SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (PART 5)

May 13, 2021 at 10:38 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
If anyone is interested :

Quoting: SevenLeg
Hi everyone, I created a pool that works exactly the same as the one we had during the regular season. We'd need to be around 20 people to make it more interesting and more competitive.

If you join :
1- Do not put your real name nor your phone number if you don't want to be recognized.
2- The name of your team HAS to be your CapFriendly username

https://www.officepools.com/invite/classic/m/HF9THHZP
Password : SevenLeg
A_Habs_fan and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2385171
My in-depth east playoff predictions
May 13, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
Canes fan
https://www.capfriendly.com/mock-draft/167659

Just posted my newest mock draft if anyone wants to check it out.
May 13, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.
torontos finest

Canada has to run back to backs. Bull****.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: mondo

Well at least there's only 1 back to back, game 3 and 4
Saskleaf liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 12:41 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
If he does I'll self exile myself to Nunavut, I'll play pond hockey and fish for the rest of my life.

Where is the downside in this?
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 12:43 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo

This is really nice for the habs. They have an extra 4 days to rest and get healthier, plus they’re able to dress who they want now, since Laval’s season will be over by then.
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 12:50 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: wabit
Where is the downside in this?

You have a point. If there's a big apocalypse, you know where I will be.
May 13, 2021 at 6:25 p.m.
Canes fan
Just won my ESPN fantasy league undefeated as a rookie.
May 13, 2021 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18

Mine ends today, whoever has the most points today wins the league and it looks like I will go 8-0 this year ( counting playoffs ) and win my first ever league in my first year
Zinger and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Mine ends today, whoever has the most points today wins the league and it looks like I will go 8-0 this year ( counting playoffs ) and win my first ever league in my first year

Mine actually ends today it looks like but in my my ESPN fantasy league I'm up 2103 - 1543, so I doubt my opponent will get almost 600 points in one day. You're undefeated as a rookie too?
May 13, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.
Jinx god

I went undefeated for one of mine the other one I lost 4, but for both I’m going to be champion.
Zinger liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
Mine actually ends today it looks like but in my my ESPN fantasy league I'm up 2103 - 1543, so I doubt my opponent will get almost 600 points in one day. You're undefeated as a rookie too?

Yep I went 5-0 in the regular season averaging about 300 points per week ( miles ahead of everyone else ) and am in the finals rn it’s approximately 439.1-439.6 so whoever has the most points today wins, I have 11 players today, he has 4 so it’s would take a lot for me to lose
Zinger liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
I've thought about the Panthers' success story this season and here is the explanation I have for their unexpected success:

They needed better complementary pieces for their core (Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad) and well I think we have to admit that Verhaeghe, Wennberg, Bennett and Hornqvist fit better there than the likes of Dadonov, Hoffman and Trocheck (even if he's a very good player)

You see, when you have Barkov and Huberdeau, you're guaranteed to, if they play together, have one of the 5-10 best lines in hockey as well as one of the most lethal PP units in the league. And if they are separated, well then you have two very good lines. This gives you flexibility. Makes Dadonov and Hoffman expandable. See, they replaced them with Hornqvist, Duclair, Verhaeghe and Wennberg, and even if, on paper, the last group is less talented, it fits their system better and that's what mattered (still does btw)

Plus, adding guys like Gudas and Hornqvist gives you two players that are very very tough to play against. They don't have a ton of raw skills, but try to play against PH on the PP and try to win a tight battle against the boards against Gudas on the PK. You may win, it's not inconceivable, but you'll have a harder time than against the likes of, say, Dadonov and Matheson.

Also Hornqvist has experience, bring SC pedigree that only goes back to a few seasons ago.

I remember thinking, before the season started, «I like their offseason. Now they just need someone, anyone, to step up and become a key contributor (my candidates were Wennberg going back to his 16-17 form, Tippett and/or Denisenko breaking out, Duclair finding consistency, Bobrovsky returning to form or Hornqvist playing out of his mind)»

Well, I was right on Wennberg, cause he did, at least in a good part, Tipppett has been good, PH has fitted there like a good glove, Duclair has been a pleasant surprise, and of course Weegar has played out of his mind, Driedger has provided them with much needed consistency and Verhaeghe has been their new Marchessault

What do you guys think about my take?
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 4 others liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Some news for the Sharks (for those who care):

- MARLEAU is not retiring; and plans to play next year as he believes he did not play well at all and said it "kept him up" some nights.
- I appreicate the honesty and wish him truly the very best, but if the Sharks resign Marleau ima have a stroke, we need room for the kids.. @jfrojelin @RawZuccSauce420 @papishark

- Sharks are strongly after a legitimate starting goalie
- thank god, Korenar looks comfortable and deserves to be the back up but Melnichuk is obviously not ready. Buy out jones or bury idc. dont play him.

- Also strongly after a solid 3C
- Good idea but I do believe we still could see Gambrell grow if he stays in the offseason and be battling for that spot either way.
May 13, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2388836 - My Central division predictions
Thoughts?
May 14, 2021 at 12:10 a.m.
John Leonard Viewer
Quoting: yikes

- MARLEAU is not retiring; and plans to play next year as he believes he did not play well at all and said it "kept him up" some nights.
- I appreicate the honesty and wish him truly the very best, but if the Sharks resign Marleau ima have a stroke, we need room for the kids.. jfrojelin RawZuccSauce420 papishark

- thank god, Korenar looks comfortable and deserves to be the back up but Melnichuk is obviously not ready. Buy out jones or bury idc. dont play him.

- Good idea but I do believe we still could see Gambrell grow if he stays in the offseason and be battling for that spot either way.

We have way too many wingers (I'm writing a piece on that tbh ahaha). If we want to be good we need: an offensive 3c, an NHL goalie, Dman depth. Not sure we can acquire all that, so tank IMO
papishark liked this.
May 14, 2021 at 12:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes

- I appreicate the honesty and wish him truly the very best, but if the Sharks resign Marleau ima have a stroke, we need room for the kids.. @jfrojelin @RawZuccSauce420 @papishark

hmmm I wonder

marner_marleau.jpg

2021-2022 - Dubas brings Marleau back for old time sake
Saskleaf liked this.
May 14, 2021 at 7:49 a.m.
Jinx god
Colorado with their 3rd presidents trophy. All playoff matchups are now confirmed.
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, AndrewLadd and 2 others liked this.
May 14, 2021 at 7:54 a.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Colorado with their 3rd presidents trophy. All playoff matchups are now confirmed.

Yep though Toronto, Edmonton and Winnipeg haven't played 56 games so the conference finals position seeds aren't confirmed ( for theoretical advantage ) since if Toronto loses they will be behind Pittsburgh, If Edmonton wins they pass Boston, if Winnipeg wins they pass STL
May 14, 2021 at 7:55 a.m.
Jinx god
Yep though Toronto, Edmonton and Winnipeg haven't played 56 games so the conference finals position seeds aren't confirmed ( for theoretical advantage ) since if Toronto loses they will be behind Pittsburgh, If Edmonton wins they pass Boston, if Winnipeg wins they pass STL

STL won't get past the first round so that doesn't really matter that much.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 14, 2021 at 9:31 a.m.
Team USA has named their WC roster and it's okay-ish
Forwards are Justin Abdelkader, Matthew Beniers, Colin Blackwell, Brian Boyle, Sasha Chmelevski, Ryan Donato, Jack Drury, Connor Garland, Kevin Labanc, Trevor Moore, Jason Robertson, Eric Robinson, Kevin Rooney, Tage Thompson
Defense: Adam Clendening, Matt Hellickson ( who ? ), Zac Jones, Connor Mackey, Matt Roy, Ryan Shea ( who ? ), Matt Tennyson, Chris Wideman, Christian Wolanin
Goalies: Jake Oettinger, Cal Petersen, Anthony Stolarz
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 14, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Forwards are Justin Abdelkader, Matthew Beniers, Colin Blackwell, Brian Boyle, Sasha Chmelevski, Ryan Donato, Jack Drury, Connor Garland, Kevin Labanc, Trevor Moore, Jason Robertson, Eric Robinson, Kevin Rooney, Tage Thompson
Defense: Adam Clendening, Matt Hellickson ( who ? ), Zac Jones, Connor Mackey, Matt Roy, Ryan Shea ( who ? ), Matt Tennyson, Chris Wideman, Christian Wolanin

Is there some kind of age limit on this tournament?
May 14, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
Is there some kind of age limit on this tournament?

Nope since it's the world championships technically as long as they represent your country they are eligible
May 14, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

This team is atrocious wtf
MitchMarner_16, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll