RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $4,333,333$4,333,333
    C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,571,429$3,571,429
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 5
    $863,333$863,333
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    G
    RFA - 3
    $4,725,000$4,725,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $2,550,000$2,550,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $950,000$950,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    RW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
    CBJ laughs at you while they hang up the phone
    Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
    If the Flyers make that Jones trade I will want to die
    Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
    BRUCE THERE IT IS
    Canucks say yes before philly can decline
    Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
    Quoting: GirouxFanclub
    If the Flyers make that Jones trade I will want to die

I know, wouldn't it be nice having a legit #1 RD?
    Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
    Quoting: Dmh1055
    I know, wouldn't it be nice having a legit #1 RD?

"legit #1 RD" more like overrated #4 D. Jones would be nice to have as a top 4 guy but he is so overrated and you would have to give up way too much to get him. And also for his next contract he's going to want way too much money for the my liking and considering we have to pay Giroux (our captain) Couturier (our best player) and Farabee (our future best player) it's not worth it at all to get him.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
    "legit #1 RD" more like overrated #4 D. Jones would be nice to have as a top 4 guy but he is so overrated and you would have to give up way too much to get him. And also for his next contract he's going to want way too much money for the my liking and considering we have to pay Giroux (our captain) Couturier (our best player) and Farabee (our future best player) it's not worth it at all to get him.

The Flyers don't even have a #4 assuming that your analysis on Jones is correct. Myers looked like a fringe NHL player last season and Braun filled in admirably as a #3 or #4 but we all know for a full season he's a #6 at best at this point in his career.

As for re-signing Giroux and Couturier, the priority would be re-signing Couturier and see what is left for Giroux in my opinion. Couturier did not want to commit to re-signing in Philly when asked during the exit interviews. That tells me the Flyers need to make a move to improve the team and it better be significant. Otherwise Coots is leaving and if that happens Giroux probably does too. So while I appreciate your concern for future cap space, the team has more than just a dollar salary cap issue. It needs to improve to show the current players it has interest in being a contender. Otherwise the Flyers will become a place where Free Agents leave not a place they come to. And that will be a sad realization. Worse than Salary Cap issues.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:22 a.m.
    The Flyers don't even have a #4 assuming that your analysis on Jones is correct. Myers looked like a fringe NHL player last season and Braun filled in admirably as a #3 or #4 but we all know for a full season he's a #6 at best at this point in his career.

As for re-signing Giroux and Couturier, the priority would be re-signing Couturier and see what is left for Giroux in my opinion. Couturier did not want to commit to re-signing in Philly when asked during the exit interviews. That tells me the Flyers need to make a move to improve the team and it better be significant. Otherwise Coots is leaving and if that happens Giroux probably does too. So while I appreciate your concern for future cap space, the team has more than just a dollar salary cap issue. It needs to improve to show the current players it has interest in being a contender. Otherwise the Flyers will become a place where Free Agents leave not a place they come to. And that will be a sad realization. Worse than Salary Cap issues.

The problem I have with it is why trade that much for 4th defenseman and then overpay him by a lot next offseason
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
    The problem I have with it is why trade that much for 4th defenseman and then overpay him by a lot next offseason

4th defenseman is your opinion. Jones is likely to be the most highly sought after trade target of the summer by NHL GM's and Scouts who have a job to evaluate talent. I have seen nothing other than your opinion that values Jones as a #4 defenseman.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:28 a.m.
    4th defenseman is your opinion. Jones is likely to be the most highly sought after trade target of the summer by NHL GM's and Scouts who have a job to evaluate talent. I have seen nothing other than your opinion that values Jones as a #4 defenseman.

I would rather trade less for a player that has been better the past 2 years (dunn, cernak for example)
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:41 a.m.
    I would rather trade less for a player that has been better the past 2 years (dunn, cernak for example)

Dunn adds to the logjam of LD the Flyers already have. I don't believe he is a fit here. He's also still unproven.
    Cernak is cost controlled by Tampa for 2 more years. I doubt he'll be cheap to acquire and for the price he's unproven outside of that great Tampa team. Is he product of his environment? That's a big concern.

Jones is more proven. A RHD defenseman. He's a 7-8 million dollar defenseman who can play with Provorov and put up 35-40 assists. Yes that's his pacing over the last 2 years which look like down years as Columbus had a fall from playoff contention as a team in those years. He is a bankable asset to the team and would be a major contributor. Calling him a #4 is foolish. He may just be a #2 but when Provorov is here and York is coming that's a really awesome top 3 for years to come. It would be even better if the Flyers can find a way to get Jones and keep Sanheim.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:46 a.m.
    Dunn adds to the logjam of LD the Flyers already have. I don't believe he is a fit here. He's also still unproven.
    Cernak is cost controlled by Tampa for 2 more years. I doubt he'll be cheap to acquire and for the price he's unproven outside of that great Tampa team. Is he product of his environment? That's a big concern.

Jones is more proven. A RHD defenseman. He's a 7-8 million dollar defenseman who can play with Provorov and put up 35-40 assists. Yes that's his pacing over the last 2 years which look like down years as Columbus had a fall from playoff contention as a team in those years. He is a bankable asset to the team and would be a major contributor. Calling him a #4 is foolish. He may just be a #2 but when Provorov is here and York is coming that's a really awesome top 3 for years to come. It would be even better if the Flyers can find a way to get Jones and keep Sanheim.

Yeah Jones has proven he is a cone when it comes to defense the past 3 years. Dunn can play both sides making him even more valuable. Dunn is better offensively, defensively, special teams, younger, cost less in a trade, cost less contract wise. Idk why anyone thinks Jones is a better option then Dunn
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:52 a.m.
    Yeah Jones has proven he is a cone when it comes to defense the past 3 years. Dunn can play both sides making him even more valuable. Dunn is better offensively, defensively, special teams, younger, cost less in a trade, cost less contract wise. Idk why anyone thinks Jones is a better option then Dunn

The trend here is you prefer younger unproven players who play with star level players on contending teams. Got you. Jones while effective doesn't have the supporting cast of partners that Dunn has and even has had in St. Louis nor the overall quality of team that Cernak has had with Tampa Bay. So Seth Jones therefore must be a cone that puts up 35 to 40 assists a year that neither comparable player has done. Dunn is also a LHD defenseman. While he may play RD he's not best suited for that role. Dunn is not a player the Flyers should pursue.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
    The trend here is you prefer younger unproven players who play with star level players on contending teams. Got you. Jones while effective doesn't have the supporting cast of partners that Dunn has and even has had in St. Louis nor the overall quality of team that Cernak has had with Tampa Bay. So Seth Jones therefore must be a cone that puts up 35 to 40 assists a year that neither comparable player has done. Dunn is also a LHD defenseman. While he may play RD he's not best suited for that role. Dunn is not a player the Flyers should pursue.

You make 0 sense. Jones has been paired with Werenski for half a decade and when Werenski got injured this year Jones was seriously one of the worst d-man in the league so that goes against your argument. Dunn has been one of the best Offensive defenseman in the league the past 2 years and has still been solid defensively and miles better than Jones
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
    You make 0 sense. Jones has been paired with Werenski for half a decade and when Werenski got injured this year Jones was seriously one of the worst d-man in the league so that goes against your argument. Dunn has been one of the best Offensive defenseman in the league the past 2 years and has still been solid defensively and miles better than Jones

I make zero sense?
    You just said Dunn is one of the best offensive defenseman in the league the last 2 years? He's been outscored by the terrible Jones in both of those seasons. This past season would be closer but 19-20 Jones dominated Dunn offensively.

Defensive partners matter but so does overall team play. Columbus is not a powerful offensive team. I do not think your assessment on Jones should only evaluate the last 2 years when it's clear the team was impacted by the mass loss of talent at that time. For example Panarin left prior to the 19-20 season. If you do not think those things matter in helping keep Jones fresh and keep the ice from being tilted back toward him and Werenski I don't think you can be convinced of anything. I feel as though Werenski has gone through the same negative view as Jones these last 2 years and it's just ridiculous. All of the sudden guys like Dunn and Cernak who are young and have never had to be the main guy on their team are better.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
    I make zero sense?
    You just said Dunn is one of the best offensive defenseman in the league the last 2 years? He's been outscored by the terrible Jones in both of those seasons. This past season would be closer but 19-20 Jones dominated Dunn offensively.

Defensive partners matter but so does overall team play. Columbus is not a powerful offensive team. I do not think your assessment on Jones should only evaluate the last 2 years when it's clear the team was impacted by the mass loss of talent at that time. For example Panarin left prior to the 19-20 season. If you do not think those things matter in helping keep Jones fresh and keep the ice from being tilted back toward him and Werenski I don't think you can be convinced of anything. I feel as though Werenski has gone through the same negative view as Jones these last 2 years and it's just ridiculous. All of the sudden guys like Dunn and Cernak who are young and have never had to be the main guy on their team are better.

The reason Jones outscored him is bc he plays 26 minutes a night not bc he's actually better offensively. Dunns P/60 has been way better and if he got the ice time Jones got he wouls easily produce more. And Jones has never been good defensively so don't act like Panarin leaving has any affect on his idiviual play, espcially defense
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
    The reason Jones outscored him is bc he plays 26 minutes a night not bc he's actually better offensively. Dunns P/60 has been way better and if he got the ice time Jones got he wouls easily produce more. And Jones has never been good defensively so don't act like Panarin leaving has any affect on his idiviual play, espcially defense

There's no outsmarting you on this. No one else sees what you're seeing.
    Jun. 4, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
    There's no outsmarting you on this. No one else sees what you're seeing.

Plenty of people agree with me on this just not in this comment section

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll