Forums/Armchair-GM

Shame on Vegas

Created by: Wqrrior
Team: 2020-21 Vegas Golden Knights
Initial Creation Date: May 30, 2021
Published: May 30, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Disgusting effort tonight - Reminded of the Bertuzzi Sucker punch game from a number of years ago. So many Knights players should be ashamed with this performance.... they are so arrogant that they can't take a clean L and instead use the entire third period to throw their weight with fringe plays?

Reaves better get something (Games. Multiple) out of this, and even Pacioretty after that elbow (at least a fine)
Trades
VGK
    How is it even possible for a team to have THIS MANY dirty players.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the VGK
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$63,212,995$285,772$932,500$18,287,005
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $5,900,000$5,900,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 7
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 4
    $894,167$894,167
    C, LW
    RFA - 4
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 6
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $562,500$562,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 5
    $8,800,000$8,800,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $725,000$725,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $715,556$715,556
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LD
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 30, 2021 at 11:44 p.m.
    Chicago
    Pete Deboer is a dirty coach. He intentionally ices the 4th line to start the game for "Energy". The 2012 line brawl between NJ and NYR was because he put a bunch of scrubs in the starting lineup.
    Wqrrior and OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 30, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
    Oh god. Shut up.. the sprint to social media to be the most outraged is pathetic. That’s not even close to the Bertuzzi incident and you comparing the two is embarrassing and spitting on Steve Moore. The play happens multiple times a year, doesn’t make it right but it’s now on a national stage and it’s Reaves. This post is so disingenuous and just seeking attention
    Cooper2015 and In_Utero liked this.
    May 30, 2021 at 11:49 p.m.
    Quoting: yycofred
    Oh god. Shut up.. the sprint to social media to be the most outraged is pathetic. That’s not even close to the Bertuzzi incident and you comparing the two is embarrassing and spitting on Steve Moore. The play happens multiple times a year, doesn’t make it right but it’s now on a national stage and it’s Reaves. This post is so disingenuous and just seeking attention

This game is nothing that happens multiple times a year. Vegas has been playing a dirty style of hockey for some time now, but this is perhaps their most notable game yet. It's not on the exact level of Bert, but it's the closest thing to it I've seen since then.... you don't see teams literally headhunting players through the entire game with this type of intent to injure. Tonight's play was beyond disgusting. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 30, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
    Daddy
    Playoff hockey baby, not gonna roll over and let them beat up on them on the scoreboard, got to send a message. If you're not gonna beat them, you might as well beat them up.
    May 30, 2021 at 11:56 p.m.
    Log off the internet
    Marchessault is a child.
    Wqrrior liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:03 a.m.
    Vancouerrific
    Add Kolesar to the list
    Wqrrior liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:12 a.m.
    Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
    Playoff hockey baby, not gonna roll over and let them beat up on them on the scoreboard, got to send a message. If you're not gonna beat them, you might as well beat them up.

At least do it cleanly and respectfully like the other 30 teams are able to do. There was not much clean play by Vegas in that final frame. There's no room for this.
    TJTwolf and OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:14 a.m.
    Yeah it was pretty ugly but don't think you can put it anywhere close to the Moore incident, and yes I intentionally refuse to write the piece of garbage's name that was involved. Realistically Pacioretty should get a game for the elbow as it was a (reverse) hit to the head. Reaves was just disgusting. So much for codes for a supposed former enforcer. However the stripeys have a lot to answer for. They let Vegas get away with plenty against the Wild (and yes I'm an Avs fan defending the Wild) and even more tonight. It does almost get you thinking conspiracy theory that the NHL are angling for Vegas to win. I get it that for whatever reason they have a different rule book for the play offs, never will understand why they can't just ref consistently all year round but that's the NHL. Best answer for Colorado is to not engage and do their answering on the scoreboard and do what Burakovsky did if Vegas want to run around like dickheads. Smile at the Vegas player and indicate the scoreboard. Eventually even Refs like tonight's will have to start handing out extra 2's to the Grubby K**ts if they keep randomly throwing punches and trying to instigate.
    Wqrrior and OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:16 a.m.
    HockeyandMusic
    Max’s hit was absolutely fine. He hit a smaller player.
    Cooper2015 liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
    Vancouerrific
    Quoting: TJTwolf
    Yeah it was pretty ugly but don't think you can put it anywhere close to the Moore incident, and yes I intentionally refuse to write the piece of garbage's name that was involved. Realistically Pacioretty should get a game for the elbow as it was a (reverse) hit to the head. Reaves was just disgusting. So much for codes for a supposed former enforcer. However the stripeys have a lot to answer for. They let Vegas get away with plenty against the Wild (and yes I'm an Avs fan defending the Wild) and even more tonight. It does almost get you thinking conspiracy theory that the NHL are angling for Vegas to win. I get it that for whatever reason they have a different rule book for the play offs, never will understand why they can't just ref consistently all year round but that's the NHL. Best answer for Colorado is to not engage and do their answering on the scoreboard and do what Burakovsky did if Vegas want to run around like dickheads. Smile at the Vegas player and indicate the scoreboard. Eventually even Refs like tonight's will have to start handing out extra 2's to the Grubby K**ts if they keep randomly throwing punches and trying to instigate.

You mean the guy this dude in the PFP was traded for?
    May 31, 2021 at 12:26 a.m.
    Quoting: WhereArtTLuongo
    You mean the guy this dude in the PFP was traded for?

Well really you should have said 'Twunt' this dude was traded for to differentiate from the other guys involved in the trade but yes.
    May 31, 2021 at 12:40 a.m.
    Quoting: TheProductionLine
    Max’s hit was absolutely fine. He hit a smaller player.

Primary point of contact with his shoulder was the face, i.e. head. So no, absolutely not fine.
    Wqrrior, OldNYIfan and NickC1988 liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 1:11 a.m.
    HockeyandMusic
    Primary point of contact with his shoulder was the face, i.e. head. So no, absolutely not fine.

And there was no way for him to avoid that
    May 31, 2021 at 1:24 a.m.

There was absolutely every opportunity to do so.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 1:30 a.m.

Patches has a rep for being a pretty dirty player in this league. Only he has control of his shoulder and elbow - flailing it around like that is irresponsible.
    TJTwolf and OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 1:34 a.m.
    HockeyandMusic
    There was absolutely every opportunity to do so.

Other than not hitting him, no there wasn’t. A guy of his size turning around and checking a much smaller player from that angle is going to result in some head contact
    May 31, 2021 at 1:37 a.m.
    Other than not hitting him, no there wasn’t. A guy of his size turning around and checking a much smaller player from that angle is going to result in some head contact

Well we're certainly not going to agree. See the guy coming, brace, push your elbow out and launch your shoulder into his face then you're responsible for your actions. I hope he gets what should be coming to him just as I hope the rest of the thugs do. 1 game for Pacioretty, series minimum for Reaves and early on the golf course for the rest.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 1:52 a.m.
    Quoting: Wqrrior
    This game is nothing that happens multiple times a year. Vegas has been playing a dirty style of hockey for some time now, but this is perhaps their most notable game yet. It's not on the exact level of Bert, but it's the closest thing to it I've seen since then.... you don't see teams literally headhunting players through the entire game with this type of intent to injure. Tonight's play was beyond disgusting. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

I'll say this and be done: when you compare leagues from an attracting more/new fans to the league and sport, the NHL is back in the stoneage.

NFL and the NBA protect their players, especially the stars because that's how you gain new fans.

This idea of how the game is called in regular season vs how it's called during the playoffs really bad from a reffing standpoint.

This is why the NHL is niche league and doesn't compete with the other two leagues.

Time to find your way into 2021 NHL and not be living in the god damned 1960's.
    TJTwolf, OldNYIfan and Wqrrior liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 2:13 a.m.
    Quoting: oneX
    I'll say this and be done: when you compare leagues from an attracting more/new fans to the league and sport, the NHL is back in the stoneage.

NFL and the NBA protect their players, especially the stars because that's how you gain new fans.

This idea of how the game is called in regular season vs how it's called during the playoffs really bad from a reffing standpoint.

This is why the NHL is niche league and doesn't compete with the other two leagues.

Time to find your way into 2021 NHL and not be living in the god damned 1960's.

Some valid points though I'd say you should protect everybody evenly, whether it's a 3rd pair D, a Superstar C or an AHL call up 4th line wing. Consistency is the biggest problem the NHL has.
    OldNYIfan, Wqrrior, Cooper2015 and 1 other person liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 2:52 a.m.
    Cooper

Vegas plays a hard hitting intimidation game . If you want to watch dirty take a peek at Boston or maybe Tom Wilson highlight
    May 31, 2021 at 2:58 a.m.
    Cooper

If you don't like getting hit go play ringette ....there was nothing wrong with the hit you're so unhinged about . So the Avs never play dirty ? Please give it a rest ie Kadri headhunting
    In_Utero liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 3:15 a.m.
    Quoting: Cooper2015
    Vegas plays a hard hitting intimidation game . If you want to watch dirty take a peek at Boston or maybe Tom Wilson highlight

Most of the players in the "trade" at the top make it a habit to do fringe activities regularly. Boston and Wilson also have their dirty moments, but that doesn't mean Vegas isn't dirty. Collectively they are the dirtiest team in the league. Late hits, cheap shots, targeting stars, throwing elbows, charging, and whatever the crap tonight was - there's no way you can argue that this team isn't as dirty as Boston, or that Reaves is cleaner than Wilson. Wilson and Reaves both currently are on top of the NHL on this scale.
    TJTwolf liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 3:33 a.m.
    Quoting: Cooper2015
    If you don't like getting hit go play ringette ....there was nothing wrong with the hit you're so unhinged about . So the Avs never play dirty ? Please give it a rest ie Kadri headhunting

There was a lot wrong with it and I have no idea what ringette is so that was wasted on me. As for 'unhinged'? Pfft! I've merely argued my point of view. Seems the only person getting unhinged is yourself. Did I say the Avs never make a dirty play or bad play? Did I mention Kadri's hit? Nope! For what it's worth Kadri's play whilst maybe not deserving 8 games was certainly suspension worthy. Terrible hit and indefensible otherwise.
    oneX liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 3:40 a.m.
    Quoting: yycofred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi87IX9UmE

So I made this post a good bit before this was uploaded, and at the 11:00 -12:00 timestamps, THG literally makes the same connection to there being some type of overlap to the Steve Moore / Bertuzzi incident.

It's noteworthy WHAT I am comparing. I'm not saying this is equivalently as ugly, I'm saying that I have not seen an incident quite like it before.

@TJTwolf @oneX @TheProductionLine
    oneX liked this.
    May 31, 2021 at 4:04 a.m.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi87IX9UmE

So I made this post a good bit before this was uploaded, and at the 11:00 -12:00 timestamps, THG literally makes the same connection to there being some type of overlap to the Steve Moore / Bertuzzi incident.

It's noteworthy WHAT I am comparing. I'm not saying this is equivalently as ugly, I'm saying that I have not seen an incident quite like it before.

TJTwolf oneX TheProductionLine

Totally get what you (and the guy in the video) are saying with the retaliatory aspect and potential to bubble over and such, and that aspect being similar to the assault on Moore, thankfully the results were (appear to be) different which is perhaps the reason I'm saying it isn't comparable. However, I shouldn't be a hypocrite as I've always said punish the infraction not the result, and on that aspect I totally agree with you.
    Wqrrior liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll