RW, LW, C
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 6
Taxi Squad
$5,500,000$5,500,000 ($4,425,000$4M$4,425,000$4M)
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000 ($625,000$625K$625,000$625K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 30, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
Edited Apr. 30, 2021 at 7:19 p.m.
Quoting: Isles777
The funny thing is most of wahlstroms value at even strength comes from his defensive play...lol. So you’d think trotz would love that - a defensive minded forward at even strength whos opportunistic and also scores on the powerplay...Showing “more” at even strength would require wahlstrom to take risks and we know what happens if he takes a risk and turns the puck over...now that he was in the doghouse he’s being conservative because that’s what will keep in the lineup.

Staple is such a hack lol - just writes whatever will appeal to trotz. If staple is writing on recent events, he should write about the failed zajac experiment, but he won’t - and I don’t mean a few sentences in an article, he should dedicate a full article to it

The disrespect to hickey man...I’d take hickey with a minor leg injury over bolduc lol. Bolduc would get killed right now, he needs another year in the AHL. And don’t get me started on coburn.

I also like to bring up out of nowhere that I was one of few Isles fans that didn’t like the trade at all, considering Hall was available for basically a cheaper prize. Also was scratching my head a lot over the Zajac addition, if I knew he only would serve as 5th center and playoff insurance, sure - but I instantly understood he would get a legitimate role on the team, next question where? Thought 3C would be fine if Nelson played 1LW and Pageau 2C e.g. But no, Zajac on 1LW, parody. Especially considering how right-heavy the team already was... a small consideration but anyway. Love how Hall suddenly ”chocks” people by not being a 2% shooting 4th line scrub after all btw...

Funny thing; Jeff Marek brought up Zajac to the Isles on 31 Thoughts a week before deadline, both Elliotte and Chris Johnston basically laughed at him and said no, it didn’t make sense + with the knowledge that he didn’t waive his no-trade a year ago for Lou, then he got Pageau... I remember being provoked by Mareks suggestion because it reeked arrogance by not knowing what Isles needs were in terms of strenghts and weaknesses e.g. hate that he got it right haha.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 7:29 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Isles10
Agree with everything you just wrote man, what is Staple/Gross etc. so afraid of? Burning bridges in terms of inside sources and so on? Because under Lou/Trotz they don’t get it anyways... I mean not one single word about the failed experiment with Zajac and definitely Palmieri too. I don’t imagine Palmieri thought he would be playing in a sheltered 3rd line role on his off wing, because Barry ranks Zajac and Komarov higher. Especially when he and the whole world can see the obvious hole on 1LW. Trotz even talked about consulting with Palmieri about playing his offwing the first day of the trade, I bet he must feel so confused about everything at this point. Not even playing 1pp with Barzal either. I advocated Hall trade all along for many reasons to play with Barzal, but Lou basically decided that Palmieri would be the better two-way forward on the first line, hence he may have felt that Palmieri would be a better fit than Hall with Barzal.

He also mentioned that he would’t be surprised at all is Coburn start regularly come playoffs instead of Dobson, how crazy is it that we even discuss that **** seriously.

It is actually insane that palmieri or wahlstrom don’t get any PP time with barzal. Hall is definitely the better player, but right now trotz is just putting palmieri in a position to fail. Earlier in the year I said that bellows wasn’t producing because he wasn’t on a line with a playmaker, so people said if he needs a playmaker to produce he’s not an NHLer lol - but palmieri is the same exact way and he’s made a career out of it. Palmieri uses his high IQ to find soft spots and play off of talented playmakers.

I saw the Dobson quote - basically speculating that Dobson won’t get a long leash - get the f*ck out of here with that BS lol - and he doesn’t bring up Greene’s terrible season or how coburn has been a complete liability over the last 2 games. If Dobson isn’t a regular in the playoffs they deserve to lose. He’s their best puck mover and PP QB
Isles10 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
Isles7
I also like to bring up out of nowhere that I was one of few Isles fans that didn’t like the trade at all, considering Hall was available for basically a cheaper prize. Also was scratching my head a lot over the Zajac addition, if I knew he only would serve as 5th center and playoff insurance, sure - but I instantly understood he would get a legitimate role on the team, next question where? Thought 3C would be fine if Nelson played 1LW and Pageau 2C e.g. But no, Zajac on 1LW, parody. Especially considering how right-heavy the team already was... a small consideration but anyway. Love how Hall suddenly ”chocks” people by not being a 2% shooting 4th line scrub after all btw...

Funny thing; Jeff Marek brought up Zajac to the Isles on 31 Thoughts a week before deadline, both Elliotte and Chris Johnston basically laughed at him and said no, it didn’t make sense + with the knowledge that he didn’t waive his no-trade a year ago for Lou, then he got Pageau... I remember being provoked by Mareks suggestion because it reeked arrogance by not knowing what Isles needs were in terms of strenghts and weaknesses e.g. hate that he got it right haha.

I wanted hall but wasn’t against trading for palmieri because he was due for regression (in a good way). I hated the zajac trade immediately because I anticipated trotz sitting wahlstrom to get him in the lineup..

Lol Yeah I heard thet podcast. I always get triggered when I hear something regarding the isles and some washed up scrub like zajac or palmieri
Isles10 liked this.
May 1, 2021 at 3:17 a.m.
Quoting: Isles777
I wanted hall but wasn’t against trading for palmieri because he was due for regression (in a good way). I hated the zajac trade immediately because I anticipated trotz sitting wahlstrom to get him in the lineup..

Lol Yeah I heard thet podcast. I always get triggered when I hear something regarding the isles and some washed up scrub like zajac or palmieri

I definitely thought that Palmieri wood atleast be a good addition on the first line, finally a goalscorer to play with Barzal.. joke on me for thinking such a delusional thought.

I’m so worried about the summer btw. Staple has mentioned a couple of times that it would’t surprise him if we see Beauvillier get traded in a similar deal like the Toews one. Puke in my mouth by even thinking about it. That Greene bonus is another thing that will kill us in the summer, so ****ing stupid. Probably trades Beau for a 2nd rounder and resign Zajac and Cizikas for more money. Cannot move on from the fact that Leddy make 5.5 and Toews 4.4 for 4 (!) years. We getting older this summer, that’s my feeling. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lou pays 2 2nd rounders to Seattle for not picking Leddy haha, embrace yourselves.
May 1, 2021 at 8:31 a.m.
Isles7
I definitely thought that Palmieri wood atleast be a good addition on the first line, finally a goalscorer to play with Barzal.. joke on me for thinking such a delusional thought.

I’m so worried about the summer btw. Staple has mentioned a couple of times that it would’t surprise him if we see Beauvillier get traded in a similar deal like the Toews one. Puke in my mouth by even thinking about it. That Greene bonus is another thing that will kill us in the summer, so ****ing stupid. Probably trades Beau for a 2nd rounder and resign Zajac and Cizikas for more money. Cannot move on from the fact that Leddy make 5.5 and Toews 4.4 for 4 (!) years. We getting older this summer, that’s my feeling. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lou pays 2 2nd rounders to Seattle for not picking Leddy haha, embrace yourselves.

The toews trade was awful but at least they have pelech, pulock, and Dobson. If they trade beau the window is closed. There’s no coming back from that, they don’t have anyone to replace him in Bridgeport and I expect bailey to regress even more next season. I would root for them to miss the playoffs if they traded beau.

Whatever staple says the opposite usually happens, so we’ll see how it plays out. He said there was a 99% chance all of toews, pulock, barzal would be signed like 2 weeks before toews was traded.
Isles10 liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.
HEY GUYS! I know i'm late... (restaurant life) but remember what I said about Wahlstrom and Komarov for that game agains the Rags? grin
May 8, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
Haha deal.

I’m so jealous of your team right now btw. (My preference of lineup). Added Lundkvist already because he definitely will be playing regularly next year. Seen some Rags be very high on Tarmo Reunanen, should he play over Zac Jones in your opinion as of right now? Don’t imagine you want Smith, Bitetto or Johnson before any of those two haha.

Lafrenière - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
Gauthier - Howden - Blackwell

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Don’t know if you’re aware of how good Nils Lundkvist is? In my opinion the best D in SHL (I’m from Sweden), absolutely fantastic player. Braden Schneider, Brett Berard, Matthew Robertson, Karl Henriksson, Adam Edström, Hunter Skinner, Dylan Garand and Lauri Pajuniemi are all good prospects too.

Crazy to think DeAngelos offense hasn’t been used this year at all either haha, and you haven’t even missed it with Fox Norris caliber year (he should win it imo at this point).

Btw, why didn’t you guys resign Jesper Fast? For that prize and what he brought to your team, it was really fascinating to me, good versatile player.

I was going to respond to this with a well articulated response, but the firing of... checks notes.. everyone that put this team together, kind of trumps that. frown
May 10, 2021 at 6:02 p.m.
Quoting: broadwayblue_89
I was going to respond to this with a well articulated response, but the firing of... checks notes.. everyone that put this team together, kind of trumps that. frown

What a crazy season you guys had, don’t even know where to start. This offseason will be very interesting to watch from an outside perspective. Like the Ryan Lindgren signing of 3x3, good value for what he brings. I also believe Eichel is 90% a Ranger when next season starts, my only hope is that you guys overpay... and a John Tortorella return. wink

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll