Schenn
Thomas
Kyrou
Sundqvist

Parayko
Faulk
Krug

Binnington

Should trade Dunn before Seattle in order to not lose him for nothing. Faulk has been way too good this year, he has to be protected. Chose New Jersey as they have no issues with Seattle expansion. Could protect Severson, Dunn and Seignethaler. (No way Seattle takes Subban right?)

Schwartz instead of Coleman if the price is right, but I have a feeling he would want something like 6x6, which I would not want to give as we already have Schenn,Faulk,Krug,Binington locked up and ROR Perron and Parayko needing new deals soon. I don't want to many long term deals as it could lead to serious trouble down the line.

Use remaining cap space to upgrade backup goaltending
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,750,000
3$3,000,000
3$3,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,250,000
2$3,000,000
1$2,000,000
Trades
STL
SEA
  1. Sanford, Zachary [RFA Rights]
STL
  1. Schnarr, Nathan
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Ideally for the Isles 1st but I don't want to trigger devils fans.
NJD
  1. Dunn, Vince [RFA Rights]
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$71,211,349$306,349$1,725,000$10,288,651
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$866,667$866,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 6
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,300,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$786,667$786,667 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
$850,833$850,833 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 5, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
1 for 1 for Wood in my opinion. I know that triggers Devil's fans as well, but Wood is a middle 6 guy and fits the Blues mold. Him on a line with Thomas and Kyrou next season would be amazing. Tons of speed, lots of crashing the net, aggressive forechecking.

Worth noting: you could likely leave one of Faulk or Krug exposed as I don't believe Seattle would want to take on a lengthy contract out the gate. Plus there is a trade freeze so many days prior to the expansion draft.
Blues4TheCup and zyyyp liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Quoting: Chopper02
1 for 1 for Wood in my opinion. I know that triggers Devil's fans as well, but Wood is a middle 6 guy and fits the Blues mold. Him on a line with Thomas and Kyrou next season would be amazing. Tons of speed, lots of crashing the net, aggressive forechecking.

Worth noting: you could likely leave one of Faulk or Krug exposed as I don't believe Seattle would want to take on a lengthy contract out the gate. Plus there is a trade freeze so many days prior to the expansion draft.

I would do Dunn for Wood for sure, not sure if the devils accept. If they did, probably not sign Bozak but yeah good idea. I think leaving Krug or Faulk exposed is risky, because they are very good defenseman.
May 5, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: Blues4TheCup
I would do Dunn for Wood for sure, not sure if the devils accept. If they did, probably not sign Bozak but yeah good idea. I think leaving Krug or Faulk exposed is risky, because they are very good defenseman.

Faulk is more risky than Krug, but you could also make a deal with Seattle to take someone else like Sanford. The one I dont think the Blues sign is Driedger. I would live to have him, but he will want to go to a team where he has a shot to be the number one (Carolina). Maybe the Blues could go after Halak. Cheaper and still a really good backup.
May 5, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.

doesn't trigger me at all sir, I'd be willing to move Wood for Dunn
Chopper02 and Blues4TheCup liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: zyyyp

Right on brother. I've suggested it in the past and Devils fans acted as if I was asking for Jack Hughes
zyyyp liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Right on brother. I've suggested it in the past and Devils fans acted as if I was asking for Jack Hughes

Devils fans getting emotionally attached to average players and overvaluing everybody on the roster is a common occurrence lol
Chopper02 liked this.
May 5, 2021 at 1:27 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Edited May 5, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
I agree that Faulk has been good but that doesn't mean you have to protect him. If Seattle listens to Alexandra Mandrycky at all, and I assure you they will, they won't take Faulk in a million years even if he has been solid. Six more years at 6.5 million dollars is far too prohibitive of a contract. The Blues will never not do it, unless they get a lot smarter than they have been recently, but they do not need to protect Faulk. And I would also say- if a player isn't that good (at least, relative to what Faulk has been this year) for most of his career and then he suddenly shows up one season and is really good- maybe don't trust that he's just that player now. It's not like Faulk has been playing to the Norris-level he started the season with all this time. He got really hot to start and since has just been perfectly fine.

You know who else has been good this year? Vince Dunn! He's second on our team in defenseman scoring, behind Krug, and he's not getting fed top PP minutes where Krug is scoring most of the time. I get that he had a rough start but he figured it out and there was a stretch where he was clearly our best defenseman right around the trade deadline. He's probably going to cost around what Scandella costs this offseason, which is cheap for what he brings to the table. I'm never going to understand the logic in moving him. Protect Parayko, Krug, and Dunn. Seattle won't take Faulk. Faulk's not even the best exposed defense option for them on our team if we don't protect him.
May 5, 2021 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
I agree that Faulk has been good but that doesn't mean you have to protect him. If Seattle listens to Alexandra Mandrycky at all, and I assure you they will, they won't take Faulk in a million years even if he has been solid. Six more years at 6.5 million dollars is far too prohibitive of a contract. The Blues will never not do it, unless they get a lot smarter than they have been recently, but they do not need to protect Faulk. And I would also say- if a player isn't that good (at least, relative to what Faulk has been this year) for most of his career and then he suddenly shows up one season and is really good- maybe don't trust that he's just that player now. It's not like Faulk has been playing to the Norris-level he started the season with all this time. He got really hot to start and since has just been perfectly fine.

You know who else has been good this year? Vince Dunn! He's second on our team in defenseman scoring, behind Krug, and he's not getting fed top PP minutes where Krug is scoring most of the time. I get that he had a rough start but he figured it out and there was a stretch where he was clearly our best defenseman right around the trade deadline. He's probably going to cost around what Scandella costs this offseason, which is cheap for what he brings to the table. I'm never going to understand the logic in moving him. Protect Parayko, Krug, and Dunn. Seattle won't take Faulk. Faulk's not even the best exposed defense option for them on our team if we don't protect him.

It all has to do with who can be traded to clear cap plus who can replace the player for cheap. In both cases, Dunn is the answer. I like Dunn and want to keep him, but with Perunovich and the emergence of Walman (finally) Dunn is expendable and can be used for more strength on the wings. Unless there is a way to get rid of Scandella's contracting I don't see any other way around the cap.
May 5, 2021 at 4:19 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
It all has to do with who can be traded to clear cap plus who can replace the player for cheap. In both cases, Dunn is the answer. I like Dunn and want to keep him, but with Perunovich and the emergence of Walman (finally) Dunn is expendable and can be used for more strength on the wings. Unless there is a way to get rid of Scandella's contracting I don't see any other way around the cap.

I really don't think the cap is a problem for us this season. Per Evolving-Hockey's predictions, Kyrou and Thomas are both projected to get around ~2 million, Schwartz is projected to get around ~5, Bozak about ~1.6, Barbashev about ~1.7. If Schwartz or Thomas had had bigger seasons than maybe, but everyone was super injured or underperformed, or both.

You have a point about the roster jam though. But I don't think it's as bad as we think. Perunovich I don't know you can count on being an NHL player quite yet. I would have said so before this shoulder injury, but we saw how long it took Tarasenko to come back from the same injury the first time- about six months of playing in 2018. If anything though you could ease him in on the right side, where he played in college, on the third pair. As for Walman, as much as I would love to keep him, I think if Dunn isn't around to protect he could very well be Seattle's pick. He's got that late-bloomer energy that Vegas really targeted and decently solid underlying numbers that Seattle would theoretically value, and he's super cheap next year.

But if there was a way to shed Scandella's contract, I would be all for that too. I would point out that in OPs proposed trade, we're not getting any immediate winger help for Dunn.

I just have a really bad feeling that Dunn is going to be the Shea Theodore-type of this draft. He's got insanely strong underlying numbers but never had the opportunity to prove himself, and e'll trade him or expose him in order to protect Faulk and Krug like Anaheim did with Fowler and Manson and then three years later everyone will look back and be like "why did they do that".
May 5, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Quoting: zyyyp

Trade isn't terrible.
Value is fine...just not the best fit.

Quoting: Blues4TheCup

Devils would decline.
I think Dunn goes for similar price as Toews last season (two 2nd round picks...maybe a 2nd and a 3rd).
Just probably not to NJD.

Nobody getting triggered by this offer.

Here is the problem with Dunn to Devils.
Will Butcher plays a very similar style to Dunn (with probably more passing/playmaking and a little less speed in transition).
But Butcher has struggled to stay in Lindy Ruff's lineup.
I'd worry Dunn would suffer the same fate as they are very similar players...and have had some similar struggles in their own zone.

If Devils somehow saw something in Dunn's game that they didn't in Butcher's, I am all ears. But I view them similarly.
Dunn is not the type of d-man we should be acquiring.
May 5, 2021 at 5:45 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Trade isn't terrible.
Value is fine...just not the best fit.

Devils would decline.
I think Dunn goes for similar price as Toews last season (two 2nd round picks...maybe a 2nd and a 3rd).
Just probably not to NJD.

Nobody getting triggered by this offer.

Here is the problem with Dunn to Devils.
Will Butcher plays a very similar style to Dunn (with probably more passing/playmaking and a little less speed in transition).
But Butcher has struggled to stay in Lindy Ruff's lineup.
I'd worry Dunn would suffer the same fate as they are very similar players...and have had some similar struggles in their own zone.

If Devils somehow saw something in Dunn's game that they didn't in Butcher's, I am all ears. But I view them similarly.
Dunn is not the type of d-man we should be acquiring.

Dunn is better defensively than Butcher. When he's gotten the opportunity he's been good, but has lapses of judgment. Hell, we've seen Dahlin suffer a similar fate this year. Defense is one of the hardest positions to grow into, and being 24 is still very young for a defenseman.
May 5, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
I really don't think the cap is a problem for us this season. Per Evolving-Hockey's predictions, Kyrou and Thomas are both projected to get around ~2 million, Schwartz is projected to get around ~5, Bozak about ~1.6, Barbashev about ~1.7. If Schwartz or Thomas had had bigger seasons than maybe, but everyone was super injured or underperformed, or both.

You have a point about the roster jam though. But I don't think it's as bad as we think. Perunovich I don't know you can count on being an NHL player quite yet. I would have said so before this shoulder injury, but we saw how long it took Tarasenko to come back from the same injury the first time- about six months of playing in 2018. If anything though you could ease him in on the right side, where he played in college, on the third pair. As for Walman, as much as I would love to keep him, I think if Dunn isn't around to protect he could very well be Seattle's pick. He's got that late-bloomer energy that Vegas really targeted and decently solid underlying numbers that Seattle would theoretically value, and he's super cheap next year.

But if there was a way to shed Scandella's contract, I would be all for that too. I would point out that in OPs proposed trade, we're not getting any immediate winger help for Dunn.

I just have a really bad feeling that Dunn is going to be the Shea Theodore-type of this draft. He's got insanely strong underlying numbers but never had the opportunity to prove himself, and e'll trade him or expose him in order to protect Faulk and Krug like Anaheim did with Fowler and Manson and then three years later everyone will look back and be like "why did they do that".

Dunn won't be as good as Theodore. That was a move by the Ducks because Lindholm and Fowler were already on the left side. Dunn will get better for sure, but see him as a less offensive but better defensive version of Krug

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll