Forums/Armchair-GM

Kuzy says he is staying

Created by: DogDayCaps2
Team: 2021-22 Washington Capitals
Initial Creation Date: May 25, 2021
Published: May 25, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Kuzy says he is staying ...that + his m-nct will likely make that statement true

im personally a big fan of Kuzy. i think hes very talented but needs to learn from past mistakes. this is how i would fully utliize Kuzy
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$5,000,000
4$10,000,000
1$950,000
4$3,750,000
1$1,550,000
Trades
WSH
SEA
  1. Oshie, T.J.
  2. Vanecek, Vitek
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Capitals pay 2nd for Seattle to take Oshie. Seattle agrees for 2 reasons... 1) Oshie is still good and would be a great leader...2) they need a face for the franchise.. local boy comes home ..idk whatever

then Seattle claims V V in draft
WSH
    Futures
    NJD
    1. Hagelin, Carl
    2. Jensen, Nick
    3. Nardella, Bobby [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Give the Devils Jensen + Nardella to take Hagelin?

like paying them a3rd + solid LHD prospect
    WSH
    1. 2021 4th round pick (NYR)
    Additional Details:
    literally anywhere for 3rd-4th
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the WSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$66,739,594$472,927$132,500$14,760,406
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 5
    $9,200,000$9,200,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $5,166,667$5,166,667
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $2,415,000$2,415,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    C
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    LD/RD
    UFA
    $1,550,000$1,550,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 25, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
    Mark
    Just thinking out loud here, but with Samsonov's off-ice issues - which seem to be tied to Kuzy - I wonder if the Capitals consider protecting Vanecek instead. Any thoughts?
    May 25, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
    Quoting: markmws
    Just thinking out loud here, but with Samsonov's off-ice issues - which seem to be tied to Kuzy - I wonder if the Capitals consider protecting Vanecek instead. Any thoughts?

what exactly did they do I don't follow the Wash players? I know he had covid twice apparently. unrelated: He played summer hockey with my kid here in Jersey years ago. Billeted with some former Red Army players
    May 25, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: markmws

idk i think the Capitals will keep the goalie with the higher ceiling. IDK if all the issues are Kuzy fault... seems like hes the easy target to blame. IDdk how he got covid again but unlike everyone on this site im not going to chop his head off by making assumptions. for allwe know Sammy could be the one influencing Kuzy... he did get hurt riding quads last year before playoffs
    May 25, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    I don't believe it was ever disclosed, but the rumors were that the team was extremely frustrated with Kuznetsov and Sammy, benched Kuzy for showing up late to practice or something. Then both Kuzy and Sammy end up in covid protocols for 2 weeks.

I think Sammy is the better goalie, now and moving forward. I think they keep him.
    Icedragon4405 liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 2:23 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: Smitty426
    what exactly did they do I don't follow the Wash players? I know he had covid twice apparently. unrelated: He played summer hockey with my kid here in Jersey years ago. Billeted with some former Red Army players

People assume that he caught COVID the second time by "partying" or " its some how related to him doing coke" when theres zero evidence backing that up. even the first time they were all hanging out in a hotel room... hardly a careless act when the NHL let Tampa watch the SuperBowl in a meeting room where they "had masks" on the entire time lol. Kuzy is an easy target on this site and people like to ignore success and focus on the negatives
    May 25, 2021 at 2:28 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    It was reported they showed up to practice late, and caught covid 2 times this year. He's not completely innocent.
    May 25, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: Kylonetic8
    I don't believe it was ever disclosed, but the rumors were that the team was extremely frustrated with Kuznetsov and Sammy, benched Kuzy for showing up late to practice or something. Then both Kuzy and Sammy end up in covid protocols for 2 weeks.

I think Sammy is the better goalie, now and moving forward. I think they keep him.

i think they were late.... and got suspended which is completely normal and happens. its only happened to him 1 time ever.

then...they were on COVID list which is frustrating . I think i would be frustrated also but idk how they got it. I think media loves to blow things up and besides this year Kuzy hasnt really done anything to bother me as a fan. He did coke but hardly abnormal for the NHL
    May 25, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.
    down bad
    It was reported they showed up to practice late, and caught covid 2 times this year. He's not completely innocent.

he's not "innocent" but whos to say his wife went to the market and she got it there ? Also its highly unlikely to get COVID 2x.... its more bad luck than anything imo. this season ended terribly andKuzy is an easy target. Carlson imo should be the one out. His defense is embarrassing and this team might have the worse defense in the league... old and slow. besides Orlov and Jensen nobody has good zone entries imo
    May 25, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    Quoting: DogDayCaps2
    i think they were late.... and got suspended which is completely normal and happens. its only happened to him 1 time ever.

then...they were on COVID list which is frustrating . I think i would be frustrated also but idk how they got it. I think media loves to blow things up and besides this year Kuzy hasnt really done anything to bother me as a fan. He did coke but hardly abnormal for the NHL

Really? Showing up late to practice a couple weeks before the playoffs for doing...something he probably wasn't supposed to do. Then ends up in covid protocol and misses 2 crucial playoff games.

Couple years ago he gets suspended for doing cocaine, partly because he lied about it.

I mean it's quite the rap sheet he has post cup. I don't know what he could do to upset you as a fan...
    May 25, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    No one else seems to be having these issues on the team. Just one guy, and now his fellow teammate and countryman and buddy.
    GM_MZ_WSH liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 2:50 p.m.
    Rangers 2023
    Oshie also said he wants to stay
    May 25, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
    down bad
    Really? Showing up late to practice a couple weeks before the playoffs for doing...something he probably wasn't supposed to do. Then ends up in covid protocol and misses 2 crucial playoff games.

Couple years ago he gets suspended for doing cocaine, partly because he lied about it.

I mean it's quite the rap sheet he has post cup. I don't know what he could do to upset you as a fan...

Do you know why he was late for practice? Ovechkin missed a practice when Trotz was the coach and also was suspended. it happens and its routine that the coach sits you. it would be a mistake to assume he doesnt care. Wilson got suspended for 8 games... how are you not more mad about him? He's arguably way more careless than Kuzy. Kuzy was suspended by the NHL for doing a drug in another country during the offseason lmfao? they did it to save face not bc they actually care. i guess as a fan i had a realistic outlook of whatwas actually going to happen. Capitals are way too slow and the biggest issue is asset management.

Grub was gifted to dump Orpik
    Stephenson = 5th
    Bura = 2nd and 3rd
    Seig = 3rd
    Vrana + 1st = Mantha

they sign Chara instead of letting the youth play... sign Panik and cost us a 2nd to dump him 1 year later. Hags was signed rather than us using a Hershey player to fill in. Dillon sucks and Fehérváry last year was better.. so not only do we have Dillon now but we wasted a year for Fehérváry to grow in the NHL
    May 25, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
    down bad
    No one else seems to be having these issues on the team. Just one guy, and now his fellow teammate and countryman and buddy.

there was 4 players that missed for COVID the first time.. One being the captain. AGAIN easy target
    May 25, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
    Oshie also said he wants to stay

true
    May 25, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    Dude it wasn't just that he was late, it was the reaction from the team and what they did. Read between the lines man. There's no reason to deep dive this ****, it's Kuznetsov, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.
    May 25, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    Sorry but bringing Wilson into this is a total red herring. It's irrelevant. Wilson was suspended for an on ice play that he never should have been suspended for. Comparing apples to oranges.
    May 25, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
    down bad
    Sorry but bringing in Wilson into this is a total red herring. It's irrelevant. Wilson was suspended for an on ice play that he never should have been suspended for. Comparing apples to oranges.

apple to oranges? we are talking about players who are careless and put themselves before the team?

Wilsons next dirty play he will be gone for the rest of the year
    Kuzy.... will get vaccinated and thatseemed to be his biggest issue lol... you want to make a massive deal about a guy being late for practice. lol we are talking about practice
    May 25, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
    Typical Caps Fan
    apple to oranges? we are talking about players who are careless and put themselves before the team?

Wilsons next dirty play he will be gone for the rest of the year
    Kuzy.... will get vaccinated and thatseemed to be his biggest issue lol... you want to make a massive deal about a guy being late for practice. lol we are talking about practice

We actually don't know what we're talking about. It wasn't disclosed. But it's Kuzy, nuff said.

Again, Tom Wilson comparison is inappropriate. He made a clean hit *on the ice*, as in, he was available to play and was playing (this is not Kuzy's situation). League made a bad biased decision against him. You already know this though and are unnecessarily combating me on this to try to make your lack of criticism to Kuzy somehow fair. White washing.

Difference is, I will criticize any of the Caps that deserve it. Kuzy deserves criticism and does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Tom Wilson does not deserve criticism for that hit, and has played a clean game for around 2 years.
    May 25, 2021 at 4:06 p.m.
    down bad
    We actually don't know what we're talking about. It wasn't disclosed. But it's Kuzy, nuff said.

Again, Tom Wilson comparison is inappropriate. He made a clean hit *on the ice*, as in, he was available to play and was playing (this is not Kuzy's situation). League made a bad biased decision against him. You already know this though and are unnecessarily combating me on this to try to make your lack of criticism to Kuzy somehow fair. White washing.

Difference is, I will criticize any of the Caps that deserve it. Kuzy deserves criticism and does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Tom Wilson does not deserve criticism for that hit, and has played a clean game for around 2 years.

Wilson deserve criticism but everyone loves him so much that they refuse to see the bigger picture. He went bananas and what he did to Panarin was "clean" but lacked all respect for the game and the player. With his history the last thing he should be doing is slamming a superstar or jabbing a guy in the" back of the head" / shoulder. it was just careless but he didnt care bc hiswires crossed and he wasnt thinking. Kuzy getting COVID can happen to anyone.i got COVID and i dont think i was being careless. .. its a contagious virus. He claimed he was happy he didnt die after having it. i dont think he was intentionally trying to get it. Kuzy availability was bc of the NHLs strict COVID rules. Honestly the team/league should have made the players get vaccinated.

Kuzy can take some blame but to only blame him is laughable.
    May 25, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
    there was 4 players that missed for COVID the first time.. One being the captain. AGAIN easy target

My whole team got covid and probably gave it to the sabres (as if the dont have enough going on)!
    Practice, yeah that's on him
    Get sick twice is first super rare and unless he bubbled (how can you other than the division you were in) its tough to tell where it came from.
    He ends up in Manhattan IMO
    DogDayCaps2 liked this.
    May 25, 2021 at 4:34 p.m.
    down bad
    Quoting: Smitty426
    My whole team got covid and probably gave it to the sabres (as if the dont have enough going on)!
    Practice, yeah that's on him
    Get sick twice is first super rare and unless he bubbled (how can you other than the division you were in) its tough to tell where it came from.
    He ends up in Manhattan IMO

He missed one practice his entire career with the Capitals also... not like this is a reoccurring thing.
    I agree its impossible to tell how he got it but everyone on this site love to assume its from drugs/ partying... when in reality its probably from an everyday activity. idk but im not claiming i know either but im not making assumptions either, if Rangers want him thatmakes sense and he'll more than likely killl the Caps

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll