SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Another Scenario

Another Scenario

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Duggysdanglers
Published: May 1, 2021 at 1:20 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Add Owen Power to an already top 3 prospect pool in LA. Really isn’t fair if this were to happen.
2Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-CBJ desperately needs a top skilled C.
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres need D.
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Guenther plus Zegras equals magic.
5Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Build from the back end out. 6-5 and 210 lbs and mobile and super skilled.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Calgary Flames-
13Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
17Logo of the Dallas Stars-
18Logo of the Nashville Predators-
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
20Logo of the New York Rangers-
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
22Logo of the Boston Bruins-
23Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
27Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
28Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
29Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
May 1, 2021 at 2:20 a.m.
Sabres fan
Defensive prospects are the one thing Buffalo has a ton of, especially on the left-hand side. If any of the top defensemen in this draft were right hand shots it’s possible Buffalo could consider taking them. But with top level forwards available I would expect one of them to be the target. Beniers, Guenther, Johnson, or Eklund are the ones I like. Safe bet one of those players will be wearing a Sabres jersey on draft day.
May 1, 2021 at 3:39 a.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
Defensive prospects are the one thing Buffalo has a ton of, especially on the left-hand side. If any of the top defensemen in this draft were right hand shots it’s possible Buffalo could consider taking them. But with top level forwards available I would expect one of them to be the target. Beniers, Guenther, Johnson, or Eklund are the ones I like. Safe bet one of those players will be wearing a Sabres jersey on draft day.

That’s fair. I almost have them taking Brandt Clarke there but 3rd overall is a bit high maybe for him. He’s doing well at the U-18s right now.
I think Buffalo has loads of F’s. Eichel, Cozens, Reinhard, Olofsson, Quinn, Paterka, Skinner, Middlestadt, and a few others.
I’m really curious to know which D prospects they have which you say are really good. I was just looking and did not see them. Dahlin -37 like Fukken wow. Ristolainen well you know. Mattias Samuelsson might be decent. Jake McCabe got injured but he looked decent. Truth is the Buffalo Sabres do not have any D at all.
May 1, 2021 at 12:37 p.m.
Sabres fan
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
That’s fair. I almost have them taking Brandt Clarke there but 3rd overall is a bit high maybe for him. He’s doing well at the U-18s right now.
I think Buffalo has loads of F’s. Eichel, Cozens, Reinhard, Olofsson, Quinn, Paterka, Skinner, Middlestadt, and a few others.
I’m really curious to know which D prospects they have which you say are really good. I was just looking and did not see them. Dahlin -37 like Fukken wow. Ristolainen well you know. Mattias Samuelsson might be decent. Jake McCabe got injured but he looked decent. Truth is the Buffalo Sabres do not have any D at all.

You can’t judge Dahlin based on plus minus this year, especially since 2/3 of a shortened season were ruined by Ralph Krueger‘s god-awful coaching. Whatever he was trying to teach nobody was getting it, and he was just ruining the offensive game of some of our most skilled players, like Dahlin. But in terms of prospects Samuelsson does look very good already, Bryson is another very strong prospect who is looking like he belongs in the NHL right now. Will Borgen is another guy who will be in the top six next year, unless he gets taken by Seattle. I expect Buffalo will try to keep McCabe, unless he does not want to stay. His injury will limit his free agent offers, so I imagine he may be better off staying. Which means Ristolainen gets his partner back, and both of them were better this year together than they have ever been in their careers up until now.
May 1, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
You can’t judge Dahlin based on plus minus this year, especially since 2/3 of a shortened season were ruined by Ralph Krueger‘s god-awful coaching. Whatever he was trying to teach nobody was getting it, and he was just ruining the offensive game of some of our most skilled players, like Dahlin. But in terms of prospects Samuelsson does look very good already, Bryson is another very strong prospect who is looking like he belongs in the NHL right now. Will Borgen is another guy who will be in the top six next year, unless he gets taken by Seattle. I expect Buffalo will try to keep McCabe, unless he does not want to stay. His injury will limit his free agent offers, so I imagine he may be better off staying. Which means Ristolainen gets his partner back, and both of them were better this year together than they have ever been in their careers up until now.

Have never heard of Bryson or Borgen and I watch quite a bit of hockey.
May 1, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
Sabres fan
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Have never heard of Bryson or Borgen and I watch quite a bit of hockey.

To be fair Borgen started the year but has been injured until the last couple weeks, but Bryson has been playing almost every game since February. You must not be seeing very many Sabres games.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
May 1, 2021 at 5:07 p.m.
Kovid Klaw
I haven't been following this draft closely as another years so can someone tell me why raty as fallen. Couple years ago he was viewed as a top pick
May 1, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
Quoting: pandemic_p
I haven't been following this draft closely as another years so can someone tell me why raty as fallen. Couple years ago he was viewed as a top pick

Raty dropped because his production dropped. Lights out in their U20 League but not so much this year in the Liiga. He could still go in the top 15.
May 1, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
To be fair Borgen started the year but has been injured until the last couple weeks, but Bryson has been playing almost every game since February. You must not be seeing very many Sabres games.

Quoting: pandemic_p

He has not been noticeable I guess.
May 2, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Solid draft rankings - well done

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll