch play.

Now just because Campbell and Rittich haven't done that either doesn't mean Andersen suddenly has it.

Quoting: aadoyle

What about the playoffs before the play-in series? Was he hurt then too?
Apr. 21, 2021 at 10:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 21, 2021 at 11:38 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
I was and still am one person who thinks the Leafs need to move on from Andersen. My critism of him is not just about the play-in series vs Columbus but about the last 3 playoff series. He couldn't make the clutch play.

Now just because Campbell and Rittich haven't done that either doesn't mean Andersen suddenly has it.

What about the playoffs before the play-in series? Was he hurt then too?

he only had trouble in the final game and to be fair Muzzin was out, Barrie was out, leaving a dcore with Marincin and Ceci in the top 4. If the leafs didnt relax and cause a 3-0 lead to be lost they would have went to R2 by G4. But still despite that was able to put up a 0.936SV and a 1.82GAA in 5 playoff games. He just has trouble in final games in a series thats it, play better the first 4 or 5 games and u wont need to put him in those situations
leaflet liked this.
Apr. 21, 2021 at 11:27 p.m.
It's the defensive system and situational awareness that matter. If both are there, you can play Andersen or Campbell and have good chances.

We didn't have that last season. Leafs had improved tremendously earlier this year, during their winning run. They need to revert to that for the playoffs.

I can't believe how bad the tying goal by Vancouver looked on Sunday. Gee I hate that kind of system so much, with Rielly too high in his zone, almost at the blue line, for some kind of BS man to man coverage. Of course, this will leave someone completely alone with an empty net. Sorry, but it's not Jack Campbell's fault that his defensemen are out of position. You can clearly see on the play that Matthews was not expecting that system at all. (Who would?) It's a coaching mistake, not a goalie's mistake.

They didn't do that kind of nonsense earlier this season. Keep that nice box in front of the net, and the goalies will be fine.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll