$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
G
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 28, 2021 at 9:36 p.m.
That’s a massive overpayment for a guy that has put up the same per 82 game avg numbers as Debrusk. And it took a horrible season from Debrusk to even it out.
May 28, 2021 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
That’s a massive overpayment for a guy that has put up the same per 82 game avg numbers as Debrusk. And it took a horrible season from Debrusk to even it out.

Bruins fans never want to pay the price for anything on this website. Literally always think pennies on the dollar is sufficient to get big names.

What type of help does garland get? Like, he's in a notoriously defensive system and has not much line support at all. Your first is late rounded in a weak draft, Debrusk doesn't carry the value bruins fans assign to him, and Studnicka isn't a top prospect any more. This is tilted more towards you guys than the Yotes.
May 28, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
Bruins fans never want to pay the price for anything on this website. Literally always think pennies on the dollar is sufficient to get big names.

What type of help does garland get? Like, he's in a notoriously defensive system and has not much line support at all. Your first is late rounded in a weak draft, Debrusk doesn't carry the value bruins fans assign to him, and Studnicka isn't a top prospect any more. This is tilted more towards you guys than the Yotes.

Going into this year nobody would have traded Debrusk straight up for Garland let alone add two more pieces.

Garland does not have that kind of value. He can pull a 1st and solid prospect.

Debrusk put up better numbers his 1st 3 years and nobody would have given that kind of package for him. Before the slump.
May 28, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG

You're trade is effectively "3-firsts" for Garland.
BC bud is extra special at this time of the year...
May 29, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
Quoting: McGruff
You're trade is effectively "3-firsts" for Garland.
BC bud is extra special at this time of the year...

I do not agree that Studnicka is worth a first. He was drafted a 2nd, and while yes he worked his way up the prospect chain last year, was highly underwhelming this year in the NHL, and seemingly off the stats carried that over to the AHL. With no clear spot on the NHL roster asides from a bottom six role, it's not like he will have a chance to regain himself.
Although you wouldn't trade him laterally for a 2nd, that is what I would argue his value is. If you wish to remove him and replace him with a 2nd, I am open to that.

Debrusk is a moderately similar situation to Sam Bennett. He will be 25 when the season starts and, while, like Bennett had an nice start to his career, has fallen off considerably since then. Since he isn't a center, which was a major boost to Bennet's value (also that it was a consensus FLA overpay), I would say they share the same value. Maybe a late first in pure value.

Two late firsts and a late 2nd for a legitimate top 6 piece who should thrive once being released from a defensive system? I don't understand how you guys think this is so ripe. Garland has more depth to his game than Debrusk by a mile and is on an upward path rather than a downward one.
May 29, 2021 at 3:18 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
I do not agree that Studnicka is worth a first. He was drafted a 2nd, and while yes he worked his way up the prospect chain last year, was highly underwhelming this year in the NHL, and seemingly off the stats carried that over to the AHL. With no clear spot on the NHL roster asides from a bottom six role, it's not like he will have a chance to regain himself.
Although you wouldn't trade him laterally for a 2nd, that is what I would argue his value is. If you wish to remove him and replace him with a 2nd, I am open to that.

Debrusk is a moderately similar situation to Sam Bennett. He will be 25 when the season starts and, while, like Bennett had an nice start to his career, has fallen off considerably since then. Since he isn't a center, which was a major boost to Bennet's value (also that it was a consensus FLA overpay), I would say they share the same value. Maybe a late first in pure value.

Two late firsts and a late 2nd for a legitimate top 6 piece who should thrive once being released from a defensive system? I don't understand how you guys think this is so ripe. Garland has more depth to his game than Debrusk by a mile and is on an upward path rather than a downward one.

debrusk and stud have one bad year and their value declines dramatically? i dont think so lol debrusk is all way more well rounded then garland, debrusk can play powerplay and penalty kill, hes fast, likes to get in the corners and fight for the puck, he can be physical, i dont see how debrusk doesnt have depth to his game? garland is a pure scorer thats it, not to mention hes 5'10 and 165lbs the last thing the bruins need is another small speedy winger. I'll pass give studnicka a full season in the nhl which he will most likely get on that third line next season with debrusk and coyle then we will talk again. As for debrusk he has regained his form so far this playoffs.
May 29, 2021 at 6:25 a.m.
Why does SEA do that?

Moore would be like a #8 on their roster and Kase has a $2.6 million QO (which he's not getting). The 3rd doesn't do my for SEA considering they'll have guys like Ritchie, Lauzon, Zboril to choose from.

Btw the Bruins current top 6 is already lethal and Garland is a RW version of JDB, so I don't see how this makes Boston better.
May 29, 2021 at 9:15 a.m.
Edited May 29, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.

Well we don’t agree with your assesment of Debrusk, Studnicka, or Garland. That’s why. 🤷🏻‍♂️

As i said Debrusk was better his first 3 seasons than Garland was in his. He was terrible this year. He also had 2 injuries to start the year, 2 positive Covid tests, battled depression and when he not surprisingly struggled during all that, was demoted, thrown all over the lineup and put on RW a lot where he has always struggled. When he bounces back, he puts up the same if not better stats than Garland. And i certainly don’t remember Bennet averaging 25 goals per 82g to start his career either.

Studnicka, i agree, is not worth a 1st at this point, but we have no idea what he can be at the pro level at this point either as he has not been given the opportunity. I still think his ceiling is low end 2 high end 3.

I don’t agree Garland, a 45 point FW, has that kind of trade value. You would not pay that for a David Perron, Reilly Smith, Tyler Toffoli type of player. It’s shiny new toy syndrome.

Now from Zona’s standpoint, they would not want Debrusk anyway. The entire reason Garland was mentioned as a trade candidate is they are trying to cut payroll and don’t want to give him his raise next year which should be about what Debrusk makes.

Take out Debrusk. 1st/Studnicka you are close to a FMV move that both teams would consider. But with Bergy and DK batting father time, trading away center prospects is not in Boston's best interest.
May 29, 2021 at 9:48 a.m.

It's easy to look at DeBrusk's numbers this season and call him a bottom-six player. However, I did a little "research" if you want to call it that, and watched a couple Bruins games while keeping track of which players did the little things (winning battles along the boards, breaking up passes, keeping plays alive, etc.) the best, and what I found was that Jake DeBrusk was always near or on top of the list. He's also off to a great start to the postseason, which further elevates his value.
May 29, 2021 at 9:56 a.m.
Banned

I agree with you. A lot of them don’t. That said, I kind of agree with him for a couple reasons. The first is that garland is kind of just getting out of the proof of concept stage. I would be worried you pay up for the guy, and he regresses to the mean. The second is, it’s just not a position you need. If you’re going to give up that kind of package, go after a high end top pair LD after the expansion
May 29, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
Hockeynerd Oiler Fan
There's no way Krejci stays for $4M for 1 year. A ton of other teams would snap him up at that price. He'll make at least 5 or more and minimum 2 or more years.
May 29, 2021 at 5:50 p.m.
Quoting: Krahntinuum
There's no way Krejci stays for $4M for 1 year. A ton of other teams would snap him up at that price. He'll make at least 5 or more and minimum 2 or more years.

He does not want to play for anyone else. And his next contract, if there is one, is a 35+. He won’t get more than 2 years.
May 29, 2021 at 8:46 p.m.
Hockeynerd Oiler Fan
Quoting: Gofnut999
He does not want to play for anyone else. And his next contract, if there is one, is a 35+. He won’t get more than 2 years.

He won't take $4M. Not a chance. $5M x 2 maybe. Anything less and he'll change his mind about playing somewhere else. He could get $6 x 2 or even 3 yrs easily to play elsewhere.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll