G
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 21, 2021 at 11:41 p.m.
Banned
Yeah the pens wreck the Leafs in this trade.
Apr. 21, 2021 at 11:43 p.m.
NoWah49
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Yeah the pens wreck the Leafs in this trade.

not so fast, (although Nylander has more value) Rust has been better than him for 3 mil less, and Marino (although having an off year) is a solid top 4 dman. Nylander > Rust Marino > Liljegren.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 1:08 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: NoWah49
not so fast, (although Nylander has more value) Rust has been better than him for 3 mil less, and Marino (although having an off year) is a solid top 4 dman. Nylander > Rust Marino > Liljegren.

Nylander has 49 more points in 6 less games and is 4 years younger. One is entering their prime and is way better. That's a ridiculous assessment. Marino is an NHL defenceman. He may be better than Liljegren or he may not be. It'll take a while to tell. Regardless, Nylander is by far the best asset in this trade. It's not debatable
oneX liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 8:16 a.m.
Banned
Nylander has 49 more points in 6 less games and is 4 years younger. One is entering their prime and is way better. That's a ridiculous assessment. Marino is an NHL defenceman. He may be better than Liljegren or he may not be. It'll take a while to tell. Regardless, Nylander is by far the best asset in this trade. It's not debatable

it doesn't take awhile to tell that Marino is far better than Liljegren
Liljegren is 21 and never done ****. And he doesn't look like that is going to change next year either. Meanwhile Marino established himself at 22 on his first crack at the NHL.
I don't think anyone has to wait to tell who is the better defenseman there. Hell if TOR had any faith in him, he's have got regular ice time by now.
As for the Rust Nyander. the 5v5 stats are really close. It's clearly not the difference of a Marino.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:34 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: pharrow
it doesn't take awhile to tell that Marino is far better than Liljegren
Liljegren is 21 and never done ****. And he doesn't look like that is going to change next year either. Meanwhile Marino established himself at 22 on his first crack at the NHL.
I don't think anyone has to wait to tell who is the better defenseman there. Hell if TOR had any faith in him, he's have got regular ice time by now.
As for the Rust Nyander. the 5v5 stats are really close. It's clearly not the difference of a Marino.

Marino isn't looking all that special this season. Liljegren looks good on the farm and Nylander has more even strength points than Rust and is 4 years younger and has done it in less games. Once again, the difference between Nylander and Rust isn't Marino, the difference between Nylander and both of these assets is still more. Take Liljegren out and it's still not fair. Marino is a bottom 4 defender. Nylander is a top line play driver. Rust is a depth forward. Liljegren is a highly touted RHD who is 21.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
Marino isn't looking all that special this season. Liljegren looks good on the farm and Nylander has more even strength points than Rust and is 4 years younger and has done it in less games. Once again, the difference between Nylander and Rust isn't Marino, the difference between Nylander and both of these assets is still more. Take Liljegren out and it's still not fair. Marino is a bottom 4 defender. Nylander is a top line play driver. Rust is a depth forward. Liljegren is a highly touted RHD who is 21.

Obviously you repeat what the moronic trolls post and have a clear bias to toronto. Marino played the majority of the season with Matheson or on his off handed side. Since being paired back with MP, he has been playing just as good, if not better than last year. Liljegren hasn’t done squat and is close to being a bust. I don’t see a future outside a bottom pairing Dman. Marino is a top 4 dman and likely going to be a top pair dman in a couple years. Marino is light years better than Liljegren. Ask 31 gm’s right now who they’d rather have and I can guarantee all 31 would say Marino. Nylander is better than Rust but they are still close. This easily favors the leafs.
pharrow liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pensfan89
Obviously you repeat what the moronic trolls post and have a clear bias to toronto. Marino played the majority of the season with Matheson or on his off handed side. Since being paired back with MP, he has been playing just as good, if not better than last year. Liljegren hasn’t done squat and is close to being a bust. I don’t see a future outside a bottom pairing Dman. Marino is a top 4 dman and likely going to be a top pair dman in a couple years. Marino is light years better than Liljegren. Ask 31 gm’s right now who they’d rather have and I can guarantee all 31 would say Marino. Nylander is better than Rust but they are still close. This easily favors the leafs.

Marino is fine, he's doesn't strike me as anything overly special just a solid NHL defenceman. A 21 year defenceman isn't a bust, especially since he's a top pairing guy showing really good progression on the far as their top defenceman. He's going to be a good player down the road. This whole Rust is close to Nylander idea is ridiculous. He's 28 and had a good year last year and is doing good this year. He's 28 though, last year is the best you are evey going to get out of him. Nylander is just entering his prime. And he's flat out better. The only way to say this favors TO is if you believe Marino is a future number 1 which is a huge stretch. He's similar to what I see Liljegren becoming which is a very good top 4 complimentary piece. A TJ Brodie if you will. Nothing all that special offensively but solid defensively. That isn't a bust. Typical fan bias here. "But rust had 27 goals last year after being a 3rd liner for his entire career prior". Nylander is better anyone who isn't loving their own player unconditionally knows this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Marino is fine, he's doesn't strike me as anything overly special just a solid NHL defenceman. A 21 year defenceman isn't a bust, especially since he's a top pairing guy showing really good progression on the far as their top defenceman. He's going to be a good player down the road. This whole Rust is close to Nylander idea is ridiculous. He's 28 and had a good year last year and is doing good this year. He's 28 though, last year is the best you are evey going to get out of him. Nylander is just entering his prime. And he's flat out better. The only way to say this favors TO is if you believe Marino is a future number 1 which is a huge stretch. He's similar to what I see Liljegren becoming which is a very good top 4 complimentary piece. A TJ Brodie if you will. Nothing all that special offensively but solid defensively. That isn't a bust. Typical fan bias here. "But rust had 27 goals last year after being a 3rd liner for his entire career prior". Nylander is better anyone who isn't loving their own player unconditionally knows this.

Again no one here has denied that nylander is a better player than rust. What we are saying is that they are pretty close. They have played a similar amount of games and Nylander on has a 49 point advantage (4 goal advantage). It’s a fact that rust has played a bottom 6 role for a good majority of his career. He also plays the PK and a defensive role. Which is why it makes him close to Nylander. Marino is proven, Liljegren isn’t. We’ve heard the past couple years that Liljegren was going to be up and yet isn’t. I didn’t say he was a bust. I said he is close to being one. He hasn’t done squat in the nhl. He played 11 games last year in a sheltered role and looked less than impressive. Hence why he isn’t up now. It doesn’t matter what you see Liljegren as. Clearly no one else sees him as that. He may be a bottom pair dman with the potential to be a 2nd pair if he figures it out. Marino is a 2nd pair dman with the potential to be number 1. Actually likely to be a number 1. That’s hardly similar to Liljegren’s trajectory. The value between rust and Nylander isn’t Marino. That’s way too much.
pharrow liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
Banned
Again no one here has denied that nylander is a better player than rust. What we are saying is that they are pretty close. They have played a similar amount of games and Nylander on has a 49 point advantage (4 goal advantage). It’s a fact that rust has played a bottom 6 role for a good majority of his career. He also plays the PK and a defensive role. Which is why it makes him close to Nylander. Marino is proven, Liljegren isn’t. We’ve heard the past couple years that Liljegren was going to be up and yet isn’t. I didn’t say he was a bust. I said he is close to being one. He hasn’t done squat in the nhl. He played 11 games last year in a sheltered role and looked less than impressive. Hence why he isn’t up now. It doesn’t matter what you see Liljegren as. Clearly no one else sees him as that. He may be a bottom pair dman with the potential to be a 2nd pair if he figures it out. Marino is a 2nd pair dman with the potential to be number 1. Actually likely to be a number 1. That’s hardly similar to Liljegren’s trajectory. The value between rust and Nylander isn’t Marino. That’s way too much.

Massive optimism here. And huge homer bias. Liljegren for in for 11 games when the top 3 defenceman for the Leafs were hurt and their goaltending went on a huge slide. No one looked good at that time. There isn't room this season but next year he will get the opportunity to stick. Likely as a 3rd pair guy to start but with how he's progressed on the farm, I think he has potential to be a good top 4 contributor by the time he's 25.

As for this whole Nylander vs Rust being close arguement. It's just ridiculous. He is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer which is why he has more assists than goals. Again though he done it in less games and is Four years younger. This is just silly already. We have all seen the absolute best from Rust. A good player no doubt but he is in no way ever comparable to Nylander. A point a game season of 40 goals is absolutely possible with Nylander. Compare him to Guentzal, that's a hell of a lot closer than Rust. I am fully aware this is going to trigger you guys.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Massive optimism here. And huge homer bias. Liljegren for in for 11 games when the top 3 defenceman for the Leafs were hurt and their goaltending went on a huge slide. No one looked good at that time. There isn't room this season but next year he will get the opportunity to stick. Likely as a 3rd pair guy to start but with how he's progressed on the farm, I think he has potential to be a good top 4 contributor by the time he's 25.

As for this whole Nylander vs Rust being close arguement. It's just ridiculous. He is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer which is why he has more assists than goals. Again though he done it in less games and is Four years younger. This is just silly already. We have all seen the absolute best from Rust. A good player no doubt but he is in no way ever comparable to Nylander. A point a game season of 40 goals is absolutely possible with Nylander. Compare him to Guentzal, that's a hell of a lot closer than Rust. I am fully aware this is going to trigger you guys.

Yes you have huge Homer bias. That’s evident lol. Liljegren will possibly turn into a solid top 4 by age 25. Marino did that by age 22. To sit there and say nylander is better than rust because he is ahead of rust in trajectory then say Liljegren and Marino are the same even though Marino is miles ahead of Liljegren in trajectory is nonsense. The fact of the matter is that contending teams go based on what is the current status. Could nylander in a few years be better than he is now...sure. Is it possible this is the best of nylander too...sure. If the pens are rebuilding then this absolutely makes more sense for pittsburgh. If Rust had term I’d say this makes even more sense for the leafs. The only reason I think the leafs decline is because rust is going to want a raise and the leafs are cap strapped. I would bet leafs would take the massive upgrade in defense (especially considering their past 5 games and history) over a minor upgrade in offense.
pharrow liked this.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Banned
Yes you have huge Homer bias. That’s evident lol. Liljegren will possibly turn into a solid top 4 by age 25. Marino did that by age 22. To sit there and say nylander is better than rust because he is ahead of rust in trajectory then say Liljegren and Marino are the same even though Marino is miles ahead of Liljegren in trajectory is nonsense. The fact of the matter is that contending teams go based on what is the current status. Could nylander in a few years be better than he is now...sure. Is it possible this is the best of nylander too...sure. If the pens are rebuilding then this absolutely makes more sense for pittsburgh. If Rust had term I’d say this makes even more sense for the leafs. The only reason I think the leafs decline is because rust is going to want a raise and the leafs are cap strapped. I would bet leafs would take the massive upgrade in defense (especially considering their past 5 games and history) over a minor upgrade in offense.

Except Marino isn't remotely as good as Nylander is. That's the point here. Nylander is the best asset by far. It's not close
Apr. 22, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
NoWah49

Except Marino isn't remotely as good as Nylander is. That's the point here. Nylander is the best asset by far. It's not close

you guys are arguing so much about this that I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's close to even
Apr. 22, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.

Like I said, you have extreme Homer bias. Nylander and Rust are close. I doubt the pens would do Marino for Nylander straight up. Lying and blatantly undervaluing Marino doesn’t help your case, it makes your case look worse. No one here has said Rust was better or anyone was better than Nylander in this trade. To say Marino is a bottom 4 defenseman and that’s what he will be is ridiculous. To say Nylander is far greater than both Marino and Rust (who in a similar amount of games only has 4 more goals and 49 points but twice the cap hit) is insane.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
you guys are arguing so much about this that I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's close to even

I just believe Toronto doesn’t do it cause of cap. Pens don’t do it because they are trading and taking a big blow to a position of weakness for a slight upgrade to a position of strength. It just wouldn’t make sense for them tbh. If it was a LHD, it’d make more sense for the pens.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
Banned

It's not. This isn't enough for Nylander by himself.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
Banned
Like I said, you have extreme Homer bias. Nylander and Rust are close. I doubt the pens would do Marino for Nylander straight up. Lying and blatantly undervaluing Marino doesn’t help your case, it makes your case look worse. No one here has said Rust was better or anyone was better than Nylander in this trade. To say Marino is a bottom 4 defenseman and that’s what he will be is ridiculous. To say Nylander is far greater than both Marino and Rust (who in a similar amount of games only has 4 more goals and 49 points but twice the cap hit) is insane.

You guys are just straight up silly.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 7:45 p.m.
You guys are just straight up silly.

I mean, you’re an extreme Homer lol. So nothing you said in this should be taken seriously.
Apr. 22, 2021 at 7:49 p.m.
Banned

I mean, you’re an extreme Homer lol. So nothing you said in this should be taken seriously.

It's not even close the dude a straight troll

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll