SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

CHI FANS HELP

Apr. 25, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
With Stillman now signed, what do you do at the expansion draft assuming you can make no deals?
I assume:
Toews, Kane, DeBrincat, Strome, Hagel, Nylander, Borgstrom
Keith, Murphy, Zadorov/Stillman
Lankinen

I feel like they will want to protect Stillman now, so do they expose Zadorov?
Tntpod liked this.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 11:40 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Apr. 25, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
As of last week, I said I don't need to see Stillman in another game this entire year. He hasn't been very good IMO and we have plenty of other D prospects that need NHL ice time. Now Stan's signed him to a 3 year deal. So...What do I know? Stan will likely protect, but I'd leave Stillman exposed.
Marcsnack and Wadejos123 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: exo2769
As of last week, I said I don't need to see Stillman in another game this entire year. He hasn't been very good IMO and we have other plenty of other D prospects that need NHL ice time. Now Stan's signed him to a 3 year deal. So...What do I know? Stan will likely protect, but I'd leave Stillman exposed.

stillman could be expansion bait, and he can be buried at a minimum cap hit. While I think this move is motivated by getting Z out, we could still protect Z to trade him later.
exo2769 and Marcsnack liked this.
Apr. 25, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
CHI NYI
I imagine this means Zadorov will be exposed, however I’m not convinced Seattle would take him. Owed at least $3.2 million on his QO and has arb. rights and there will be much better defensemen available.

Wouldn’t be too upset if he was their pick either though
Apr. 25, 2021 at 4:16 p.m.
I think Zadorov is kind of souring on the organization. They haven't liked his play recently and they see Stillman as a younger Zadorov who is also a better skater. I haven't really been keying in on Stillman to see his play specifically but he has a lot of the similar things that make Zadorov likeable: physicality and defense. I think they will protect Stillman (and I have a feeling Zadorov might get traded before the expansion draft) but it seems hard to just let Zadorov be exposed with not many exposure options available on the blueline. I guess they think Stillman fits better with the organizations timeline and hope he can grow into a left handed Connor Murphy. I hope they dont expect him to grow into a top 4 defenseman, it could happen but its unlikely and they should still use the first round pick to either draft Boqvists partner of the future or trade for his partner of the future.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
The Stillman signing suggests they are not interested in bringing back Zadorov (at least not at the arb cost). I think that might make the Kraken avoid him, too. They may actually take De Hahn who would help them make the minimum salary cap next year, but is on an expiring contract.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 10:51 p.m.
I make Articals.
Quoting: Marcsnack
With Stillman now signed, what do you do at the expansion draft assuming you can make no deals?
I assume:
Toews, Kane, DeBrincat, Strome, Hagel, Nylander, Borgstrom
Keith, Murphy, Zadorov/Stillman
Lankinen

I feel like they will want to protect Stillman now, so do they expose Zadorov?

They might’ve signed Stillman as bait for the Kraken to take since now he’s a 2021-2022 contract.

Just a theory...
Jun. 20, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
Bedard23
I personally think Gaudette should be protected over Nylander

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll