Forums/Armchair-GM

What I think they should do

Created by: Connor_McJesus_97
Team: 2021-22 Seattle Kraken
Initial Creation Date: May 28, 2021
Published: May 28, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I want Hill to get a young decent starter with good potential. Unless Arizona gives me a 1st (which they won't) I take him. You could put Jarnkrok with Coleman and get yourself the most annoying 3rd line to face in the hole league. im not that crazy tho. All the players I picked were available on the popular choice in Cap Friendly expansion draft. Don't get angry at me if you think a certain player here won't get exposed. I even avoided Benett and Campbell. You're dumb if you get angry at me for picking a player you think won't get exposed. This isn't about that.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,200,000
7$3,500,000
3$4,000,000
2$2,000,000
2$850,000
2$975,000
6$4,000,000
2$925,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$9,000,000
1$1,000,000
5$5,000,000
Trades
SEA
  1. Volkov, Alexander [RFA Rights]
ANA
SEA
  1. Hill, Adin [RFA Rights]
ARI
SEA
  1. Lazar, Curtis
Additional Details:
Lazar has been good for the Bruins, he is in a good age and will be the perfect 4th liner
BOS
SEA
  1. Okposo, Kyle
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Okposos gets out of the shitshow called Buffalo and Buffalo gets 6m off the books. It will cost them a 2nd however
BUF
SEA
  1. Lucic, Milan
  2. 2022 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Lucic will attract people. He will however cost a 1st for the flames to get rid of. They do however get a 3rd in return and can now sign a bigtime free agent.
CGY
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (SEA)
SEA
    they take the rights for Hamilton. He gets the money he wants in Seattle. The negociations have not been good in Carolina. He wants to get paid like a superstar but Carolina doesn't want that. Problem solved!
    CAR
    1. 2021 4th round pick (SEA)
    SEA
    1. Zadorov, Nikita [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Not too much fun to choose from but Zadorov is still not old yet. Why not? I like the size he can bring. Good shutdown ability.
    CHI
    SEA
    1. Jost, Tyson [RFA Rights]
    2. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
    Additional Details:
    We get payed a 2nd here by Sakic to not choose Donskoi. Johnsson waives so Graves can get protected. I already like Jost as it is and I get payed to take him. He could really use a fresh start and more opportunity
    COL
    SEA
    1. Thürkauf, Calvin [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    IDK anything about him out he has put up decent numbers and is pretty young. So why not?
    CBJ
    SEA
    1. Erne, Adam [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    I did a quick protect on cap friendly on this one. He was available for some reason. I think they should expose Svechnikov instead but this is not about who I think the other teams should protect. So I’ll gladly take him. But if he gets protected just swap him with Svechnikov and put him in the same lines as Erne. I have a weak spot for physical players(especially with skill) so Yzerman better giver me a 1st(obviously he won’t) so I will take Erne.
    DET
    SEA
    1. Jones, Caleb
    Additional Details:
    If they protect Kleffy he will be available. Good talent with a nice ceiling. He will fit perfectly in my 3rd line.
    EDM
    SEA
    1. Strålman, Anton
    2. 2023 2nd round pick (FLA)
    Additional Details:
    On the quick protect I did Benett was exposed. That doesn’t make sense. He won’t get exposed. Im stepping in here. So I’ll take Stralman. They will pay me for it tho. Otherwise I take Wallmark and they need to keep his contract for 1 more year. Stralman is good in his own end as has good experience.
    FLA
    SEA
    1. Frk, Martin
    Additional Details:
    The cap ia good and he got that hard shot. Could swap him for a pick at the td. Tampa might be interested. They like their cheap contracts
    LAK
    SEA
    1. Talbot, Cam
    Additional Details:
    Yes he’s getting up there in age and I wanna build a pretty younf team but man is he good. Will be good for us. Could get traded aswell for something decent.
    MIN
    SEA
    1. Lehkonen, Artturi [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    I had the privilige of watching him play when he played i Frolunda back in Sweden. Man he was so dominant. He was our best player offensively. He needs a fresh start. If Seattle doesn't pick him I'd be mad. I think he needs a top 6 role and watch him put up 20+ goals and 40+ points.
    MTL
    SEA
    1. Järnkrok, Calle
    Additional Details:
    C'mon guys he is the perfect all around player that was on pace for 25+ goals this season on a 82 game schedule. Good caphit aswell. He gets traded away at td if he doesn't wanna resign here.
    NSH
    SEA
    1. Sharangovich, Yegor [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    He was available on the quick protect I did. but I should probably take Merkley instead as there should be no way Yegor gets exposed. Either way im taking 1 of those 2 and putting them at the same position either way. I this is too unrealistic swap him with Merkley.
    NJD
    SEA
    1. Mayfield, Scott
    Additional Details:
    Has a good caphit for 2 more years. All around solid guy that can play physical. Will stabilize the d. I love this pickup. Thanks Isles :D
    NYI
    SEA
    1. Howden, Brett [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    Young player with a high roof that hasn't been furfilled yet. Is 23 so he's starting to get a little bit older but still should have 3-4 years left until you excpect him to become that good middle 6 forward
    NYR
    SEA
    1. Kopacka, Jack [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    he is young but Idk how good his potential is. I don't expect much out of him. Could give us solid depth in a few years tho who knows?
    OTT
    SEA
    1. van Riemsdyk, James
    2. 2021 3rd round pick (PHI)
    Additional Details:
    They really want us to pick him. Im telling them that they need to give me a 3rd then. They would accept without a doubt. I also secretly want him but I obviously don't tell that to them to get a free pick.
    PHI
    SEA
    1. McCann, Jared
    Additional Details:
    Has good playoof experience and is still pretty young, The only attarctive player available. How is this even a question? (yes he was available on the popular choice here on cap friendly)
    PIT
    SEA
    1. True, Alex [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    youngest player available and he has been solid in the AHL also being the assistant captain
    SJS
    SEA
    1. Blais, Samuel
    Additional Details:
    Has decent goal scoring. Should give me 20 goals. Good age. Good cap. Has a ring aswell so good experience for his age.
    STL
    SEA
    1. Johnson, Tyler
    2. 2022 1st round pick (TBL)
    Additional Details:
    No way this isn't happening. We get a solid top 6 player that will get more icetime and could become pretty effective. Had a 55% faceoff percentage and has good speed. Has a ring on top of that. We also get the 1st to take him.
    TBL
    SEA
    1. Holl, Justin
    Additional Details:
    Campbell was available on the popular choice but I just can't do that. Too unrealistic. Especially with Andersen on an expiring deal and playing wacky. Either way Holl is really good defensively and might be on one of the most team friendly deals at a caphit of 2m for 2 more years. Perfect!
    TOR
    SEA
    1. Eriksson, Loui ($3,000,000 retained)
    2. 2022 4th round pick (VAN)
    Additional Details:
    There are no fun players here. Im not interested in Holtby. My goalies are good enough. If they give me Eriksson with 50% retained and a 4th pick I can take him. Good deal for them. 3m off the books for cheap
    VAN
    SEA
      Good for you Vegas that you avoid this expansion draft. Othwerwise im giving you an ultimatium. Give me your 1st pick or I choose either Lehner or Fleury. lol
      VGK
      SEA
      1. Johansen, Lucas [RFA Rights]
      Additional Details:
      I really like this. Jensen could have been nice too but Im already more than full on my right d

We're aiming for a good future so this was great ;)
      WSH
      SEA
      1. Lowry, Adam
      Additional Details:
      Good solid bottom 6 guy. Probably the perfect 3rd line center that is signed long term
      WPG
      SEA
        I will pich Vatanen here. This is last because I regretted picking Faksa/he wasn't even available lol) He will get a 1 year too prove it contract playing 1pp minutes together with Hamilton
        DAL
        SEA
        1. 2022 6th round pick (EDM)
        EDM
        1. Eriksson, Loui ($1,500,000 retained)
        2. 2022 4th round pick (VAN)
        Additional Details:
        Edmonton could use a guy like him. Good defensively and a great leader with good experience. Will be a good voice in the locker room. 1.5 m is still a bit expensive but they get paid to take him on. Eriksson gets the chance to be a factor in a guarranteed playoff team.
        SEA
        1. 2022 4th round pick (TBL)
        Additional Details:
        I think Tampa could be interested. He has a really team friendly deal. Maybe he could resign for a 1 year 750 deal to get the chance to win the cup and prove himself being a fulltime NHL:er
        TBL
        1. Frk, Martin
        Additional Details:
        I just didn't see a fit for him in my team. better to get something out of him then nothing.
        Retained Salary Transactions
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the PHI
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the CGY
        Logo of the TBL
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the BUF
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the TBL
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the COL
        Logo of the FLA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        Logo of the SEA
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        22$81,500,000$79,406,667$0$0$2,093,333

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
        $2,940,000$2,940,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 1
        $4,000,000$4,000,000
        C, LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
        $7,000,000$7,000,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
        $5,000,000$5,000,000
        RW, C, LW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        Logo of the Nashville Predators
        $1,000,000$1,000,000
        RW, C, LW
        UFA - 1
        $5,000,000$5,000,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 6
        Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
        $3,250,000$3,250,000
        C
        M-NTC
        UFA - 5
        Logo of the St. Louis Blues
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        Logo of the Calgary Flames
        $5,250,000$5,250,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 2
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 1
        Logo of the Boston Bruins
        $800,000$800,000
        RW, C
        UFA - 1
        Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $3,200,000$3,200,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $9,000,000$9,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 7
        Logo of the Minnesota Wild
        $3,666,667$3,666,667
        G
        UFA - 2
        $1,000,000$1,000,000
        LD/RD
        UFA
        Logo of the New York Islanders
        $1,450,000$1,450,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $4,000,000$4,000,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
        $850,000$850,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Florida Panthers
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        May 28, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
        Speak of the Devil
        Yeah you should take Merkley. Sharangovich will definetly be protected.
        Connor_McJesus_97 liked this.
        May 28, 2021 at 10:57 a.m.
        The right to Wright
        Quoting: Devil1122
        Yeah you should take Merkley. Sharangovich will definetly be protected.

Yeah I thought that aswell. Just swap him with Merkley if you want too. I don't know how most people expose Yegor lmao
        Devil liked this.
        May 28, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
        GO FLAMES GO
        They won't be dumping Looch IMO
        May 28, 2021 at 11:05 a.m.
        i think a problem with this would be that there is too much money tied up long term for a flat cap world. even look at vegas now, they have proabably less than 10 original players from the expansion draft on their roster?

if they take on a lucic, okposo, johnson etc i think they would be looking for one year deals and a ton of 2021 draft picks, ice a team that puts butts in seats for a year and then grow from the inside out, looking at the long term outlook on your roster you have here, next year they would have 17 million for free agency and re signing while icing one of the oldest teams in the league
        May 28, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
        Speak of the Devil
        Quoting: Connor_McJesus_97
        Yeah I thought that aswell. Just swap him with Merkley if you want too. I don't know how most people expose Yegor lmao

Yeah I don't think many people know how good Sharangovich was this year.
        May 28, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
        unless Vancouver trades Ericsson to Seattle post draft, I dont think you can retain on a ED pick.
        May 28, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.
        We get payed a 2nd here by Sakic to not choose Donskoi. Johnsson waives so Graves can get protected. I already like Jost as it is and I get payed to take him. He could really use a fresh start and more opportunity

This doesnt make sense. What is your protection list for COL? If EJ waives then Mackinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky, Jost, Nichushkin, Makar, Toews, Girard, and Grubauer could be protected which leaves Graves and Donskoi exposed. If you think Donskoi is worth Jost+2nd (which I disagree with, Id rather have Jost) then why wouldnt Donskoi just be protected over him in the first place? Also even if EJ waives Graves wouldnt be protected over Makar, Toews, and Girard. Unless you think they are going 4/4/1 (which I highly doubt) in which case Kadri or Burakovsky would be the much better selection and again it wouldnt make sense to add to Jost to protect Donskoi since he wouldnt even be the most valuable unprotected player in that scenario
        May 28, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
        I feel like the Penguins would trade McCann for picks before exposing him and he would not be that hard to move considering he is due to make <$3m next year. A 24 year old center, averaging 0.6 pts/game over the last 2 seasons has a lot of trade value.
        May 28, 2021 at 11:43 a.m.
        They are not taking Lazar over Lauzon/Clifton or Frederic/Ritchie.
        May 28, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
        The right to Wright
        Quoting: Gofnut999
        They are not taking Lazar over Lauzon/Clifton or Frederic/Ritchie.

Ritchie was protected. I couldn't choose him. Trederic I could have chosen yes didn't think about that one. Lazar has been good in Boston tho so still not a terrible pick up I think
        May 28, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
        The right to Wright
        Quoting: yycofred
        i think a problem with this would be that there is too much money tied up long term for a flat cap world. even look at vegas now, they have proabably less than 10 original players from the expansion draft on their roster?

if they take on a lucic, okposo, johnson etc i think they would be looking for one year deals and a ton of 2021 draft picks, ice a team that puts butts in seats for a year and then grow from the inside out, looking at the long term outlook on your roster you have here, next year they would have 17 million for free agency and re signing while icing one of the oldest teams in the league

in 2 years they will have 20+ millions probably 25+ mil I haven't counted. I think that is when they go at it for real. I think Lucic could attract some people. Lehkonen and Hamilton are the guys I want to be the biggest starts here. Yegor/Merkey will also be one of the bigger players.The core at least isn't old. Just sign so fa when the oldies go out. Not perfect but still I think the team is nice
        yycofred liked this.
        May 28, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
        The right to Wright
        Quoting: moli92
        This doesnt make sense. What is your protection list for COL? If EJ waives then Mackinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Kadri, Burakovsky, Jost, Nichushkin, Makar, Toews, Girard, and Grubauer could be protected which leaves Graves and Donskoi exposed. If you think Donskoi is worth Jost+2nd (which I disagree with, Id rather have Jost) then why wouldnt Donskoi just be protected over him in the first place? Also even if EJ waives Graves wouldnt be protected over Makar, Toews, and Girard. Unless you think they are going 4/4/1 (which I highly doubt) in which case Kadri or Burakovsky would be the much better selection and again it wouldnt make sense to add to Jost to protect Donskoi since he wouldnt even be the most valuable unprotected player in that scenario

Good point. Might make another one especially after the draft lottery. Then I can draft a player aswell. Yeah I think Graves would be great for them. Donskoi has been great this year and he's on a team friendly deal while Jost countinues to struggle and doesn't seem to find his game.
        May 28, 2021 at 3:15 p.m.
        Good point. Might make another one especially after the draft lottery. Then I can draft a player aswell. Yeah I think Graves would be great for them. Donskoi has been great this year and he's on a team friendly deal while Jost countinues to struggle and doesn't seem to find his game.

Jost has been very good defensively this year, hes been great at 3C playing with Nichushkin. I think COL would prefer to keep Jost cause he will be cheaper than Graves and Donskoi
        May 28, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
        Ritchie was protected. I couldn't choose him. Trederic I could have chosen yes didn't think about that one. Lazar has been good in Boston tho so still not a terrible pick up I think

I think I they will protect Ritchie over Frederic but who knows, it was whichever one was left unprotected.

Lauzon is by far the best option available from Boston but the draft will be D heavy and he might not be top 8 on their team when done. I think Boston tries to make a deal to get them to take Moore if that does not work at least a deal not to take Lauzon.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll