SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

What are Matthews and Marner doing?

May 22, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
Matthews and Marner are unnoticeable so far in the playoffs. Like, they should have 5 points each.
May 22, 2021 at 8:22 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Brad21
Matthews and Marner are unnoticeable so far in the playoffs. Like, they should have 5 points each.

This aged well...

Matthews just scored, assisted by Marner.
SadSensFan14 liked this.
May 22, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
Quoting: Saskleaf
This aged well...

Matthews just scored, assisted by Marner.

Then they both asisted on Sandin's goal aswell. I know.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 23, 2021 at 12:08 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Brad21
Then they both asisted on Sandin's goal aswell. I know.

I still think marner looks awful. But Matthews has looked great in both games.
May 23, 2021 at 7:53 a.m.
Edited May 23, 2021 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: GenXHockey
I still think marner looks awful. But Matthews has looked great in both games.

One thing about Marner...its Play-offs against MTL who are leading League hitters, so you can imagine how they are shutting them down.....half of TML Team is playing like walking on eggs when they are in puck possesion cause they know its coming for them. Marner with his height and weight looks as great as he can in those conditions.

When they are off the puck, i hope every game will look like that Game 2 yesterday, tho some of those hits still looked pansy.

Im yielding here about Matthews in the moment and my eternal criticism of him ( on top of everlasting salary bitterness on my side )..kid finally stopped acting as movie superstar amassing his Points for the Stats pages and he started to throw himself around....Ovechkin analogies and comparisons can finally take place as justified, tho still on diapers level, but if he will keep progressing in mentioned element of game....
GenXHockey and SadSensFan14 liked this.
May 23, 2021 at 9:31 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Edited May 24, 2021 at 2:56 p.m.
Quoting: Laudan
One thing about Marner...its Play-offs against MTL who are leading League hitters, so you can imagine how they are shutting them down.....half of TML Team is playing like walking on eggs when they are in puck possesion cause they know its coming for them. Marner with his height and weight looks as great as he can in those conditions.

When they are off the puck, i hope every game will look like that Game 2 yesterday, tho some of those hits still looked pansy.

Im yielding here about Matthews in the moment and my eternal criticism of him ( on top of everlasting salary bitterness on my side )..kid finally stopped acting as movie superstar amassing his Points for the Stats pages and he started to throw himself around....Ovechkin analogies and comparisons can finally take place as justified, tho still on diapers level, but if he will keep progressing in mentioned element of game....

Marner is 6 foot 175lbs. No excuse for being afraid. Even nylander is in there throwing hits and taking them as usual. It’s not just the physical part that is the issue. He’s just not sharp.

Mathews on the other hand is a beast. Adds something new to his bag of tools every season. This year he wanted to be more physical. The guy never takes a shift off.
SadSensFan14 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll