$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$741,667$741,667
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$759,258$759,258
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$810,000$810,000
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,425,000$2,425,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$716,667$716,667
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Painfully, average
$7,000,000$7,000,000
Rebuild, incoming
$7,000,000$7,000,000
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$845,000$845,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$830,833$830,833
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$783,333$783,333
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
You are, screwed
$7,000,000$7,000,000
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$735,000$735,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Any order to the teams within each tier? Or just the tiers? For example, I'd place LA over Detroit and NJ for sure currently, and debatable with NYR and Ottawa.

Nah I made the teirs random
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: Taz
Winnipeg and Dallas --> One piece away
Edmonton --> Painfully average

Give Edmonton a starting goalie and a good 4 line center and they are in contention they can do both of these things this offseason in free agency. Winnipeg in my opinion has a top 4 forward group in the league while having the best goalie.Dallas's core is aging and for the next 2 years they are gonna be average but they have tons of really good young guys developing so they can return to cup contention in 3 years or so
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Drshnuckels91
Radulov,Benn,seguin,bishop and khudobin are all aging and past their prime.

Hintz, Heiskanen, Oettinger, Robertson, Gurianov, Harley, Dellandrea and Bourque are all entering there's. All the players you named aren't important to us, Radulov will be a 3rd liner next year, Khudobin will be gone next year because Bishop and Otter are better, Bishop will most likely get his starter role stolen by Otter, Benn is more of a 3rd line center at this point in his career, and he's great at it. Seguin is still consistently producing, his last three seasons he had a 0.97 PPG, a 0.72 PPG, and a 0.66 PPG.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Hintz, Heiskanen, Oettinger, Robertson, Gurianov, Harley, Dellandrea and Bourque are all entering there's. All the players you named aren't important to us, Radulov will be a 3rd liner next year, Khudobin will be gone next year because Bishop and Otter are better, Bishop will most likely get his starter role stolen by Otter, Benn is more of a 3rd line center at this point in his career, and he's great at it. Seguin is still consistently producing, his last three seasons he had a 0.97 PPG, a 0.72 PPG, and a 0.66 PPG.

It will still take 2 years for all these guys to develop. Ott, Robertson, Harley and dellandrea all still have some room to go. Their gonna be average for the next 2 years but after that their gonna be a cup contending team for sure.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
I make typos
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Wilds One piece is a 1C?

that could be Marco Rossi
NucksnOilers liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: oilersguy
that could be Marco Rossi

Or boldy.
oilersguy liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
Even if they do have a top ten prospect pool they don't have any major young superstar core to lead this rebuild.It will take 3-5 years to draft those guys to lead it so it is possible. But those contracts are just devastating I'm sorry you have got karlsson and burns tied up long term with loads of money.Vlasic is barely a top 6 guy anymore while being paid 7 million for the next 5 years while being 34.Hertl,Kane and couture are good but tied up with a hefty amount of money long-term while in a rebuild.All these guys take up around 60 percent of the cap with 4 out of the 6 on the downside of their careers.

Yes there’s a lot of bad stuff, I’m with you there. But I don’t feel like the sharks are going to be bad as long as people think. Just remember the hawks or the rangers, everyone thought they were done for the next ten years but they got lucky and did some good moves and are not the worst in the league at all. Buffalo on the other hand, has sucked, does suck and will suck, even with some luck, because they have bad management that makes awful choices and doesn’t learn and adapt.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
That’s just wrong. Byron Baders analytics based ranking has the sharks at 8th best prospect pool, with almost everyone applauding the 2020 draft as one where the sharks got loads of value. They also have the 7th overall pick this year and a history of great euro and junior free agent signings

What is this based on? I’ve never heard of that guy but 8th is a stretch at best, just plain wrong at worst. The Hockey News has their group of 21 and under players (which admittedly may hurt the Sharks a bit as they have none of those at the NHL level so their ranking is base entirely on their prospects) at 30th, ahead of only Pittsburgh. I said it at the time and still think they had a great 2020 draft, getting some nice steals in the middle rounds and adding a little talent to a barren pipeline, but like, now they have 3 decent prospects, a couple guys with good upside but more flaws, still no blue chippers, and a collection of guys who might one day crack the 3rd line. They lack high end talent and depth which are honestly the two most important parts of your prospect pool lol. This is understandable obviously, as when you’re good you trade your entire future, but they’ve got a loooong way to go with their rebuild if that’s the route they choose (which it should be imo). One good draft where their highest pick was 31st and doesn’t look like a steal isn’t changing that.

On the topic of this thread, Buffalo should definitely be in the screwed category, their two best players want to leave and they somehow only have like 5 good prospects after years of sucking. This is a case where they actually have the high end talent, but forgot to add the depth to their pipeline lol
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Yes there’s a lot of bad stuff, I’m with you there. But I don’t feel like the sharks are going to be bad as long as people think. Just remember the hawks or the rangers, everyone thought they were done for the next ten years but they got lucky and did some good moves and are not the worst in the league at all. Buffalo on the other hand, has sucked, does suck and will suck, even with some luck, because they have bad management that makes awful choices and doesn’t learn and adapt.

I will admit while making this I looked at each team from player-wise not management. I should have added that perspective and if I did buffalo would be in that collumn. Now I haven't seen san jose management handle a situation like this too much but yeah depending on how they handle it in 4 years they could either be like buffalo or be new york.It will be a very tough task though.
papishark liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
Jinx god
It will still take 2 years for all these guys to develop. Ott, Robertson, Harley and dellandrea all still have some room to go. Their gonna be average for the next 2 years but after that their gonna be a cup contending team for sure.

JRob had a 0.88 PPG this season, it's safe to say he's going to be a top 6 winger. Oettinger had a 9.11 SV% this year with 30 games played, he's also NHL ready. Both Harley and Dellandrea will probably be on the bottom lines to develop. If Dallas was fully healthy this year they would've made the playoffs 100%. They had horrible luck this year and still finished over teams like Phily and Montreal.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Drshnuckels91:

Let's assume you know your favourite teams - Edmonton and Tampa - top to bottom. Intimately. Of course you would, they're your favourites.

Why would you discount the feedback you're getting from this thread?

You are intentionally discounting everything you're being told to fit the narrative you've developed through this arbitrary ranking. @Papishark might be one of the best resources on CapFriendly along with @yikes in terms of San Jose Sharks knowledge. Do not discount them. Learn. Broaden your horizons. Admitting you've misidentified something or that you didn't have a complete picture is about the worst thing you can do in an environment like this. You're combative. Dismissing what others know more about than you do. @EsoYeezus69 is the man you go to if you need to know something about the Dallas Stars and/or Blake Comeau.

You - and every other user here - only stands to benefit if we set our egos aside and are willing to admit we don't know everything. You've made mistakes here, why would you not want the complete picture?
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Drshnuckels91:

Let's assume you know your favourite teams - Edmonton and Tampa - top to bottom. Intimately. Of course you would, they're your favourites.

You are intentionally discounting everything you're being told to fit the narrative you've developed through this arbitrary ranking. Papishark might be one of the best resources on CapFriendly along with yikes in terms of San Jose Sharks knowledge. Do not discount them. Learn. Broaden your horizons. Admitting you've misidentified something or that you didn't have a complete picture is about the worst thing you can do in an environment like this. You're combative. Dismissing what others know more about than you do. EsoYeezus69 is the man you go to if you need to know something about the Dallas Stars and/or Blake Comeau.

You - and every other user here - only stands to benefit if we set our egos aside and are willing to admit we don't know everything. You've made mistakes here, why would you not want the complete picture?

Also adding to my point, if Blake Comeau didn't single-handedly give the other team the win (about 5-10 times this season) we would've made the playoffs.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Also adding to my point, if Blake Comeau didn't single-handedly give the other team the win (about 5-10 times this season) we would've made the playoffs.

Fancies would suggest that Comeau's WAR is like 5 to 10 points higher than most players of his calibre then. Just in the wrong direction wink
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:12 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Drshnuckels91:

You are intentionally discounting everything you're being told to fit the narrative you've developed through this arbitrary ranking. Papishark might be one of the best resources on CapFriendly along with yikes in terms of San Jose Sharks knowledge. Do not discount them. Learn. Broaden your horizons. Admitting you've misidentified something or that you didn't have a complete picture is about the worst thing you can do in an environment like this. You're combative. Dismissing what others know more about than you do. EsoYeezus69 is the man you go to if you need to know something about the Dallas Stars and/or Blake Comeau.

I have never said they were wrong the whole point of this post was to express my opinion and see the reaction to it which is how most rankings go. May I disagree with this sure while I discount it by no means. If it seemed I was coming off that way I'm sorry but the whole point of this post was to start a discussion with other users to see their opinions.Of course, I am going to be bias with my opinions but who isn't sports is about cheering for your favourite teams and boosting them in your opinion. My list most likely will be completely wrong in a few years but that's not the point of it to be right the point is to express a different viewpoint and see others. Have I disagreed sure but I have said they are flat out wrong by no means they could easily be right. Everyone has their opinions and everyone will combat them Im not saying Im right all im doing is showing my opinion and defending it the best I can which is what these other users could be doing too which is fine.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Sharks aren’t more screwed than Buffalo. Yeah we have bad deals but atleast our drafting is great and management is somewhat competent

Yes they are, Buffalo at the very least has some young guys they can build around, and have a no 1 overall pick coming up, as well as exciting young talent in Cozens, Quinn, Mitts whose been a lot better and Samuelsson. The sharks have almost no young players w elite potential imo, and Hertl isn’t rly a young player anymore. And while Buffalo has that Skinner contract, Karlsson’s is probably worse
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
Ban Price trades
I have never said they were wrong the whole point of this post was to express my opinion and see the reaction to it which is how most rankings go. May I disagree with this sure while I discount it by no means. If it seemed I was coming off that way I'm sorry but the whole point of this post was to start a discussion with other users to see their opinions.Of course, I am going to be bias with my opinions but who isn't sports is about cheering for your favourite teams and boosting them in your opinion. My list most likely will be completely wrong in a few years but that's not the point of it to be right the point is to express a different viewpoint and see others. Have I disagreed sure but I have said they are flat out wrong by no means they could easily be right. Everyone has their opinions and everyone will combat them Im not saying Im right all im doing is showing my opinion and defending it the best I can which is what these other users could be doing too which is fine.

But don't spit in the face of fact for the sake of opinion.

A degree of objectivity doesn't hurt, especially when the means in which you're ranking those teams requires objectivity. Edmonton is objectively too high on this list. San Jose is too low (the right moves this offseason and they're literally a playoff team). Dallas was in the cup final less than a calendar year ago and didn't miss this year by much despite being one of the most injured teams in the league this past season. You've said it yourself: you want to start a conversation. What kind of conversation is met with unabated rejections of the ideas you're engaging with? Biases for favourite teams will exist, but I'd wager those biases are closer to an objective truth than the opinions you or I could form about those teams in which we aren't as intimately familiar with.

You cannot have an honest dialogue if your defense is "well, it's my opinion". Straight up, you just can't. Opinions aren't objective. They're very subjective, they change with a high frequency, and deferring to them as your defence removes any of the responsibility of being misguided on your end. Ask questions. Ask for sources or things you can read for yourself to broaden that horizon.

As soon as any of us get defensive about still learning or not knowing all is the day we quit functioning as a community. Nobody here knows all. The collective brainthink is a resource, and accessing that resource only makes us better at this little hobby of ours.

Cheers cheers
papishark liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Yes they are, Buffalo at the very least has some young guys they can build around, and have a no 1 overall pick coming up, as well as exciting young talent in Cozens, Quinn, Mitts whose been a lot better and Samuelsson. The sharks have almost no young players w elite potential imo, and Hertl isn’t rly a young player anymore. And while Buffalo has that Skinner contract, Karlsson’s is probably worse

Yeah and Buffalo drafted a franchise player and still sucked for 6 years after it. You need competent management to get anywhere and they just don’t have it. I by no means think the sharks are going to be good in the next 2-3 years, but I’m very certain they figure it out before Buffalo
NucksnOilers liked this.
Jun. 3, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
Give Edmonton a starting goalie and a good 4 line center and they are in contention they can do both of these things this offseason in free agency. Winnipeg in my opinion has a top 4 forward group in the league while having the best goalie.Dallas's core is aging and for the next 2 years they are gonna be average but they have tons of really good young guys developing so they can return to cup contention in 3 years or so

A starting Goalie + a 4c = 2 pieces away (not one). Also, they won't be contenders even with these two pieces cause it's not their only problem. Their biggest problem is that they are a 2 players team, they need to be more balanced offensively.

Dallas's aging players aren't the most important of the teams. They're transitioning to Heiskanen, Hintz, Gurianov, Robertson, Oettinger, Dickinson (and Dellandrea, Harley in the pipes) and their veteran are still very good for the team.

Winnipeg has a solid offense/goalie but poor defense, they struggled to be consistent all season and they won't even pass the habs in playoffs. They still suffer of the 2017 offseason where they lost all their d-core (Byfuglien, Chiarot, Myers and Trouba)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll