May 31, 2021 at 9:17 p.m.
Please air your grievances against this team here, instead of ACGMs
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:23 p.m.
Is Dubas getting canned?
May 31, 2021 at 9:25 p.m.
Trad Breliving
I feel bad for Dubas man.

He’s given the team everything they needed.

It’s on the players.

There’s so many things to be frustrated about, that I can’t even narrow it down.
May 31, 2021 at 9:34 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: GarthBrooks
Is Dubas getting canned?

No.

I know on CapFriendly the thing to do is go after the glasses nerd, but this loss wasn't on him. Well, mostly not on him. He's made a ton of great acquisitions to actually get the team to this point. I don't think he counted on the Rocket Richard winner and his teammate who had more points than him being absolutely useless in the playoffs.
May 31, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
No.

I know on CapFriendly the thing to do is go after the glasses nerd, but this loss wasn't on him. Well, mostly not on him. He's made a ton of great acquisitions to actually get the team to this point. I don't think he counted on the Rocket Richard winner and his teammate who had more points than him being absolutely useless in the playoffs.

It'll be better when we watch Kadri raise the cup right boys?
May 31, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
No.

2 players cannot win a series, ask the Oilers
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
No.

Montreal had the leafs number, they figured out how to can Matthews and Marner, and did so FLAWLESSLY.

does that mean anybody should be traded? IMO, nope. Montreal adjusted and figured out how to can us after game five, we didnt respond and adjust accordingly. IMO this one is on the coaches for not studying how to respond to montreal's stingy game.
Octopus_Guy, MapleLeafsfan2003, Trickster and 1 other person liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Montreal had the leafs number, they figured out how to can Matthews and Marner, and did so FLAWLESSLY.

does that mean anybody should be traded? IMO, nope. Montreal adjusted and figured out how to can us after game five, we didnt respond and adjust accordingly. IMO this one is on the coaches for not studying how to respond to montreal's stingy game.

this is why you need DEPTH on your team, which the leafs DO NOT HAVE because 50% of their cap is on 4 players, the oilers found out 9 days ago.
jpsnow13 liked this.
You know nothing JS
Edited May 31, 2021 at 9:52 p.m.
"Danault is not a 1C."
" Price's best years are behind him."
" Montreal lacks star power."
" Weber is a capdump."

So, have we learned something today?
lucal2228, Octopus_Guy, Chopper02 and 1 other person liked this.
torontos finest
Quoting: GarthBrooks
It'll be better when we watch Kadri raise the cup right boys?

hurr durr kadri trade. All I have to say he is very lucky to be on that Avalanche team. He's not exactly putting up numbers of them.

Quoting: athrin
2 players cannot win a series, ask the Oilers

Toronto would've done much better had their two best players excelled in this series.

Matthews can stay. I hope it was Marners last game as a Leaf. Dude was flaccid beyond belief when the team needed him the most.
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
this is why you need DEPTH on your team, which the leafs DO NOT HAVE because 50% of their cap is on 4 players, the oilers found out 9 days ago.

well they do have depth, INJURIES FREAKING KILLED US. Their second line center was out all series! All they had was AM34!!
May 31, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
WentWughes
EZ CLAP. I'm done and out.
May 31, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: jpsnow13
"Danault is not a 1C."
" Price's best years are behind him."
" Montreal lacks star power."
" Weber is a capdump."

So, have learned something today?

Remember when Toronto won three straight and you didn't show your face around here like an absolute coward? Go back to doing that.
May 31, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
hurr durr kadri trade. All I have to say he is very lucky to be on that Avalanche team. He's not exactly putting up numbers of them.

Toronto would've done much better had their two best players excelled in this series.

Matthews can stay. I hope it was Marners last game as a Leaf. Dude was flaccid beyond belief when the team needed him the most.

I can't part with marner, the guy's heart is in it, and he got in his own head. His mistakes were too much for him to handle, the guy bleeds blue through and through.

He couldnt win the war against the devil inside himself.
May 31, 2021 at 9:44 p.m.
Go leafs go
Pathetic.

On the bright side, the Steve dangle video for this is going to be epic.
May 31, 2021 at 9:45 p.m.
Go leafs go
I can't part with marner, the guy's heart is in it, and he got in his own head. His mistakes were too much for him to handle, the guy bleeds blue through and through.

Except that he looked like an echl player in game 7, and an ahl player the rest of the series.

Trade him now.
May 31, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
well they do have depth, INJURIES FREAKING KILLED US. Their second line center was out all series! All they had was AM34!!

oh plz, Jets did not have Ehlers or Duboi for like the first 2 games and still swept McDavid, like i said outside the top 4 leafs have nothing.
jpsnow13 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:49 p.m.

Quoting: Saskleaf
Except that he looked like an echl player in game 7, and an ahl player the rest of the series.

Trade him now.

I love Marner too but I hate his contract. I swear if he made as much as Nylander we wouldn't be harping on him so much. The flat caps gonna be tough but it'll probably be Nylander being traded over Marner if a move was to be made. Marner and Matthews are the face of the team, they're untouchable
May 31, 2021 at 9:49 p.m.

Trade him now.

You bunch of losers. Remember when everyone was like, "Glad we didnt trade him!" he's a good hockey player, but he wasnt productive this playoffs, it happens to everyone.

he got stuck in his own head and couldnt break out of it
May 31, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
Go leafs go
You bunch of losers. Remember when everyone was like, "Glad we didnt trade him!" he's a good hockey player, but he wasnt productive this playoffs, it happens to everyone.

he got stuck in his own head and couldnt break out of it

But it was just extremely painful to watch him.

He did not score for one. But without the puck he was horrible. He gave up so many turnovers.

Everyone struggles sometimes. But when you have the 3rd most points in the regular season you should not have a 17 game goal drought. That's not struggling, it's showing you are not a playoffs performer.

I don't want to hate on Marner, I realize it's probably really hard on him. I feel really sorry for him. But he has to be better. He just does. Or he needs to be traded.
May 31, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
But it was just extremely painful to watch him.

He did not score for one. But without the puck he was horrible. He gave up so many turnovers.

Everyone struggles sometimes. But when you have the 3rd most points in the regular season you should not have a 17 game goal drought. That's not struggling, it's showing you are not a playoffs performer.

I don't want to hate on Marner, I realize it's probably really hard on him. I feel really sorry for him. But he has to be better. He just does. Or he needs to be traded.

Agreed. He needs to get out of his own head, and just play. Be the Mitch Marner we all know and love. Prove it, prove us all wrong.
Saskleaf and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
Go leafs go
Agreed. He needs to get out of his own head, and just play. Be the Mitch Marner we all know and love. Prove it, prove us all wrong.

What do you mean "get out of his own head"?
May 31, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
The worst part of this loss is I don't even know the direction I want my team to go.

Last year I thought the D wasn't good enough, and I didn't think the team was tough enough. They were deep, but at the same time not very deep at all if that made sense.

They brought in Brodie and Bogosian to stabilize the D. They brought in the veteran leadership/depth with Spezza again, Simmonds, Foligno, Thornton (great leader even though he can't skate anymore), etc. This is a great D core. Great depth on paper. Best goaltending we've had since Matthews got here. Nothing

We've got 2 of the top 5 scorers, and two more top stars. Hyman has been producing like a great top line winger for 2 years. I know we had a 1st line quality center and 1st pair quality D down, but it's the Habs for crying out loud. hats off to them on the comeback, but come on.

I just don't know how they could have built the team much better. Like of course you can be Tampa, but this was pretty damn good. The excuse also used to be a young team taking Boston to 7. Last 2 have been Columbus and Montreal. 2 fringe playoff teams at best, no offense. I don't know what I want improved. Marner gone? Maybe, but he was top 5 in points. Do you let this be an impulsive reaction? Matthews was swarmed the whole time, they let Marner and Hyman take the dangerous looks and Price was simply better. Got stoned in the playoffs by three goalies in two years, but does that even matter?

Where do you go from here without either making irreversible decisions like trading a 23 year old *regular season* superstar? Just fill it out, different names but more or less the same team, and hope for a better result? The definition of insanity is proceeding with the same actions and expecting a different outcome, but what can Dubas even do that much better?

I guess you just hope for some better health and hope that free agents are dumb enough to sign here
May 31, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Quoting: leafs101
The worst part of this loss is I don't even know the direction I want my team to go.

Last year I thought the D wasn't good enough, and I didn't think the team was tough enough. They were deep, but at the same time not very deep at all if that made sense.

They brought in Brodie and Bogosian to stabilize the D. They brought in the veteran leadership/depth with Spezza again, Simmonds, Foligno, Thornton (great leader even though he can't skate anymore), etc. This is a great D core. Great depth on paper. Best goaltending we've had since Matthews got here. Nothing

We've got 2 of the top 5 scorers, and two more top stars. Hyman has been producing like a great top line winger for 2 years. I know we had a 1st line quality center and 1st pair quality D down, but it's the Habs for crying out loud. hats off to them on the comeback, but come on.

I just don't know how they could have built the team much better. Like of course you can be Tampa, but this was pretty damn good. The excuse also used to be a young team taking Boston to 7. Last 2 have been Columbus and Montreal. 2 fringe playoff teams at best, no offense. I don't know what I want improved. Marner gone? Maybe, but he was top 5 in points. Do you let this be an impulsive reaction? Matthews was swarmed the whole time, they let Marner and Hyman take the dangerous looks and Price was simply better. Got stoned in the playoffs by three goalies in two years, but does that even matter?

Where do you go from here without either making irreversible decisions like trading a 23 year old *regular season* superstar? Just fill it out, different names but more or less the same team, and hope for a better result? The definition of insanity is proceeding with the same actions and expecting a different outcome, but what can Dubas even do that much better?

I guess you just hope for some better health and hope that free agents are dumb enough to sign here

trade marner and sign 2 player at 5-6M each that can score 20+ goals 50+ points, you know like Tafolli and Josh Anderson, DEPTH and have a bunch of 35+ year olds is not good depth. Oilers lost because McDavid and Drai where shut down, Leafs lost because marner and Mathews where shut down (Tavares was injured, that is where true depth is important).

2 years ago i said leafs should trade marner and not re-sign him to address the D and goalie weakness but they go and sign him to 11m...for a guy whose point is mostly assists...
May 31, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
trade marner and sign 2 player at 5-6M each that can score 20+ goals 50+ points, you know like Tafolli and Josh Anderson, DEPTH and have a bunch of 35+ year olds is not good depth. Oilers lost because McDavid and Drai where shut down, Leafs lost because marner and Mathews where shut down (Tavares was injured, that is where true depth is important).

see but I think they had that. They shut down AM and MM, yes. But we also should have been able to roll out

Foligno - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Jumbo - Engvall - Spezza

which is great depth. Easily could have got the job done. But at the same time even without JT they should have found a way. Trade Marner and get who? Marner was elite all season and then this? Like **** i just don't know

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll