SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Maple Leaf Fans Wake UP

May 31, 2021 at 9:37 p.m.
ALjet12
This team has been losers for so long. The team was constructed to be Stanley Cup contenders. They have won a darn thing. All of the media, fans and organization kiss their butts. You guys treat yourselves like the New York Yankees but that team has legacy of winning. Now you can't complain about your goalie, its not his fault. Now you did not have Tarvares but real champions can with stand a loss like that. CBJ and NYI are much better overall teams than the Leafs. As fans are you not fed up with losing every single time. You fans better make your voices heard. Call to socail media create billboards calling for a reconstruction do something. How can you call your self fans with out taking action. Leafs are pathetic. WAKE UP!!!
May 31, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
I've reached the point where I expect Dubas to make a HUGE trade (Marner) or have him f**k off and get someone who will. It's pathetic
May 31, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
Zero fight in Mathews and Marner, each overpaid, and difficult to build a team around the big 4.
May 31, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
ALjet12
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
I've reached the point where I expect Dubas to make a HUGE trade (Marner) or have him f**k off and get someone who will. It's pathetic

Marner makes too much money no one is going to take him, Nylander the person that showed up will probably be traded
athrin liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
Torts and Broudeau for coach and assistant next year. That'll smarten up those young punks.
May 31, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
Roster Architect
"Now you did not have Tarvares but real champions can with stand a loss like that." ... please tell me the last time (or anytime) that a team has gone on to win the Stanley Cup after losing their captain, (and arguably top 20 player in the league) within 10 minutes of game 1 in the first round?

I'm not saying the Leafs performed as they should have. But saying a statement like this is pure ignorance and you clearly don't know anything about hockey if that's what you think and all you're trying to do is troll an entire fan base.

LOL
Octopus_Guy and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
exo2769
I've been saying they're built for regular season hockey for years. I wouldn't discount JT and Muzzin both being out though. To give these guys super high contracts before ever really doing anything is rough. If you have a shutdown player like Danault was...you can keep Matthews quiet. It's guys like Danault that allows teams to go as far as they have. BOS has Bergeron, STL has O'Reilly, CHI Toews. Playoff teams NEED those guys.
Octopus_Guy liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:44 p.m.
When your core consistently delivers the same results that is what they are capable of, accept it or make changes
May 31, 2021 at 9:45 p.m.
You know nothing JS
I totally agree. Defense wins championships. You need a decent shutdown bottom 6. A reliable top 4. A proven goalie.

Also, stop predicting the Stanley Cup to a team who only offered evidence of beeing unable to win a round. PLZ.
athrin and Octopus_Guy liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:49 p.m.
ALjet12
Quoting: TrueCanuck
"Now you did not have Tarvares but real champions can with stand a loss like that." ... please tell me the last time (or anytime) that a team has gone on to win the Stanley Cup after losing their captain, (and arguably top 20 player in the league) within 10 minutes of game 1 in the first round?

I'm not saying the Leafs performed as they should have. But saying a statement like this is pure ignorance and you clearly don't know anything about hockey if that's what you think and all you're trying to do is troll an entire fan base.

LOL

Steven Stamkos. LEAFS were heavily favored the Athletic favored the 80%. This series was not even supose to be close they have Marner and Mathews thats enough skill. Candians just out worked them
jpsnow13 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
Roster Architect
Quoting: ALjet12
Steven Stamkos. LEAFS were heavily favored the Athletic favored the 80%. This series was not even supose to be close they have Marner and Mathews thats enough skill. Candians just out worked them

Stamkos? You mean the guy that was so good at centre that he got moved to the wing? When did he get completely knocked out on the ice in a gruesome injury? Just because he missed the playoffs doesn't mean it's the same thing. The Lightning have the best depth lineup in the salary cap era. Stamkos goes down and they have 3 guys who can play top 6 centre behind him. That's not a good comparison at all.

Again, I literally said I'm not giving the Leafs any excuse for not performing. But saying that they should have been able to overcome such a brutal injury to win is just idiotic.
May 31, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
Roster Architect
Quoting: jpsnow13
I totally agree. Defense wins championships. You need a decent shutdown bottom 6. A reliable top 4. A proven goalie.

Also, stop predicting the Stanley Cup to a team who only offered evidence of beeing unable to win a round. PLZ.

The Leafs literally have all of what you listed. None of that was their issue. Their issue was scoring goals.
May 31, 2021 at 10:01 p.m.
ALjet12
Stamkos? You mean the guy that was so good at centre that he got moved to the wing? When did he get completely knocked out on the ice in a gruesome injury? Just because he missed the playoffs doesn't mean it's the same thing. The Lightning have the best depth lineup in the salary cap era. Stamkos goes down and they have 3 guys who can play top 6 centre behind him. That's not a good comparison at all.

Again, I literally said I'm not giving the Leafs any excuse for not performing. But saying that they should have been able to overcome such a brutal injury to win is just idiotic.

In hockey the most team based sport one guy doesn't win or lose you a series. Leafs were still heavily favored in every aspect.You asked for a very productive captain and I gave it to you now you complain because you got schooled. Say something that holds weight buddy
May 31, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
Roster Architect
In hockey the most team based sport one guy doesn't won or lose you a series. You asked for a very productive captain and I gave it to you now you complain because you got schooled. Say something that holds weight buddy

LOL

You've listed nothing of the same variety. You mention losing a captain, that's the only thing that was similar in your statement. Tavares is far more important to Toronto than Stamkos is to Tampa (not saying who's better, saying who's more important). It's about importance to a team. & when Tampa is loaded with depth (again they moved Stamkos to the wing for that playoffs and had 3 other centres play over Stamkos - those were Point, Cirelli, and Gourde). So yes, if a team has 2 top 6 calibre centres playing in their bottom 6 already, they might be able to sustain overcoming that big of an injury.

You want a comparable from Tampa in terms of importance to their team? Look at what happened when they lost Hedman to injury the year before after being the best team in league history.. they got swept. That's how important some players are to teams and that's the level of Tavares' importance to the team.
May 31, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
You know nothing JS
The Leafs literally have all of what you listed. None of that was their issue. Their issue was scoring goals.

Yes! more offence! You really get it! Go get another 10M player! Offense win championships! Beaten by Montreal offense power house! LOL
MapleLeafsfan2003 and exo2769 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
Please win the cup
This team has been losers for so long. The team was constructed to be Stanley Cup contenders. They have won a darn thing. All of the media, fans and organization kiss their butts. You guys treat yourselves like the New York Yankees but that team has legacy of winning. Now you can't complain about your goalie, its not his fault. Now you did not have Tarvares but real champions can with stand a loss like that. CBJ and NYI are much better overall teams than the Leafs. As fans are you not fed up with losing every single time. You fans better make your voices heard. Call to socail media create billboards calling for a reconstruction do something. How can you call your self fans with out taking action. Leafs are pathetic. WAKE UP!!!

It doesn't help that price is a playoff beast, and the refs like playing against us. All I'll say now, if feel like destroying something right now.
May 31, 2021 at 10:20 p.m.
ALjet12
LOL

You've listed nothing of the same variety. You mention losing a captain, that's the only thing that was similar in your statement. Tavares is far more important to Toronto than Stamkos is to Tampa (not saying who's better, saying who's more important). It's about importance to a team. & when Tampa is loaded with depth (again they moved Stamkos to the wing for that playoffs and had 3 other centres play over Stamkos - those were Point, Cirelli, and Gourde). So yes, if a team has 2 top 6 calibre centres playing in their bottom 6 already, they might be able to sustain overcoming that big of an injury.

You want a comparable from Tampa in terms of importance to their team? Look at what happened when they lost Hedman to injury the year before after being the best team in league history.. they got swept. That's how important some players are to teams and that's the level of Tavares' importance to the team.

A Team that has Mathews, Marner, Foligno, Nylander, Reilly has plenty of offense to get through the Canadians defense. Price played out of his mind but that sure have enough to score. They just did not bring the effort. So yeah comparing to the Lightning in terms of offense is fair. They also have a better defense in Reilly, Brodie and Muzzin. You not going to win this argument buddy
May 31, 2021 at 10:21 p.m.
Roster Architect
Yes! more offence! You really get it! Go get another 10M player! Offense win championships! Beaten by Montreal offense power house! LOL

Wow. Kids these days really can't read on here cause I never said anything close to that. But when you say they need "a decent shutdown bottom 6. A reliable top 4. A proven goalie." then don't realize they had that already is pretty irgnorant.

1. "decent shutdown bottom 6" - well the team placed top 7 in goals against this season, and actually had a better goals against than Montreal in the series.
2. "a reliable top 4" - see point above
3. "a proven goalie" - outside of game 7, Campbell was better than Price in the series. That seems to be pretty proven.
May 31, 2021 at 10:22 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Wow. Kids these days really can't read on here cause I never said anything close to that. But when you say they need "a decent shutdown bottom 6. A reliable top 4. A proven goalie." then don't realize they had that already is pretty irgnorant.

1. "decent shutdown bottom 6" - well the team placed top 7 in goals against this season, and actually had a better goals against than Montreal in the series.
2. "a reliable top 4" - see point above
3. "a proven goalie" - outside of game 7, Campbell was better than Price in the series. That seems to be pretty proven.

GET OUT OF HERE 🤣

You are officially blocked, kid.
May 31, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
Roster Architect
A Team that has Mathews, Marner, Foligno, Nylander, Reilly has plenty of offense to get through the Canadians defense. Price played out of his mind but that sure have enough to score. They just did not bring the effort. So yeah comparing to the Lightning in terms of offense is fair. They also have a better defense in Reilly, Brodie and Muzzin. You not going to win this argument buddy

So now you're comparing a teams offence of Matthews, Marner, Foligno (who's not a goal scorer so that's a terrible add from you), Nylander and Rielly to an offence with the likes of Kucherov, Point, Palat, Killorn, Gourde, Cirelli, Johnson, Hedman, Sergachev, etc... sorry but if you think that's a fair comparison, you need to check your head.
May 31, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
Roster Architect
GET OUT OF HERE 🤣

You are officially blocked, kid.

LOL... well I found the most immature user on this site.
May 31, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
ALjet12
So now you're comparing a teams offence of Matthews, Marner, Foligno (who's not a goal scorer so that's a terrible add from you), Nylander and Rielly to an offence with the likes of Kucherov, Point, Palat, Killorn, Gourde, Cirelli, Johnson, Hedman, Sergachev, etc... sorry but if you think that's a fair comparison, you need to check your head.

I am not comparing who has a better offense if you read my comments, I am saying they have enough offense support to withstand the loss of their second line center when you play a team like Canadians that has an average defense
jpsnow13 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
Roster Architect
I am not comparing who has a better offense if you read my comments, I am saying they have enough offense support to withstand the loss of their second line center when you play a team like Canadians that has an average defense

that "second line centre" would be a 1st line centre on 90% of the teams in the league. So tell me how many teams can withstand losing their #1 centre in game 1, and still go on to win the cup? ... the answer is 0 and if you say anything else than you're lying to yourself.

Even if Toronto woulda won this series and moved on, they weren't winning the cup with a centre core of Matthews, Kerfoot, Engvall, and Spezza. & you're shooting straight BS if you think they should have.
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
May 31, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
Go leafs go

LOL

Stamkos.....
May 31, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.
ALjet12
that "second line centre" would be a 1st line centre on 90% of the teams in the league. So tell me how many teams can withstand losing their #1 centre in game 1, and still go on to win the cup? ... the answer is 0 and if you say anything else than you're lying to yourself.

Even if Toronto woulda won this series and moved on, they weren't winning the cup with a centre core of Matthews, Kerfoot, Engvall, and Spezza. & you're shooting straight BS if you think they should have.

Is Steven Stamkos not a first line center on most teams. The only reason why Tampa moved him to wing was Point producing greatly and Stamkos was just returning from injuring at less than 100%. Buddy Tavares would return in the second round if Leafs moved on.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll