SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft Top 32

Mock Draft Top 32

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Apr. 30, 2021 at 11:10 p.m.
Description
Next week I will have my top 55 mock draft!

Any opinions? Leave them in the comments!
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Red Wings immediately get their future No. 1 defenseman
2Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver has a lot of young forwards, defenseman are mostly veterans (except Hughes). The right-side depth is thin, so they draft Clarke
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Center depth is thin with the Dubois-Laine trade, Beniers will be their replacement
4Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres need everything, here they get their top defenseman behind Dahlin
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks clearly need goal-scorers, Guenther has one of the hardest shots in the draft
6Logo of the Seattle Kraken-The Kraken go BPA, regardless of position
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils get the perfect complement to Alexander Holtz, have Johnson as the passer and Holtz as the finisher
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Senators draft the best goal-scorer in the draft and the perfect complement to Stutzle
9Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-The Kings grab the best defenseman available after going heavy with forwards during the past four drafts
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-The Sharks goaltending is clearly the worst in the NHL, Wallstedt can change that, maybe even be the backup to Jones next year
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Calgary Flames-I don't see Eklund falling any further than this, the Flames get a steal with this pick
13Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The Blackhawks need LD and RW, I have them taking the best right-winger available
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The Flyers fix the defensive struggles they had this season with this pick
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Canadiens draft the perfect complement to Caufield, Raty excels most in the playmaking category
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I don't see Lysell falling any further than this
17Logo of the Dallas Stars-The Stars need starpower behind Robertsson and Gurianov, Sillinger has great goal-scoring ability
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-Coronato will fix both Nashville's scoring issues and their special teams, he excels in both these categories
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets have one of the most talented forward cores in the NHL, they clearly need a defenseman. Lambos plays in their backyard, he will be easy for Chevy to scout
20Logo of the New York Rangers-Not only do the Rangers fix their center depth, they draft the perfect complement to Lafreniere
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Smith isn't getting any younger, the Oilers need a young goalie. Cossa plays in their backyard, so it will be easy to scout him
22Logo of the Boston Bruins-The Bruins fix their scoring issues they had this season with this pick
23Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersAfter grabbing a reliable top-six forward with their first pick, the Devils fix their defensive depth
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Pinelli will fix their center depth and their penalty kill troubles, he excels in both these categories
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avalanche grab the perfect complement to Newhook
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Wild center depth is now set with this pick. You could argue they take a defenseman, but it would be a reach at this point
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsThe Red Wings get their No. 2 center behind Larkin
28Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Blue Jackets should grab a replacement for Savard, Morrow is the logical pick
29Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe Blue Jackets are lacking scoring behind Laine, Othmann could provide secondary scoring
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida fixes their defensive depth, behind Ekblad there isn't much youth
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-The Golden Knights have a deep team, so they go for the BPA regardless of position
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Rumors and reports are stating that Carolina should grab a defenseman with this pick
Apr. 30, 2021 at 11:41 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
just some friendly thoughts -

i would still take Seider over Power, easy

honestly clarke is best for vancouver but its Jim Benning so he will prob take Hughes for the brother connection

eklund and lysell way too low imo, but nice to see Robertsson get some respect

im like 100% positive cossa is going to the oilers

if im cbj, i take Behrens and Svechkov with those late firsts
Z0ra liked this.
May 1, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
If Devils looking for best compliment to Holtz, they would probably take his linemate (Eklund).
May 1, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.
What's your projections on Raty ?

Personally, I think there is better options for Montreal than him.
May 1, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Sam_Qc
What's your projections on Raty ?

Personally, I think there is better options for Montreal than him.

My projection for Raty is 15-30. Raty + Caufield = MAGIC

Who do you think Montreal will take? I thought other options could be Bourgault or Sillinger.
May 1, 2021 at 5:04 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If Devils looking for best compliment to Holtz, they would probably take his linemate (Eklund).

I could see that happening.
May 1, 2021 at 5:07 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1

honestly clarke is best for vancouver but its Jim Benning so he will prob take Hughes for the brother connection

I would see Benning going for Hughes so I agree with you on that.

The reason why Eklund and Lysell are so low is the size. It will take them about 3 years to make the NHL, and most teams probably won't be willing to wait that long. Its a similar situation to why Caufield dropped to Montreal.

EDIT: I could see Columbus taking both those guys, I also agree with you on that.
May 1, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
Kovid Klaw
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1

Imagine a pairing of power and sieder
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
May 1, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
My projection for Raty is 15-30. Raty + Caufield = MAGIC

Who do you think Montreal will take? I thought other options could be Bourgault or Sillinger.

I think like McTavish, Sillinger, L'Heureux, Lysell, Bourgault, Ceulemans or Pastujov but I can be wrong... 😅
May 2, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: Sam_Qc
I think like McTavish, Sillinger, L'Heureux, Lysell, Bourgault, Ceulemans or Pastujov but I can be wrong... 😅

I like your thinking for the Habs - I would rank Pastujov ahead of Ceulemans - only because Romanov is adept at playing the right side as is Guhle in the pipeline. While they need an heir to Weber and Petry in the next 2 years, their need for a centre or even LW is stronger. Normally one takes the Best available player but I do not see much of a difference in this year's draft so I choose need.
Sam_Qc liked this.
May 2, 2021 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
I like your thinking for the Habs - I would rank Pastujov ahead of Ceulemans - only because Romanov is adept at playing the right side as is Guhle in the pipeline. While they need an heir to Weber and Petry in the next 2 years, their need for a centre or even LW is stronger. Normally one takes the Best available player but I do not see much of a difference in this year's draft so I choose need.

Thank you and yes I agree that Montreal will probably take a forward this year. I think Romanov, Guhle and Struble will be our next 3 LHD. I read somewhere that Harris and Norlinder can play on the right side so it's another option. Ceulemans is interesting for us because we don't have many RHD prospects after Brook and Fleury but yes I think we'll draft a forward in this year's draft.
Leemer liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll