Trades
DAL
  1. Rielly, Morgan
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Rielly was on the bench when the other team scored, it was his fault.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$78,003,075$0$0$3,496,925
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,137,500$2,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
I'd love to see who you think is an adequate replacement?

Oleksiak, Montour, Savaard. Obviously!
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Not Crosby
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
Fair enough. However if you look around the league, there are not a lot of examples of an elite puck moving defensemen who plays an excellent 200' game. There are many examples of being an elite puck moving defenseman and awful in your own end, re: Quinn Hughes, Tyson Barrie, John Carlson. I would say Rielly is an elite puck moving defensemen and average in his own end.

I dont disagree with you about him being an elite puck moving D man, but i wouldn't call him average in his own zone. Sub Par at best. If were talking Elite all around D men, hedman is in a class on his own, followed by Josi, Shea Weber 5-10 years ago, etc.
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:38 p.m.
Not Crosby

David Savard if the leafs can obtain him for the same or less than what Reilly wants. Him and Muzzin could be one of the best shut down pairings in the league. With the emergence of Sandin, i don think rielly is required obviously, and pair Sandin and Brodie. This leaves Holl and Bogosian for the 3rd pair , which Holl is much better suited for and Dermott who i do like, but just isnt what the leafs need right now.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
Not Crosby
Funny how no one seems to remember just how bad the Leafs were last season when Rielly was out hurt. They were just awful. These anti Rielly guys would miss him so much once he was gone but would be too proud to admit just hot off base they were.

Man you probably liked Jake Gardiner too, and thought he was an elite puck moving defenceman...
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:41 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: SidTheKid99
I dont disagree with you about him being an elite puck moving D man, but i wouldn't call him average in his own zone. Sub Par at best. If were talking Elite all around D men, hedman is in a class on his own, followed by Josi, Shea Weber 5-10 years ago, etc.

And if you go back a couple weeks you will see that the few lightning fans on here were calling for his head...
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:43 p.m.

Are you expecting me to whip my crystal ball out of my *** and pick a D that is going to be available in the offseason after next year? Like come on.

The Leafs will protect Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie and Seattle will likely take one of Holl or Dermott this offseason. Next off-season Rielly will walk unless they promote Sandin to PP1 early in the season keeping Rielly's point production from being so inflated or some magic happens and the cap starts to rise again. Sandin and Liljegren will be full-time Leafs at this point and ready for top 4 roles. Muzzin and Brodie will be the other 2 top 4 D. They will have whoever doesnt get taken by Seattle in Holl/Dermott and said "replacement defenseman" that will be Bogo esque signing to fill out that 3rd pair.
Now, are you going to freak out that a 3rd pair guy is "replacing" Rielly?
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:47 p.m.
Not Crosby
Quoting: MapleLeafs97
Are you expecting me to whip my crystal ball out of my *** and pick a D that is going to be available in the offseason after next year? Like come on.

The Leafs will protect Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie and Seattle will likely take one of Holl or Dermott this offseason. Next off-season Rielly will walk unless they promote Sandin to PP1 early in the season keeping Rielly's point production from being so inflated or some magic happens and the cap starts to rise again. Sandin and Liljegren will be full-time Leafs at this point and ready for top 4 roles. Muzzin and Brodie will be the other 2 top 4 D. They will have whoever doesnt get taken by Seattle in Holl/Dermott and said "replacement defenseman" that will be Bogo esque signing to fill out that 3rd pair.

How Dare you suggest that Morgan Rielly will not be a leaf forever, and is not the best puck moving defenceman to ever walk this earth!
MapleLeafs97 liked this.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Man you probably liked Jake Gardiner too, and thought he was an elite puck moving defenceman...

For the record, Gardiner was a far superior puck-mover than Mo. Gardiner could actually see the stretch and seam passes and successfully connected with them leading to breakaways frequently. Mo is a puck-carrying defenseman. Big difference. If he is elite at anything, it is carrying the puck up the ice. He is very far from elite at moving the puck... unless you mean physically.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:56 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
Oleksiak, Montour, Savaard. Obviously!

Two who aren't puck movers and the other who is all together terrible. Likely lol
Apr. 26, 2021 at 4:57 p.m.
Banned
David Savard if the leafs can obtain him for the same or less than what Reilly wants. Him and Muzzin could be one of the best shut down pairings in the league. With the emergence of Sandin, i don think rielly is required obviously, and pair Sandin and Brodie. This leaves Holl and Bogosian for the 3rd pair , which Holl is much better suited for and Dermott who i do like, but just isnt what the leafs need right now.

And I'm the idiot here? Lol Savard is already showing his age and him and Muzzin would be a very slow pairing. But they would hit guys when they could catch them lol. Also Sandin has one game and he's the king
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned

His flaws were just way too big for the benefit he offered. He's half the player Rielly is. Rielly is better offensively and better defensively.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Not Crosby
Two who aren't puck movers and the other who is all together terrible. Likely lol

Man how ****ing tainted is your opinion that you think Morgan Reilly is much better than any of those guys? better at different things, yes, overall, no, not really.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
Not Crosby
And I'm the idiot here? Lol Savard is already showing his age and him and Muzzin would be a very slow pairing. But they would hit guys when they could catch them lol. Also Sandin has one game and he's the king

Savard had no issue shutting down the Leafs top 6 last play in series, who no doubt are much quicker than he is.
MapleLeafs97 liked this.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:02 p.m.
Not Crosby

Morgan Rielly is twice the skater as most forwards who blow his doors off, and make him look like hes standing still. there is so much more to defending than skating, when you can play the angles, and have a Defensive IQ over -10
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
Banned

According to everything you have said so far, you seem to think you have all the answers. Smarter than even Dubas and Keefe. Funny how they means jack when you actually are asked to come up with a real answer.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.
Banned
Morgan Rielly is twice the skater as most forwards who blow his doors off, and make him look like hes standing still. there is so much more to defending than skating, when you can play the angles, and have a Defensive IQ over -10

Are we still talking about that one time McDavid did it once last year when Rielly was playing with a leg injury?
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
According to everything you have said so far, you seem to think you have all the answers. Smarter than even Dubas and Keefe. Funny how they means jack when you actually are asked to come up with a real answer.

Ya I guess predicting the future is where this cat draws the line. Sorry, I’ll try to work on that one so I can embarrass you even more on this site.
Feel free to ask something relevant and I can continue to teach you so you can can go to your friends and have “your own opinion” for the first time in your life. But kudos, you got me with an impossible question. Well done
Apr. 26, 2021 at 5:40 p.m.
Banned
Ya I guess predicting the future is where this cat draws the line. Sorry, I’ll try to work on that one so I can embarrass you even more on this site.
Feel free to ask something relevant and I can continue to teach you so you can can go to your friends and have “your own opinion” for the first time in your life. But kudos, you got me with an impossible question. Well done

An impossible question? Hilarious. You are so smart you have all the answers but it's too hard to look at up coming UFA's and list who you think is an adequate replacement for Rielly. How embarrassing for me, the egg on my face after thinking the guy who is teaching me so much is capable of something as simple as looking at upcoming UFA's on this site of all places. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself though, this same really smart guy (you in case my sarcasm is just beyond your understanding) thinks fanning on a shot is a legitimate reason to lose ones spot on a PP.
Apr. 26, 2021 at 7:26 p.m.
Well there is a complete idiot in this conversation saying Rielly is terrible and it would be easy to find an adequate replacement. That same complete idiot refuses to back up his really smart statement with any effort which unbeknownst to him only serves to reinforce just how much of an idiot that idiot is. I wonder how my times you'll read that until you clue into who the idiot is.

So you can’t read my comments but you can read a dictionary? Lol
Spend some time looking at my comments, understand what they mean and less time in the dictionary looking for sophisticated words that are beyond your argument skills. It’s a bad look. I know your hockey knowledge isn’t adequate so you are trying to look smart elsewhere, but this isn’t the place.

The entire point of all of this is that Rielly is not a #1 defenseman, the leafs have no cap, it is a flat cap environment, leafs don’t need to sign him with two great prospects in the queue and 2 other top 4 defensemen locked up long term. The entire point is that he is not worth the amount of money he is going to command based on his point totals. The leafs need to use that money elsewhere.
Morgan Rielly is not terrible. I have commended him several times, you just can’t read or process what you are reading. And as they are replacing from within, yes filling in the third pair will be easy.
I would ask you if I need to spell this out for you one more time, but this is about the 50th time and you still don’t understand - so I am going to go out on a limb and assume you will try to call me an idiot again, say Rielly is elite at some skill you don’t even understand and then ask why a coach would bench someone for a whiffed shot after this. And to that I reply, go back to the start of the paragraph and read it over again. And honestly, you will have a stupid reply about me not being Keefe when you’ve read it again.
This has all been super satisfying to walk all over you in these arguments, but I’m getting tired of the broken record and just overall lack of hockey knowledge. If you care to bring anything hockey related to the table and not just something about me, feel free, I’ll be happy to banter with you.. but until you can think of something - which I know you can’t, just keep it to yourself or like I said, read through my comments. Your answer will be there
Apr. 26, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.
Wait, are you saying unbeknownst is a super sophisticated word? I suggest perhaps reading books and paying attention in school would he a wise plan for you young guy. If that was a stumper for you, you are really behind.

Nope, not super sophisticated, nice try. Just the regular one. I know that this is your only come back after the dictionary call out, so it had to be done. Bold move to stick with the “real world smarts” over the hockey knowledge again. But like I said, I’m not surprised with how clueless you are when it comes to the game.
Next time after you butcher grammar for 20+ comments. Stick to the little words, it matches better with the little brain.
Enough time to think of anything hockey related yet or do you need a few more comments worth of weak insults to get that little brain rolling? Figured by now you’d tell me Willy is up for the Selke and Mikheyev is a puck-moving forward
Apr. 26, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
You are hilariously unequipped to have a grown up conversation. Just a little kid who plays a lot of Chel and reads hockey blogs and is now smarter than anyone else. Go to bed.

Wait, was it me asking to talk hockey and cut back on the meaningless insults, or was it me knowing more about hockey that led you to that conclusion? Lucky for you I'm not a kid because that would have been an even worse look for you? I like the full circle back to chel though, that must be one of your good lines?
Apr. 27, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.
Won't matter you are likely to get banned for posting homophobic remarks. Maybe grow as a human. It'll help you, you know so people don't look at you like you're a caveman

Mind quoting the homophobic remarks? I don't see them. (Not that there isn't other stuff thats gonna get a few people infractions)
Apr. 27, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
Mind quoting the homophobic remarks? I don't see them. (Not that there isn't other stuff thats gonna get a few people infractions)

I can't
May 18, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
I Cant Play Defence
An impossible question? Hilarious. You are so smart you have all the answers but it's too hard to look at up coming UFA's and list who you think is an adequate replacement for Rielly. How embarrassing for me, the egg on my face after thinking the guy who is teaching me so much is capable of something as simple as looking at upcoming UFA's on this site of all places. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself though, this same really smart guy (you in case my sarcasm is just beyond your understanding) thinks fanning on a shot is a legitimate reason to lose ones spot on a PP.

@pleasebanmeformyowngood where you at with some more awful Morgan Rielly takes now that it is between him and Dermott for the 6th D position
May 27, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: IAmMorganRielly44
@pleasebanmeformyowngood where you at with some more awful Morgan Rielly takes now that it is between him and Dermott for the 6th D position

How about this take, Rielly hasn't been on the ice for a goal against yet. How's your hero Sandin doing?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll