SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
https://www.sporcle.com/games/cedlec19/active-stanley-cup

if y'all wanna guess who they are

Got 104/121, nice quiz, I always enjoy a good sporcle quiz. Most proud of getting Archibald. Most disappointed I missed Binnington somehow lmao
SevenLeg and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
@Devil1122
Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, Frederic, Swayman, Vaak, Zboril, Studnicka, Keyser, and just lost w/ expansion Lauzon...
Devil liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: justaBoss
Imo that's an overpayment by the Leafs. Nothing short of the 18-19 campaign jusfifies Labanc bringing back a return of what is effectively a 1st+2nd+3rd in terms of value, and the guy has regressed statistically from that. Dubas would only pay for what he was achieved in SJ, not for what he might do in the future with Matthews and Marner. Gambrell isn't much more than an add on to the trade, he doesn't bring much value for the Leafs who already have three players that could play the same role with similar results (Spezza, Kämpf, even Brooks and Engvall to an extent).

Last two years Labanc has been a 40 point winger earning almost $5M a year. I personally do not see real high value in that. From the correct market I could see him garnering a first, but nothing more.

Oh no I agree. Amirov and a 2nd is very costly. (Gambrell brought little value as well in the example, it was just for a very cheap 3C cap move).

Labanc is more valuable to US to sell for less (which would be a single first). Doesn’t mean he’s worth that on the market just a fun idea.
justaBoss liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:45 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
They have Cozens, Dahlin & Power. I wonder what they're going to do with two #1 overall LDs

Build an elite D-core
BuFfaLOFaN and BeterChiarelli liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:46 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Still on the sabres
Eichel, Cozens, Mittlstadt, Dahlin, Power, Quinn, Jason John Peterka, UPL, Sammuellson, Johnson, Jokiharju, Rosen

Took out the guys with limited upside. Several of the remaining have never played an NHL game, they're heavily reliant on a good prospect pool. It just doesn't hold a candle to Ottawa, Montreal, LAK, Toronto, Colorado, etc. some of whom have a better prospect pool and most of whom have a better set of U25 NHLers.
yikes liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Build an elite D-core

Hedman...Sergachev...and McDonough
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Alfie11
Got 104/121, nice quiz, I always enjoy a good sporcle quiz. Most proud of getting Archibald. Most disappointed I missed Binnington somehow lmao

118/121 for me, but it's kinda cheating since I created it and I remember a lot of answers lol.
EsoYeezus69, Alfie11, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Jinx god
https://www.sporcle.com/games/cedlec19/active-stanley-cup

if y'all wanna guess who they are

119/121

Forgot Helm and just didn't think of Rowney.

Like who is Rowney? Watch Dallas sign him just because of that.
SevenLeg liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
What teams have the best young cores? Under 25.

COL has Nate & Mikko & Makar just for starters! LOL
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
118/121 for me, but it's kinda cheating since I created it and I remember a lot of answers lol.

Lol I kinda wish I'd waited to do it to see how high I could get, I did it on my iPad while I'm in a meeting that I'm definitely paying attention to 🙄
SevenLeg and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Since we’re talking about prospects (kinda lol); who’s some of your guys MOST UNDERRATED prospects.

Clarify : not someone with NHL experience (a few games is fine)

Here’s one of my own team and another to get started =

Bordeleau (he’s just so dynamic and he could really blow up this year after leading a deep Michigan team (Powers, Beniers, Johnson, York, etc)).

Sillinger (there’s so many mixed opinions but I think this kid is gonna be so good and more importantly hard to play against in the NHL. He’s got a great toolset and if he can improve his skating and have a good lead into the NHL I think he’s gonna be super talented and just be a pain to play against down the middle).

Sillinger is probably my favourite player in the draft of 21’ (with Wallstedt and Eklund 🥰)

Honourable mention:
Boldy (love this kid to death)
BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69 and Zinger liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:02 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: yikes
Since we’re talking about prospects (kinda lol); who’s some of your guys MOST UNDERRATED prospects.

Bordeleau (he’s just so dynamic and he could really blow up this year after leading a deep Michigan team (Powers, Beniers, Johnson, York, etc)).

Sillinger (there’s so many mixed opinions but I think this kid is gonna be so good and more importantly hard to play against in the NHL. He’s got a great toolset and if he can improve his skating and have a good lead into the NHL I think he’s gonna be super talented and just be a pain to play against down the middle).

Sillinger is probably my favourite player in the draft of 21’ (with Wallstedt and Eklund 🥰)

Honourable mention:

Dawson Mercer

Almost a goal per game in the Q and won the best defensive forward award
yikes liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:02 p.m.
Ban Price trades

Bordeleau (he’s just so dynamic and he could really blow up this year after leading a deep Michigan team (Powers, Beniers, Johnson, York, etc).

Honourable mention:

Lavoie and Samorukov don't get half the love they should outside of Edmonton. If I recall the Athletic did one of their prospect series and mention Lavoie as a shot-generation king and Samorukov is essentially Romanov but a bit older. They're better prospects than Broberg, who a lot of people automatically reach to being one of Edmonton's best prospects.

Outside of Edmonton I'm a big Dostal guy. Akil Thomas is another one of those names I like looking to. I hate to admit it but some of the Californian teams are doing very good things with their prospect pools.
SevenLeg, yikes and Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Took out the guys with limited upside. Several of the remaining have never played an NHL game, they're heavily reliant on a good prospect pool. It just doesn't hold a candle to Ottawa, Montreal, LAK, Toronto, Colorado, etc. some of whom have a better prospect pool and most of whom have a better set of U25 NHLers.

Under 25 talent I'd take this pool over Toronto... It's close to Montreal, I mean LA, OTT and COL are the top 3 IMO.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
COL has Nate & Mikko & Makar just for starters! LOL

Well, Nate is 26 right?
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

Honourable mention:

Bolduc, Soderstrom, Anuenen and Jarvis are all pretty underrated imo
yikes liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:06 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Well, Nate is 26 right?

He's turning 26 at season start
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

Honourable mention:

I'm gonna speak for my own team, but Mattias Norlinder is a special breed. I'm fairly confident he will be that 2nd pairing puck-mover we desperately need.
yikes and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:13 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Devil1122
Dawson Mercer

Almost a goal per game in the Q and won the best defensive forward award

Mercer grew on me more and more despite low play time in the WJ, he’s a guy I think is more likely to be a middle 6 winger and play a few hundred games then not be a NHLer. Which that alone is a great.

Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Lavoie and Samorukov don't get half the love they should outside of Edmonton. If I recall the Athletic did one of their prospect series and mention Lavoie as a shot-generation king and Samorukov is essentially Romanov but a bit older. They're better prospects than Broberg, who a lot of people automatically reach to being one of Edmonton's best prospects.

Outside of Edmonton I'm a big Dostal guy. Akil Thomas is another one of those names I like looking to. I hate to admit it but some of the Californian teams are doing very good things with their prospect pools.

I’m a fan of Samorukov, I think hes slept on due to being “behind” Broberg and Bouchard

Quoting: AndrewLadd
Bolduc, Soderstrom, Anuenen and Jarvis are all pretty underrated imo

Imo I don’t think Jarvis is underrated because I feel like EVERYONE says he’s underrated (but I 100% get them opinion, he was a great grab for CAR).

I'm gonna speak for my own team, but Mattias Norlinder is a special breed. I'm fairly confident he will be that 2nd pairing puck-mover we desperately need.

Norlinder has been quietly performing (as atleast I rarely hear him mentioned). I hope he has a good year because MTL definitely has a spot perfect for him almost immediately if he can put together a good year.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Well, Nate is 26 right?

Says 2-5 on CF page...
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.
Under 25 talent I'd take this pool over Toronto... It's close to Montreal, I mean LA, OTT and COL are the top 3 IMO.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander beats the pool on their own right now, and Toronto has Sandin, Robertson, Amirov, Liljegren on the way, plus Dermott. Buffalo's guys at their peak might beat Tornto's group right now, but since most of Buffalo's top young players have yet to play an NHL game it's really no contest. Eichel is worse than Matthews. Dahlin isn't as good as Marner. Cozens, Mittelstadt, etc. combined might be as impactful as Nylander but probably not as things stand today.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:21 p.m.
TheBulinWall

Zinger, EsoYeezus69 and Devil liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
Canes fan
Crap I just got home and saw the Blues got Saad. Hopefully we can t least get Tarasenko, Tatar, or even Forsberg. Palmieri or Perry wouldn't be bad either.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:25 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Dzinger18
Crap I just got home and saw the Blues got Saad. Hopefully we can t least get Tarasenko, Tatar, or even Forsberg. Palmieri or Perry wouldn't be bad either.

You're gonna have to wait two more seasons to get Perry
BeterChiarelli, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 29, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.

Honourable mention:

I'd throw Jarventie and Sokolov into the mix, Ottawa's 2nd rounders from last year are both killing it. Could have a couple nice power forwards there. From other teams I like Lucius, Svechkov, Klimovich (meh pick where they took him, still a guy I like), L'Heureux, and Guenther from this year's draft. Previously drafted I'm a fan of Niederbach, Blomqvist, Soderblom, Neighbours, Wallinder, Lavoie, Beckman, Dugan, and Peterka (I thought JJP was underrated for a while because I had him going around pick 20-25 last year, but I feel like he's been overrated since the WJC lol, still a guy I like).

edit: Undrafted I like Florian Elias and Owen Bartoszkiewicz. I also forgot to mention Simon Knak, he was my favourite sleeper that was actually selected this year.
yikes liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll