May 28, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
If he is Available I could see Flames selecting Ceulemans
Zinger liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 1:32 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Gmonwy
If he is Available I could see Flames selecting Ceulemans

If Lysell was already taken, then yes, but with Lysell still on the board, he'd be hard to pass up.
May 28, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Highly doubt SJ ever selects Wallstedt, especially over Eklund, Johnson, and Lysell.
Foppa213 liked this.
May 28, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: Klara
Highly doubt SJ ever selects Wallstedt, especially over Eklund, Johnson, and Lysell.

Sharks need a top G desperately.
May 28, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Sharks need a top G desperately.

Which they sure as hell ain't blowing a top 10 pick on, especially since SJ DOES NOT draft goalies, and doesn't have any true top prospects.
May 28, 2021 at 2:33 p.m.
Foppa213
So many things here that just is very questionable.
Eklund at #13? Guessing you don’t know much about him?
Then there is so much more, I don’t even know where to start..
May 28, 2021 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: Klara
Which they sure as hell ain't blowing a top 10 pick on, especially since SJ DOES NOT draft goalies, and doesn't have any true top prospects.

All the more reason to draft one.
May 28, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: Foppa213
So many things here that just is very questionable.
Eklund at #13? Guessing you don’t know much about him?
Then there is so much more, I don’t even know where to start..

I’ll admit Eklund should probably go higher but that really depends on whether or not he plays C in the NHL. Some rankings have him as LW. I think Mason McTavish might have pushed him out of the top ten. I do not think he’s necessarily better than Guenther, Johnson or Beniers. He could or should go higher than Chaz Lucius but that guy is a pure sniper. Is Eklund better than any of the D picked ahead of him? Maybe. I do not think so. He has skill but he’s a bit small and might turn into a perimeter player in the NHL. This bumps him out imo. I could eventually be proven wrong. That happens but right now I’m not convinced.
I definitely should have Coronato going higher but I forgot about him.
Raty might go higher but his draft stock is a bit erratic. He could go top 15 or much later. There’s going to be a lot of intrigue this year. And several surprises.
What else do you disagree with?
May 28, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
All the more reason to draft one.

Great but let’s take a dual threat top six winger instead. Sharks never draft goalies, the scouting department just doesn’t believe in it
May 28, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Foppa213
I’ll admit Eklund should probably go higher but that really depends on whether or not he plays C in the NHL. Some rankings have him as LW. I think Mason McTavish might have pushed him out of the top ten. I do not think he’s necessarily better than Guenther, Johnson or Beniers. He could or should go higher than Chaz Lucius but that guy is a pure sniper. Is Eklund better than any of the D picked ahead of him? Maybe. I do not think so. He has skill but he’s a bit small and might turn into a perimeter player in the NHL. This bumps him out imo. I could eventually be proven wrong. That happens but right now I’m not convinced.
I definitely should have Coronato going higher but I forgot about him.
Raty might go higher but his draft stock is a bit erratic. He could go top 15 or much later. There’s going to be a lot of intrigue this year. And several surprises.
What else do you disagree with?

Well, a lot will be more clear after the lottery. But I think this draft is overweighted to North America vs Europe. I just don’t see how Buffalo should go with Hughes before Eklund as an example? Guenther is just not that good to be in top 5. Maybe top 10.

Lysell, I can see him drop to very late in first after not so impressive year.
Pastujov: I think he drops to second round
L’heureux might drop to late first or second round
Edmonton will most likely not pick a goalie even they need one.
Othmann and Dean will go in first round.
May 28, 2021 at 5:37 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Great but let’s take a dual threat top six winger instead. Sharks never draft goalies, the scouting department just doesn’t believe in it

Which is why they have G issues. I’d be keen to draft a top G prospect and then develop him slowly for the future.
May 28, 2021 at 5:42 p.m.
Which is why they have G issues. I’d be keen to draft a top G prospect and then develop him slowly for the future.

Maybe, I’m just saying it won’t happen so don’t get your hopes up. I think Detroit takes him as they have plenty of time and would have him ready for when they are actually good
May 28, 2021 at 6:10 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Maybe, I’m just saying it won’t happen so don’t get your hopes up. I think Detroit takes him as they have plenty of time and would have him ready for when they are actually good

I think SJ will have plenty of time since they are thru being contenders.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll