RW, LW, C
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 6
Taxi Squad
$5,500,000$5,500,000 ($4,425,000$4M$4,425,000$4M)
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000 ($625,000$625K$625,000$625K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
Ranger fan here... the combo of lou 'the don of newark' and trotz is phenomenal. Although it gets boring at times, you're guaranteed to be one of the better if not the best defensive team in the league. With that being said you're also compromising an INSANE amount of offensive talent; if Trotz could find that sweet spot it would be scary to see how good they could be. My two cents..
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:24 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: broadwayblue_89
Ranger fan here... the combo of lou 'the don of newark' and trotz is phenomenal. Although it gets boring at times, you're guaranteed to be one of the better if not the best defensive team in the league. With that being said you're also compromising an INSANE amount of offensive talent; if Trotz could find that sweet spot it would be scary to see how good they could be. My two cents..

I think if trotz hired a more progressive hockey mind to make the lineups the isles would be in 1st right now. Now they might miss the playoffs because he needs to have a 4th liner on the first line with barzal
Isles10 and broadwayblue_89 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.
Quoting: Isles777
I think if trotz hired a more progressive hockey mind to make the lineups the isles would be in 1st right now. Now they might miss the playoffs because he needs to have a 4th liner on the first line with barzal

Could say the same about DQ, and he's a 'fresh' hockey mind in a sense (has only been coaching in the bigs for three seasons now). That is a great point though, I had an interesting conversation the other day about how these 'elite coaches' (tippet.. babcock.. vigneault.. you get the idea) are just constantly recycled through the league.

Just as a hometown example.. check what Knoblach accomplished for the Rangers while Quinn was out; literally exposed his inability to make in game changes or even significant roster changes to help development. You could go as far as to say Kris started this run that got the Rangers in a position to get there.

I think the isles will be fine. If anything; Rangers slip back to young inconsistent hockey and the B's just squeak in. End of the day the Isles are playing playoff style hockey, regardless of what they're putting in the net at the moment. Goals will come, can't have defense like that just pop up.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.

It’s so ridicolous. Zajac/Komarov/Dal Colle is playing regularly top-6 minutes... Coburn - Greene, the worst D-pair in the entire league? Sitting Dobson/Wahlstrom/Bellows/Hickey for these players. wtf is going on? Lou said that he and Barry had talked a lot about what the Islanders needed come deadline, surely Lou must have thought that Palmieri would replace Lee!? I’m not getting it. How the *uck can you be as stubborn as Trotz? This team is not carried by him any longer, we have enough talent to be good under another coach with a more balanced system. So tired of both Lou and Trotz. Thank you for all you’ve done, goodbye.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Isles7
Could say the same about DQ, and he's a 'fresh' hockey mind in a sense (has only been coaching in the bigs for three seasons now). That is a great point though, I had an interesting conversation the other day about how these 'elite coaches' (tippet.. babcock.. vigneault.. you get the idea) are just constantly recycled through the league.

Just as a hometown example.. check what Knoblach accomplished for the Rangers while Quinn was out; literally exposed his inability to make in game changes or even significant roster changes to help development. You could go as far as to say Kris started this run that got the Rangers in a position to get there.

I think the isles will be fine. If anything; Rangers slip back to young inconsistent hockey and the B's just squeak in. End of the day the Isles are playing playoff style hockey, regardless of what they're putting in the net at the moment. Goals will come, can't have defense like that just pop up.

That's a fair point , but I think Quinn is a terrible coach lol. I wish more coaches took after a guy like John Cooper. Always puts his players in a position to succeed and when a young player gets called up from the AHL, he tries to find ways to increase their confidence.

I agree regarding knoblach , he had a good feel for the game and its a big reason why they dominated in that 1st game.

The thing with the isles is they have the personnel to make a deep run, but having komarov and Travis Zajac on the 1st line isn't going to cut it. These insane lineup decisions are holding back barzal and the team.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Isles10
It’s so ridicolous. Zajac/Komarov/Dal Colle is playing regularly top-6 minutes... Coburn - Greene, the worst D-pair in the entire league? Sitting Dobson/Wahlstrom/Bellows/Hickey for these players. wtf is going on? Lou said that he and Barry had talked a lot about what the Islanders needed come deadline, surely Lou must have thought that Palmieri would replace Lee!? I’m not getting it. How the *uck can you be as stubborn as Trotz? This team is not carried by him any longer, we have enough talent to be good under another coach with a more balanced system. So tired of both Lou and Trotz. Thank you for all you’ve done, goodbye.

Coburn- Greene + Zajac-nelson-palmieri were the two worst line combinations by expected goals % ALL SEASON. Not one other line combination performed worse than those two.

I know outsiders think that Trotz is some god, but he really is killing the team right now. I respect what hes brought to the team since he arrived in 2018 - but now it feels like Trotz is intentionally trying to lose games. It's embarrassing. He calls out wahlstrom meanwhile zajac had one of the worst defensive impacts among isles forwards this season...Remember that lazy play that led to mantha's breakaway ? if wahlstrom would have pulled that sh*t he would have been sent to Bridgeport.

And speaking of Wahlstrom , now all of a sudden fans parrot trotz and act like its fine if wahlstrom is the odd man out moving forward. Despite not producing as of late, Wahlstrom is 100% a top 5 forward on this team and scratching him if hes healthy is criminal.
broadwayblue_89 and Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
That's a fair point , but I think Quinn is a terrible coach lol. I wish more coaches took after a guy like John Cooper. Always puts his players in a position to succeed and when a young player gets called up from the AHL, he tries to find ways to increase their confidence.

I agree regarding knoblach , he had a good feel for the game and its a big reason why they dominated in that 1st game.

The thing with the isles is they have the personnel to make a deep run, but having komarov and Travis Zajac on the 1st line isn't going to cut it. These insane lineup decisions are holding back barzal and the team.

don't even get me started on DQ. lol

nelson - barzal - wahlstrom
beau - JGP - eberle
bailey - zajac - palmieri
martin - cizikas - clutterbuck

that's how i'd look at it for tonight.. swap leo for cal if you do anything; wahlstroms confidence would be through the roof if he were playing with those two.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.

beau - JGP - eberle

that's how i'd look at it for tonight.. swap leo for cal if you do anything; wahlstroms confidence would be through the roof if he were playing with those two.

(also not all rangers fans are dbags grin)
Isles777 and Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:57 p.m.
Isles7

Also why is the media so afraid to question trotz:

"Hey Barry , Noah Dobson played a role in both powerplay goals last game and had a primary assist on the 2nd one. Why is he coming out for Brayden Coburn? "
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Isles7

beau - JGP - eberle

these are definitely much better than Trotz's lines, but I want zajac out of the lineup. He is brutal. I'd go with :

palmier-barzal-eberle
beau-nelson-bailey
dal colle-pageau-wahlstrom
Isles10 and broadwayblue_89 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 3:16 p.m.
GUYS... I just had an idea... we cancel the actual game tonight and put a ring, center ice at MSG. Trotz/Lou vs. DQ/Davidson in a tag team on ice Manhattan Mega Bowl. Rangers take on Ladd's contract if they lose, Isles take on Tony D if they lose. Deal? Deal
Isles777 and Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
Edited Apr. 29, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Coburn- Greene + Zajac-nelson-palmieri were the two worst line combinations by expected goals % ALL SEASON. Not one other line combination performed worse than those two.

I know outsiders think that Trotz is some god, but he really is killing the team right now. I respect what hes brought to the team since he arrived in 2018 - but now it feels like Trotz is intentionally trying to lose games. It's embarrassing. He calls out wahlstrom meanwhile zajac had one of the worst defensive impacts among isles forwards this season...Remember that lazy play that led to mantha's breakaway ? if wahlstrom would have pulled that sh*t he would have been sent to Bridgeport.

And speaking of Wahlstrom, now all of a sudden fans parrot trotz and act like its fine if wahlstrom is the odd man out moving forward. Despite not producing as of late, Wahlstrom is 100% a top 5 forward on this team and scratching him if hes healthy is criminal.

Yeah, dont even know where to start really, im just sooo frustrated with a hundred things at the moment. When we are playing great, its all because of Barry and solely him. When we loose its all on the players from Trotz own perspective and the hockey world. When Barzal isnt producing with Komarov/Zajac on his LW he is totally of his game according to a large group of the fanbase. "We need more toughness, WSH won every battle", according to a large group of the fanbase that believes Trotz is Messias, not more skill, no because the scoring is super fine and the high danger chances created.. Ugh.

That countability crap from Trotz is bull****, as you said, the veterans havent been held responsible one single time since he got here, but if Whally isnt scoring every single game he is scratched the next game. If Dobson isnt Pulock x2 with the anchor Greene, he is scratched for... Braydon Coburn. When we won 8-4 Barry must have lost it completely and forced the players to swear that they never ever would play a game based on their skill level again. Especially Barzy havent been the same after really, makes you think.

When Trotz was asked about the "first line" the other day, he went sour and sarcastically responded "I dont know what youre talking about, what first line?" Haha, I seriously believe he values the impact of a player like Martin as highly as Barzal. "Fantasy hockey" he calls the analytical side of the game... If you put your best players with each other and in spots to succeed, they will automatically create and produce more offensive zonetime then defensive, simple as that because their hockey IQ, will lead to a sustained pressure in the opponents end. Its like Trotz expects Barzals line to be outplayed and pushed back in their own end every shift, hence why a "reliable" defensive minded forward has to play on that line.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
Isles7
Yeah, dont even know where to start really, im just sooo frustrated with a hundred things at the moment. When we are playing great, its all because of Barry and solely him with the exceptions of one player - Barzal of course. When we loose its all on the players from Trotz own perspective and the hockey world. When Barzal isnt producing with Komarov/Zajac on his LW he is totally of his game according to a large group of the fanbase. "We need more toughness, WSH won every battle", according to a large group of the fanbase that believes Trotz is Messias, not more skill, no because the scoring is super fine and the high danger chances created.. Ugh.

That countability crap from Trotz is bull****, as you said, the veterans havent been held responsible one single time since he got here, but if Whally isnt scoring every single game he is scratched the next game. If Dobson isnt Pulock x2 with the anchor Greene, he is scratched for... Braydon Coburn. When we won 8-4 Barry must have lost it completely and forced the players to swear that they never ever would play a game based on their skill level again. Especially Barzy havent been the same after really, makes you think.

When Trotz was asked about the "first line" the other day, he went sour and sarcastically responded "I dont know what youre talking about, what first line?" Haha, I seriously believe he values the impact of a player like Martin as highly as Barzal. "Fantasy hockey" he calls the analytical side of the game... If you put your best players witch each other and in spots to succeed, they will automatically create and produce more offensive zonetime then defensive, simple as that because their hockey IQ, will lead to a sustained pressure in the opponents end. Its like Trotz expects Barzals line to be outplayed and pushed back in their own end every shift, hence why a "reliable" defensive minded forward has to play on that line.

Yeah you articulated my thoughts pretty well. It drives me insane when fans sh*t on barzal - do they realize that there's not one star center in the NHL is treated worse than barzal. Trotz literally told him to play wing ( a position he hasn't played in over 3 years) just so a 4th liner can be comfortable at center! You can't make this up. The reason for their success earlier in the season is due to these players in order:
1. Barzal
2. Pulock/pelech pairing (#1 pairing in the NHL)
3. Goaltending
4. The Kids (wahlstrom, dobson, bellows)

Trotz hates it when reporters ask him a question about barzal or any young players skill. When wahlstrom was lighting it up for a month straight and reporters brought it up he would respond and say something like "well you know we have guys on the taxi squad who work extremely hard and can jump in any time - guys like johnston , Leo, " ...He hates giving credit to the players that drive this teams success.

Do fans not realize that the reason we were an elite defensive team earlier in the year is because of the sustained pressure in the offensive zone...Spending a majority of time in the offensive zone leads to a greater defensive impact - we were winning the high danger battle and a top 5 expected goal % team. Now Trotz decided he's going to put the lines in a blender because he cares more about "his way" than winning.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:04 p.m.
Isles7
Yeah, dont even know where to start really, im just sooo frustrated with a hundred things at the moment. When we are playing great, its all because of Barry and solely him. When we loose its all on the players from Trotz own perspective and the hockey world. When Barzal isnt producing with Komarov/Zajac on his LW he is totally of his game according to a large group of the fanbase. "We need more toughness, WSH won every battle", according to a large group of the fanbase that believes Trotz is Messias, not more skill, no because the scoring is super fine and the high danger chances created.. Ugh.

When Trotz was asked about the "first line" the other day, he went sour and sarcastically responded "I dont know what youre talking about, what first line?" Haha, I seriously believe he values the impact of a player like Martin as highly as Barzal. "Fantasy hockey" he calls the analytical side of the game... If you put your best players with each other and in spots to succeed, they will automatically create and produce more offensive zonetime then defensive, simple as that because their hockey IQ, will lead to a sustained pressure in the opponents end. Its like Trotz expects Barzals line to be outplayed and pushed back in their own end every shift, hence why a "reliable" defensive minded forward has to play on that line.

the thing that drives me nuts with wahlstrom is that this is a completely different situation the Dobson situation last season and Bellows this year. Wahlstrom is already one of the best players on this team and a big reason why theyre in a playoff spot. He's earned the right to be a regular.

He's top 5 among isles forwards in:
1. Wins above replacement
2. Goals above replacement
3. Standing points above replacement

Leads the team in the shots per 60, goals per 60, and is 3rd on the team in points per 60 only behind barzal and eberle.

Now lets look how he compares to other isles forwards defensively and puck management

exected goals against per 60
wahlstrom: 1.94 XGA/60
Bailey: 2.03 XGA/60
Nelson: 2.16 XGA/60
Pageau: 2.24 XGA/60
ZAJAC: 2.42 XGA/60

So he has great defensive metrics relative to his teammates. Now lets do giveaways per 60:

Wahlstrom: .94
Zajac: 1.35
Nelson: 1.72
Bailey: 2.53 (leads team)

Yet trotz talks about him likes he a spare part - and reporters like staple and gross have been writing articles supporting trotz narrative. Wahlstrom has a few bad games and they start writing about his struggles as if he didn't carry the team for over a month...but they won't write the struggles of the worst 4th line in hockey or guys like Bailey and Mayfield.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
Yeah you articulated my thoughts pretty well. It drives me insane when fans sh*t on barzal - do they realize that there's not one star center in the NHL is treated worse than barzal. Trotz literally told him to play wing ( a position he hasn't played in over 3 years) just so a 4th liner can be comfortable at center! You can't make this up. The reason for their success earlier in the season is due to these players in order:
1. Barzal
2. Pulock/pelech pairing (#1 pairing in the NHL)
3. Goaltending
4. The Kids (wahlstrom, dobson, bellows)

Trotz hates it when reporters ask him a question about barzal or any young players skill. When wahlstrom was lighting it up for a month straight and reporters brought it up he would respond and say something like "well you know we have guys on the taxi squad who work extremely hard and can jump in any time - guys like johnston , Leo, " ...He hates giving credit to the players that drive this teams success.

Do fans not realize that the reason we were an elite defensive team earlier in the year is because of the sustained pressure in the offensive zone...Spending a majority of time in the offensive zone leads to a greater defensive impact - we were winning the high danger battle and a top 5 expected goal % team. Now Trotz decided he's going to put the lines in a blender because he cares more about "his way" than winning.

Yes exactly, agree with every point you make. This Barzal situation gives me PTSD flashbacks from the dark Tavares era, with the exception that we now actually have good wingers to play with our superstar center, but our supposedly superstar coach simply wont do it. Its so paradoxically.

This is not a fluke, its a pattern we have seen for Trotz version of the Islanders, the system wear down on players late in season, and he cannot cope with changing things up when it clearly not working.
Another thing I have against his "perfect" system is how depended it is on every single part of it to function perfectly. If one important player goes down, it seemingly collapses into chaos and hes rumbling about chemistry in eternity. Lee this year, Pelech last (we got saved by the Covid break clearly). In a good system the system itself will take care of unseen events if youre a good team. Every good team in the league have suffered more injuries throughout the season than us and still manage to cope with it and adjust things by the current state of affairs. Not Trotz. Hes trying to fit a square peg in a round hole like he says himself. Instead of trying to create what Lee does best in every single replacement for him on that spot, atleast TRY to test something different on that line. Laviolette knows that NO one can replace what Ovechkin does, and will not even try to demand that in some other 4th line player with Bäckström/Kuznetsov.. thats the big difference in my opinion of the matter.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
the thing that drives me nuts with wahlstrom is that this is a completely different situation the Dobson situation last season and Bellows this year. Wahlstrom is already one of the best players on this team and a big reason why theyre in a playoff spot. He's earned the right to be a regular.

He's top 5 among isles forwards in:
1. Wins above replacement
2. Goals above replacement
3. Standing points above replacement

Leads the team in the shots per 60, goals per 60, and is 3rd on the team in points per 60 only behind barzal and eberle.

Now lets look how he compares to other isles forwards defensively and puck management

exected goals against per 60
wahlstrom: 1.94 XGA/60
Bailey: 2.03 XGA/60
Nelson: 2.16 XGA/60
Pageau: 2.24 XGA/60
ZAJAC: 2.42 XGA/60

So he has great defensive metrics relative to his teammates. Now lets do giveaways per 60:

Wahlstrom: .94
Zajac: 1.35
Nelson: 1.72
Bailey: 2.53 (leads team)

Yet trotz talks about him likes he a spare part - and reporters like staple and gross have been writing articles supporting trotz narrative. Wahlstrom has a few bad games and they start writing about his struggles as if he didn't carry the team for over a month...but they won't write the struggles of the worst 4th line in hockey or guys like Bailey and Mayfield.

I absolutely hate it. But now youre just putting out some "fantasy hockey numbers" according to a laughing Trotz that will tell you that its not how it is played out in the real world of hockey. So ****ing tired of these reporters and their unhealthy respect for Barry and Lou.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Isles7
Yes exactly, agree with every point you make. This Barzal situation gives me PTSD flashbacks from the dark Tavares era, with the exception that we now actually have good wingers to play with our superstar center, but our supposedly superstar coach simply wont do it. Its so paradoxically.

This is not a fluke, its a pattern we have seen for Trotz version of the Islanders, the system wear down on players late in season, and he cannot cope with changing things up when it clearly not working.
Another thing I have against his "perfect" system is how depended it is on every single part of it to function perfectly. If one important player goes down, it seemingly collapses into chaos and hes rumbling about chemistry in eternity. Lee this year, Pelech last (we got saved by the Covid break clearly). In a good system the system itself will take care of unseen events if youre a good team. Every good team in the league have suffered more injuries throughout the season than us and still manage to cope with it and adjust things by the current state of affairs. Not Trotz. Hes trying to fit a square peg in a round hole like he says himself. Instead of trying to create what Lee does best in every single replacement for him on that spot, atleast TRY to test something different on that line. Laviolette knows that NO one can replace what Ovechkin does, and will not even try to demand that in some other 4th line player with Bäckström/Kuznetsov.. thats the big difference in my opinion of the matter.

barzal+eberle have been a top 10 duo in the league this season and Trotz is doing his best to kill their momentum. Eberle gets a lot of hate because he struggles to finish at time, but he is an extremely powerful play driver who is a master at generating high danger scoring chances.

The system works, it just Trotz is already one of worst coaches in the league when it comes to lineup decisions with a fully healthy roster - losing an important piece just makes matters worse because he ends up giving a much worse player more ice time in a role he can't handle. Trotz is so goddamn stubborn, I hate it. Not gonna lie its kind of hard to root this team right now. If they were actually icing the best lineup with what they have available and still lose, nothing you could do about it - but its infuriating that Trotz continues to play guys who he respects the most, not the players who give the isles the best chance to win.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Isles7
I absolutely hate it. But now youre just putting out some "fantasy hockey numbers" according to a laughing Trotz that will tell you that its not how it is played out in the real world of hockey. So ****ing tired of these reporters and their unhealthy respect for Barry and Lou.

Trotz will argue that guys like Leo/clutter?kuhnhackl (last year) need to be in the lineup for their value on special teams , but the same narrative doesn't apply to wahlstrom who's by far our best PP weapon. Just his presence on the ice opens up space for his teammates.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
barzal+eberle have been a top 10 duo in the league this season and Trotz is doing his best to kill their momentum. Eberle gets a lot of hate because he struggles to finish at time, but he is an extremely powerful play driver who is a master at generating high danger scoring chances.

The system works, it just Trotz is already one of worst coaches in the league when it comes to lineup decisions with a fully healthy roster - losing an important piece just makes matters worse because he ends up giving a much worse player more ice time in a role he can't handle. Trotz is so goddamn stubborn, I hate it. Not gonna lie its kind of hard to root this team right now. If they were actually icing the best lineup with what they have available and still lose, nothing you could do about it - but its infuriating that Trotz continues to play guys who he respects the most, not the players who give the isles the best chance to win.

Yes, thats why I want Eberle to be the playdriving force on a 2nd line away from Barzal, loved his game particularly when he played with Nelson earlier this year. Whats most frustrating is that I dont think for one sec that hes taking into account what the players thinks about the way forward... Guarantee that we at some point soon will see Martin with Barzal 5 on 5.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Edited Apr. 29, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Trotz will argue that guys like Leo/clutter?kuhnhackl (last year) need to be in the lineup for their value on special teams , but the same narrative doesn't apply to wahlstrom who's by far our best PP weapon. Just his presence on the ice opens up space for his teammates.

Haha exactly this. Barry absolutely hates offense, it disgusts him.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 5:52 p.m.
Edited Apr. 29, 2021 at 6:08 p.m.
GUYS... I just had an idea... we cancel the actual game tonight and put a ring, center ice at MSG. Trotz/Lou vs. DQ/Davidson in a tag team on ice Manhattan Mega Bowl. Rangers take on Ladd's contract if they lose, Isles take on Tony D if they lose. Deal? Deal

Haha deal.

I’m so jealous of your team right now btw. (My preference of lineup). Added Lundkvist already because he definitely will be playing regularly next year. Seen some Rags be very high on Tarmo Reunanen, should he play over Zac Jones in your opinion as of right now? Don’t imagine you want Smith, Bitetto or Johnson before any of those two haha.

Lafrenière - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
Gauthier - Howden - Blackwell

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Don’t know if you’re aware of how good Nils Lundkvist is? In my opinion the best D in SHL (I’m from Sweden), absolutely fantastic player. Braden Schneider, Brett Berard, Matthew Robertson, Karl Henriksson, Adam Edström, Hunter Skinner, Dylan Garand and Lauri Pajuniemi are all good prospects too.

Crazy to think DeAngelos offense hasn’t been used this year at all either haha, and you haven’t even missed it with Fox Norris caliber year (he should win it imo at this point).

Btw, why didn’t you guys resign Jesper Fast? For that prize and what he brought to your team, it was really fascinating to me, good versatile player.
Apr. 29, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.
Isles7
Haha exactly this. Barry absolutely hates offense, it disgusts him.

Lol i swear these isles writers love to focus on the negative with wahlstrom, but they’ll praise Andy Greene for a blocked shot while getting burned all game

Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 6:23 p.m.
Edited Apr. 30, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Lol i swear these isles writers love to focus on the negative with wahlstrom, but they’ll praise Andy Greene for a blocked shot while getting burned all game

Arthur Staple today in his article: ”The Islanders need Wahlstrom to be a little more active at five-on-five to make this line a regular all through the game, but he needs to be in the lineup to goose the moribund power play, as he did Thursday”.

Haha... all this while he’s giving Komarov all the love in the world for his ability to not taking penaltys lately. I’m not even kidding with this ****. ”He’s not on the 1st line to score”... he’s earned it by not taking a lot of penalties by Staples standard.

On the 4th line; ”this line is who the Islanders are.” ”You can’t pretend to be something you’re not.” Really? So tired of this ****ing stupid narrative, stop it already please.

Also his defense depth chart for the playoffs:
1. Coburn
2. Bolduc
3. Hickey
4. Hutton
5. Aho

Aho fifth on the list, Hickey third, Coburn first, Bolduc already second... cannot make this **** up. Hickey should play over Greene as it is, Aho should definitely rank higher, then Hutton/Coburn/Bolduc in the next tier.
Isles777 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 6:42 p.m.
Isles7
Arthur Staple today in his article: ”The Islanders need Wahlstrom to be a little more active at five-on-five to make this line a regular all through the game, but he needs to be in the lineup to goose the moribund power play, as he did Thursday”.

Haha... all this while he’s giving Komarov all the love in the world for his ability to not taking penaltys lately. I’m not even kidding with this ****. ”He’s not on the 1st line to score”... he’s earned it by not taking a lot of penalties by Staples standard.

On the 4th line; ”this line is who the Islanders are.” ”You can’t pretend to be something you’re not.” Really? So tired of this ****ing stupid narrative, stop it already please.

Also his defense depth chart for the playoffs:
1. Coburn
2. Bolduc
3. Hickey
4. Hutton
5. Aho

Aho fifth on the list, Hickey third, Coburn first, Bolduc already second... cannot make this **** up. Hickey should play over Greene as it is, Aho should definitely rank higher, then Hutton/Coburn/Bolduc in the next tier.

The funny thing is most of wahlstroms value at even strength comes from his defensive play...lol. So you’d think trotz would love that - a defensive minded forward at even strength whos opportunistic and also scores on the powerplay...Showing “more” at even strength would require wahlstrom to take risks and we know what happens if he takes a risk and turns the puck over...now that he was in the doghouse he’s being conservative because that’s what will keep in the lineup.

Staple is such a hack lol - just writes whatever will appeal to trotz. If staple is writing on recent events, he should write about the failed zajac experiment, but he won’t - and I don’t mean a few sentences in an article, he should dedicate a full article to it

The disrespect to hickey man...I’d take hickey with a minor leg injury over bolduc lol. Bolduc would get killed right now, he needs another year in the AHL. And don’t get me started on coburn.
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 7:01 p.m.
The funny thing is most of wahlstroms value at even strength comes from his defensive play...lol. So you’d think trotz would love that - a defensive minded forward at even strength whos opportunistic and also scores on the powerplay...Showing “more” at even strength would require wahlstrom to take risks and we know what happens if he takes a risk and turns the puck over...now that he was in the doghouse he’s being conservative because that’s what will keep in the lineup.

Staple is such a hack lol - just writes whatever will appeal to trotz. If staple is writing on recent events, he should write about the failed zajac experiment, but he won’t - and I don’t mean a few sentences in an article, he should dedicate a full article to it

The disrespect to hickey man...I’d take hickey with a minor leg injury over bolduc lol. Bolduc would get killed right now, he needs another year in the AHL. And don’t get me started on coburn.

Agree with everything you just wrote man, what is Staple/Gross etc. so afraid of? Burning bridges in terms of inside sources and so on? Because under Lou/Trotz they don’t get it anyways... I mean not one single word about the failed experiment with Zajac and definitely Palmieri too. I don’t imagine Palmieri thought he would be playing in a sheltered 3rd line role on his off wing, because Barry ranks Zajac and Komarov higher. Especially when he and the whole world can see the obvious hole on 1LW. Trotz even talked about consulting with Palmieri about playing his offwing the first day of the trade, I bet he must feel so confused about everything at this point. Not even playing 1pp with Barzal either. I advocated Hall trade all along for many reasons to play with Barzal, but Lou basically decided that Palmieri would be the better two-way forward on the first line, hence he may have felt that Palmieri would be a better fit than Hall with Barzal.

He also mentioned that he would’t be surprised at all is Coburn start regularly come playoffs instead of Dobson, how crazy is it that we even discuss that **** seriously.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll