SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

“Too Early” 2019 Redraft

“Too Early” 2019 Redraft

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: RealHavocc
Published: Jun. 5, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Jack Hughes has had a breakout year this season and has proven that he is still the best player of this draft class
2Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers get a chance to redeem themselves, as Kaapo Kakko has been quite underwhelming in his first two seasons, Kirby Dach is the best player available, and the Rangers could use some better future centermen, Dach has also proven he can put up better stats than Kakko
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-With the loss of Kirby Dach to the Rangers, Chicago’s core of future centermen is pretty weak, the best Center available in my eyes is Illinois native Alex Turcotte
4Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI think Colorado sticks with Bowen Byram at 4, he has been very impressive in the games he has played with the club this season and I’m excited to see more of him
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA has very many good center prospects like Quinton Byfield, Gabe Vilardi, Akil Thomas and many others, I think they go for a winger, that winger being Kaapo Kakko, though they could very likely go the defender route and take Seider
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I think Detroit sticks with Moritz Seider at 6, he has been very impressive in the SHL, winning both Rookie of the Year and Defenseman of the Year, I am excited to see his talent translate over to the NHL level hopefully next season, stellar pick by Yzerman
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo goes the Center route, in this case to mix it up a bit they take Trevor Zegras, there is a very good chance they take Dylan Cozens, but from some opinions from friends, we decided on Zegras
8Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-It was proven to us in the Oilers first round matchup vs the Jets that Edmonton’s big problem is secondary scoring. Cole Caufield is the guy that can help. They pass up on Broberg since they already have a solid young Defense core with Darnell Nurse, Evan Bouchard, Ethan Bear and others. Cole Caufield in the limited games he played in the NHL was insane, he was a big factor to why Montreal beat Toronto
9Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim’s young Center core is pretty weak with really only Sam Steel, Dylan Cozens is the pick, Cozens has played quite impressively on a disappointing Sabres team and I am excited to see more of him in the near future
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver sticks with Russian winger Vasily Podkolzin, he is a strong winger that can create great scoring chances, and plays a solid defensive game, though Vancouver does need RHD, Podkolzin is far better than any RHD available
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersArizona could really just use help pretty much everywhere, so I just went for the BPA, that undoubtedly being Swedish defender Philip Broberg, he shouldn’t have really dropped but I didn’t have anywhere for him to go
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota’s Center core is not very good, I think they still take a Center, however it will not be Matthew Boldy, I think they will take Alex Newhook, Newhook has been a very exciting player to watch with the Avs this season and in the playoffs, I am excited to see what he can do in a full season in the NHL
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida sticks with Goaltender Spencer Knight, Knight has played exceptionally in the games he has played in the NHL with the Panthers, I am excited to see him next season
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Arizona CoyotesPhiladelphia takes a RHD in Swede Victor Soderstrom, they could definitely stick with York, but their core of young LHD is already quite established with Ivan Provorov and Travis Sanheim, they could use another young RHD
15Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Cam York (-1 )
Cam York is 100% the best player available for the Habs at pick 15, they take him, he shouldn’t have dropped but I just couldn’t find a spot for him elsewhere
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Colorado Avalanche are quite possibly the best young team in the current NHL, so I think they just go after the best player available, in my eyes that is Matthew Boldy
17Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas sticks with Peyton Krebs, he looks like he can have a good career in the NHL as a great top 6 forward, I’m ready to see how he does in the NHL
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-Bobby Brink is a very talented scoring winger and an overall fun player to watch with his faster paced energetic game, exactly what Dallas needs
19Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsOttawa’s young Center core is not very good, so I have them taking Canadian centerman Connor McMichael
20Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg needs defense 100% and the best one on the board is Tobias Björnfot
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Pittsburgh could really take anyone here but I think they take Nick Robertson
22Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Kings could use some better defensive depth, I think the best defenseman available is Ville Heinola
23Logo of the New York Islanders-The Islanders are a very strong all around team, so they just take the best player available and in this situation that would be Philip Tomasino
24Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville probably take a Centerman, the best one available is Ryan Suzuki
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington could use some more Defense, the best defenseman still on the board is definitely Thomas Harley
26Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary needs some centers, so they stick with Jakob Pelletier
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Tampa takes Nils Hoglander, Hoglander has been very good this season with the Canucks, he has a high ceiling and is a good fit for the Lightning
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina is one of the best young teams in the NHL, with really no weak points, so the best player available is who they draft, that being Simon Holmstrom
29Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose SharksAnaheim could take a defenseman but I think they take a winger, I think the best one is Samuel Poulin or Nolan Foote
30Logo of the Boston Bruins-The Bruins likely take a forward, I think the best still on the board are Nolan Foote and Shane Pinto
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the St. Louis BluesBuffalo could definitely use some RHD help, the best on the board still is definitely Lassi Thomson
Jun. 5, 2021 at 9:11 a.m.
This is such a solid draft class, a lot of future stars. I don't know enough specifics about most of these guys to have any disagreements with your rearrangement.

I remember watching this draft and when the Wings picked Seider I said "who???" and I was kind of disappointed. I thought they'd go with Cozens, Broberg, or Zegras.
I think any of those choices would have been good picks but after seeing the way Seider has been playing and hearing his mindset from interviews I couldn't be happier with him as the pick.
I'll leave the scouting to the scouts now. Trust the Yzerplan.

I like when people take the time to add an explanation to why they move guys in their mock drafts so I enjoyed this. (Thumbs up)
BuFfaLOFaN and RealHavocc liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 9:54 a.m.
Quoting: Octopus_Guy
This is such a solid draft class, a lot of future stars. I don't know enough specifics about most of these guys to have any disagreements with your rearrangement.

I remember watching this draft and when the Wings picked Seider I said "who???" and I was kind of disappointed. I thought they'd go with Cozens, Broberg, or Zegras.
I think any of those choices would have been good picks but after seeing the way Seider has been playing and hearing his mindset from interviews I couldn't be happier with him as the pick.

I like when people take the time to add an explanation to why they move guys in their mock drafts so I enjoyed this. (Thumbs up)

Sabres probably keep Cozens. I think we hit, I also believe that Cozens and Zegras are better than Turcotte.
Octopus_Guy liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 11:18 a.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Sabres probably keep Cozens. I think we hit, I also believe that Cozens and Zegras are better than Turcotte.

Like I said in the description of the pick, it could really be either of Zegras or Cozens, I asked a few friends and it was a 3-1 vote on Zegras and I wanted to mix it up a bit
BuFfaLOFaN and Octopus_Guy liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 11:20 a.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
Quoting: Octopus_Guy

Thanks! I figured I’d just do this for fun just so I could see how much it would change in my POV, but it was fun to make and I’m glad I haven’t got many hate comments
Octopus_Guy liked this.
Jun. 5, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.
Bad
Jun. 5, 2021 at 11:40 a.m.
Man, I Miss Bert
Quoting: Yzerplan_forthewin
Bad

Thanks for your input bro
Jun. 5, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Yw
Jun. 5, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
Quoting: RealHavocc
Like I said in the description of the pick, it could really be either of Zegras or Cozens, I asked a few friends and it was a 3-1 vote on Zegras and I wanted to mix it up a bit

I'd have Chicago pick Kakko(he is better than Cozens, Turcotte and Zegras), LA Zegras, Buffalo Cozens ANA Turcotte
Jun. 5, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.
Hughes at 1
Zegras, Seider, Dach at 2-4
Newhook, Caufield, Knight, Cozens at 5-8
McMichael in 10-15 range
Kakko, Podkolzin both drop to teens
Holmstrom, Thomson out of 1st round
Octopus_Guy liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option