Forums/Armchair-GM

Expose DeMelo and sign a better RHD

Created by: Wpgman
Initial Creation Date: Jun 1, 2021
Published: Jun 1 at 4:29
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Team Explanation
I think for the most part most Jets fans wanted a #1 RHD at trade deadline which didn't happen. If WPG could convince Seattle to take DeMelo then that would free up $3 mil extra to sign someone like Larsson or Savard.
Resign Stastny for one more year to allow Perfetti to work his way into the team.
Trade Copp if he wants to much or wants out and sign an UFA to take his place. Haula and Zajac should fit well with the Jets
Sign Hamonic because he should be in a Jets uniform.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Pionk, Neal6$6,250,000
Stanley, Logan2$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Larsson, Adam4$4,000,000
Stastny, Paul1$4,000,000
Hamonic, Travis2$2,000,000
Haula, Erik2$2,000,000
Zajac, Travis1$2,000,000
Trades
WPG
    SEA
    1. DeMelo, Dylan
    WPG
    1. 2021 2nd round pick (SEA)
    2. 2021 3rd round pick (SEA)
    SEA
    1. Copp, Andrew [RFA Rights]
    DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
    WPG
    WPG
    SEA
    WPG
    SEA
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    CBJ
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    WPG
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$81,500,000$75,623,812$145,122$1,657,500$5,876,188
    Left WingCenterRight Wing
    WPG
    Connor, Kyle
    $7,142,857
    LW
    UFA - 5
    WPG
    Scheifele, Mark
    $6,125,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    WPG
    Wheeler, Blake
    $8,250,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    WPG
    Dubois, Pierre-Luc
    $5,000,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    WPG
    Stastny, Paul
    $4,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    WPG
    Ehlers, Nikolaj
    $6,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Haula, Erik
    $2,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    WPG
    Lowry, Adam
    $3,250,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    WPG
    Appleton, Mason
    $900,000
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    WPG
    Vesalainen, Kristian
    $894,167
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    Zajac, Travis
    $2,000,000
    C
    UFA
    WPG
    Perfetti, Cole
    $894,167
    C
    RFA - 3
    WPG
    Gustafsson, David
    $817,500
    C
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    WPG
    Morrissey, Joshua
    $6,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 7
    Larsson, Adam
    $4,000,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    WPG
    Hellebuyck, Connor
    $6,166,666
    G
    UFA - 3
    WPG
    Stanley, Logan
    $1,000,000
    LD
    RFA - 2
    WPG
    Pionk, Neal
    $6,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    WPG
    Berdin, Mikhail
    $750,000
    G
    RFA - 2
    WPG
    Samberg, Dylan
    $925,000
    LD
    RFA - 2
    Hamonic, Travis
    $2,000,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    WPG
    Heinola, Ville
    $863,333
    LD
    RFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    WPG
    Little, Bryan
    $5,291,667
    C, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    WPG
    Beaulieu, Nathan
    $1,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun 2 at 9:33
    Non-Biased Jets Fan
    Quoting: IconicHawk
    Plus Copp has never publicly said we wants to leave Winnipeg

Copp hasn't, but his agent has said something (and he has the same agent as Trouba and look what happened to him)
    Jun 2 at 9:34
    Dach is Elite
    And DeMelo fits into the team perfectly and offence doesn’t matter to a defensemen
    Jun 2 at 9:35
    Non-Biased Jets Fan
    No we don’t we need a leftie because all we have for that side is Josh Morrissey and that’s it

and Stanley and Forbort. Heinola and Samberg coming up soon
    Jun 2 at 9:36
    Non-Biased Jets Fan
    And DeMelo fits into the team perfectly and offence doesn’t matter to a defensemen

look I'm just gonna stop arguing about this cuz this doesn't matter, but what I will say is that we shouldn't be paying him 3M
    Wpgman liked this.
    Jun 2 at 9:38
    Dach is Elite
    Quoting: memehlers
    look I'm just gonna stop arguing about this cuz this doesn't matter, but what I will say is that we shouldn't be paying him 3M

PLEASE THATS NO WHERE NEAR OUR WORST CONTRACT
    Jun 2 at 9:56
    Wpgman

DeMelo is OK but just OK. Not Top 4 but a solid 3rd liner. The only thing that is wrong is the 3 mil he makes.
    memehlers liked this.
    Jun 2 at 10:19
    Dach is Elite
    There is no way that DeMelo is better than Larsson. He is probably better than Hamonic though

DeMelo is way better then Larsson like for someone who was a 6th round pick that’s pretty good and Larsson never lived up to being a TOP 4 PICK
    Jun 2 at 10:21
    Dach is Elite
    Like getting rid of someone and just replacing him could seriously damage a team for years
    Jun 2 at 12:22
    go_jets_go
    Quoting: Wpgman
    Don't get me wrong but just got a feeling he wants out and WPG probably will not fork over what he wants. If one of these is true then we get draft picks or good prospects for him and like I said sign a guy like Haula.[ once stastny is gone hes the 2nd line winger
    Jun 2 at 12:48
    You keep changing your argument-

Morrissey with DeMelo is like he was when he was 2 years ago with Trouba to Morrissey has been a trainwreck since Trouba left
    Larsson is Top 4 to he is not a Top 4
    No one want to trade anything for Hamonic to he wouldn't be playing games in Carolina.

Carolina's d core has Gardiner in it. Still wonder why Carolina wanted to make a trade.

You have very clear problems reading comprehension

- Morrissey has been a train wreck individually since trouba left. The only time he’s had solid results is next to demelo. Idk what’s hard to understand about that

- Larsson is a fine top 4, he’s not a top 2, which you suggested he was.

- Jake Gardiner has missed most of the year with injury. And is still a much better player than Hamonic. Seriously man Hamonic is washed af.
    Jun 2 at 12:49
    and Stanley and Forbort. Heinola and Samberg coming up soon

How does one say Demelo is garbage, and then later in the same thread talk about Forbort and Stanley. Forbort shouldn’t even be playing at this point. And Stanley is nothing more than a #6.

Heinola and Samberg both coming yes, and will be better than those 2. But in the immediate timeline, like right ducking now, the Jets RHD isn’t the issue. It’s the teams LHD
    Jun 2 at 12:50
    DeMelo is OK but just OK. Not Top 4 but a solid 3rd liner. The only thing that is wrong is the 3 mil he makes.

You can always tell here who doesn’t understand cap and player values. He is the most valuable contract we have on the back end, and after Pionk’s extension, will be the only one with surplus value.

He’s better than a $3M Dman. Period
    Jun 2 at 1:57
    Wpgman
    Quoting: JetsFan1995
    You have very clear problems reading comprehension

- Morrissey has been a train wreck individually since trouba left. The only time he’s had solid results is next to demelo. Idk what’s hard to understand about that

- Larsson is a fine top 4, he’s not a top 2, which you suggested he was.

- Jake Gardiner has missed most of the year with injury. And is still a much better player than Hamonic. Seriously man Hamonic is washed af.

Morrissey and DeMelo did not have solid results especially during last years playoffs.

You say he is not a #2 defenseman previously but now say he is a fine top 4. Doesn't a #2 defenseman play on the 2nd line just like a #2 centerman is meant to play on the 2nd line? If #2 is considered Top 2 then I am not familiar with this. If it is then I am corrected.

You say no one wanted to trade for Hamonic but Carolina did want to. So you change the topic of no one wanted to trade for him to did you see Carolina's d core. What does seeing Carolina's d core have to do with you saying no one wanted to trade for Hamonic?

Jake Gardiner missed 7 games because of injury earlier in the season, was placed on waivers (and obviously not taken), was on and off the taxi squad, and has only played one playoff games.
    Jun 2 at 3:17
    Morrissey and DeMelo did not have solid results especially during last years playoffs.

You say he is not a #2 defenseman previously but now say he is a fine top 4. Doesn't a #2 defenseman play on the 2nd line just like a #2 centerman is meant to play on the 2nd line? If #2 is considered Top 2 then I am not familiar with this. If it is then I am corrected.

You say no one wanted to trade for Hamonic but Carolina did want to. So you change the topic of no one wanted to trade for him to did you see Carolina's d core. What does seeing Carolina's d core have to do with you saying no one wanted to trade for Hamonic?

Jake Gardiner missed 7 games because of injury earlier in the season, was placed on waivers (and obviously not taken), was on and off the taxi squad, and has only played one playoff games.

How does a team win games? By outscoring the other team, correct?

In last years playoffs, the Jets had one defenceman who had a positive differential on Goals, Shot Attempts, and Scoring chances. This defenceman played the third most minutes. Do you want to take a guess as to who this defenceman was? Definitely sounds like he faired terribly though, absolutely. (Sarcasm)

A #2 Defenceman is someone seen as a top pairing guy, but not a #1. Now if you say top 4, or second pairing, we wouldn’t have an interpretation issue. No worries!

So Jake Gardiner has played 1 more playoff game than Hamonic this year wink

Seriously though, Hamonic is washed man. Poor Hughes this year. Winnipeg fans really gotta get passed this obsession with home grown players. Hamonic tried to sign here, the Jets passed this year. And it’s a good thing they did.
    Jun 2 at 3:48
    Wpgman
    Quoting: JetsFan1995
    How does a team win games? By outscoring the other team, correct?

In last years playoffs, the Jets had one defenceman who had a positive differential on Goals, Shot Attempts, and Scoring chances. This defenceman played the third most minutes. Do you want to take a guess as to who this defenceman was? Definitely sounds like he faired terribly though, absolutely. (Sarcasm)

A #2 Defenceman is someone seen as a top pairing guy, but not a #1. Now if you say top 4, or second pairing, we wouldn’t have an interpretation issue. No worries!

So Jake Gardiner has played 1 more playoff game than Hamonic this year wink

Seriously though, Hamonic is washed man. Poor Hughes this year. Winnipeg fans really gotta get passed this obsession with home grown players. Hamonic tried to sign here, the Jets passed this year. And it’s a good thing they did.

With Hamonic it is not the fact that he is a local kid. Being an Islander fan and watching him play, I liked his all around play. I am hoping he returns close to his former self (as a Jet) but I also buy Lotto Max tickets.
    Jun 2 at 3:50
    With Hamonic it is not the fact that he is a local kid. Being an Islander fan and watching him play, I liked his all around play. I am hoping he returns close to his former self (as a Jet) but I also buy Lotto Max tickets.

Hey, back in the Long Island days he was great. No argument there. But that was his peak and it’s been steadily down hill from there unfortunately. Good dude and everything but..

Good luck on lotto Max, I’m pretty sure I bought the winner though wink haha
    Wpgman liked this.
    Jun 2 at 8:22
    We are seeing a fantastic example of Why Logan Stanley is exposable tonight. He is what he is.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Remove Option
    Submit Poll