Forums/Armchair-GM

Jack Eichel Comments

Created by: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: May 11, 2021
Published: May 11, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
"Listen, my No. 1 interest is Jack Eichel, you know what I mean? You gotta look after yourself. You gotta look after what's best for yourself," he said.

What a selfish player. I wish whatever team get's him next good luck. But here is a list of players who would never say something like that. Regardless of how bad their team was. Notice something in common?
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
11$81,500,000$88,294,643$0$0-$6,794,643
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$8,800,000$8,800,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 11, 2021 at 11:28 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: TheFlamingC
The thing that those guys have in common is that none of them have every played a game for the Buffalo Sabres. At the end of the day, Eichel gave the Sabres 6 years of nothing but pain for him. He only gets one NHL career. He’s got maybe 12 years left in the NHL and he doesn’t want to spend them rotting away in Buffalo. It’s his life. Give him a chance with a semi competent organization before you judge that’s he’s selfish. If he gets traded to the Rangers and still does this, he’s a selfish player. Got to give him the benefit of the doubt here

Fair statement.
TheFlamingC liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
Watches no games
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
I really like your comment. Your reasoning and your approach to this. The only thing I will say is that if I made a comment like this in my organization to the media I would be fired, then I would not be hired by any other organization in a similar role ever again. Eichel is also playing in an elite level of his profession. Compare it to a VP of a company like Amazon making these comments.

We're close then. I think Jack Eichel has two brands in mind - the Buffalo Sabres, and Jack Eichel, so I still think it's a bit different. And even if the VP of amazon would get fired, would we *want* them to get fired? Or would we appreciate honesty in large corporations? And maybe more importantly, that person would for sure get hired by another company in a similar role, cause of their skills and qualifications.

It sucks hearing those comments as a Buffalo fan, but it *should* suck. It's the Pegulas that should be on the chopping block for this, not Jack Eichel. His comments are a smytom, they're the problem.
Lenny7 and Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:36 a.m.
I'm thinking we grew up with different values and teachings. As a star NHL player you handle situations like a pro. No one is disputing placing your health first. Eichel has proven he is a selfish player right from the day he was drafted that's why this was posted. His comments about this situation cement it. Again, I wish any team that gets him good luck.

You do know the very next sentence was and the org has to do what's right for the org. This is all related to an injury dispute, or really lack of resolution to one. As far as him not being a leader or backer of the org, he had plenty of chances to rip them, including hiring an incompetent man in Krueger for a coach. Instead he said that he'll stay in touch with him. I don't like everything he's ever done, but he's matured leaps and bounds since his Bylsma days. This right here is a reach to still paint this tired narrative
Redguard191 liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
Banned
That’s taken so out of context. Trash take
Lenny7 liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Lenny7
I'm thinking we grew up with different values and teachings. As a star NHL player you handle situations like a pro. No one is disputing placing your health first. Eichel has proven he is a selfish player right from the day he was drafted that's why this was posted. His comments about this situation cement it. Again, I wish any team that gets him good luck.

I find it interesting that looking out for yourself, especially when it comes to your health and career (regardless of what that career may be) makes you selfish/a poor leader. Off the top of my head, Messier, Spezza, St. Louis, Mike Peca, Eric Lindros, Chris Pronger and Patrick Roy are all (star) players who, very publicly, demanded trades because they were looking out for themselves. Pretty confident that they continued to be excellent leaders after they were moved. You'll notice that they are all Canadian players too, eh?
May 11, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
B
Quoting: Salzy
How dare Eichel want whats best for his health and how dare he want to be on a successful team that hasnt had a bottom 3 front office over the past 15 years, these other players would NEVER

Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
You are allowed to put your own health first. My god, what's wrong with you?

It looks bad on him and the buffalo. But "nobody" knows what's been going on behind closed doors for the last few years. Most likely gave them an ultimatum/timeline and obviously time's
up. Going public is the last option and seems to be here. I'm sure his plan is not wasting away in buffalo. At the same time, he doesn't seem like the right target as leader of an up & coming NYR. No chance we strip the farm, not worth it.
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll