SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

If everyone drafted out of need

If everyone drafted out of need

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Bobcat205
Published: Apr. 23, 2021 at 11:05 a.m.
Description
here is the website i used to gauge team needs.

https://www.freeagentforecast.com/nhl/team-needs
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Yes, i do understand that, as a Jackets fan, i'm biased for making CBJ win the lottery. LET ME DREAM, DAMMIT. Anyhow, Beniers definitely has the potential to be a top line center. And we need those. BAD.
2Logo of the Ottawa Senators-It has been said that the Sens need a playmaking center. Eklund can play center and does fit that need. Another playmaking center would be Kent Johnson.
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-He's a big dude and could be a good help if Ristolainen leaves in FA.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I couldn't really find anything (on my school computer that wasn't blocked) that told me anything about team needs, so i just inserted the top player still available, which was Edvinsson.
5Logo of the Seattle Kraken-At this point, Seattle's team needs are everything, since there are no players on the roster. So, again, top player available. This also coincides with one of the mock Expansion Drafts i did, which you can look at on my profile.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks need a left winger. Lysell is the best LW still available.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-The Canucks, according to the website, don't really have a specific need. So i just picked Luke Hughes so that he can partner with his brother Quinn. Here's to hoping that Jack gets traded to Vancouver.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-He is capable of playing left wing, which is something LA needs. "Despite playing center in junior, he’s mostly played the left wing with Matty Beniers as his center on Michigan’s top line." -smahtscouting.com
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-While drafting a goalie in the top 10 might be a gamble but trust me. My reasoning? A goalie corps of Thomas Greiss and Johnathan Bernier is not going to sustain itself for long. You need a young star to man the crease.
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-When you look at the Sharks roster, there are only 3 natural RWs. Chibrikov is the best natural RW on the market.
11Logo of the Calgary Flames-HOLY HELL, DO YOU NEED GOALIES. If the cards are played right, Cossa could be the heir apparent to Big Save Dave.
12Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Again, it's a "natural position" thing, but this time it's for Left Wingers instead of Right Wingers.. Olausson is the best natural LW.
13Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
14Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I'm honestly surprised that Clarke slid down this far. Apparently everyone's okay on defense.
15Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Giroux and JVR are old. Left Wing is kind of a need.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Hopefully they don't ruin Lucius like they did Galchenyuk.
17Logo of the Dallas Stars-The only natural RW they have is Joe Pavelski. that's a problem.
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Preds just need wingers. On both sides. Thankfully Tuomaala can play in all positions on the forward lines.
19Logo of the New York Rangers-There isn't really much that the Rangers need, so i picked the top player available again. the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 punch of Panarin-Strome-Buchnevich-Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko-Kravtsov-Sillinger would be a force to be reckoned with.
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-RNH is likely leaving Edmonton, so they need a center to possibly play on the third line behind McJesus and Draisaitl (or the second line if Draisaitl plays wing).
21Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-As Matheiu Perreault is getting older and likely not re-signing in Winnipeg, they might need a depth LW.
22Logo of the Boston Bruins-Bergeron and Krejci are getting older, and Bolduc (if the cards are played right) could be a first line center in a few years.
23Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild, quite literally, have no RWs. I'm not kidding. They have another pick, which will also be used to pick a RW.
24Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersThe Devs have a mild need for a center, and he could be a good bottom 6er.
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsSee? what did i tell you? another RW.
26Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Jackets pick another center. I passed on Bourgault because i've heard a lot of good things about Raty and he's Finnish.
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsFinally, after a long free-fall, Ceulemans gets picked. Defense is not really a need for many teams.
28Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI would pick another center, but since Savard might not re-sign with CBJ, we could use the defensive help.
29Logo of the Florida Panthers-The Panthers don't need anything, so i just picked the top rated player available again.
30Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avs need LWs. Fyodor can play LW.
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Canes also need LWs, in a much more desperate way.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-And to round out the first round, the Knight pick a center since they need one the most, which isn't saying much, but hey, it'll work.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 11:24 a.m.
I like to hockey
Woah woah woah. What about Luke to NJ and hope that Quinn gets traded to NJ rather than they group up in Vancouver. I'm biased and prefer that happens instead.
Zinger and Bobcat205 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Flames need RW more
Apr. 23, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.
Canes fan
We need defense more than LW. If a guy like Svozil, Morrow, Behrens, or Hreschuk is still on the board when we're picking then I suggest we take one of them. And Knies isn't really even the best left winger available. Stankoven and Martino are galaxies better than him.
On Left wing, Svech can really play either wing and if Jarvis becomes a top-line caliber right winger, Svech will likely play left. Jamieson Rees could also play left wing, so this is what the future left wing would look like:

Svech
Rees
Foegele
Anyone

I think its safe to say we need defense in this draft because our best defense prospects are Joey Keane and Anttoni Honka. Don't get me wrong, they're both great and can play top 4 minutes down the lines, but we need some more stardom for the top pair as Hamilton's career here is in jeopardy and Slavin is already in his prime now. Pesce will stay on the second pair until other guys step up or Hamilton leaves and Bean has a strong top 4 potential, but top pair? I don't know...

So pretty much, we need a defenseman in the 1st round this year unless a really good forwards falls to us.
Bobcat205 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
power forward
Jets have a LW in Perfetti, who is playing decent as an 18-year-old in the AHL. He could likely replace Perreault.

Lambos is a must-grab for the Jets. It's easy to scout him because he plays in Winnipeg and also the Jets need defense more than forwards.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 12:49 p.m.
Banned
I'm not sure where the idea that Calgary needs a goalie comes from? They severely lack scoring and talent on the right side, they have Markstrom, can sign a UFA and two pretty high ceiling prospects in the pipeline.
Gmonwy, Saskleaf and Duggysdanglers liked this.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 1:35 p.m.
John Leonard Viewer
Half the Sharks 2020 class was RW
Apr. 23, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Isles7
laine-berniers-bjorkstrand top line...
Apr. 23, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
You can make the argument that the Sens need a playmaker C like Eklund. They have Stützle, Norris, Pinto, Nick Paul. I think they really need a stud D to build around. I’d take one of Power, Edvinsson or Clarke. Brandt Clarke would work really well to complement Chabot. Since they have Jake Sanderson on LD with loads of potential they might want to grab a RD. I know they have JBD and Lassi Thomson but they don’t compare to Clarke.
Apr. 23, 2021 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: PhatRas
I'm not sure where the idea that Calgary needs a goalie comes from? They severely lack scoring and talent on the right side, they have Markstrom, can sign a UFA and two pretty high ceiling prospects in the pipeline.

Flames are in desperate need of gamebreaking talent at RW. Chaz Lucius- who I think can become a top line NHL talent - or Simon Robertsson would be solid picks at this spot in this mock draft.
I love Cossa for the Oilers big time but I think Dustin Wolf will be groomed to takeover for Markstrom down the road.
PhatRas and Gmonwy liked this.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 5:30 a.m.
mokumboi
If Brandt Clarke is somehow still available when the Blues draft, they'll take him in a heartbeat. But he won;t be.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.
Just wanna point out that Kaprizov is a natural RW despite being left handed, he’s always played the off side

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll