SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

How many games does Wilson get?

How many games does Wilson get
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 4, 2021 at 10:17 a.m.
i could easily see Wilson get a Torres like lengthy suspension but looking at the Do''PS'' track record recently he'll probably get around 10 games
May 4, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
sbinalla
he will get fined 5000 dollars which is not even close to his salary he should be fined wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more and banned
leafs_and_devils liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 11:52 a.m.
Quoting: maplelaughs2297
he will get fined 5000 dollars which is not even close to his salary he should be fined wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more and banned

5000 is max under CBA but he should definitely have had a Torres like suspension
maplelaughs2297 liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Don't know what everyone else thinks but I think there should be some sort of formula for determining punishment, instead of a disgruntled goon running a clothing store called "Violent Gentlemen" spinning a wheel.

Think the main disciplinary actions are:

-Intent to injure (Buchnevich): how Buch fell is disputable but the punch Wilson gave him while he was on the ice was not.
-Intent to injure (Panarin): pulling his hair and slamming him on the ice.
-Repeat offender: Has a suspension on record.

I think both intents to injure should be 8 games, and x2 for a repeat offender when the same season, so 32 games.
A_Habs_fan, mokumboi, BeterChiarelli and 2 others liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Don't know what everyone else thinks but I think there should be some sort of formula for determining punishment, instead of a disgruntled goon running a clothing store called "Violent Gentlemen" spinning a wheel.

-Intent to injure (Buchnevich): how Buch fell is disputable but the punch Wilson gave him while he was on the ice was not.

I think both intents to injure should be 8 games, and x2 for a repeat offender when the same season, so 32 games.

Fair assessment, i felt like Wilson should get a Torres like suspension
mokumboi and BeterChiarelli liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Fair assessment, i felt like Wilson should get a Torres like suspension

I'm totally shocked he didn't get suspended.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
mokumboi
He should be gone for at least 25, and definitely for the rest of this season, including playoffs.

What will he actually get? I'm highly skeptical it will be near enough.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
He should be gone for at least 25, and definitely for the rest of this season, including playoffs.

What will he actually get? I'm highly skeptical it will be near enough.

He got a fine and that's it.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Rangsey

Parros is a ****ing joke-and-a-half, just like many of the refs and those in charge of them.
Rangsey, A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 9:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 4, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey

and thats the problem

we all know Wilson fully intended to injure someone and that cannot be allowed in todays NHL. He knows he is only gonna get fined so he has no reason not to do it again

What he did should have got got him banned from the playoffs and maybe some time from next season

in general the NHLs player saftey has been a pretty big joke so far

Mcdavid elbows KK in head (fined no suspension)
Stephenson does the same thing (SUSPENDED 2 GAMES)

like huh are some elbows Suspendible while others arent

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS PLAYER SAFTEY
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 9:50 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
and thats the problem

we all know Wilson fully intended to injure someone and that cannot be allowed in todays NHL. He knows he is only gonna get fined so he has no reason not to do it again

What he did should have got got him banned from the playoffs and maybe some time from next season

Plus you know it's just going to escalate. Wouldn't be surprised if the next player to get suspended is going to be a superstar retaliating for getting head hunted not some predator like Wilson.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 4, 2021 at 10:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
As a Caps fan, Wilson crossing the line is incredibly annoying. When he isn't sparking hockey twitter wars, he's a fantastic power forward. But then he does something like this and has the whole league calling for his head. The punch on Buchnevich was 100000% uncalled for. The extra punches to Panarin, also uncalled for. Kudos to Panarin for standing up for his teammate, but I don't get why everyone's upset about Panarin getting slammed to the ice. Even though Wilson started it and deserved all the retaliation he got, he's obviously not going to just stand there and take it. If you go into a scrum against someone bigger and stronger than you and you get dropped, you get dropped. But you don't get punched in the head afterwards. Should've been a suspension.
BigDaddyOvech, A_Habs_fan and mvp13 liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 6:17 a.m.
and thats the problem

and thats the problem

A superstar doing a suspendable action will not face discipline while if a non-superstar does the same thing they will. Because apparently if the league won’t take care of superstars they will and get away with it
May 5, 2021 at 6:18 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
As a Caps fan, Wilson crossing the line is incredibly annoying. When he isn't sparking hockey twitter wars, he's a fantastic power forward. But then he does something like this and has the whole league calling for his head. The punch on Buchnevich was 100000% uncalled for. The extra punches to Panarin, also uncalled for. Kudos to Panarin for standing up for his teammate, but I don't get why everyone's upset about Panarin getting slammed to the ice. Even though Wilson started it and deserved all the retaliation he got, he's obviously not going to just stand there and take it. If you go into a scrum against someone bigger and stronger than you and you get dropped, you get dropped. But you don't get punched in the head afterwards. Should've been a suspension.

Well if Panarin’s head hits the ice when he gets slammed, that’s probably it for him
May 5, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
Edited May 5, 2021 at 12:34 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

I give you a lot of credit for not defending your teammate, because really the only people I see defending Wilson are Caps fans. While I completely agree Panarin put himself in danger, and yes I do agree that Panarin jumped on his back, he did not do it with the intent to fight or injure Wilson (not that he could). He was hugging his arms to try to stop him from punching Strome who was in the bottom of the pile up, which is pretty common in scrums when the lazy refs don't intervene eariler. Panarin never threw a punch at this point. I'm fine if Wilson decided to punch Panarin in the face, or ragdoll him, or pin him to the ice and make fun of him. That's fine. But instead, Wilson ripped his helmet off, seemed to pull his hair (or, grab his head), and forcefully threw him head first into the ice. Yes, Panarin put himself in danger, and probably willingly accepted any reasonable consequence of doing so, but to have your helmet ripped off and your head spiked to the ice like a football is just not reasonable. Again, punch Panarin in the face for getting involved, whether he's a "star player" or not, I really don't care. That's fine, and that's hockey. But what he did was not hockey, and could have quite literally led to a life threatening injury

I do also certainly agree that players like Wilson and Marchand are a joy to watch when they play in the rules... but the NHL knows they are the last remaining "old time hockey" players, and seem to give them a pass whenever they go out of the rules, which is just disappointing.

As far as the poll, I would have suspended him until the start of next season, especially considering he was already suspended this year

EDIT: I just wanted to add, IF Panarin was throwing punches at the back of Wilson's head when he "jumped him", or tried to tackle him down, or do anything malicious... then I would be more in agreement to the punishment. I viewed his actions as attempting to be a peacemaker. I see a lot of people saying Panarin "jumped him", but I really don't think it was malicious at all. Panarin only attempted to throw punches after the head spike. I know I'm a Rangers fan but I'm trying not to be a homer whatsoever, which includes me not being a fan of complaining about the "star player" aspect. In my opinion, in scrums, your status as a player has no bearing, which is why I would've been fine with a face punch or any reasonable action from Wilson. I wish the coaches and Rangers players would stop the "star player" stuff, because it's taking away from the actual problem, in my view
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

perfect analysis. 32 games + playoffs seems perfect. if what he did was not on the ice, however, it would be jail time for sure - with that said the game comes with the known fact that safety is a privilege lol

still think he shld be banned and parros removed but that obviously won't happen because bettman.
good on the rags for their statement tho
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.
Quoting: leafs_RtheBest
perfect analysis. 32 games + playoffs seems perfect. if what he did was not on the ice, however, it would be jail time for sure - with that said the game comes with the known fact that safety is a privilege lol

still think he shld be banned and parros removed but that obviously won't happen because bettman.
good on the rags for their statement tho

Banning from hockey is a bit much, no player should be banned unless they commit egregious actions and that while it was bad is definitely shouldn't get him banned
May 5, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
Remember when Lundqvist squirted Crosby with a waterbottle and the NHL fined him $5000. Simplier times.
A_Habs_fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit