Quoting: AndrewLadd
If Lou signs Zach Parise on my BIRTHDAY I’m changing my date of birth

1. Happy birthday
2. Parise = Snake
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: yikes
If I’m the Isles 7.5m is too risky when we’re a contender and could focus on better spending (or more reliable spending) - there will be TDL targets.

For the Devils I guess there’s no risk I guess just depends on the price

I just realized the Islanders haven't signed Beau or Pelech yet. They probably can't afford Vlad unless he's 50%
Aug. 1, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Why Rangers? Trading Tarasenko could mean they can’t bring back Zibanejad/Strome, and they need centre’s way more than wingers.

Drury moment
Kotkaniemi15 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Devil1122
Drury moment

He'd trade for him only if Clifford is in the package
Devil and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Indeed and ty

Happy birthday!
AndrewLadd and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: SevenLeg
The Rangers really traded a better winger in Buchnevich just to get Tarasenko a few weeks later?

GM moment right there

Like to me Tarasenko makes 0 sense for the rangers who still need another top center to push them into contention. Now a guy like Eichel makes more sense

Like honestly the rangers have to many good wings and may need to move one out lul
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:27 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
The NHL is quickly becoming a NBA type of entertaining show.

-The Evander Kane news
-The Chicago Blackhawks
-The Jack Eichel sweepstakes and the beef with the Buffalo Sabres
-Logan Mailloux and Tony DeAngelo getting 2nd chances
-The Expansion Draft and everything around it.

Looks like I'm watching The Kardashians Show or whatever it' called.
aadoyle, A_Habs_fan, Zinger and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Go leafs go
If Lou signs Zach Parise on my BIRTHDAY I’m changing my date of birth

I much prefer Nick Ritchie (my birthday present from Dubas lol)

Happy birthday.
AndrewLadd and MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Indeed and ty

Happy Birthday! Pretty close 2 mine
Saskleaf and AndrewLadd liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: justaBoss
Solid run. I dig de Grasse too.

Surprised that an European won though. That sport has been dominated by Americans/Caribbeans.

I was quite surprised too.

But then I heard he grew up in America so that made more sense.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Happy Birthday! Pretty close 2 mine

Same.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Biggest winners and losers of the offseason

Winners
1. New Jersey
2. Houston
3. Columbus

Losers
1. Oilers
2. Carolina
3. NYR/Vegas
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122

Who claimed Fleury wouldn't play next season? That was an absurd contention. I understand he was caught off guard, but I can't imagine there was ever a shred of truth to this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.

-The Evander Kane news
-The Chicago Blackhawks

NHL will do everything in its power to downplay the Kane story. Just like the NFL downplayed the anthem protests and the NBA downplayed the China problems. A player gambling on the sport could be the biggest scandal in league history.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
As far as Vlad to the Devils...I don't want him unless the Blues eat salary. Can't see the Rangers pursuing him at all.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
NHL will do everything in its power to downplay the Kane story. Just like the NFL downplayed the anthem protests and the NBA downplayed the China problems. A player gambling on the sport could be the biggest scandal in league history.

NHL will down play the Chicago story, but not the Kane one imo
Aug. 1, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
Bedard23

-The Evander Kane news
-The Chicago Blackhawks

What do the Eichel sweepstakes compare too in the NBA?
Aug. 1, 2021 at 3:41 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: IconicHawk

I'm not really into the NBA, but maybe James Harden a few months ago?
Saskleaf, aadoyle, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 3:44 p.m.
Bedard23
I'm not really into the NBA, but maybe James Harden a few months ago?

Ok because I was gonna say before you say the Damien Lillard sweepstakes I was gonna say he never asked or demanded a trade
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Farewell

-The Evander Kane news
-The Chicago Blackhawks

The Blackhawks story is the worst of the worst. The more I dig into it, the more credible it seems. Here's the rundown for those who don't know:
-A player (John Doe 1) who was assaulted/raped in 2010 by then Chicago Blackhawks video coach Brad Aldrich sued the Blackhawks in court, alleging that the organization knew about it and hushed it up to avoid bad press.
-TSN reported that John Doe 1 had first told of the assault to Blackhawks assistant coach Paul Vincent in 2010, whom he trusted, Vincent then brought the story to the front office, who fired Aldrich after 2010, but did not heed Vincent's advice to call the police. Vincent and others would continue to warn players to stay away from Aldrich.
-It is true that the Blackhawks fired Aldrich after 2010 (nobody knew why up until now), however, due to their alleged failure to report him to the police, he was able to get a new job coaching a boys high school team in Michigan. He subsequently assaulted/raped one of the boys there (John Doe 2, who filed another lawsuit against the Blackhawks) , was arrested and convicted, and is rotting away in prison today (IMO, rapists should get the death penalty).
-The Blackhawks have denied the charges of knowing about this and covering it up, and have filed to dismiss the charges in court.
-Assistant Commissioner Bill Daly said that there is NO ongoing investigation by the league into the matter.
-An anonymous player who was on the team in 2010 (not John Doe 1 or 2) claimed that "every guy on the team knew about it", and that "they (the front office of the Blackhawks) let him go to work with minors. They let this happen."
-Brent Sopel, another player on the 2010 team, tweeted "The front office should be in jail", while Daniel Carcillo, who was on the Flyers team that lost to the Blackhawks in the 2010 Cup Final said "WE heard the whispers of what Aldrich did. Hard to believe that most people in the organization didn't know."
- If what the anonymous player (who spoke to The Athletic saying "Every guy on the team knew about it") said is true, and the front office (John McDonough, Al MacIssac, James Gary and possibly even Stan Bowman) knew about this through Vincent's reporting and did nothing, that is beyond horrific. Admittedly, it would be hard for the league to do much about it now, but that's still no reason to not at least start an investigation into the matter.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
NHL will down play the Chicago story, but not the Kane one imo

They need to be out front and transparent with both because the public (and players) has a right to know. The cover-up is always worse than the crime (in a PR sense). Obviously the alleged crimes in CHI are very serious.
Aug. 1, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
The Blackhawks story is the worst of the worst. The more I dig into it, the more credible it seems. Here's the rundown for those who don't know:
-A player (John Doe 1) who was assaulted/raped in 2010 by then Chicago Blackhawks video coach Brad Aldrich sued the Blackhawks in court, alleging that the organization knew about it and hushed it up to avoid bad press.
-TSN reported that John Doe 1 had first told of the assault to Blackhawks assistant coach Paul Vincent in 2010, whom he trusted, Vincent then brought the story to the front office, who fired Aldrich after 2010, but did not heed Vincent's advice to call the police. Vincent and others would continue to warn players to stay away from Aldrich.
-It is true that the Blackhawks fired Aldrich after 2010 (nobody knew why up until now), however, due to their alleged failure to report him to the police, he was able to get a new job coaching a boys high school team in Michigan. He subsequently assaulted/raped one of the boys there (John Doe 2, who filed another lawsuit against the Blackhawks) , was arrested and convicted, and is rotting away in prison today (IMO, rapists should get the death penalty).
-The Blackhawks have denied the charges of knowing about this and covering it up, and have filed to dismiss the charges in court.
-Assistant Commissioner Bill Daly said that there is NO ongoing investigation by the league into the matter.
-An anonymous player who was on the team in 2010 (not John Doe 1 or 2) claimed that "every guy on the team knew about it", and that "they (the front office of the Blackhawks) let him go to work with minors. They let this happen."
-Brent Sopel, another player on the 2010 team, tweeted "The front office should be in jail", while Daniel Carcillo, who was on the Flyers team that lost to the Blackhawks in the 2010 Cup Final said "WE heard the whispers of what Aldrich did. Hard to believe that most people in the organization didn't know."
- If what the anonymous player (who spoke to The Athletic saying "Every guy on the team knew about it") said is true, and the front office (John McDonough, Al MacIssac, James Gary and possibly even Stan Bowman) knew about this through Vincent's reporting and did nothing, that is beyond horrific. Admittedly, it would be hard for the league to do much about it now, but that's still no reason to not at least start an investigation into the matter.

Penn State Football Part II
Aug. 1, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: IconicHawk

In the NFL it would compare to Deshaun Watson (only difference is that Watson has a legal case)
In the NBA, it would compare to Harden
Aug. 1, 2021 at 5:39 p.m.
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91

Well the NHL isn’t doing an investigation because a I think it’s a public investigator that is doing it
Aug. 1, 2021 at 6:09 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll