BUF
  1. Basse, Dominic [Reserve List]
  2. Dach, Kirby
  3. Kubalik, Dominik
  4. 2021 1st round pick (CHI)
WPG
  1. Eakin, Cody ($1,000,000 retained)
  2. Reinhart, Sam [RFA Rights]
  3. Ristolainen, Rasmus ($2,000,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$58,068,917$113,916$7,470,000$23,431,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
RW, LW
RFA - 4
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA
Logo of the New York Islanders
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 13, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
Right now, Eichel is coming off of a bad year with only 2 goals and has a neck/spine injury. Not sure the Hawks give up a future 1C, lottery pick and a 30 goal scorer but in theory the trade on paper is relatively fair.
May 13, 2021 at 10:18 a.m.
Isles7
Isles decline
Warrior24 and ThomasChaney liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 10:29 a.m.
Jetsfan
That Jets trade is bad...we got Dubois to play 2C. We dont want a winger to replace him
May 13, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.
Quoting: Jetman
That Jets trade is bad...we got Dubois to play 2C. We dont want a winger to replace him

The Sabres drafted Reinhart as a center and this year with Eichel out he played as a center and played at a pretty good level probably better than Dubois played center this year -in the long term who knows, I thought Dubois was on his way to becoming a really good center but he's had two consecutive down seasons, right now he's probably behind Lowery - this is just me trying to swap out the team.
May 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Byfield isn’t getting traded
May 13, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Right now, Eichel is coming off of a bad year with only 2 goals and has a neck/spine injury. Not sure the Hawks give up a future 1C, lottery pick and a 30 goal scorer but in theory the trade on paper is relatively fair.

Eichel's ppg this season 0.86. The only Chicago players with a higher ppg were Kane and DeBrincat. I do agree that his bad back will bring his value down but just like signing UFAs someone is always willing to overpay.
May 13, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
Quoting: KINGS67
Byfield isn’t getting traded

For Rasmus Dahlin he is
May 13, 2021 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
For Rasmus Dahlin he is

basically any players in the league except of McDavid is getting trade if Dahlin is involved
TheFlamingC liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
Quoting: aedoran
Eichel's ppg this season 0.86. The only Chicago players with a higher ppg were Kane and DeBrincat. I do agree that his bad back will bring his value down but just like signing UFAs someone is always willing to overpay.

Eichel's neck injury is story is getting way overblown, he had a herniated disk in his neck which sounds bad and is bad but he had the mildest form - which basically the disk has been compressed but hasn't been ruptured or loss integrity, it's painful and can cause some numbness but should return to normal with rest and therapy - Jack said in his interview he couldn't get therapy because of covid- watch the interview Jack might be unhappy but he shows no pain or immobility in his neck - the disk replacement surgery sounds insane - it would be like having your feet cut off and replaced with carbon fiber because you had blisters.
May 13, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
No from Winnipeg. The Jets give up the best player, a decent young defenseman and a nice prospect and get two players they don't need and a cap dump in return.
Carterman13 liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.

Kane also had a down season as he said in his exit interview and has been injured the entire year, his goal totals took a big slump as such and the eye test would say he definitely didn't look himself for a third of more of the games. Nonetheless, Eichel is no Kane so far, and likely never will be that high of an "elite" talent...very few players ever are in that category (Matthews, Crosby, McDavid, Ovy types of players).

Cat showed this season he's a dynamic all around two way guy, very good defensively also while putting up over a ppg and being on pace for 50 goals scored, Eichel hasn't yet proven that kind of complete player yet despite being a year older and 2 more NHL seasons under his belt. I just don't see Cat for Eichel a good trade for the Hawks; I'd rather have Cat on my team even if Eichel was healthy given the major step Debrincat took as a all-around player; just don't think the Hawks should entertain that trade.

I do see Dach, a 1st, and a player like Reichel, Kubalik, Strome, or Suter as fair value for Eichel. That said, to a rebuilding team like the Hawks, are 3 very good A (A-) young assets equal to one franchise player? I don't think so personally but on paper the value is there for Buffalo who's in a complete crap show organizationally. If Eichel wants out, he clearly does, that won't end up well for Buffalo if they don't move him and (3) A/A- young assets, just like in the Hawks situation, is more valuable then 1 franchise asset who is whining and crying about being in Buffalo. I'm sure there is a team that will give up (4) A (A-) assets but not as easy to do given those teams that have those attractive assets are rebuilding themselves. NYR is likely the best candidate, maybe Detroit.

Buffalo is simply in a bad spot and the organization has been such a disaster in how they draft, develop talent, and who they bring in as UFA or trades and for how much. At this point, no player wants to play in Buffalo which ultimately costs the organization. Until they can change that, they are in a dark hole and it starts with handling their young talent pool better.
thesaadfather liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Eichel's neck injury is story is getting way overblown, he had a herniated disk in his neck which sounds bad and is bad but he had the mildest form - which basically the disk has been compressed but hasn't been ruptured or loss integrity, it's painful and can cause some numbness but should return to normal with rest and therapy - Jack said in his interview he couldn't get therapy because of covid- watch the interview Jack might be unhappy but he shows no pain or immobility in his neck - the disk replacement surgery sounds insane - it would be like having your feet cut off and replaced with carbon fiber because you had blisters.

Have you ever had problems with your back? Have you ever had to seek medical treatment for back related problems? Any one who has had back surgery will tell you that it's a temporary fix and more than likely you will it won't be your only one. Now I'm not a doctor but inserting an implant instead of fusing vertebrae together which creates new problems. That doesn't seem insane to me at all and from this comment "it would be like having your feet cut off and replaced with carbon fiber because you had blisters." It's obvious you have no idea what the surgery entails. I know you are smarter than that comment make you sound so please google It and read about it before making any more comments like that. Like my previous post was just repeating what I read and heard in an interview with Elliot Friedman and I'm not taking a side and I'm quite happy that I don't have to. In the interview Friedman listed the names of the MMA fighters that have had the surgery and returned successfully to the octagon.
May 13, 2021 at 4:09 p.m.
Kane also had a down season as he said in his exit interview and has been injured the entire year, his goal totals took a big slump as such and the eye test would say he definitely didn't look himself for a third of more of the games. Nonetheless, Eichel is no Kane so far, and likely never will be that high of an "elite" talent...very few players ever are in that category (Matthews, Crosby, McDavid, Ovy types of players).

Cat showed this season he's a dynamic all around two way guy, very good defensively also while putting up over a ppg and being on pace for 50 goals scored, Eichel hasn't yet proven that kind of complete player yet despite being a year older and 2 more NHL seasons under his belt. I just don't see Cat for Eichel a good trade for the Hawks; I'd rather have Cat on my team even if Eichel was healthy given the major step Debrincat took as a all-around player; just don't think the Hawks should entertain that trade.

I do see Dach, a 1st, and a player like Reichel, Kubalik, Strome, or Suter as fair value for Eichel. That said, to a rebuilding team like the Hawks, are 3 very good A (A-) young assets equal to one franchise player? I don't think so personally but on paper the value is there for Buffalo who's in a complete crap show organizationally. If Eichel wants out, he clearly does, that won't end up well for Buffalo if they don't move him and (3) A/A- young assets, just like in the Hawks situation, is more valuable then 1 franchise asset who is whining and crying about being in Buffalo. I'm sure there is a team that will give up (4) A (A-) assets but not as easy to do given those teams that have those attractive assets are rebuilding themselves. NYR is likely the best candidate, maybe Detroit.

Buffalo is simply in a bad spot and the organization has been such a disaster in how they draft, develop talent, and who they bring in as UFA or trades and for how much. At this point, no player wants to play in Buffalo which ultimately costs the organization. Until they can change that, they are in a dark hole and it starts with handling their young talent pool better.

I never said he was better than either of them and I also never said Chicago should trade for him. You said he had a bad season and I just pointed out that he had a ppg 0.86 and the only reason I brought up Kane and DeBrincat was for perspective. A comment like that taken out of context is misleading. Yes Eichel did have a bad season compared to his previous seasons but with a .86 ppg his bad season is still more productive than most NHL players will ever have. He won't end up in Detroit because what Detroit would have to give up for him they would basically be starting their rebuild over again.

I agree Buffalo is in a very bad spot right now and I know exactly how their fans feel. As a Lions fan we go through what the Buffalo fans are going through right now but we go through it just about every 4 years.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 4:15 p.m.
I never said he was better than either of them and I also never said Chicago should trade for him. You said he had a bad season and I just pointed out that he had a ppg 0.86 and the only reason I brought up Kane and DeBrincat was for perspective. A comment like that taken out of context is misleading. Yes Eichel did have a bad season compared to his previous seasons but with a .86 ppg his bad season is still more productive than most NHL players will ever have. He won't end up in Detroit because what Detroit would have to give up for him they would basically be starting their rebuild over again.

I agree Buffalo is in a very bad spot right now and I know exactly how their fans feel. As a Lions fan we go through what the Buffalo fans are going through right now but we go through it just about every 4 years.

I just don't think that eichel is going to get much more then what is offered here. Eichel wants out, everyone knows it, Buffalo has put themselves in a jam again. He will get traded but 3 or 4 A/A- assets is what they will get IMO. They certainly won't get a better asset or equal such as Debrincat...teams generally aren't interested in a lateral move.
aedoran liked this.
May 13, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
I just don't think that eichel is going to get much more then what is offered here. Eichel wants out, everyone knows it, Buffalo has put themselves in a jam again. He will get traded but 3 or 4 A/A- assets is what they will get IMO. They certainly won't get a better asset or equal such as Debrincat...teams generally aren't interested in a lateral move.

I agree Chicago wouldn't and shouldn't give what Buffalo is asking for. As far as the other teams go I still think we might see a team shell out big for Eichel. There is always a team willing to overpay a UFA and since Eichel is only 24. But that last part is just my opinion and I wouldn't bet on it.
May 13, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
For Rasmus Dahlin he is

Lol, I’d rather have werenski

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll