Forums/Armchair-GM

Jack Eichel Comments

Created by: Faulk_my_Dzingel
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: May 11, 2021
Published: May 11, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
"Listen, my No. 1 interest is Jack Eichel, you know what I mean? You gotta look after yourself. You gotta look after what's best for yourself," he said.

What a selfish player. I wish whatever team get's him next good luck. But here is a list of players who would never say something like that. Regardless of how bad their team was. Notice something in common?
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
11$81,500,000$88,294,643$0$0-$6,794,643
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$8,800,000$8,800,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 11, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Captains
Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
cautious optimism
I was never really interested in Eichel in union blue, but i would have tolerated it (top line center = good). This definitely solidified my opinion: I don't want him down here.
May 11, 2021 at 10:59 a.m.
It's a dispute over a neck injury that the team won't allow him to get surgery for.

Way to only take part of the quote
Salzy, Lenny7, Devil and 2 others liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: Gmonwy
Captains

One other big piece too.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
I was never really interested in Eichel in union blue, but i would have tolerated it (top line center = good). This definitely solidified my opinion: I don't want him down here.

Because he wants surgery for a neck injury and the team won't let him?
NYRxLundqvist and Salzy liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Canes fan
Jordan Staal should be here too.
May 11, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Because he wants surgery for a neck injury and the team won't let him?

I didn't see the whole context until just now. I feel bad for saying that now
May 11, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
One other big piece too.

Highest paid player?
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mcdavidssocks
Canadians?
Faulk_my_Dzingel and CD282 liked this.
Smythe.over.Hart
It's a dispute over a neck injury that the team won't allow him to get surgery for.

Way to only take part of the quote

Nope. I didn't miss anything. You just simply don't say that. You handle things like a pro in all situations.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Save Mcdavid
One other big piece too.

Their all Canadian?
Mods have power egos
If anything Buffalo management should be ashamed for telling their star play to just play through it. No wonder he wants out of there
Salzy and LeafsFanZay liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:03 a.m.
Log off the internet
Because of a neck injury? Wow
Salzy and LeafsFanZay liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:04 a.m.
How dare Eichel want whats best for his health and how dare he want to be on a successful team that hasnt had a bottom 3 front office over the past 15 years, these other players would NEVER
LeafsFanZay, Devil, LeafsFanForSomeReason and 1 other person liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:05 a.m.
Nope. I didn't miss anything. You just simply don't say that. You handle things like a pro in all situations.

You are allowed to put your own health first. My god, what's wrong with you?
Gmonwy, Salzy, LeafsFanZay and 6 others liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:07 a.m.
The only thing that I see that these players have in common is that they don’t have to deal with being a Sabre.
JGCAHC and Salzy liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart

I'm not disputing that at all. But while doing that you don't slam your organization. Especially as a "leader" on your team. Remember he signed the 8 year deal in Buffalo... You make that move you are responsible to stick with your team and it's decisions through and through.
May 11, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
I'm not disputing that at all. But while doing that you don't slam your organization. Especially as a "leader" on your team. Remember he signed the 8 year deal in Buffalo... You make that move you are responsible to stick with your team and it's decisions through and through.

No, you aren't. Especially when it pertains to your own health
May 11, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.

Signing a contract doesnt mean you need to blindly support the team and their decisions, Eichel wants whats best for himself and his career, and Buffalo isnt that. He expects the team to do everything they can to make them successful, which they have not. He has every right to be upset, if any of the above players had to deal with what he has who knows how they would react, You certainly do not know how any of these players would react if put in Eichels situation and its silly to claim you do
May 11, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Lenny7

This x 100.

Plus, not to take this to the next level or anything, but the OP basically making a xenophobic post because he doesn't like the guy is pretty over the top. Plenty of Canadians have demanded trades, made themselves look dumb in the media, or just been downright @ssholes.
May 11, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
Watches no games
In life, you have to look out for yourself. Who else will, the owners of the franchise? They won't pay you if you become a bad player all of a sudden. The coach? Same goes for him, you're on the bench if you play worse. So if you play well, it's kind of expected you'll earn money and opportunity.

Most of these players don't have to complain about their franchise cause they haven't been ran into the ground. At some point, you can only do so much as an elite player. I'm sure we can find a frustrated comment from Sid or even Bergy from when their teams weren't at their top. The Buffalo Sabres are one of the worst managed teams in all of sports. There is so much incompetence going around, and so much talent being wasted and let go of, that you at some point from the perspective of their current and only superstar have to wonder "will this change while I'm here?"

At the same time people bash Taylor Hall for being fine with playing in unsuccessful markets. "Does he even want to win?". Well Jack Eichel wants to win, but now that's upsetting too. Everyone's a hypocrite. Let the players look out for themselves. If the company you worked for was horribly run you'd expect to have the opportunity to leave. The entire draft system and expectation of a player to go play anywhere across a continent, for any level of incompetence in management is hilarious considering what most people on here do for a living. And that's not including the actual children that make up for most of this board, that not only don't have to contemplate the idea of working for a horrendously ran business, but that don't even have to contemplate working at all.
May 11, 2021 at 11:22 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: Lenny7
This x 100.

Plus, not to take this to the next level or anything, but the OP basically making a xenophobic post because he doesn't like the guy is pretty over the top. Plenty of Canadians have demanded trades, made themselves look dumb in the media, or just been downright @ssholes.

Quoting: Salzy
Signing a contract doesnt mean you need to blindly support the team and their decisions, Eichel wants whats best for himself and his career, and Buffalo isnt that. He expects the team to do everything they can to make them successful, which they have not. He has every right to be upset, if any of the above players had to deal with what he has who knows how they would react, You certainly do not know how any of these players would react if put in Eichels situation and its silly to claim you do

No, you aren't. Especially when it pertains to your own health

I'm thinking we grew up with different values and teachings. As a star NHL player you handle situations like a pro. No one is disputing placing your health first. Eichel has proven he is a selfish player right from the day he was drafted that's why this was posted. His comments about this situation cement it. Again, I wish any team that gets him good luck.
May 11, 2021 at 11:25 a.m.
Jack Eichel taking care of himself with injuries is selfish? No. Eichel was playing in a failed system under then-head coach Ralph Krueger, and sustained injuries that caught up during the 2020-2021 season.
Lenny7 and Gmonwy liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
The thing that those guys have in common is that none of them have every played a game for the Buffalo Sabres. At the end of the day, Eichel gave the Sabres 6 years of nothing but pain for him. He only gets one NHL career. He’s got maybe 12 years left in the NHL and he doesn’t want to spend them rotting away in Buffalo. It’s his life. Give him a chance with a semi competent organization before you judge that’s he’s selfish. If he gets traded to the Rangers and still does this, he’s a selfish player. Got to give him the benefit of the doubt here
Faulk_my_Dzingel and Lenny7 liked this.
May 11, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: MelonVK
In life, you have to look out for yourself. Who else will, the owners of the franchise? They won't pay you if you become a bad player all of a sudden. The coach? Same goes for him, you're on the bench if you play worse. So if you play well, it's kind of expected you'll earn money and opportunity.

Most of these players don't have to complain about their franchise cause they haven't been ran into the ground. At some point, you can only do so much as an elite player. I'm sure we can find a frustrated comment from Sid or even Bergy from when their teams weren't at their top. The Buffalo Sabres are one of the worst managed teams in all of sports. There is so much incompetence going around, and so much talent being wasted and let go of, that you at some point from the perspective of their current and only superstar have to wonder "will this change while I'm here?"

At the same time people bash Taylor Hall for being fine with playing in unsuccessful markets. "Does he even want to win?". Well Jack Eichel wants to win, but now that's upsetting too. Everyone's a hypocrite. Let the players look out for themselves. If the company you worked for was horribly run you'd expect to have the opportunity to leave. The entire draft system and expectation of a player to go play anywhere across a continent, for any level of incompetence in management is hilarious considering what most people on here do for a living. And that's not including the actual children that make up for most of this board, that not only don't have to contemplate the idea of working for a horrendously ran business, but that don't even have to contemplate working at all.

I really like your comment. Your reasoning and your approach to this. The only thing I will say is that if I made a comment like this in my organization to the media I would be fired, then I would not be hired by any other organization in a similar role ever again. Eichel is also playing in an elite level of his profession. Compare it to a VP of a company like Amazon making these comments.
MelonVK liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll