ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$60,346,925$0$4,482,500$21,153,075
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 7
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $3,600,000$3,600,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LW
    RFA
    $749,250$749,250
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 7
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $4,025,175$4,025,175
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $768,333$768,333 ($0$0$0$0)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    G
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:11 p.m.
    Unless the "balance" is an unprotected 1st round pick this year going to LA, the Kings aren't interested. They don't need another RHD prospect.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
    exo2769
    Now I'm curious what you think "balance with picks" means? LAK aren't giving up on Turcotte unless it's a MASSIVE overpay.
    TheBoyDuddus liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:13 p.m.
    Turcotte for Brannstrom would be interesting but I'm not a fan of signing up for 4 years of Pettersson blocking the left side. Realistically he could be passed by Mete and/or Sanderson by the second year of that contract. Then you'd be stuck with a 4 million dollar anchor of a contract on the 3rd pair. He's Pittsburgh's 6th defenceman so I don't even think I'd be interested in swapping White out for him unless they added and I'm not sure they'd be willing to do that.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:15 p.m.
    I'm not sure Turcotte would be available, but that's the kind of Brannstrom deal I can get behind. I think Turcotte can be a C who is a real cut above Norris. I don't think Turcotte or Guenther play next year. No way do you have guys like that on the 4th line.

Also Ottawa is for sure protecting Daddy.
    TheBoyDuddus liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
    Quoting: tkecanuck341
    Unless the "balance" is an unprotected 1st round pick this year going to LA, the Kings aren't interested. They don't need another RHD prospect.

Brannstrom is a left shot D and plays the left side. Never played a shift on the right side in the NHL.

That aside, no ones giving you a top 5 pick for Turcotte let alone that and Brannstrom lol
    gavinray, Book_Hockey and athrin liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
    gavinray

Quoting: exo2769
    Now I'm curious what you think "balance with picks" means? LAK aren't giving up on Turcotte unless it's a MASSIVE overpay.

LA has a lot of C prospects and Ottawa has Sanderson coming up on the left side. Brannstrom is left handed and can play LD/RD. In their D+2 seasons in the AHL Brannstrom had 0.68 points per game (as a defenceman) while Turcotte has 0.56 points per game. Brannstrom has only progressed every season. Turcotte has draft prestige but the value is similar imo I think its a fair trade with no picks needed tbh
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:27 p.m.
    Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
    Brannstrom is a left shot D and plays the left side. Never played a shift on the right side in the NHL.

That aside, no ones giving you a top 5 pick for Turcotte let alone that and Brannstrom lol

Right, because why would anyone give up a top 5 pick for a guy drafted at #5 overall and is now 2 years closer to being in the NHL?

Counteroffer: Kupari for Sanderson
    exo2769 and Saskleaf liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:31 p.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: gavinray
    LA has a lot of C prospects and Ottawa has Sanderson coming up on the left side. Brannstrom is left handed and can play LD/RD. In their D+2 seasons in the AHL Brannstrom had 0.68 points per game (as a defenceman) while Turcotte has 0.56 points per game. Brannstrom has only progressed every season. Turcotte has draft prestige but the value is similar imo I think its a fair trade with no picks needed tbh

I don't doubt that a bias Sens fan thinks this is fair.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
    Go leafs go

I agree Turcotte>Branstromm, but Branstromm is a left d. Which the kings need.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
    Quoting: Saskleaf

LA is looking for a proven top pairing guy like Werenski, not kid that hasn't been able to crack a full-time spot on an NHL roster, regardless of which way he shoots.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
    gavinray
    Right, because why would anyone give up a top 5 pick for a guy drafted at #5 overall and is now 2 years closer to being in the NHL?

Counteroffer: Kupari for Sanderson

I don't doubt that a bias Sens fan thinks this is fair.

Completely ignoring Brannstrom's progress and how he actually outproduced Turcotte at the same age and his pNHLe (projected point production) was higher at the same age and also in the present.
    I suggested this trade based on team needs. LA has plenty of C prospects but no high end LD. Ottawa has plenty of LD prospects but no high end C.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:39 p.m.
    gavinray

But why though? Just because of draft prestige?

LA is looking for a proven top pairing guy like Werenski, not kid that hasn't been able to crack a full-time spot on an NHL roster, regardless of which way he shoots.

How many 21 year old defencemen can crack full time spots on NHL rosters. Esp a 5'9 defenceman. He dominated the AHL this season and has produced well in the NHL.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
    Completely ignoring Brannstrom's progress and how he actually outproduced Turcotte at the same age and his pNHLe (projected point production) was higher at the same age and also in the present.
    I suggested this trade based on team needs. LA has plenty of C prospects but no high end LD. Ottawa has plenty of LD prospects but no high end C.

Turcotte was injured for most of last season at Wisconsin and for much of this season, so his progress was derailed. Ontario is also perhaps the worst team in the AHL this season, but they have turned it around over the past 10 games or so and all are playing better.

Turcotte is projected to be a quality two-way 2C who will average 50p or so per season. He's not projected to break any point totals. I don't really care how his point totals compare to an offensive defenseman, that's not his game. LA has Byfield to be the 1C of the future. They need a guy like Turcotte to play at 2C.

LA has a ton of other assets they can trade to return a defensive prospect. Someone like Vilardi or Turcotte could be made available for a true top pairing guy, but if a guy like Brannstrom is what's coming back, they'll consider moving a guy like Madden, Kupari, or Thomas instead. They're not going to give up a blue-chip prospect.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:47 p.m.

How many 21 year old defencemen can crack full time spots on NHL rosters. Esp a 5'9 defenceman. He dominated the AHL this season and has produced well in the NHL.

You already have two better examples on the Kings. Tobias Bjornfot and Mikey Anderson both say hi. The former is now a full-time defenseman on the Kings at age 19, while the latter is leading all NHL rookies in ice time and playing 1st line minutes with Doughty at age 21. The last thing the Kings want is a 3rd rookie on their left side.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:49 p.m.
    exo2769

When did Brannstrom play college hockey or develop play for the US National Team? When did Turcotte go to the Swedish or Swiss leagues? It's hard to find more different paths to the NHL than these two players. To say "projected" anything is nonsense. What I understand...is that you WANT Turcotte and that you genuinely think (truly and honestly think) that Brannstrom is equal to Turcotte. As someone who is not a fan of either team AND really does like both Brannstrom and Turcotte...they're not equal. AND the kings actually have decent Dmen prospects as well as young cost controlled RD.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
    gavinray
    Turcotte was injured for most of last season at Wisconsin and for much of this season, so his progress was derailed. Ontario is also perhaps the worst team in the AHL this season, but they have turned it around over the past 10 games or so and all are playing better.

Turcotte is projected to be a quality two-way 2C who will average 50p or so per season. He's not projected to break any point totals. I don't really care how his point totals compare to an offensive defenseman, that's not his game. LA has Byfield to be the 1C of the future. They need a guy like Turcotte to play at 2C.

LA has a ton of other assets they can trade to return a defensive prospect. Someone like Vilardi or Turcotte could be made available for a true top pairing guy, but if a guy like Brannstrom is what's coming back, they'll consider moving a guy like Madden, Kupari, or Thomas instead. They're not going to give up a blue-chip prospect.

He only missed 5 games. Are you saying he was playing through an injury? He's 6th on the team in scoring and has 3 goals, I'm not sure how that can be contributed to the team being bad.

I assumed he had a higher ceiling than that. We don't really need two-way centers. We already have Norris who is elite defensively and a 1C at 21 years old. We also have Shane Pinto who, at the same age as Turcotte, just won NCHC forward of the year, defensive player of the year, top 3 in Hobey Baker voting. We need more offensively dynamic guys, does Turcotte fit that more?

You're undervaluing Erik Brannstrom and I'm not sure why. He has way more value than Madden, Kupari, or Thomas and is way outproducing them all while at the same age and as a defenceman.
    Saskleaf, athrin and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
    He only missed 5 games. Are you saying he was playing through an injury? He's 6th on the team in scoring and has 3 goals, I'm not sure how that can be contributed to the team being bad.

I assumed he had a higher ceiling than that. We don't really need two-way centers. We already have Norris who is elite defensively and a 1C at 21 years old. We also have Shane Pinto who, at the same age as Turcotte, just won NCHC forward of the year, defensive player of the year, top 3 in Hobey Baker voting. We need more offensively dynamic guys, does Turcotte fit that more?

You're undervaluing Erik Brannstrom and I'm not sure why. He has way more value than Madden, Kupari, or Thomas and is way outproducing them all while at the same age and as a defenceman.

I'm not undervaluing anyone. I'm saying what the Kings would be willing to give up to bring in a guy like Brannstrom. I'm not saying it would be a good deal for Ottawa or that they should accept. They probably shouldn't. However, I'm also saying that LA isn't going to give up Turcotte if Brannstrom is the main piece coming back.

No, Turcotte is a two-way guy. He's never going to lead the league in scoring. If you want an offensively gifted center that is potentially going to lead the league in points, then Vilardi's who you want. However, they're not going to give him up for Brannstrom either. Turcotte's compete is off the chart. The kid gives 110% every shift he's on the ice. He has elite speed and defensive smarts to go with a dynamic (but not spectacular) offensive game. His full value to any team he plays for isn't going to show up on the scoresheet.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
    Go leafs go

Partly that, also age. Branstromm is 21 years old, which is not bad, but it's a little concerning he hasn't been able to make the jump to the nhl full time.
    Turcotte for Sanderson would be more realistic because the age lines up better.
    Turcotte has been probably better than Branstromm was at 19.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
    gavinray
    You already have two better examples on the Kings. Tobias Bjornfot and Mikey Anderson both say hi. The former is now a full-time defenseman on the Kings at age 19, while the latter is leading all NHL rookies in ice time and playing 1st line minutes with Doughty at age 21. The last thing the Kings want is a 3rd rookie on their left side.

Bjornfot looks solid. Andersen has produced less in the AHL than Brann has in the NHL. Do you see him being a top 4 guy when you guys are competing? Brann would be your best D prospect.

When did Brannstrom play college hockey or develop play for the US National Team? When did Turcotte go to the Swedish or Swiss leagues? It's hard to find more different paths to the NHL than these two players. To say "projected" anything is nonsense. What I understand...is that you WANT Turcotte and that you genuinely think (truly and honestly think) that Brannstrom is equal to Turcotte. As someone who is not a fan of either team AND really does like both Brannstrom and Turcotte...they're not equal. AND the kings actually have decent Dmen prospects as well as young cost controlled RD.

The point of pNHLe is to be able to project NHL projection from a single season in the main leagues. It's not perfect when comparing different leagues but still a nice tool. Also they both played in the AHL at the same age when Brann outproduced him. Thats what I was refering too.

I think after learning Turcotte is more of a two-way guy than an offensive one I don't really want to trade for him cuz he doesn't fill a need. I do think they have similar value. Agree to disagree.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:10 p.m.
    Go leafs go

Those type of players don't come cheap, just saying...

And I don't mean to be a butt, but Branstromm shoots right, he just plays on the left.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
    gavinray
    I'm not undervaluing anyone. I'm saying what the Kings would be willing to give up to bring in a guy like Brannstrom. I'm not saying it would be a good deal for Ottawa or that they should accept. They probably shouldn't. However, I'm also saying that LA isn't going to give up Turcotte if Brannstrom is the main piece coming back.

No, Turcotte is a two-way guy. He's never going to lead the league in scoring. If you want an offensively gifted center that is potentially going to lead the league in points, then Vilardi's who you want. However, they're not going to give him up for Brannstrom either. Turcotte's compete is off the chart. The kid gives 110% every shift he's on the ice. He has elite speed and defensive smarts to go with a dynamic (but not spectacular) offensive game. His full value to any team he plays for isn't going to show up on the scoresheet.

That's fair if LA declines based on needs but I am just arguing that the value is similar between the two.
    Vilardi looks good but Brann outproduced him last season and theyre pretty even right now, so I would decline as Ottawa.

Partly that, also age. Branstromm is 21 years old, which is not bad, but it's a little concerning he hasn't been able to make the jump to the nhl full time.
    Turcotte for Sanderson would be more realistic because the age lines up better.
    Turcotte has been probably better than Branstromm was at 19.

He's a 5'9 defenceman who was one of the youngest in his draft class, it will take him time to mature physicaly yet he only played 4 games in the AHL this season and 22 in the NHL.
    Sanderson likely has more value at this point based on Turcotte's production after his draft but it could maybe be a decent trade based on how the two progress.

Brannstron was better at 19. He captained Sweden at the WJC-U20, leading his team in goals, and was named to the All star team (top 3 F, top 2 D). Turcotte did well at the WJC as well but not as good. In the AHL Brannstrom had 0.68 points per game (as a defenceman) while Turcotte had 0.56 points per game.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
    gavinray

And I don't mean to be a butt, but Branstromm shoots right, he just plays on the left.

He shoots left but can play both sides of the ice.
    Saskleaf and TheBoyDuddus liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
    Bjornfot looks solid. Andersen has produced less in the AHL than Brann has in the NHL. Do you see him being a top 4 guy when you guys are competing? Brann would be your best D prospect.

The point of pNHLe is to be able to project NHL projection from a single season in the main leagues. It's not perfect when comparing different leagues but still a nice tool. Also they both played in the AHL at the same age when Brann outproduced him. Thats what I was refering too.

I think after learning Turcotte is more of a two-way guy than an offensive one I don't really want to trade for him cuz he doesn't fill a need. I do think they have similar value. Agree to disagree.

I understand pNHLe. I also don't especially care about points potential for defensemen. If I did then Kale Clague (who outscored Brannstrom in the AHL) would be considered the best Kings prospect and not the #5/#6 guy that he actually is. Anderson has gotten Calder votes in the weekly polls this season. Yes, I think he's a #2/#3 guy. Next to Doughty, he has been the most reliable defenseman on the team, and is one of the main reasons why the Kings PK is one of the best in the league.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:25 p.m.

I agree they don't come cheap. Luckily, the Kings have built up a solid stable of prospects from which they can make a deal. Guys like Turcotte and Vilardi, as well as 1st round picks would be on the table to acquire a player like that.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Apr. 26, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
    gavinray
    I understand pNHLe. I also don't especially care about points potential for defensemen. If I did then Kale Clague (who outscored Brannstrom in the AHL) would be considered the best Kings prospect and not the #5/#6 guy that he actually is. Anderson has gotten Calder votes in the weekly polls this season. Yes, I think he's a #2/#3 guy. Next to Doughty, he has been the most reliable defenseman on the team, and is one of the main reasons why the Kings PK is one of the best in the league.

That's just not true lol Brann has outproduced him in every season. Clague is a year older and Brannstrom is outproducing him in the NHL right now. Brann had a 0.64 points per game in the AHL as a 19 year old (and 1.25 ppg this year) while Clague hasn't reached higher than 0.55 points per game in any of his seasons.

I've never heard of Anderson and couldnt find anything about him and calder votes but I'm glad you guys have a guy like that, definitely someone Ottawa could use.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll