1$750,000
1$750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Lysell, Fabian
3$925,000
Trades
OTT
    According to Bruce Garrioch:

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/garrioch-its-up-to-logan-brown-to-determine-where-his-career-is-headed
    SEA
    1. Brown, Logan
    Additional Details:
    This leads to me believe:

1. That Logan Brown has virtually no trade value

2. That Chris Tierney is getting protected from Expansion Draft

3. That Logan Brown's potential of being a quality centre for Ottawa is long gone.

4. That Logan Brown will probably play for Belleville or somewhere in the ECHL until he becomes a UFA if he's not picked up by Seattle in the expansion draft.

5. That Logan Brown's career as a hockey player is tainted and severely limited by nagging injuries that have plagued him since junior, specifically injuries to his back.

6. That Logan Brown is a bust.

7. That Logan Brown is a complete waste of a 1st round pick (and a 3rd round pick) from the 2016 Draft.

And that's that :(
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the NSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$60,210,083$0$4,507,500$21,289,917

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 7
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $4,725,000$4,725,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $3,600,000$3,600,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $749,250$749,250
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 4
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 7
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 24, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.
    Your favorite Ranger
    Rangers will give you a 7th pick for him
    May 24, 2021 at 3:21 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: NYRFan92360244
    Rangers will give you a 7th pick for him

Last week, a couple of Rangers fans commenting on one of my ACGM posts offered packages that were way more generous.

One person offered a 2nd round pick.

Another person offered Brett Howden + Julien Gauthier + a 3rd grin
    AFox23 liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 3:23 p.m.
    Your favorite Ranger
    Quoting: sensonfire
    Last week, a couple of Rangers fans commenting on one of my ACGM posts offered packages that were way more generous.

One person offered a 2nd round pick.

Another person offered Brett Howden + Julien Gauthier + a 3rd grin

That was before you called your own player a bust and drove his trade value down. Last week it was a 2nd pick. Today it is a 7th pick.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 3:28 p.m.
    Vegan Commie Hipster
    That's all irrational malarkey frankly

Compare him to Ryan McLeod

Brown just a year older and has much better scoring rates so far in pro hockey / NHL and has looked fairly similarly good though RMc maybe has the edge there?

McLeod is being hailed as Oilers long term 3C

While Brown is seen as virtually nothing 🤨

Maybe don't trust the dumbest mgmt in hockey?

At very least throw some grains of salt their way 🙄
    May 24, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: NYRFan92360244
    That was before you called your own player a bust and drove his trade value down. Last week it was a 2nd pick. Today it is a 7th pick.

Well ...

If Ottawa traded Logan Brown before expansion draft, we probably would not be able to protect Tierney.

So, we might need a rain check frown

Does Chris Tierney intrigue you by any chance? smile
    May 24, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
    gavinray
    He looks sick when he gets going. I think if he was healthy this year he would be in the NHL playign with Stutzle and Brown. I still think he has the chance to make it.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
    Ban Price trades
    The lowest return Brown gets will be equivalent to the Lias Andersson trade we saw last year. Nothing about his AHL numbers suggests he's a bust. Middle-six player maybe, but there's an NHL player in there somewhere.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
    The big concern is health. He needs a fresh start and to stay healthy, but there's still an NHL player there. Just not an Ottawa Senator. Any talk of him playing in the ECHL is frankly total bull****. At absolute worst he's a top end AHL player.

Most annoying thing about this would be Chris Tierney sticking around next year. I just don't see what he brings that you can't get from guys like Paul and Pinto.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 24, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
    Quoting: Radu47
    That's all irrational malarkey frankly

Compare him to Ryan McLeod

Brown just a year older and has much better scoring rates so far in pro hockey / NHL and has looked fairly similarly good though RMc maybe has the edge there?

McLeod is being hailed as Oilers long term 3C

While Brown is seen as virtually nothing 🤨

Maybe don't trust the dumbest mgmt in hockey?

At very least throw some grains of salt their way 🙄

The dumbest management in hockey? You’re joking right? Ottawa has one of the worst owners but there’s nothing wrong with the management, and scouting and developing young players is a strength of the organization. You just have to go through and look at all the NHLers they’ve found outside of the 1st round, and even in recent drafts, Sokolov, Mandolese, Crookshank, Guenette, Merilainen, etc. all look really good, Wolanin, Jaros, and Daccord have all played NHL games, Batherson was obviously a steal, and Formenton is looking like a really good pick as a 2nd rounder as well, Lajoie gave us a good season before getting dealt, which is more than you can say for most 5th rounders, the list goes on. Brown’s stunted growth can almost entirely be blamed on his never ending list of injuries, and potentially his work ethic if that is really an issue (sounds like we’re still going off reports that he had a poor work ethic several years ago, so maybe he’s improved and maybe not who knows). The crux of the matter is nobody gets gifted a spot, and he hasn’t been healthy enough to fight for one most of the time, to the point that Norris and Pinto both passed him in development.

Quoting: BeterChiarelli
    The lowest return Brown gets will be equivalent to the Lias Andersson trade we saw last year. Nothing about his AHL numbers suggests he's a bust. Middle-six player maybe, but there's an NHL player in there somewhere.

I agree with this, because he’s a little older it might slip a bit, but I feel like there should still be a team willing to give up a 3rd for a 6’6” center who puts up around a point per game in the AHL. If there’s a team with a distinct lack of centres that can give him a shot on the 3rd line he should be a useful player. He’s truly a gifted playmaker and an absolute giant, teams love big guys.

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
    The big concern is health. He needs a fresh start and to stay healthy, but there's still an NHL player there. Just not an Ottawa Senator. Any talk of him playing in the ECHL is frankly total bull****. At absolute worst he's a top end AHL player.

Most annoying thing about this would be Chris Tierney sticking around next year. I just don't see what he brings that you can't get from guys like Paul and Pinto.

This is a good take. 100% agree with every point in the first paragraph. I’m kinda worried that we’d lose Abramov if we protect Tierney though, which kinda sucks. I would hope that the only reason they protect him is to trade him for picks at the draft to a team that lost a centre to Seattle and wants an effective 2-way 3C. If they end up keeping him until next season, that would probably be a mistake, there’s no reason to keep him around to play on our 4th line. Not to mention that if they hold him until the deadline, his value will likely decrease, as he won’t be getting the minutes or linemates necessary to produce at a rate that would increase his value.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 1:06 a.m.
    Well ...

If Ottawa traded Logan Brown before expansion draft, we probably would not be able to protect Tierney.

So, we might need a rain check frown

Does Chris Tierney intrigue you by any chance? smile

I don't see L. Brown affecting whether Tierney is protected. Unless another qualified forward is singed before the expansion draft 2 of Dadonov, White, C. Brown, Tierney, Watson, and Paul need to be exposed. I think Tierney is an obvious choice among that group and then it comes down to preference. My initial thought for the other was Watson, but they may want to see if Seattle would take Dadonov's contract off their hands.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
    From the OP

That Chris Tierney is getting protected from Expansion Draft

BARF. Protecting Tierney and exposing Logan Brown would be really stupid, on par with precedent management moves.

One man's trash is another man's treasure

I think this will apply to Logan Brown. He just has to figure out how to stay healthy
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: skrymir
    I don't see L. Brown affecting whether Tierney is protected. Unless another qualified forward is singed before the expansion draft 2 of Dadonov, White, C. Brown, Tierney, Watson, and Paul need to be exposed. I think Tierney is an obvious choice among that group and then it comes down to preference. My initial thought for the other was Watson, but they may want to see if Seattle would take Dadonov's contract off their hands.

In case you were wondering, this is who I think is going to be protected amongst Ottawa's forwards if nothing else changes:

Brady Tkachuk
    Drake Batherson
    Connor Brown
    Evgeni Dadonov
    Colin White
    Nick Paul
    Chris Tierney

Amongst the forwards that could be exposed ...

Tierney, Dzingel, Abramov, Logan Brown and Austin Watson are of any significance to the team IMO.

1. Dzingel is a pending UFA and won't be coming back.

2. Logan Brown is getting exposed based on everything that is said in this ACGM post. Exposing Logan Brown means someone else needs to be protected and since losing Logan Brown would weaken Ottawa's centre depth, I have Ottawa protecting another centre instead. Furthermore, centre is a much more important position on a hockey team than the wing.

3. Abramov has been with Ottawa since the Matt Duchene trade with Columbus and has not proven whether he can play in the NHL full-time for the foreseeable future. I'd rather protect someone who can play in the NHL full-time and is not on a bad contract versus someone who only shows up to play in the NHL for 1 game every season before being sent back down to the AHL.

4. That leaves us with Tierney and Watson. Watson will never play higher than the 4th line whereas Tierney is still capable of being a #3C. Tierney can kill penalties, take faceoffs and could yield a decent return at the deadline if Ottawa retains enough salary.

5. That means Ottawa's centres to start next season will be Norris, Pinto, Tierney and Paul.

I will admit Tierney has had a down year but before that, he has had two productive years with Ottawa.

If they hang on to him, Ottawa could get something for him before the deadline if he bounces back smile
    skrymir liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
    In case you were wondering, this is who I think is going to be protected amongst Ottawa's forwards if nothing else changes:

Brady Tkachuk
    Drake Batherson
    Connor Brown
    Evgeni Dadonov
    Colin White
    Nick Paul
    Chris Tierney

Amongst the forwards that could be exposed ...

Tierney, Dzingel, Abramov, Logan Brown and Austin Watson are of any significance to the team IMO.

I get this and if it were possible it would be great, but that leaves Ottawa one short of the exposure requirements. They need 2 forwards that are under contract for next season and have played 54 games this season or 27 games this season exposed. With your protected list they only have one in Watson (who I would actually protect ahead of Tierney). Unless they get Amadio under contract before the expansion draft (and leave him exposed) or make a trade for another qualified forward, two of the following forwards MUST be exposed:

Dadonov
    White
    C. Brown
    Tierney
    Watson
    Paul

Your list only has one exposed.

If you want to protect Tierney someone else from this list needs to be left exposed.
    sensonfire liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: skrymir
    I get this and if it were possible it would be great, but that leaves Ottawa one short of the exposure requirements. They need 2 forwards that are under contract for next season and have played 54 games this season or 27 games this season exposed. With your protected list they only have one in Watson (who I would actually protect ahead of Tierney). Unless they get Amadio under contract before the expansion draft (and leave him exposed) or make a trade for another qualified forward, two of the following forwards MUST be exposed:

Dadonov
    White
    C. Brown
    Tierney
    Watson
    Paul

Your list only has one exposed.

If you want to protect Tierney someone else from this list needs to be left exposed.

Then my solution is to somehow get Amadio exposed for meeting the exposure requirements.

Start with tendering his qualifying offer.

If he refuses the qualifying offer, offer him a generous pay raise that he needs to accept in 24 hours (2 years at slightly under a million per could get it done).

If he refuses that too, either place him on waivers or bury him in the minors until he becomes a UFA when he turns 27.

I've edited my post and have Amadio signed to his QO smile
    skrymir liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Then my solution is to somehow get Amadio exposed for meeting the exposure requirements.

Start with tendering his qualifying offer.

If he refuses the qualifying offer, offer him a generous pay raise that he needs to accept in 24 hours (2 years at slightly under a million per could get it done).

If he refuses that too, either place him on waivers or bury him in the minors until he becomes a UFA when he turns 27.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll