Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$73,708,135$0$7,550,000$7,791,865
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 30, 2021 at 8:37 a.m.
Ioriomilkshake
Kuzy won't be moved for borderline 2/3 C, a 4th liner and a 2nd rounder. In that case they will keep him and wait until his trade value rise. Caps don't have to move him.
May 30, 2021 at 8:54 a.m.
Who adds what?
I think Chytil and Howden might get a conversation going? Possibly? Just in terms of WSH already being short on center depth and needing some young guys with up-side to solve that. I know some NYR fans think Howden gets claimed in expansion, so he might not seem like a big loss, but WSH would still likely lose a goalie or a defenseman, after picking him up, so he might have a little more value to them than to NYR?
May 30, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
B
Quoting: Capsule
Kuzy won't be moved for borderline 2/3 C, a 4th liner and a 2nd rounder. In that case they will keep him and wait until his trade value rise. Caps don't have to move him.

Quoting: Eli
I think Chytil and Howden might get a conversation going? Possibly? Just in terms of WSH already being short on center depth and needing some young guys with up-side to solve that. I know some NYR fans think Howden gets claimed in expansion, so he might not seem like a big loss, but WSH would still likely lose a goalie or a defenseman, after picking him up, so he might have a little more value to them than to NYR?

Good luck finding a taker. Kuzy @4x7.8m is dump territory. No thanks. Near ppg Strome @1x4.5m and Chytil are a much better fit.
May 30, 2021 at 9:05 a.m.
Ioriomilkshake
Quoting: DoubleADoubleK
Good luck finding a taker. Kuzy 4x7.8m is dump territory. No thanks. Near ppg Strome 1x4.5m and Chytil are a much better fit.

As I said, Caps don't need to find a taker. Better to bet om Kuznetsov to improve his game than getting an underwhelming return.
Eli liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 9:10 a.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: DoubleADoubleK
Good luck finding a taker. Kuzy 4x7.8m is dump territory. No thanks. Near ppg Strome 1x4.5m and Chytil are a much better fit.

If my above comment didn't clue you in, I'm just a regular old Caps fan, cheering for the team to do well. Why would I want to "find a taker" for an 80 point center? Because he tried drugs after leading the NHL in playoff points? He apologized. Years went by without an incident. I forgive him.
May 30, 2021 at 9:17 a.m.
aecliptic
No thanks on Kuzy. Hes a one-zone player and most definitely not a team player.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 9:26 a.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: aecliptic
No thanks on Kuzy. Hes a one-zone player and most definitely not a team player.

He played all three zones for Trotz. Regardless of coach, he passes more than he shoots. In the 2018 playoffs, he was on a 30 goal pace, but he always passes too much to get there in the regular season, when it doesn't matter. Absolute team-first, class act. Helps the rookie goalie get around town. Laviolette benched them twice for showing up late for stuff, together, but given how much better Kuznetsov's English is than Samsonov's, if Kuznetsov weren't helping him get around, Samsonov might not have made it to curfews or meetings at all.

Also, you're commenting on a Rangers fan's request for Kuznetsov, and two Caps fans have already said there's no good reason to move him. Please try and keep up?
May 30, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
He played all three zones for Trotz. Regardless of coach, he passes more than he shoots. In the 2018 playoffs, he was on a 30 goal pace, but he always passes too much to get there in the regular season, when it doesn't matter. Absolute team-first, class act. Helps the rookie goalie get around town. Laviolette benched them twice for showing up late for stuff, together, but given how much better Kuznetsov's English is than Samsonov's, if Kuznetsov weren't helping him get around, Samsonov might not have made it to curfews or meetings at all.

Also, you're commenting on a Rangers fan's request for Kuznetsov, and two Caps fans have already said there's no good reason to move him. Please try and keep up?

Would not make this deal, but its more than they will get...
Eli, youre wrong, im in DC TOO, they are finished with Kutzy... as far as Caps are concerned its addition by subtraction. They will do anything to get Kutz, his cap hit, his contract and whatever the phuk is wrong with him off their bench. He has become a huge issue for the franchise and HES DRAGGING DOWN THEIR GOALIE TOO.
Just because you're a Craps fan means nothing. The reports are out there, his performance has been trash for 2 plus seasons, dont care if you dont like the deal.... Kutznetsov is not getting a "package " back HE IS THE DUMP. YOU PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE YOUR TRASH AWAY.
Rules dont change "because im a caps fan".... lol

For everyone else.... imagine, this is what its like sitting in DC watching a game....their fans are so uninformed about hockey....
May 30, 2021 at 10:47 a.m.

Yes they do.
Yes they will.
For a bag of pucks!!!
Give the craps a bag of pucks, they give you Kutzy AND HIS HUGE BAG OF BLOW!!!

ITS A STEAL!!!
May 30, 2021 at 11:05 a.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: xxToothxx
Would not make this deal, but its more than they will get...
Eli, youre wrong, im in DC TOO, they are finished with Kutzy... as far as Caps are concerned its addition by subtraction. They will do anything to get Kutz, his cap hit, his contract and whatever the phuk is wrong with him off their bench. He has become a huge issue for the franchise and HES DRAGGING DOWN THEIR GOALIE TOO.
Just because you're a Craps fan means nothing. The reports are out there, his performance has been trash for 2 plus seasons, dont care if you dont like the deal.... Kutznetsov is not getting a "package " back HE IS THE DUMP. YOU PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE YOUR TRASH AWAY.
Rules dont change "because im a caps fan".... lol

For everyone else.... imagine, this is what its like sitting in DC watching a game....their fans are so uninformed about hockey....

That sounds great. But for the months of March and April 2020, Kuznetsov tied for 18th in even strength points among NHL centers. While playing 2C behind Backstrom. The other months he was playing through injury, illness, or nonsense benchings.

For everyone else, imagine trying to cheer for your hometown team next to five thousand of this guy. smile
May 30, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
That sounds great. But for the months of March and April 2020, Kuznetsov tied for 18th in even strength points among NHL centers. While playing 2C behind Backstrom. The other months he was playing through injury, illness, or nonsense benchings.

For everyone else, imagine trying to cheer for your hometown team next to five thousand of this guy. smile

Wow.... was it hard to pull up an actual positive stat on Kutzy.... i mean im glad we are only concerned with March and April. Were those the months on cocaine or recovering from?
I believe those were the months he was busy " showing your rookie goalie around"....
Ya know getting COVID, buying some coke....
Hanging with Kutzy is almost like being back in Russia!!!
HELL YEA !!!!!
May 30, 2021 at 11:16 a.m.

Tied for 18th.... how many spots behind R. Strome was he??
May 30, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Who adds what?
Tied for 18th.... how many spots behind R. Strome was he??

Tied. But that was Kuznetsov's only really good two months in a four month season. It was Strome's only good two months in a decade.
Bearshark91 and M_Swann liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Edited May 30, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Tied. But that was Kuznetsov's only really good two months in a four month season. It was Strome's only good two months in a decade.

Lol.... you prove my point. Clueless.

Strome>Kutznetsov for last 2 years....

Thanks

Look it up. Dope.
May 30, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Who adds what?
Lol.... you prove my point. Clueless.

Strome>Kutznetsov for last 2 years....

Thanks

Look it up. Dope.

Strome playing 18 minutes a night with Panarin outscores Kuzentsov playing 16 minutes a night with whoever isn't clicking with Ovechkin and Backstrom? Amazing. Call up Chiarelli and tell him he won that Eberle trade, after all.

Look, the first half of this season, Kuznetsov had, like, four points. He got a foot injury and then covid. But he got better as it went along, and that counts for more among teams that care about the playoffs. Over the last three seasons, he still has 10 more points than Strome, total or at evens. Over the last five years, he's got 88 more points than Strome. Next year, he'll have more points than Strome, too. Especially if he plays with Panarin and Buchnevich, while Strome goes to some team obsessing over who did the best in a 50 game season without any fans in the stands.
May 30, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
aecliptic

If I wanted a center who cant win faceoffs, doesnt play defense particularly well (or just doesnt want to flat out backcheck) and doesnt want to take the body... Id rather keep Strome rather than lose prospects and picks for an essentially lateral move.

Didnt Kuzy miss the first 2 games of the playoffs because he broke COVID protocol... again? Dragging the teams starting goalie down with him. Didnt he also get busted for cocaine use? This guy is top notch.
May 30, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Who adds what?
If I wanted a center who cant win faceoffs, doesnt play defense particularly well (or just doesnt want to flat out backcheck) and doesnt want to take the body... Id rather keep Strome rather than lose prospects and picks for an essentially lateral move.

Didnt Kuzy miss the first 2 games of the playoffs because he broke COVID protocol... again? Dragging the teams starting goalie down with him. Didnt he also get busted for cocaine use? This guy is top notch.

He admitted trying cocaine after leading the NHL in playoff points. Said he regretted it. Then I think some international hockey org tested him and he failed, also during the summer of 2018. Hasn't failed an NHL screen that I've heard of.

He did show up late to a team meeting with the new Russian goalie whose English skills aren't as good as his, three years later. I'd guess he was helping Samsonov get to the meeting. But if that's a mark of bad character, by all means, don't trade for a guy who helps rookies with limited English skills get to team meetings. Especially if they both end up late.

Gosh. What a scandal. Good thing Laviolette scratched them both and held a press conference about it. Right?

Do Rangers fans post Kuznetsov trades just to have an excuse to make fun of him? If you want a rivalry, why not just make the playoffs?
May 30, 2021 at 12:51 p.m.
aecliptic
He admitted trying cocaine after leading the NHL in playoff points. Said he regretted it. Then I think some international hockey org tested him and he failed, also during the summer of 2018. Hasn't failed an NHL screen that I've heard of.

He did show up late to a team meeting with the new Russian goalie whose English skills aren't as good as his, three years later. I'd guess he was helping Samsonov get to the meeting. But if that's a mark of bad character, by all means, don't trade for a guy who helps rookies with limited English skills get to team meetings. Especially if they both end up late.

Gosh. What a scandal. Good thing Laviolette scratched them both and held a press conference about it. Right?

Do Rangers fans post Kuznetsov trades just to have an excuse to make fun of him? If you want a rivalry, why not just make the playoffs?

Are you Kuzy's agent or lawyer? Loving the character defense...

Sadly, youve got nothing to defend his play on the ice. Personally dont care what other Rangers fans think when proposing trades for Kuzy, I stand firmly against it as he is not the type of player this team needs.
May 30, 2021 at 12:54 p.m.
Who adds what?
Are you Kuzy's agent or lawyer? Loving the character defense...

Sadly, youve got nothing to defend his play on the ice. Personally dont care what other Rangers fans think when proposing trades for Kuzy, I stand firmly against it as he is not the type of player this team needs.

You're in luck, because he's not the type of player they'll get.
May 30, 2021 at 1:01 p.m.

He did show up late to a team meeting with the new Russian goalie whose English skills aren't as good as his, three years later. I'd guess he was helping Samsonov get to the meeting. But if that's a mark of bad character, by all means, don't trade for a guy who helps rookies with limited English skills get to team

Lucky for Craps the Rangers didnt make it 2018. Becsuse we all know how well the craps fair against NY in playoffs.... lol.
When was the last Wash playoff advance vs NY. I belueve Federov won game 7.
NY has handled the craps a few times since then.
Hey fun times.... Remember Hank getting shutouts in Games 6 & 7 when down 3-2.... yea that was the craps.
May 30, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
Who adds what?
Lucky for Craps the Rangers didnt make it 2018. Becsuse we all know how well the craps fair against NY in playoffs.... lol.
When was the last Wash playoff advance vs NY. I belueve Federov won game 7.
NY has handled the craps a few times since then.
Hey fun times.... Remember Hank getting shutouts in Games 6 & 7 when down 3-2.... yea that was the craps.

Herik Lundqvist is an all time great goalie. I hope he can come back and play some more, but more than that I hope he stays healthy. Guy can just will the puck into his glove, from anywhere on the ice. Might be a Jedi.
May 30, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.

I mean.... honestly outside of 2018 .... washingtons playoff resume is borderline embarrassing. How hout Halak and that brutal Habs team taking out a Presidents Trophy winner!!
They are even right back to it, 1st round exits, like usual, last 2 springs.
Crapitals spring time hockey , catch it !!! If you can its gone quick!!
May 30, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Ioriomilkshake
I mean.... honestly outside of 2018 .... washingtons playoff resume is borderline embarrassing. How hout Halak and that brutal Habs team taking out a Presidents Trophy winner!!
They are even right back to it, 1st round exits, like usual, last 2 springs.
Crapitals spring time hockey , catch it !!! If you can its gone quick!!

I don't think anyone who follows the Caps care about some playoff losses in the early 2010s, since they actually won the cup since then. But well...if some 2nd round wins are the best your team has managed in 27 years, of course you can feel good about them.
Eli liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Who adds what?

If you think they're even, then WSH probably passes on that conversation. Both WSH and NYR were short on center depth at times this year. NYR could probably afford Kuznetsov for just picks and prospects while keeping Strome. If that made any difference, but I think Rangers fans would rather talk tough than improve their team, right?
May 30, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
I don't think anyone who follows the Caps care about some playoff losses in the early 2010s, since they actually won the cup since then. But well...if some 2nd round wins are the best your team has managed in 27 years, of course you can feel good about them.

Kind of funny, really. Im from the area and before the spring of 2018.... early round exits were exactly what EVERYONE was talking about around here. Thats it period. Remember before '18 , Ovie was dogged constantly for not winning. Especially in his comparison/competition with Crosby.

Im not the one with a short memory here.

And previous history/rivalry was brought out by Eli. I just responded and evidently touched your nerves.

For this particular conversation, some of those 2nd round advances are xtra sweet seeing as how they came at the craps expense.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll