SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

May 31, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not a weird statistic or anything, but the team who won game was 6-2 in round 1.
May 31, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Devil1122
Sorrygrimace

It’s fine. I guess it depends how much we get Kyle Connered like we did in the regular season that will determine how far the habs go. If we can shut down Connor/Ehlers like we did with McDavid/Draisaitl in the regular season and Matthews/Marner in the 1st round, I like our chances.
May 31, 2021 at 11:35 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

Is Dom Duches secretly a genius⁉️
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, KSIxSKULLS and 3 others liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
Really should create a forum for venting about your own team.

I'd make that my homepage.

Blake Comeau would be even more at risk if that happens. I’d make it mine too.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 12:50 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

This is so true
Devil, maplelaughs2297, rangersandislesfan and 6 others liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 1:17 a.m.
sbinalla
Quoting: yikes
Yo I really hate Sheldon Keefes comments.

Dude said it’s; really sad and disappointing and hes basically crying??

If I’m the Coach I would be mad? We stunk? Keefe should be pissed at a poor series by a good team.

he should be pissed
Jun. 1, 2021 at 1:17 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: AndrewLadd

This is so true

This is literally what I was thinking
Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:03 a.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
3-1 Habs
4-3 Isles

WOW!!! Well done my friend. 2 for 2 on the night with exact scores! And here I thought I was bold by just picking the Habs to win, lol.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:12 a.m.
I think we're about to witness one of the great Goalie matchups in recent memory in the 2nd Round between MTL and WPG. Not sure how the Habs will manufacture offense, but I'm loving vintage Carey Price.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 5:16 a.m.
I don’t check this thread for 1 leafs game and i have 12 pages to catch up on, Jesus, also LFG, Habs, we’re gonna get smoked by Winnipeg but whatever we won a round that’s more than I expected
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:41 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
WOW!!! Well done my friend. 2 for 2 on the night with exact scores! And here I thought I was bold by just picking the Habs to win, lol.

Lol, I mean you guess 100 times.hopefully you get one right
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 7:07 a.m.
Jack Campbell called Brendan Gallagher’s goal “the worst goal of my career”

Ouch buddy. I feel for you
A_Habs_fan and yikes liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 7:27 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I don’t check this thread for 1 leafs game and i have 12 pages to catch up on, Jesus, also LFG, Habs, we’re gonna get smoked by Winnipeg but whatever we won a round that’s more than I expected

As soon as it got to game 7! It was over before it started
maplelaughs2297 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 7:28 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Jack Campbell called Brendan Gallagher’s goal “the worst goal of my career”

Ouch buddy. I feel for you

It was a bad goal but he’s the last player I’m criticizing. He’s one of the only ones who showed up this series
MitchMarner_16 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 7:49 a.m.
Quoting: DougieGilmour
It was a bad goal but he’s the last player I’m criticizing. He’s one of the only ones who showed up this series

Yup. These guys have to be better, but I think this one is on the coaches.

After a few Games, Montreal adapted and figured out how to can our offence and beat us. Our coaches didn’t try to figure their game out or adjust to their style of play. We didn’t adapt to their style of play, and we kept throwing ourselves at them but they knew how to stop it.

We should’ve changed our strategy to beat their defensive system.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
I feel like the Leafs have to undergo some changes, at this point, you can't not blame it on players performance/Keefe
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:06 a.m.
I feel like the Leafs have to undergo some changes, at this point, you can't not blame it on players performance/Keefe

People also forget that we were without our 2C for the series, so this really isn’t a good showing of the whole team
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:12 a.m.
Guys, I know why health workers were allowed into last nights game

Doug Ford allowed 550 healthcare workers into game seven so that when the leafs choke, help is nearby.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:19 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Yup. These guys have to be better, but I think this one is on the coaches.

After a few Games, Montreal adapted and figured out how to can our offence and beat us. Our coaches didn’t try to figure their game out or adjust to their style of play. We didn’t adapt to their style of play, and we kept throwing ourselves at them but they knew how to stop it.

We should’ve changed our strategy to beat their defensive system.

Out coached.
BuFfaLOFaN, MitchMarner_16, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:36 a.m.
WentWughes
It's crazy that Leaf fans on twitter think that Matthews and Marner just disappeared and stopped trying. They continue to look past Danault's elite level defensive game.
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, Kotkaniemi15 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:38 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It's crazy that Leaf fans on twitter think that Matthews and Marner just disappeared and stopped trying. They continue to look past Danault's elite level defensive game.

Also how people were saying the Danault-Gallagher line sucked when sure they weren't doing much offensively but were containing the Leafs top guys
KSIxSKULLS and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:40 a.m.
WentWughes
Also how people were saying the Danault-Gallagher line sucked when sure they weren't doing much offensively but were containing the Leafs top guys

I don't know how they call themselves hockey fans and don't understand how that works. The Leafs media has them brainwashed into thinking every game should be a pure, all-out high scoring game. There's levels that they clearly don't understand.
A_Habs_fan and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:55 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
I don't know how they call themselves hockey fans and don't understand how that works. The Leafs media has them brainwashed into thinking every game should be a pure, all-out high scoring game. There's levels that they clearly don't understand.

I think you’re also brainwashed lmao.

Danault did play fantastic. And it’s false to say “matthews lost to danault????” in a surprised or rude way. As losing to danault isn’t a “slight”. He’s a great two way player that you shouldn’t be shocked by how good he is. He’s been good for a while.

But you also cant fault someone for just saying how bad they played. Marner continued to slam his head into a wall. Dumb plays, and trying the same thing over and over with a same result (turnover or just making a bad play).

Matthews is an elite goal scorer who is better than 0 shots lol? He as well just didn’t do anything.

They also produced zero high danger shots across two periods. That’s due to MTL and TOR. MTL wanted it more and played hard, Toronto played bad and got out played by a team who played like a team.

Don’t get me wrong; the Habs were the better team. But saying everyone’s stupid for saying an elite player sucked is pretty dumb as well. When you have guys who are elite and young and also signed to big money. You pay them to find a way to produce. And they didn’t. They did in the regular season and they couldn’t now. They also just looked bad. And that could be do to mentality and being annoyed by danault and the D. But that’s still the players fault for mentally blocking themselves. Part of the game is the mental side; and those two were lost in their heads. Which is not a slight to MTL.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:05 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: yikes
I think you’re also brainwashed lmao.

Danault did play fantastic. And it’s false to say “matthews lost to danault????” in a surprised or rude way. As losing to danault isn’t a “slight”. He’s a great two way player that you shouldn’t be shocked by how good he is. He’s been good for a while.

But you also can fault someone for just saying how bad they played. Marner continued to slam his head into a wall. Dumb plays, and trying the same thing over and over with a same result (turnover or just making a bad play).

Matthews is an elite goal scorer who is better than 0 shots lol?

Don’t get me wrong; the Habs were the better team. But saying everyone’s stupid for saying and elite player sucked is pretty dumb as well. When you have guys who are elite and young and also signed to big money. You pay them to find a way to produce. And they didn’t. They did in the regular season and they couldn’t now. They also just looked bad. And that could be do to mentality and being annoyed by danault and the D. But that’s still the players fault for mentally blocking themselves.

It's absolutely correct to say Matthews lost to Danault. Danault's assignment as the shutdown center was to shutdown Matthews-Marner and he did exactly that. He was heavily matched up against him and did exactly what was expected. Danault stopped Matthews from scoring = He won.

It's hard to make a good play when there's no open ice to make those plays. Habs played well in the neutral and defensive zone to block out any opportunities that worked so well for the Leafs in the regular season.

I'm not sure what "Matthews is an elite goal scorer who is better than 0 shots lol?". Matthews was consistently forced to the corners and board while he had possession of the puck and when he did get a shot from the slot, the Habs players got in front of the puck and took away the shot (or Price made a big time save).

Like i said in my previous post, the Leafs were out coached. Keefe didn't try to get Matthews and Marner away from Danault, he just threw them out there and you saw what happened. Keefe overlooked Montreal and payed for it (likely his job).
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.
It's absolutely correct to say Matthews lost to Danault. Danault's assignment as the shutdown center was to shutdown Matthews-Marner and he did exactly that. He was heavily matched up against him and did exactly what was expected. Danault stopped Matthews from scoring = He won.

It's hard to make a good play when there's no open ice to make those plays. Habs played well in the neutral and defensive zone to block out any opportunities that worked so well for the Leafs in the regular season.

I'm not sure what "Matthews is an elite goal scorer who is better than 0 shots lol?". Matthews was consistently forced to the corners and board while he had possession of the puck and when he did get a shot from the slot, the Habs players got in front of the puck and took away the shot (or Price made a big time save).

Like i said in my previous post, the Leafs were out coached. Keefe didn't try to get Matthews and Marner away from Danault, he just threw them out there and you saw what happened. Keefe overlooked Montreal and payed for it (likely his job).

You already misinterpreted what I said. People act like losing to danault Is a slight; which is false. Like I said, danault is good and people shouldn’t be surprised or talk bad on Danault.

“And it’s false to say “matthews lost to danault????” in a surprised or rude way.”. We are on the same page. Danault did his assignment and he was good. That DOES not mean his opponent “was playing at their best”, because they weren’t lol. And he is part of the reason they weren’t. But doesn’t mean you can’t blame the players for playing poorly in a series.

You can’t say the leafs played good. Watch the Boston NYI game. Both teams played good. Just a quick example maybe not the best. But the leafs did not play good hockey. Don’t think I’m trashing MTL. MTL still coulda won if TOR played well in game 7. But doesn’t mean you can point out a flaw in the other team.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll