Forums/Armchair-GM

NXT Avs

Created by: coga16
Team: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 15, 2021
Published: May 3, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Messing around with the Avs roster for next year, combining a few trade ideas that have floated around the site for a while, also assuming Erik Johnson and Francouz are able to return next year so max cap hit possible before the offseason happens .

Protection is based on EJ waiving his NMC
Mack, Rants, Landy, Kadri, Bura, Jost, Nuke
Makar, Girard, Toews
Grubauer

Expansion Draft - Compher. Really the idea situation here, if he is selected sets up the Avs offseason nicely to make some good hockey trades

Graves to the Devils - A trade that has been proposed by lots of devils fans, I think this is fair value with the pick and the additional of Boqvist helps fill out the bottom 6. Trade needed for the additional cap relief plus with the emergences of TImmins lately, Graves loses his spot in this line up especially if EJ is healthy

Donskoi for a LW - I am just using DeBrusk bc of how he seems to be in the dog house in Boston. But this trade is just to balance out the lines getting a LW and to make room for Kaut on the 3rd line so they dont have to shoe horn him into a 4th line Role or on the Left side, that really doesnt work for him....

AGAIN. Doesnt have to be DeBrusk, just using a LW and someone who has similar cap hit

The Contracts - Looking at probably higher conservative values for the Avs to make sure they can take care of their own guys and still have some wiggle room with the Cap. Landeskog, using Gallagher 6.5m as a base and adding 1.25m to it based. Grubauer the 6x6 for Binnington and Markstrom as comps. Makar is tough but 9m could be 9.5m but using Chabot base contract to start with
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
1$900,000
2$2,000,000
8$9,000,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,750,000
5$6,000,000
1$900,000
Trades
COL
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
Additional Details:
Read Description.
COL
  1. Boqvist, Jesper
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Read Description.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$81,557,296$1,741,463$3,775,000-$57,296
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 8
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,675,000$3,675,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 6
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 3, 2021 at 10:35 a.m.
retired
too low on landeskog but the rest looks ok. trades probably favor the avs too much.

it's a little weird seeing you so adamant avs wont trade a player to protect against the expansion draft then go at trade the same players in your own roster.
May 3, 2021 at 10:36 a.m.
Banned
Debrusk has had a real down year, but given the context of the season, i actually think it make it less likely he’s traded. No pre-season. Weird intra-division schedule. Short off season. No GM is making a big judgment on a young player because of that. Trading debrusk now would be selling very low, and would be poor asset management.
May 3, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle
too low on landeskog but the rest looks ok. trades probably favor the avs too much.

it's a little weird seeing you so adamant avs wont trade a player to protect against the expansion draft then go at trade the same players in your own roster.

how bout you stop following me around on this site commenting on everything I do, I am ignore you for a reason, you dont offer any value to Avs conversations

And this just shows you are a troll or have no idea what you are talking about bc I said Avs wouldnt trade guys before the XD for picks bc the fear of losing out, they would trade them in hockey trades after...as my description said that if they take Compher this sets up the Avs to do some hockey trades. But you have 0 reading compression skills.
May 3, 2021 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Debrusk has had a real down year, but given the context of the season, i actually think it make it less likely he’s traded. No pre-season. Weird intra-division schedule. Short off season. No GM is making a big judgment on a young player because of that. Trading debrusk now would be selling very low, and would be poor asset management.

just using DeBrusk as an example. First one I can think of a middle 6 LW who makes similar money to Donskoi. Just looking at a pure hockey trade ideas, more of a place holder idea to balance out the middle 6 to make sure Kaut can play his natural position
May 3, 2021 at 10:42 a.m.
retired
Quoting: coga16
how bout you stop following me around on this site commenting on everything I do, I am ignore you for a reason, you dont offer any value to Avs conversations

And this just shows you are a troll bc I said Avs wouldnt trade guys before the XD for picks bc the fear of losing out, they would trade them in hockey trades after...as my description said that if they take Compher this sets up the Avs to do some hockey trades. But you have 0 reading compression skills.

i frequently comment on avs/habs/leafs proposals. there's more than just you on this site.

you are making the same trades other posters did. one of donskoi/compher/graves gets picked in the draft and trading another one for picks prospects. the results are the exact same.

a bit of a side note but i think seattle takes donskoi or graves ahead of compher.
May 3, 2021 at 10:45 a.m.
i frequently comment on avs/habs/leafs proposals. there's more than just you on this site.

you are making the same trades other posters did. one of donskoi/compher/graves gets picked in the draft and trading another one for picks prospects. the results are the exact same.

a bit of a side note but i think seattle takes donskoi or graves ahead of compher.

you have 0 reading compression skills, you just proved that by not even understanding what I wrote to you. HOCKEY TRADES AFTER THE DRAFT.
A 2nd for Donskoi or a 3rd for Nichushkin bc avs will lose them for nothing before the draft is not the same as this roster. Talking hockey with you is like talking to a turnip

You really offer no value to conversations, dont comment on my stuff anymore as you will continued to be ignored
May 3, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
retired
you have 0 reading compression skills, you just proved that by not even understanding what I wrote to you. HOCKEY TRADES AFTER THE DRAFT.
A 2nd for Donskoi or a 3rd for Nichushkin bc avs will lose them for nothing is not the same as this roster.

You really offer no value to conversations, dont comment on my stuff anymore as you will continued to be ignored

the results are the exact same. 0 critical thinking skills. trading the same players for almost the same pieces.

trading graves for a prospect and pick isn't a hockey trade. a hockey trade is trading similar level players to address needs not trading for futures.
May 3, 2021 at 10:53 a.m.
the results are the exact same. 0 critical thinking skills. trading the same players for almost the same pieces.

trading graves for a prospect and pick isn't a hockey trade. a hockey trade is trading similar level players to address needs not trading for futures.

See you later fake Avs fan who is really a Montreal fan and is trolling avs posts for no reason, time to block you once again bc you have 0 value in discussing avs posts, and demonstrating once again your lack of reading comprehension, not reading the descriptions and understanding it. Not able to assess the trades in a holistic roster build or even comprehend the difference between the trades you are claiming that I am doing, unable to provide any value to the conversations.
May 3, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
As a Bruins fan I don't mind the DeBrusk for Donskoi trade. You might have to swap a 3rd and 4th rd pick or something to even the value of a cost-controlled player, but I think Donskoi would fit in Cassidy's system better than DeBrusk does.
coga16 liked this.
May 3, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
As a Bruins fan I don't mind the DeBrusk for Donskoi trade. You might have to swap a 3rd and 4th rd pick or something to even the value of a cost-controlled player, but I think Donskoi would fit in Cassidy's system better than DeBrusk does.

and I think Debusk would fit in nicely with the Avs middle 6 as well. The fit could be there for both is sides if they need to shuffle some parts around and mix things up
Totally happy also just keeping Donskoi, hes been good. No real need to move him as a player
Bruins1054_gmb liked this.
May 3, 2021 at 11:06 a.m.
Agreed. The trade could work well for both sides. Nice idea you had here.

I can't see SEA taking Compher, though. I think there are much better options on the Avs exposed list, even assuming you went 7-3-1. I Johnson waives you could protect Towes; if not he's the guy going to SEA.
DirtyDangle liked this.
May 3, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
retired
See you later fake Avs fan who is really a Montreal fan and is trolling avs posts for no reason, time to block you once again bc you have 0 value in discussing avs posts, and demonstrating once again your lack of reading comprehension, not reading the descriptions and understanding it. Not able to assess the trades in a holistic roster build or even comprehend the difference between the trades you are claiming that I am doing, unable to provide any value to the conversations.

right.. trading graves/compher/donskoi (or whever the avs leave exposed) for futures before draft is bad but after draft is somehow different and ok. makes a lot of sense.
May 3, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I feel like if Graves were exposed Seattle would take him
DirtyDangle liked this.
May 3, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
retired

I can't see SEA taking Compher, though. I think there are much better options on the Avs exposed list, even assuming you went 7-3-1. I Johnson waives you could protect Towes; if not he's the guy going to SEA.

toews will be protected without a doubt. agree that compher is unlikely to be the selection. why wouldn't seattle just take donskoi or graves. or take them and trade them for these returns. all are better options than compher.
May 3, 2021 at 11:11 a.m.

there is no way Toews is exposed, even if EJ doesnt waive (signs are pointing towards he will) Avs would go out of their way to protect him by either Buying EJ out during the 48 hour buyout window prior to the final lists submitted or they make a side deal with them so hes not selected.

Compher is probably less likely based on this season but Graves hasnt been that good as people assume he is on this site. Compher might be tempting at his age over an older donskoi. There doesnt seem to be as good as C/W options for seattle as their are D options but who knwos
May 3, 2021 at 11:11 a.m.
toews will be protected without a doubt. agree that compher is unlikely to be the selection. why wouldn't seattle just take donskoi or graves. or take them and trade them for these returns. all are better options than compher.

You have to assume Johnson would waive his NMC. If not they'd protect Sammy G, Makar, and Johnson, with 7 forwards. If they protect 8 skaters, then you expose Burakovsky or Kadri.
May 3, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I feel like if Graves were exposed Seattle would take him

probably. But if thats the case the same logic applies. Graves is gone and Avs would need to move Compher for a return to shed the cap hit so the Avs could make sure they pay all their guys and have cap room to breath if guys dont take a little paycut.

If Landy or Grubi sign for less, then the need to move compher doesnt become as drastic
May 3, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
You have to assume Johnson would waive his NMC. If not they'd protect Sammy G, Makar, and Johnson, with 7 forwards. If they protect 8 skaters, then you expose Burakovsky or Kadri.

If they did have to protect 8 I think they expose Kadri over Bura. With newhook coming as fast as he is pushing for a job with the Avs and Kadri having a really off year, Keep Bura who one of the avs purest shooters and role the dice with Newhook at 2C if Kadri has to be exposed and is selected (if Kadri is picked then avs could probably sign Saad back)
May 3, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
retired

yea i think they would go the 8 route if they had to. avs likely only have bura and kadri for one more year before they can no longer afford them. at $4m+ a piece they are somewhat replaceable. toews has been both reliable and affordable with 3 more years under contract. i dont think it would come to that though. i think the avs would buyout johson if they needed to and could buy him out. the other option is trading him with a sweetener like 2021 1st rounder to get his contract off the books. he only has a partial ntc with an nmc.
May 3, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
If the Avs could swap Donskoi for DeBrusk I think that’s a huge win.

For those questioning Seattle taking Compher, he can play center, how many other centers are going to be available? Who is Seattle going to have play C? I definitely could see it happening.

On Ryan Graves, I think me and the op are in the vast minority in thinking Graves is a 3rd pairing guy that has lived large playing with Makar, so imo anything that nets a 2nd + another puck or prospect I’m ok with because even if he was on the team next year he is 3rd pairing and being pushed with cheaper options available in Timmins and McDonald.
May 3, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
If the Avs could swap Donskoi for DeBrusk I think that’s a huge win.

For those questioning Seattle taking Compher, he can play center, how many other centers are going to be available? Who is Seattle going to have play C? I definitely could see it happening.

On Ryan Graves, I think me and the op are in the vast minority in thinking Graves is a 3rd pairing guy that has lived large playing with Makar, so imo anything that nets a 2nd + another puck or prospect I’m ok with because even if he was on the team next year he is 3rd pairing and being pushed with cheaper options available in Timmins and McDonald.

I agree, I wouldnt discount compher as a pick, its still to early to tell based on teams lists, buyouts etc etc, but there are not many C options and that could be tempting. Also depends on who becomes Seattles coach, they will build a roster to their tailoring. Undetermined still
Xqb15a liked this.
May 3, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
The idea that compher would be taken over debrusk is mind blowingly funny.

Also tears of joy on you following me around for a week saying Colorado won't lose multiple players to avoid expansion draft while moving multiple guys for that exact reason.
May 3, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
The idea that compher would be taken over debrusk is mind blowingly funny.

Also tears of joy on you following me around for a week saying Colorado won't lose multiple players to avoid expansion draft while moving multiple guys for that exact reason.

Do you have reading compression issues. Hockey Trades done after the expansion draft.

Donskoi for Debrusk after the draft is the same as Donskoi for a 2nd or Nichushkin for a 3rd "bc the fear of losing them for nothing" are the same thing to you? Whatever helps you sleep at night
May 3, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
Do you have reading compression issues. Trades done after the expansion draft

Then it's mind blowingly hilarious that compher would be taken over Graves or donskoi

No where in the description does it say after draft
May 3, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Then it's mind blowingly hilarious that compher would be taken over Graves or donskoi

So its only an issue that I post it even though multiple Seattle rosters by other users have him selecte?. So why dont you go into those rosters and post that

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll