Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$73,708,135$0$7,550,000$7,791,865
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 30, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
aecliptic
Quoting: Eli
If you think they're even, then WSH probably passes on that conversation. Both WSH and NYR were short on center depth at times this year. NYR could probably afford Kuznetsov for just picks and prospects while keeping Strome. If that made any difference, but I think Rangers fans would rather talk tough than improve their team, right?

I dont think Kuzy in any way improves the team. Hes not physical, defensive or good on faceoffs. What exactly is he contributing that Strome isnt? Sure, Kuzy has more offensive flare but thats not where the Rangers are lacking. Rangers lack in push back, physical play, grind out games, faceoffs, closing out games. All things that Kuzy cant help them with.
May 30, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: aecliptic
I dont think Kuzy in any way improves the team. Hes not physical, defensive or good on faceoffs. What exactly is he contributing that Strome isnt? Sure, Kuzy has more offensive flare but thats not where the Rangers are lacking. Rangers lack in push back, physical play, grind out games, faceoffs, closing out games. All things that Kuzy cant help them with.

The Rangers are an above average offense in the NHL. They are an average offense in their division this year, and likely again next year, depending on what the divisions are. Kuznetsov is better at passing and at seeing his teammates on the ice than Strome. He's also got a more accurate shot on the rare occasions he uses it. In the 2018 playoffs, he was on a 30 goal pace, I think? And led the NHL in points? Strome is also not good at hitting or faceoffs, but has not yet led a team in points, that I am aware of. Chytil can play 3C but could be more effective in a wing spot.

Strome is a top six wing who doesn't hit or win faceoffs or backcheck or lead anybody in points, but he doesn't have any character issues that would alarm a young team like, say, Minnesota. Wonder what they'd give for him.
May 30, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
Ioriomilkshake
Quoting: xxToothxx
Kind of funny, really. Im from the area and before the spring of 2018.... early round exits were exactly what EVERYONE was talking about around here. Thats it period. Remember before '18 , Ovie was dogged constantly for not winning. Especially in his comparison/competition with Crosby.

Im not the one with a short memory here.

And previous history/rivalry was brought out by Eli. I just responded and evidently touched your nerves.

For this particular conversation, some of those 2nd round advances are xtra sweet seeing as how they came at the craps expense.

No no I'm just happy for you that you still feel so good about the 2nd round wins.
Eli liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
aecliptic
The Rangers are an above average offense in the NHL. They are an average offense in their division this year, and likely again next year, depending on what the divisions are. Kuznetsov is better at passing and at seeing his teammates on the ice than Strome. He's also got a more accurate shot on the rare occasions he uses it. In the 2018 playoffs, he was on a 30 goal pace, I think? And led the NHL in points? Strome is also not good at hitting or faceoffs, but has not yet led a team in points, that I am aware of. Chytil can play 3C but could be more effective in a wing spot.

Strome is a top six wing who doesn't hit or win faceoffs or backcheck or lead anybody in points, but he doesn't have any character issues that would alarm a young team like, say, Minnesota. Wonder what they'd give for him.

Personally, my realistic center target would be Hertl (very unlikely trade is Lindholm, pipedream is Barkov but I worry about financials long term with recent news about the cap potentially not going up for 5 years). I also dont care if the Rangers are the highest scoring team in the league, because if they are solid defensively like say Boston the goal differential makes up for it.

Strome to Minnesota is something Ive actually done here a couple of times. My target would be Jordan Greenway, although they have no reason to trade him.

I agree about Chytil, hes not a center. Hes a LW.
Eli liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 2:52 p.m.
Who adds what?
Personally, my realistic center target would be Hertl (very unlikely trade is Lindholm, pipedream is Barkov but I worry about financials long term with recent news about the cap potentially not going up for 5 years). I also dont care if the Rangers are the highest scoring team in the league, because if they are solid defensively like say Boston the goal differential makes up for it.

Strome to Minnesota is something Ive actually done here a couple of times. My target would be Jordan Greenway, although they have no reason to trade him.

I agree about Chytil, hes not a center. Hes a LW.

Yeah. If you can get Barkov or LIndholm, certainly, there aren't too many guys who know both ends of the ice as well as they do, and Barkov's offense is on a level with Kuznetsov's so he can definitely help a goal differential. I just don't see those guys getting moved, and if NYR are able to move Strome for someone younger and cheaper, then I think Kuznetsov is a better fit on a team led by Panarin and Buchnevich than any other one-way forward who wouldn't join them in creating the highest-scoring all-Russian forward line in NHL history.

So for the Rangers' current situation, I would see Panarin-Kuznetsov-Buchnevich outscoring Panarin-Monahan-Buchnevich or Panarin-Strome-Buchnevich. Possibly also more than Eichel in that spot, although I don't want to start that argument, really, because it will go forever, and the Rangers have other great linemates available for Eichel who could help him succeed for years if they are able to pick him up. Obviously if Lafreniere and Kakko keep developing on an Eichel line, that could be unstoppable. But Eichel might cost Lafreniere and Kakko, or the equivalent. Kuznetsov really should not.
May 30, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
aecliptic
Yeah. If you can get Barkov or LIndholm, certainly, there aren't too many guys who know both ends of the ice as well as they do, and Barkov's offense is on a level with Kuznetsov's so he can definitely help a goal differential. I just don't see those guys getting moved, and if NYR are able to move Strome for someone younger and cheaper, then I think Kuznetsov is a better fit on a team led by Panarin and Buchnevich than any other one-way forward who wouldn't join them in creating the highest-scoring all-Russian forward line in NHL history.

So for the Rangers' current situation, I would see Panarin-Kuznetsov-Buchnevich outscoring Panarin-Monahan-Buchnevich or Panarin-Strome-Buchnevich. Possibly also more than Eichel in that spot, although I don't want to start that argument, really, because it will go forever, and the Rangers have other great linemates available for Eichel who could help him succeed for years if they are able to pick him up. Obviously if Lafreniere and Kakko keep developing on an Eichel line, that could be unstoppable. But Eichel might cost Lafreniere and Kakko, or the equivalent. Kuznetsov really should not.

That first thought is irrelevant because I dont expect to see Buchnevich with the Rangers next year.
All Ill say about Eichel is I want no part of him on the Rangers.
Lindholm is very unlikely to move.
The only way I see Barkov on the Rangers is he tells management he wont resign and wants to come to the Rangers. However this is simply not in his character.
Hertl I think is our best bet, it will likely cost us Chytil and a 1st round pick.
Eli liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
Who adds what?
That first thought is irrelevant because I dont expect to see Buchnevich with the Rangers next year.
All Ill say about Eichel is I want no part of him on the Rangers.
Lindholm is very unlikely to move.
The only way I see Barkov on the Rangers is he tells management he wont resign and wants to come to the Rangers. However this is simply not in his character.
Hertl I think is our best bet, it will likely cost us Chytil and a 1st round pick.

I mean, didn't Buchnevich lead them in points? I'm so used to following the Caps that I honestly don't know if I understand the idea of an NHL tam selling high on a player after an exceptionally good year.

Hertl and Zibanejad together make NYR a good puck possession team, up front. But Zibanejad and Kuznetsov together could make them an elite goal scoring team. Do you think Kravtsov gets a full time spot?

Because while I don't think Panarin-Kuznetsov-Kravtsov is instantly as good as Vedorv, Larionov, Kozlov this year, if you give them some time together, they might get there. smile
May 30, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.
aecliptic
I mean, didn't Buchnevich lead them in points? I'm so used to following the Caps that I honestly don't know if I understand the idea of an NHL tam selling high on a player after an exceptionally good year.

Hertl and Zibanejad together make NYR a good puck possession team, up front. But Zibanejad and Kuznetsov together could make them an elite goal scoring team. Do you think Kravtsov gets a full time spot?

Because while I don't think Panarin-Kuznetsov-Kravtsov is instantly as good as Vedorv, Larionov, Kozlov this year, if you give them some time together, they might get there. smile

Buchnevich never lead the Rangers in scoring. The reason they would be trading him is because if they do make the big splash trade for a center upgrade, then theres no way they can hold onto Buch without his contract extension having a direct effect on resigning Zib, Fox, Kakko and Kravtsov.

I would rather the Rangers be a better possession team then an elite goal scoring team. Possession is what wins games in the playoffs. Possession draws penalties. Faceoff wins can swing momentum on special teams.

This team will score regardless. Panarin/Zib/Kakko - LAF/Hertl/Kravtsov will do just fine, because theyll be so good on possession, theyll get more opportunities.

I think the goals that Kuzy would add to the team and the defense/possession that Hertl would bring would cancel each other out. So then we come down to, who brings the intangibles which separates teams in the playoffs. in my opinion, thats easily Hertl.
May 30, 2021 at 3:37 p.m.
Kutznetsov sucks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll