Forums/Armchair-GM

The Rossi Future

Created by: brichardson889
Team: 2021-22 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 10, 2021
Published: May 10, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Parise will be gone this summer. Just not sure how.
Dumba, Soucy, and Greenway are the most likely players to be taken by Seattle.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,500,000
6$6,250,000
4$4,400,000
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$68,461,667$0$1,482,500$13,038,333

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
C
UFA - 8
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Aside from no cap space to have some healthy scratch players, who does Seattle take?
csick and brichardson889 liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
MinnesotaForever
Edited May 10, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
I think Dumba most likely, but its possible they're a little scared off by his $6 mil cap hit and go for Soucy or Greenway instead. Also depends on whether they go 4 forwards and 4 defensemen or 7 F and 3 D. They might even have some interest in Cam Talbot despite his age.
May 10, 2021 at 6:57 p.m.
Quoting: brichardson889
I think Dumba most likely, but its possible they're a little scared off by his $6 mil cap hit and go for Soucy or Greenway instead. Also depends on whether they go 4 forwards and 4 defensemen or 7 F and 3 D. They might even have some interest in Cam Talbot despite his age.

Welcome to CapFriendly! Always nice to have another new Wild fan around here.

PRO TIP: Use the quote button to reply to comments otherwise people won't always respond to you. Using the quote feature will give them a notification that allows that quoted person to see that someone replied to one of their comments and vise versa.

For what it's worth I think they protect Dumba and then make a side deal in order to protect everyone else.
brichardson889 liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 7:17 p.m.
Quoting: JayTea
Aside from no cap space to have some healthy scratch players, who does Seattle take?

In the 8-1 scenario, I've actually been leaning towards SEA taking Foligno lately. They are going to have to be a grind it out, guys with chips on their shoulders, tough to play against team. So they take Foigno, give him a letter, and build the team identity up from there over the next 3 years.
May 10, 2021 at 7:22 p.m.
Patient gm
I’m thinking parise goes for mutual contract termination like big buff did with Winnipeg. At this point in his career he knows he’s the odd man out and still wants to play and chase a cup. Nobody will take on his contract and he’s made all the real money so mutual termination and then takes 1 year deals chasing a cup like jumbo joe. Only thing I can see making sense all around with his cap hit and term
May 10, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Quoting: Lightman13
I’m thinking parise goes for mutual contract termination like big buff did with Winnipeg. At this point in his career he knows he’s the odd man out and still wants to play and chase a cup. Nobody will take on his contract and he’s made all the real money so mutual termination and then takes 1 year deals chasing a cup like jumbo joe. Only thing I can see making sense all around with his cap hit and term

Or he just stays with MN, makes $6m, and chases the Cup from the 4th line here next season. MN won't have the cap space to sign another FWD to take that spot away from him after JEE, Fiala, and Kaprizov get paid. Outside of maybe the NYI, what quality team would want Parise even at a league min deal?
May 10, 2021 at 8:00 p.m.
Patient gm
Quoting: wabit
Or he just stays with MN, makes $6m, and chases the Cup from the 4th line here next season. MN won't have the cap space to sign another FWD to take that spot away from him after JEE, Fiala, and Kaprizov get paid. Outside of maybe the NYI, what quality team would want Parise even at a league min deal?

No clue, just saying a mutual contract termination could be a possibility if he can’t stand being the odd man out as a borderline 4th liner. In that scenario everyone would win. He gets to chase his cup and we get the roster space and cap relief.
May 10, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
Banned
In the 8-1 scenario, I've actually been leaning towards SEA taking Foligno lately. They are going to have to be a grind it out, guys with chips on their shoulders, tough to play against team. So they take Foigno, give him a letter, and build the team identity up from there over the next 3 years.

Wild just signed Marcus foligno to 3 years extension which stars next year. Foligno won't be exposed. Parise will waive

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/foligno-three-year-extension-011221/c-320227716
May 10, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
Quoting: Lightman13
No clue, just saying a mutual contract termination could be a possibility if he can’t stand being the odd man out as a borderline 4th liner. In that scenario everyone would win. He gets to chase his cup and we get the roster space and cap relief.

I just don't see the positives from his perspective. Lose $6m next year in salary ($10m total), move away from his hometown club/city, and trying to find a better team than MN where he'd play for to chase a Cup.

It's not like TB, VGK, or COL will be knocking down his door. He'll be 37 next year, had tons of injury problems, has a history of being a lockerroom problem, and looks old and slow on the ice this year.
Lightman13 liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.
Patient gm
I just don't see the positives from his perspective. Lose $6m next year in salary ($10m total), move away from his hometown club/city, and trying to find a better team than MN where he'd play for to chase a Cup.

It's not like TB, VGK, or COL will be knocking down his door. He'll be 37 next year, had tons of injury problems, has a history of being a lockerroom problem, and looks old and slow on the ice this year.

Oh agree with you for sure, just don’t think he’ll have a shot to make a cup before he’s bought out or retires or whatever.
May 10, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: BrodinCheerD
Wild just signed Marcus foligno to 3 years extension which stars next year. Foligno won't be exposed. Parise will waive

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/foligno-three-year-extension-011221/c-320227716

Great expose/lose Dumba then. Something has to give for MN's roster. I could give 2 poops about who signed what, it's a numbers game. Either protect Dumba and expose Foligno and Greenway, or protect all the FWDs and expose Dumba.

GMBG doesn't have a grand plan all worked out to protect everyone and get through he expansion draft unscathed. All he can do is make his expose list and try and work something out with SEA's GM close to the draft. SEA can just as easily say, unless you give us Boldy or Rossi to pick Soucy we're just going to take who we want.
JayTea liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 10:02 p.m.
MinnesotaForever
Quoting: RazWild
Welcome to CapFriendly! Always nice to have another new Wild fan around here.

PRO TIP: Use the quote button to reply to comments otherwise people won't always respond to you. Using the quote feature will give them a notification that allows that quoted person to see that someone replied to one of their comments and vise versa.

For what it's worth I think they protect Dumba and then make a side deal in order to protect everyone else.

RazWild, thanks for the tip! I've been using CapFriendly for a few years but haven't made an account until today, so I'm glad to be part of these great discussions. CapFriendly does an awesome job keeping everything in the NHL up-to-date and having interactive features like Armchair GM. It allows us as fans to guess what might be going on in the minds of NHL GMs and executives.
JayTea liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 10:34 p.m.
Quoting: brichardson889
RazWild, thanks for the tip! I've been using CapFriendly for a few years but haven't made an account until today, so I'm glad to be part of these great discussions. CapFriendly does an awesome job keeping everything in the NHL up-to-date and having interactive features like Armchair GM. It allows us as fans to guess what might be going on in the minds of NHL GMs and executives.

A lot of it is just us fans being Armchair GM's in our own right. And a lot of it is awful, as a lot of people don't have a good sense for player values.

Stay mindful and keep a keen eye on what other commentators place value on certain trades or player values. I would also look specifically at a larger consensus among a fanbase on where they value their players over any one individual and then where the larger community at large tends to view those same players as well.

You can also use an @ symbol in front of usernames to send a notification as well. Case in point, @brichardson889.
JayTea liked this.
May 10, 2021 at 11:11 p.m.
MinnesotaForever
Quoting: RazWild
A lot of it is just us fans being Armchair GM's in our own right. And a lot of it is awful, as a lot of people don't have a good sense for player values.

Stay mindful and keep a keen eye on what other commentators place value on certain trades or player values. I would also look specifically at a larger consensus among a fanbase on where they value their players over any one individual and then where the larger community at large tends to view those same players as well.

You can also use an symbol in front of usernames to send a notification as well. Case in point, brichardson889.

@RazWild that is very true. I have been a dedicated Wild fan for over a decade and I use both analytics and the eye test to give me a very good feel for what players' values are. I generally pay very little attention to what a particular fan may value a player at because many people do not know how to value players. But at the same time, I am hopeful that I'll meet people here that watch the league closely and are able to accurately value players with an analytical eye. For example, many people actually believe that Drew Doughty is better that Jared Spurgeon. Doughty has the cups and the reputation, but Spurgeon is better than Doughty at this point in their careers, especially according to the analytics. I also pay very close attention to what coaches and GMs say because they are the ones making the decisions.
May 11, 2021 at 9:52 a.m.
14m in dead cap

I could see them wanting him, he'd be a great captain for a young team trying to establish an identity. I like Foligno and what he brings, both for some grit and his excellent defensive play, but if it's him, Greenway or Dumba, I'll drive over to the Foligno residence and help them back for Seattle.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll