Forums/Mock-Draft

Mich goes 1-4

Mich goes 1-4

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: BigBadBurke
Published: May 28, 2021 at 9:22 a.m.
May 28, 2021 at 9:31 a.m.
Barzals skateblade
Pretty realistic. I think that there will always be some debate of picks 17-32 but generally really good. I think that L'Heureux to Boston could definetley happen
BigBadBurke liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 9:33 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Theo_nollaf
Pretty realistic. I think that there will always be some debate of picks 17-32 but generally really good. I think that L'Heureux to Boston could definetley happen

I tried to keep teams track records and needs in mind... but yeah i must admit 17-32 was getting pretty difficult. I think this is the first draft in a while that i can remember that the top-5 can literally go any which way lol
May 28, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
Barzals skateblade
Yeah every time I do a mock there is a player that slips down just because there are so many players so close together skill wise.
BigBadBurke liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 9:41 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Theo_nollaf
Yeah every time I do a mock there is a player that slips down just because there are so many players so close together skill wise.

I know right. I cld realistically see Eklund go top 3 but for the reason you just mentioned, on this mock I have him falling outside the top-5
May 28, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.
Barzals skateblade
Very true. Eklund could go top three, but he could also drop a lot.
May 28, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.
Fan of the OHL
Matthew Cononato played on a very stacked Chicago Steel team - He scares me that he may be a bit of a Jack Quinn type who played with a stacked Ottawa 67's team the prior year and was rated high but did squat in the world juniors and hasn't progressed much this year in a shortened season.
I would prefer the upside ceilings of Xavier Bourgault, or Pastujov. Grudgingly I might accept a Ceulemanns as a longer term back fill for Petry. Frabceso Pinelli - I need to watch some highlights on him
BigBadBurke liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
While Raty is fine for Dallas at 15, if McTavish, Lysell, & Lucius are off the board, I have to think that they go with Corson Ceulemans at 15. Their organizational RD depth is absolutely atrocious & at that pick, there are enough guys (including Raty & Ceulemans) that are all in the same prospect tier that I think they go with the guy that fills an organizational gap.
BigBadBurke liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Leemer
Matthew Cononato played on a very stacked Chicago Steel team - He scares me that he may be a bit of a Jack Quinn type who played with a stacked Ottawa 67's team the prior year and was rated high but did squat in the world juniors and hasn't progressed much this year in a shortened season.
I would prefer the upside ceilings of Xavier Bourgault, or Pastujov. Grudgingly I might accept a Ceulemanns as a longer term back fill for Petry. Frabceso Pinelli - I need to watch some highlights on him

It was a difficult choice for sure. I was actually veering between he, Pinelli or Cossa to replace Price eventually... but seeing as habs seem to have the hardest time scoring goals, it was too hard to pass up a guy that has 48g in 51gp. Whether that's in the USHL or elsewhere. I like the idea that he and Farrell cld come up together in our ranks at Laval for a few years too. We've been starved for talent down there for a while. I do have my trepidations tho too, as yeah Jack Quinn is a perfect example of someone who had an amazing draft year, but probably should have went in the 20-30 range.
May 28, 2021 at 3:48 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: TheMooterus
While Raty is fine for Dallas at 15, if McTavish, Lysell, & Lucius are off the board, I have to think that they go with Corson Ceulemans at 15. Their organizational RD depth is absolutely atrocious & at that pick, there are enough guys (including Raty & Ceulemans) that are all in the same prospect tier that I think they go with the guy that fills an organizational gap.

I wasn't aware DAL needed help on the right side that badly. Definitely good to hear some input from a stars fan tho thx.
TheMooterus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll