UFA - 7
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
if mcdavid wins the hart, who's the runner up
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:14 a.m.
Banned
Not even remotely close to correct. Without McDavid Edmonton is a bottom 5 team. Pittsburgh isn't that bad without crosby
Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Not even remotely close to correct. Without McDavid Edmonton is a bottom 5 team. Pittsburgh isn't that bad without crosby

pittsburgh minus malkin with a ton of injuries to their top 6 forward group is sitting 8th in the league right now. you cannot tell me if u subtract crosby this team is even close to where they are right now. and i'm not saying mcdavid isn't valuable he just isn't as valuable as crosby at this point in time
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
Daddy
McDavid is just far and away the MVP IMO, based on what he has around him and his analytics I don't think anyone really comes close, maybe Panarin but I still think it's McDavid by a good margin.
Kotkaniemi15 and Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:45 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pens2000
pittsburgh minus malkin with a ton of injuries to their top 6 forward group is sitting 8th in the league right now. you cannot tell me if u subtract crosby this team is even close to where they are right now. and i'm not saying mcdavid isn't valuable he just isn't as valuable as crosby at this point in time

Edmonton is a bad team. Without McDavid they are a bottom 5 team. Without Crosby, Pittsburgh is likely not in the playoffs but they would still be better than bottom 5. Crosby is vital no doubt and I'd say he's a finalist for the Hart. I'd even say he deserves it more than Matthews this season but without McDavid Edmonton is the worst team in the North and bottom 5 in the league if not last.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:47 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
McDavid is just far and away the MVP IMO, based on what he has around him and his analytics I don't think anyone really comes close, maybe Panarin but I still think it's McDavid by a good margin.

Even then, Panarin has a far better supporting cast. Beyond Draisaitl, McDavid doesn't have anyone worth much to work with. And yet he's running away with the Art Ross, the Hart, The Pearson and may as well give him everything else beyond the Rocket.
Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:49 a.m.
Daddy
Even then, Panarin has a far better supporting cast. Beyond Draisaitl, McDavid doesn't have anyone worth much to work with. And yet he's running away with the Art Ross, the Hart, The Pearson and may as well give him everything else beyond the Rocket.

Yea that's why I said it's McDavid by a good Margin
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:49 a.m.
I think it’s a tossup between McDavid and Sid. McDavid is obviously better, but like you said, given the pens injuries this year, they’d be a lottery team if Sid went down. Just look at how many man games lost
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.
Banned
Yea that's why I said it's McDavid by a good Margin

For a while I thought Matthews was deserving of it since TO is a better team but watching the Oilers a lot more than usual this year has reinforced my belief that he carries that team by himself. Draisaitl is the only player who can look good on his own sometimes and even then, I don't think he's half as good as he gets credit for. McDavid puts 2/3rds of his points on his score sheet. The Oilers are McDavid and if they had even marginally good management, (not saying Holland is terrible, he may be but it's too early to say for certain) they would be unstoppable. Chiarelli should never work in hockey again after he torpedoed this team. Hardly any prospects, a sad cap situation and no easy way out could drive McDavid out the door by the time his contract is up.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.
Isles7

Puljujärvi and RNH are great top 6 wingers
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
I think it’s a tossup between McDavid and Sid. McDavid is obviously better, but like you said, given the pens injuries this year, they’d be a lottery team if Sid went down. Just look at how many man games lost

Honestly it doesn't even matter. Without McDavid, Edmonton could finish last. Injuries don't matter, their roster is horrible. No McDavid Draisaitl would have 30 points or less. Edmonton would be battling Ottawa for last in the league. No Sid and Pittsburgh is 5th or 6th in their division. Maybe bottom 10. Still a much better team than Edmonton has without McDavid. They literally are an AHL team without McDavid.
Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Daddy
Quoting: Isles777

Puljujarvi is serviceable, RNH is great though.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Banned

No they aren't. RNH is a good player but he's never been able to be much without better players around him. He accomplished pretty much nothing unless he's with one of McDavid or Draisaitl. Pulli is the same but shows even less without McDavid. He's a below average bottom 6 player unless he's with McDavid and he doesn't make McDavid better. No one can reasonably argued that McDavid doesn't carry that team. Its just ridiculous and flat out disrespectful to no credit McDavid with being the only reason his team is in the position it is. Maybe argue Smith has helped by playing over his head but still without McDavid the team would have scored half as many goals this season. Maybe even less.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Honestly it doesn't even matter. Without McDavid, Edmonton could finish last. Injuries don't matter, their roster is horrible. No McDavid Draisaitl would have 30 points or less. Edmonton would be battling Ottawa for last in the league. No Sid and Pittsburgh is 5th or 6th in their division. Maybe bottom 10. Still a much better team than Edmonton has without McDavid. They literally are an AHL team without McDavid.

How can you say drai would have 30 points? He’s a superstar. Edmonton would suck without McDavid forsure. But drai is a star and can carry a team.
Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:04 a.m.
Banned
How can you say drai would have 30 points? He’s a superstar. Edmonton would suck without McDavid forsure. But drai is a star and can carry a team.

He absolutely can't. 2/3rds of his points this season have come with McDavid on the ice. Over his entire career it's almost 3/4 of his points have come with McDavid. Draisaitl is crazy good with McDavid and is a very good player but he is the secondary guy in Edmonton. The game plan vs the Oilers is shut down McDavid. If you do that, it's almost a sure thing you win. If Draisaitl had to be the guy and face the top players from the other team every game for a whole season his stats would be hit hard.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Daddy
Edited Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.

There's no proof or reason to his statement simply just a wild assumption because McDavid is on the ice for a lot of Draisaitls points. Which is obvious lol, a superstar is gonna produce more with another superstar along side him then along. Draisaitl is on the ice for over half of McDavids points as well but he will just ignore that lol. It's a dumb argument.
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Daddy
Edited Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
No they aren't. RNH is a good player but he's never been able to be much without better players around him. He accomplished pretty much nothing unless he's with one of McDavid or Draisaitl. Pulli is the same but shows even less without McDavid. He's a below average bottom 6 player unless he's with McDavid and he doesn't make McDavid better. No one can reasonably argued that McDavid doesn't carry that team. Its just ridiculous and flat out disrespectful to no credit McDavid with being the only reason his team is in the position it is. Maybe argue Smith has helped by playing over his head but still without McDavid the team would have scored half as many goals this season. Maybe even less.

Nuge is a consistent 50-60 point guy who's great defensively. McDavid is good but he's not that good lol he doesn't add 20+ points to anyone who plays he reasonable amount with. You can't say without him the team would have half the goals they have lol. They have 144 goals this year but without McDavid they would have 72? That's 40 less than the RedWings lol. Draisaitl has proven he can produce with or without McDavid at an elite level. Does McDavid boost his totals? Sure, but Draisaitl helps with McDavids points totals.
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:25 a.m.
Isles7

Ok if you want to use that excuse for RNH than the same applies to nylander.

Once again youre wrong about puljujarvi:
Puljujärvi + Mcdavid : 55.95 xgf%
Puljujärvi without mcdavid : 59.91 xgf%

Puljujärvi is a great top 6 W and he’s a great compliment to Mcdavid
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Isles7
Puljujarvi is serviceable, RNH is great though.

I’d say puljujarvi is more than serviceable. Elite defensively, great play driver. If he can become a better finisher he’ll be a top 10 rw in the league
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
He absolutely can't. 2/3rds of his points this season have come with McDavid on the ice. Over his entire career it's almost 3/4 of his points have come with McDavid. Draisaitl is crazy good with McDavid and is a very good player but he is the secondary guy in Edmonton. The game plan vs the Oilers is shut down McDavid. If you do that, it's almost a sure thing you win. If Draisaitl had to be the guy and face the top players from the other team every game for a whole season his stats would be hit hard.

Elite players produce when they’re surrounded by other elite players lol. This isn’t a new concept. Even when McDavid was injured last year Drai stepped up his game and was excellent. McDavid is obviously better than Drai, but Drai is still an elite centre and one of the best in the game
Jeuck75 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:28 a.m.
I’d say puljujarvi is more than serviceable. Elite defensively, great play driver. If he can become a better finisher he’ll be a top 10 rw in the league

Top 10 is a huge reach...
LafreniereIsGOATed liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Nuge is a consistent 50-60 point guy who's great defensively. McDavid is good but he's not that good lol he doesn't add 20+ points to anyone who plays he reasonable amount with. You can't say without him the team would have half the goals they have lol. They have 144 goals this year but without McDavid they would have 72? That's 40 less than the RedWings lol. Draisaitl has proven he can produce with or without McDavid at an elite level. Does McDavid boost his totals? Sure, but Draisaitl helps with McDavids points totals.

Yup. Good players feed off each other. Not that hard of a concept to grasp. We’ve seen Drai dominant without McDavid on the ice/ in the lineup. The dude can play
AustonMatthews3443 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
For a while I thought Matthews was deserving of it since TO is a better team but watching the Oilers a lot more than usual this year has reinforced my belief that he carries that team by himself. Draisaitl is the only player who can look good on his own sometimes and even then, I don't think he's half as good as he gets credit for. McDavid puts 2/3rds of his points on his score sheet. The Oilers are McDavid and if they had even marginally good management, (not saying Holland is terrible, he may be but it's too early to say for certain) they would be unstoppable. Chiarelli should never work in hockey again after he torpedoed this team. Hardly any prospects, a sad cap situation and no easy way out could drive McDavid out the door by the time his contract is up.

Agreed but they do hve very good prospects tho... Broberg, Bouchard, Holloway, Lavoie...
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
Isles7

A 30-35 G scorer who's elite defensively would be a top 10 rw in the league
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.

As is saying he's elite at defense. Then again, this is a member of the analytics cult so I shouldn't be surprised
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
A 30-35 G scorer who's elite defensively would be a top 10 rw in the league

He’s not elite defensively lol. This season hes on pace for 22 goals
And 35 points. He’s a solid middle 6 forward playing with McDavid...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit