Mock Draft (trades enabled)

Mock Draft (trades enabled)

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Z0ra
Published: May 17, 2021 at 12:08 p.m.
Description
{Flames trade 11th pick to Jets for 18th pick and 2021 3rd round pick}
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Senators draft a forward that is the perfect complement to Stutzle. Have Stutzle as the passer and Guenther as the finisher.
2Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-With the Eichel trade speculation, the Sabres draft a center with top-line potential. Beniers is arguably the most complete player in the draft.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks draft a sniper to play alongside Zegras. Even though Eklund is undersized, he does have top-line potential.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-The Kraken go for the BPA, regardless of position.
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Hughes will 100% percent go to Canucks if he's available.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Besides Ty Smith, the Devils have no young left-shot defenseman with top-four potential. After going off-the-board last year, they should also take the BPA available.
7Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-A bit off-the-board here, but Sillinger solves the Blue Jackets center depth problems and their scoring issues. He has NHL bloodlines and is also a very talented goal-scorer with great IQ.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman loves taking goalies. He did that with Vasilevskiy, so I have him doing the same thing here with Wallstedt.
9Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-The Kings have a deep prospect pool, here I have them taking the perfect complement to Byfield or Turcotte.
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-The Sharks need everything. If Wallstedt is available here, they should 100% take him. Since Wallstedt is taken, it would be off-the-board to take Cossa, so instead I have them taking the BPA regardless of position.
11Logo of the Calgary Flames-THIS IS THE JETS PICK (see trade above)!!!!! The Jets are obviously weak on the back end, and it is rumored that Chevy wants a right-shot defenseman. Clarke is the best one available in the draft.
12Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
13Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The Hawks need right-shot defenseman or right-wingers. Ceulemans would be off-the-board, so instead I have the Blackhawks taking Lucius. He projects to be a solid right-winger in the NHL.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-I have the Flyers taking BPA available, regardless of position.
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Canadiens center depth is thin after Kotkaniemi and Suzuki. Bourgault is the best center available at the moment.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues take a defenseman that could become close to replacing Pietrangelo. Regardless, the Blues should take a defenseman.
17Logo of the Dallas Stars-The Stars go for the BPA available, regardless of position.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-THIS IS THE FLAMES PICK (see trade above)!!!! The Flames get the perfect complement to Zary.
19Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers get the perfect complement to Lafreniere.
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Predators solve their goal-scoring issues with this puck.
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Cossa is 100% percent going to Edmonton. Smith and Koskinen aren't getting any younger.
22Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersThe Devils are lacking physicality up front. L'Heureux is the best power forward in the draft.
23Logo of the Boston Bruins-The reports surrounding Boston is that they are having trouble scoring goals. Othmann is a talented goal-scorer and can fix this issue.
24Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsThe Red Wings get a defenseman that can play alongside Seider.
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe GM for Columbus loves taking Finnish players. That theme will continue with this pick.
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild get a defenseman that scouts compare to Ryan Suter.
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Blue Jackets draft a defenseman after taking two forwards in the first round.
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avalanche draft the BPA available, regardless of position.
29Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Wild add to their weak center depth with this pick.
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-The depth on defense behind Ekblad is very thin. The Panthers should draft the best defenseman available.
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The reports surrounding the Hurricanes say that they should draft a defenseman. They take Morrow here.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-The Golden Knights draft the BPA, regardless of position.
May 17, 2021 at 1:43 p.m.
Love Fabian Lysell for the Kings, and it would be interesting to see whether the Kings go with him or Brandt Clarke in this scenario.

I don't think a 3rd is enough to move up 7 spots in a draft that is expected to have a dropoff at around 10-12.
Z0ra liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
Banned
Once again Vancouver can not pick at the 5 spots, With their OT loss yesterday they're locked in at either 9th or 10th if they win out. The only way Vancouver could draft Hughes is if they get either the 1st or 2nd overall pick and i doubt very much that happens.
Z0ra liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Canes fan
Great mock! I think Clarke would be a great fit with the Jets and same with Morrow and the Canes.
Z0ra liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Mactavish would look great in Ranger blue!
Z0ra liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Once again Vancouver can not pick at the 5 spots, With their OT loss yesterday they're locked in at either 9th or 10th if they win out. The only way Vancouver could draft Hughes is if they get either the 1st or 2nd overall pick and i doubt very much that happens.

Yeah, the site hasn't updated it yet. The Stars and Rangers aren't even at the right spots. They should be around 14 or 15.
May 17, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Dzinger18
Great mock! I think Clarke would be a great fit with the Jets and same with Morrow and the Canes.

If the Jets don't trade up, they will 100% percent take Lambos.
Zinger liked this.
May 17, 2021 at 2:24 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Love Fabian Lysell for the Kings, and it would be interesting to see whether the Kings go with him or Brandt Clarke in this scenario.

I don't think a 3rd is enough to move up 7 spots in a draft that is expected to have a dropoff at around 10-12.

Thank you!

Both Clarke and Lysell will help them out either way. I went with Lysell because the Kings have Doughty as their right-shot defenseman.
May 17, 2021 at 2:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: christianyog
Yeah, the site hasn't updated it yet. The Stars and Rangers aren't even at the right spots. They should be around 14 or 15.

I go with Tankathon they always have it updated once the games are complete. They're pretty good with the current standings and odds.
May 17, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: christianyog
If the Jets don't trade up, they will 100% percent take Lambos.

I have them taking Lambos around 20 in most of my mocks. I might try one with trades like you did.
May 17, 2021 at 2:53 p.m.
I think this is a very good mock but your explanation for Yzerman taking a goalie is in accurate. While I do think Yzerman could take Wallstedt depending on draft position and who is left. But he has only taken 1 goalie in the 1st round and it was his 2nd pick in the 1st (19th OA) . Even now looking back at the 2012 draft the players taken after Vasilevskiy in the 1st to midway through the 2nd round there really isn't a player who is better than him. Vasilevskiy is arguably the best goalie in the NHL now personally I think he is the 2nd best behind Hellebuyck. TB at that time was in far better shape than the Wing's are now. In the 20 drafts Yzerman has only drafted a goalie in the 1st rd and with the other factors in play then saying Yzerman loves taking goalies is about as accurate as saying AA is a 30 goal scorer.
May 17, 2021 at 3:54 p.m.
If the chips fell this way...
Devils take Brandt Clarke at #6
Then Carson Lambos at #21/22
May 18, 2021 at 4:55 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: NYR_1
Mactavish would look great in Ranger blue!

If McTavish is on the board at 17 (or wherever Dallas picks, unless it's a lottery spot) & the Stars don't pick him, Nill should fire himself. If I'm Dallas & he somehow falls to me in the mid-late teens, I am skipping to podium, singing songs, and thanking the rest of the NHL for not drafting him towards the back end of the top-10 or in the early double digits, which is where he should be going

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll