Forums/Armchair-GM

What about a Kuzy and Jones Trade

Created by: brady_t12
Initial Creation Date: May 30, 2021
Published: May 30 at 2:30
Team: 2021-22 Washington Capitals
Team Explanation
This is not meant to necessarily be a 1 for 1 swap. The values can be reworked. But I think the basis for the deal could be interesting.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Samsonov, Ilya2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Ovechkin, Alex4$10,000,000
Sgarbossa, Michael2$800,000
Granlund, Mikael3$4,000,000
Trades
WSH
  1. Jones, Seth
Additional Details:
This trade assumes an extension for Jones is signed after the deal. Jones already said he’s not coming back to Columbus, so there’s not a whole lot of leverage for them.
CBJ
  1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
Additional Details:
Assuming there is an extension for Jones in place, the caps may need to add, but I wouldn’t go overboard after trading away a guy like Kuzy.
WSH
    SEA
    1. Schultz, Justin
    2. 2021 3rd round pick (ARI)
    WSH
    1. 2021 4th round pick (TOR)
    SJS
    1. Dillon, Brenden
    Additional Details:
    Wherever
    DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
    WSH
    WSH
    TOR
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    WSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$80,636,260$472,927$132,500$863,740
    Left WingCenterRight Wing
    WSH
    Ovechkin, Alex
    $10,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    Granlund, Mikael
    $4,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA
    WSH
    Wilson, Tom
    $5,166,666
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    WSH
    Mantha, Anthony
    $5,700,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    WSH
    Bäckström, Nicklas
    $9,200,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    WSH
    Oshie, T.J.
    $5,750,000
    RW, C
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    WSH
    McMichael, Connor
    $863,333
    C
    RFA - 3
    WSH
    Eller, Lars
    $3,500,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    WSH
    Sheary, Conor
    $1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    WSH
    Hathaway, Garnet
    $1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    WSH
    Dowd, Nic
    $750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    WSH
    Sprong, Daniel
    $725,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    WSH
    Fehérváry, Martin
    $791,667
    LD
    RFA - 2
    WSH
    Carlson, John
    $8,000,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    WSH
    Samsonov, Ilya
    $2,000,000
    G
    RFA
    WSH
    Orlov, Dmitry
    $5,100,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    CBJ
    Jones, Seth
    $5,400,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    WSH
    Vanecek, Vitek
    $716,667
    G
    RFA - 1
    WSH
    Kempný, Michal
    $2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    WSH
    Jensen, Nick
    $2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    WSH
    van Riemsdyk, Trevor
    $950,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    WSH
    Sgarbossa, Michael
    $800,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    WSH
    Hagelin, Carl
    $2,750,000
    LW
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 30 at 2:31
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    I’m going to bed now so I look forward to waking up to many civil comments either telling me this is a good trade or giving me very kind constructive criticism in a civil manner, as is always the case on capfriendly’s site. sarcasm
    Eli liked this.
    May 30 at 2:42
    Go Wings Go
    Jones also said that he plan on testing free agency, So Jones isn't going to sign an extension with the team he's dealt to. And Kuznetsov doesn't get Jones 1 for 1 anyways.
    GMs liked this.
    May 30 at 7:58
    Jones never said he wasn't coming back to cbj
    Eli liked this.
    May 30 at 8:39
    Who adds what?
    CBJ clear a spot to sign Hamilton while he's available, and get a problem-child #1C with the same cap hit as a Nuge or Danault, but less term. Win.

WSH get some depth at RD, and stop having the coach's relationship with a star player be a sideshow. Slight win, if they can afford to re-sign Jones. The above team would need the salary cap to go up about $3M for that to work without additional moves.

Granlund at #1C is very weak, but might be an okay stopgap if McMichael or Lapierre is really going to develop into a top six C? That 2nd line is still going to eat a ton of minutes, so the team can get away with it and make the playoffs, but they may end up renting a center at the deadline to contend.
    May 30 at 8:52
    FoxCzarCup
    Kuzy with is a borderline dump, how does he get Jones???
    May 30 at 8:59
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: DoubleADoubleK
    Kuzy with is a borderline dump, how does he get Jones???

Your team kicks goalies and gets opponents fined for it. Trouba is a dump. Kuznetsov is a #1C whose coach is a d*ck.
    May 30 at 9:04
    FoxCzarCup
    Quoting: Eli
    Your team kicks goalies and gets opponents fined for it. Trouba is a dump. Kuznetsov is a #1C whose coach is a d*ck.

If that makes you feel better, sure. Good luck selling that potion though...
    May 30 at 9:15
    Who adds what?
    If that makes you feel better, sure. Good luck selling that potion though...

I mean, you've got Rangers fans posting trades for Kuznetsov every day, and other Rangers fans trolling Kuznetsov threads claiming he's worthless. Who are you going to believe? The team that kicks goalies after the whistle, and blames Tom Wilson for fighting them? Or the team that blames the league for not suspending Tom Wilson indefinitely after Panarin jumped on his back while he was already fighting Strome? I think Columbus knows Kuznetsov tried drugs in 2018 and was late to a team meeting in 2020. They also know he has three 70 point seasons and four years left at a lower cap hit than they'd have to give RNH seven years of. It's totally their call.
    May 30 at 9:50
    FoxCzarCup
    Quoting: Eli
    I mean, you've got Rangers fans posting trades for Kuznetsov every day, and other Rangers fans trolling Kuznetsov threads claiming he's worthless. Who are you going to believe? The team that kicks goalies after the whistle, and blames Tom Wilson for fighting them? Or the team that blames the league for not suspending Tom Wilson indefinitely after Panarin jumped on his back while he was already fighting Strome? I think Columbus knows Kuznetsov tried drugs in 2018 and was late to a team meeting in 2020. They also know he has three 70 point seasons and four years left at a lower cap hit than they'd have to give RNH seven years of. It's totally their call.

You just blew the tranny by throwing it in reverse, with blinders on! You've convinced yourself that, but rest of the world comprehended the sad reality. Also, 90% of stuff never gets out until it gets out of control. Organizations are well equipped in professionalism, pr, phys & mental health, life coaching... same thing with Tony "stink follows" Deahole. Now your team is publicly saying it's time for him to go.
    Discard the many bad posts by our (& all) fan base that ignore future cap situation. NYR cannot/will not take on RNH @7X7m or Cokesnetsoff @4x7.8m. Some desperate gm will, but I wouldn't expect a Seth Jones in return?!
    May 30 at 10:13
    Who adds what?
    You just blew the tranny by throwing it in reverse, with blinders on! You've convinced yourself that, but rest of the world comprehended the sad reality. Also, 90% of stuff never gets out until it gets out of control. Organizations are well equipped in professionalism, pr, phys & mental health, life coaching... same thing with Tony "stink follows" Deahole. Now your team is publicly saying it's time for him to go.
    Discard the many bad posts by our (& all) fan base that ignore future cap situation. NYR cannot/will not take on RNH 7X7m or Cokesnetsoff 4x7.8m. Some desperate gm will, but I wouldn't expect a Seth Jones in return?!

The Rangers are my team? Cool. I'll take it. I do remember the Rangers saying Deangelo will not play another game in a Rangers jersey. I also remember WSH saying they're always open to offers on any player if it makes their team better, and if it makes sense. Do you hear the difference between those two statements? Do you see the difference between a guy who went -5 in one game and then beat up a teammate and a guy who led the playoffs in points, led his team to its only championship ever, and then celebrated by partying too hard? Talk all you want about how he also celebrates goals by flapping his arms like a bird, but I just don't see that as a significant mental health issue. I am also aware that he was late to a meeting while helping a rookie who doesn't speak much English get to the meeting. I'd call that leadership.
    May 30 at 10:52
    I'm honestly ambivalent about the possibility of Kuznetsov over here because of those off-ice stories. What we've heard is worrisome; what we've undoubtedly not heard that led to the degree of animosity that's there has me seriously concerned.

Jones 1-for-1 is probably not a thing, tho; the trade target for him is going to probably involve futures.
    DoubleADoubleK liked this.
    May 30 at 11:59
    Seth Jones is pretty overrated and his next contact will cripple Washington with the flat Cap.
    With people calling Kuzy “damage goods” He still would be CBJ’s best forward.
    Eli liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Remove Option
    Submit Poll