Forums/Armchair-GM

moving forward

Created by: pharrow
Team: 2021-22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2021
Published: Jun. 8, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know I know, Savard probably gets more.........
he comes to PIT to turn it around. I can only make so many ACGM with them signing Poolman. There just isn't a lot out there on RD and if I play Maniscalco everyone will come in here crying like they will about Caulfield and Poulin.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,000,000
3$2,000,000
3$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$4,500,000
2$2,000,000
1$2,000,000
Trades
PIT
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (STL)
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
LA is looking for top 6 forwards.
The penguins have one to move. They won't just give him up for nothing, but it's not like they are asking the world at 2 2nd round picks either, especially given the STL one is rather late round.
Zucker would be a good influence on the younger players here. He's also only 29 at the start of the season so there are 5 good years in there.
PIT
    Something tells me this is the deal worked out with Seattle. That was probably done a long time ago. It is what it is.
    SEA
    1. Matheson, Michael
    2. 2021 2nd round pick (PIT)
    PIT
      this is a nothing trade and it doesn't not matter where he goes. He's 750k he could be buried in the AHL at no cap hit. They move him to give him a chance somewhere else if anyone wants him. But they go with Friedman as their 8th now
      PIT
      1. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
      Additional Details:
      it just fits. EDM needs cheap talented wingers with speed. Pens move on. They need to create space in their forward group
      PIT
        He ends up going somewhere because the penguins don't play him and he should be given a chance somewhere.
        Buyouts
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the LAK
        Logo of the STL
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the ANA
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the PIT
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        23$81,500,000$77,966,539$0$850,000$3,533,461
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
        $4,500,000$4,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $8,700,000$8,700,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $4,500,000$4,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 7
        $9,500,000$9,500,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $3,200,000$3,200,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $863,333$863,333
        C, LW
        RFA - 3
        $2,636,364$2,636,364
        RW, C
        UFA - 1
        $925,000$925,000
        RW
        RFA
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 2
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        LW
        UFA - 1
        $800,000$800,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $7,250,000$7,250,000
        RD
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 1
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $4,100,000$4,100,000
        LD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $4,400,000$4,400,000
        RD
        UFA - 6
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $4,025,175$4,025,175
        LD
        UFA - 4
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        RD
        UFA - 4
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        LD
        UFA - 3
        $725,000$725,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
        go_jets_go
        They need a goalie to
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 7:55 p.m.
        You know Burke and Hextall said at the TD that they will not trade any high draft picks anymore..??

They want to rebuild the system with “their style players”.

And I would be willing to bet the Pens protect Matheson over Pettersson.

Have u looked at Matheson stats this season. He was the fastest player on the ice at all times too. One of the fastest D-man in the league.

Seattle take Blueger and Pens resign Gaudreau cheap and he Centers the 4th line/ buzz saw line.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: wpg
        They need a goalie to

they rolling the dice with it.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 7:59 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: LetsGoPens69
        You know Burke and Hextall said at the TD that they will not trade any high draft picks anymore..??

They want to rebuild the system with “their style players”.

And I would be willing to bet the Pens protect Matheson over Pettersson.

Have u looked at Matheson stats this season. He was the fastest player on the ice at all times too. One of the fastest D-man in the league.

Seattle take Blueger and Pens resign Gaudreau cheap and he Centers the 4th line/ buzz saw line.

pens do not give up blueger.
        The trading of that 2nd, happened long ago.
        And Matheson is the one they let go because he's the weakest in his own end. that was evident as he gave up way more goals than any other Dman.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
        Quoting: pharrow
        pens do not give up blueger.
        The trading of that 2nd, happened long ago.
        And Matheson is the one they let go because he's the weakest in his own end. that was evident as he gave up way more goals than any other Dman.

Lol. The trading of that 2nd happened long ago..?? You’re delusional my man.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
        https://apnews.com/article/5369727647b244f1916109e59f61597d
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
        https://apnews.com/article/5369727647b244f1916109e59f61597d

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ7J5UBcBgEeEA_Kpx.9w4;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzMEdnRpZANDMTgyNV8xBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1623225812/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.foxsports.com%2fstories%2fnhl%2fsorry-seattle-nhl-gms-learned-from-vegas-expansion-draft/RK=2/RS=mGg5s4YKX97uV5N.SmjHNHQafck-
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:11 p.m.
        Banned
        Lol. The trading of that 2nd happened long ago..?? You’re delusional my man.

I'm not. The team came out earlier and said, they can't move that pick.
        So the question is why not. It wasn't because they weren't all in. It was because they couldn't move the pick, they already agreed to move it out.

I agree on the fact that Hetxall was brought in to help the rebuilding process. And as you see here I'm trying to give him ammo to work with.
        But things are what things are. This team doesn't want to lose a guy like Tanev or Blueger. That does not help them win now.
        If I'm Seattle and Tanev is there, I'm taking him. That would be a huge blow to this penguins team.
        So like it or not, they got to swallow their lumps. It's only a 2nd, they'll get over it.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:18 p.m.
        I'm not. The team came out earlier and said, they can't move that pick.
        So the question is why not. It wasn't because they weren't all in. It was because they couldn't move the pick, they already agreed to move it out.

I agree on the fact that Hetxall was brought in to help the rebuilding process. And as you see here I'm trying to give him ammo to work with.
        But things are what things are. This team doesn't want to lose a guy like Tanev or Blueger. That does not help them win now.
        If I'm Seattle and Tanev is there, I'm taking him. That would be a huge blow to this penguins team.
        So like it or not, they got to swallow their lumps. It's only a 2nd, they'll get over it.

Lol. That would be illegal buddy. And cost them draft pick and a fine if they got caught.

I’d bet my house with me in it that we don’t move any assets in the expansion draft.

We let them draft a player and move on.

Like Hextall and Burke said and were quoted saying 20 times. “We know we are gonna lose a good player” “we don’t want to make it worse” just take the hit and move on.

I would take Blueger or ZAR. Unless McCann was left unprotected. But that’s not happening. McCann is only 24-25 years old.

I think the Pens would be ecstatic if Seattle took Pettersson. If leaving him unprotected entices them to take Pettersson over a forward. They would do it.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:18 p.m.
        Pens are the best
        Pens sign Coleman instead of Hyman imo
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:24 p.m.
        Banned
        Lol. That would be illegal buddy. And cost them draft pick and a fine if they got caught.

I’d bet my house with me in it that we don’t move any assets in the expansion draft.

We let them draft a player and move on.

Like Hextall and Burke said and were quoted saying 20 times. “We know we are gonna lose a good player” “we don’t want to make it worse” just take the hit and move on.

I would take Blueger or ZAR. Unless McCann was left unprotected. But that’s not happening. McCann is only 24-25 years old.

there is nothing illegal about it. They did the same thing with Jarry.
        And teams saying they are going to lose a good player doesn't mean anything. Matheson is a good player. So yeah they are right. But some piece you can handle parting with.
        But this team loses a Tanev and what little physicality they do have, goes right out the window. They can't afford to lose a guy like that and be competative in the playoffs. He's too rare of a player to have. Fast, just enough skill and willing. There are 31 other teams that would love to have him.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Imagine875948
        Pens sign Coleman instead of Hyman imo

Yeah, it's really a toss up there. I don't know, I took Hyman because he has a bit more size. He's just got a lot of plug him in and fix a line in him. Will dig pucks out, good enough to score some goals. He's like Rust 2.0 and Malkin does well with Rust. But either way. I'm not splitting hairs on it.
        Imagine875948 liked this.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
        Pens are the best
        Yeah, it's really a toss up there. I don't know, I took Hyman because he has a bit more size. He's just got a lot of plug him in and fix a line in him. Will dig pucks out, good enough to score some goals. He's like Rust 2.0 and Malkin does well with Rust. But either way. I'm not splitting hairs on it.

Either way pens should sign someone like them inFA whether its Hyman, Coleman, etc
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
        Kings will have better options before and after the expansion draft.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 9:06 p.m.
        there is nothing illegal about it. They did the same thing with Jarry.
        And teams saying they are going to lose a good player doesn't mean anything. Matheson is a good player. So yeah they are right. But some piece you can handle parting with.
        But this team loses a Tanev and what little physicality they do have, goes right out the window. They can't afford to lose a guy like that and be competative in the playoffs. He's too rare of a player to have. Fast, just enough skill and willing. There are 31 other teams that would love to have him.

Yes, it’s illegal to collude and agree on a deal b4 the offseason period begins and the deadlines start.
        Jun. 8, 2021 at 9:11 p.m.
        Here we go again....

Where do i start?

OH! Back on the Judd Caufield train are we? idk if you are his cousin or something but there is 0% chance he plays in the NHL next year. There is probably a 1% chance he EVER plays a game in the NHL.

Sam Poulin has indicated nothing to earning a spot on an NHL roster of a playoff team. Unless he wows in camp he will be in the AHL.

Hyman does not sign in Pittsburgh for 4.5m. If he leaves Toronto he is getting much more.

David Savard is also not signing for that.

They are not paying to move Mike Matheson. MP is much more likely to be moved. Matheson is viewed ahead in the org. This is not debatable.

Chad Ruhwedel is not going anywhere.

No one is trading anything for Riikola.

ZAR and Blueger are not signing for the same amount of money.

Congrats on another great troll ACGM. Can you just stick to your main account and Flyers ACGM’s?
        LetsGoPens69 liked this.
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 12:49 a.m.
        Banned
        Yes, it’s illegal to collude and agree on a deal b4 the offseason period begins and the deadlines start.

Dude, no one cares. Not even the league. Hell JR came out and said they had a deal with VGK on Jarry, the league did nothing. Like every team making a deal, has already had it in place.

Quoting: ChampEddy
        Here we go again....

Where do i start?

OH! Back on the Judd Caufield train are we? idk if you are his cousin or something but there is 0% chance he plays in the NHL next year. There is probably a 1% chance he EVER plays a game in the NHL.

Sam Poulin has indicated nothing to earning a spot on an NHL roster of a playoff team. Unless he wows in camp he will be in the AHL.

Hyman does not sign in Pittsburgh for 4.5m. If he leaves Toronto he is getting much more.

They are not paying to move Mike Matheson. MP is much more likely to be moved. Matheson is viewed ahead in the org. This is not debatable.

Congrats on another great troll ACGM. Can you just stick to your main account and Flyers ACGM’s?

eddy given the absolute trash on your posts to come here posting anything is a joke.
        FFS you clearly can't even read.
        Hell according to you we are trading Jarry and ZAR for Kassian.
        Your "brilliant" hockey mind needs to just go sit down "champ"
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 12:51 a.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Imagine875948
        Either way pens should sign someone like them inFA whether its Hyman, Coleman, etc

yeah if they are moving Zucker out they need to bring someone in. If they aren't bringing in a big body for trade, those are probably the best options.
        Although I have to be honest when I say, I wonder if someone over bids and they get priced out of both. But I think Saad will probably be more expensive along with hall, who will take up the largest bidders.
        Imagine875948 liked this.
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 1:17 a.m.

Quoting: ChampEddy
        Here we go again....

Where do i start?

Lol..you forgot Maniscalco is a beast too!! NHL ready..!! Zero points in the AHL..lol.

Matheson/Ceci stink. Both played over 18 minutes a night for the Pens and were the Pens 2nd pairing.

Poulin is a stud and NHL ready!! Didn’t make the WJ team but should have made the Pens roster. He was ready!! Lol.

Puljujarvi and Kappy are both just north/south skaters. They can’t skate east/west. Neither are good NHL players..lol.

So many more. Genius NHL mind and player evaluator.

And Now, the Pens already promised the 2nd round pick to Seattle to take Matheson. The deal is already done according to him...lol.

I said “its illegal”. Then he said “no it isn’t”.

So, I said ”sure it is, it’s collusion” u can’t make a deal before deadlines and way before the offseason period even starts”. His response. “No one cares” lol.

He will argue anything. He can’t just say, ya, it is illegal.

He literally thinks they already have an illegal deal in place. In fact, he KNOWS they do.

And it’s not reported anywhere.?? Only he knows it.

But a player is talked about in a trade, and it gets leaked out immediately, everywhere.

But no one knows that this expansion draft trade has been done and agreed upon for months now. except him.

And he argues for it.
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 1:37 a.m.
        Banned
        Lol..you forgot Maniscalco is a beast too!! NHL ready..!! Zero points in the AHL..lol.

Matheson/Ceci stink. Both played over 18 minutes a night for the Pens and were the Pens 2nd pairing.

Poulin is a stud and NHL ready!! Didn’t make the WJ team but should have made the Pens roster. He was ready!! Lol.

Puljujarvi and Kappy are both just north/south skaters. They can’t skate east/west. Neither are good NHL players..lol.

So many more. Genius NHL mind and player evaluator.

And Now, the Pens already promised the 2nd round pick to Seattle to take Matheson. The deal is already done according to him...lol.

I said “its illegal”. Then he said “no it isn’t”.

So, I said ”sure it is, it’s collusion” u can’t make a deal before deadlines and way before the offseason period even starts”. His response. “No one cares” lol.

He will argue anything. He can’t just say, ya, it is illegal.

He literally thinks they already have an illegal deal in place. In fact, he KNOWS they do.

And it’s not reported anywhere.?? Only he knows it.

But a player is talked about in a trade, and it gets leaked out immediately, everywhere.

But no one knows that this expansion draft trade has been done and agreed upon for months now. except him.

And he argues for it.

oh little one, making up things you go does not help you.

I love how you argue that JR didn't come right out after he left the penguins and talk about the MAF to Seattle deal. He said point blank......we had a deal in place.
        Those are JRs words.....then there is you....."that's illegal............................."
        ffs you sound like a blow hard. If they had a deal with VGK for MAF, you don't think Mario, and Ron, who are friends....don't have a deal in place already.
        You are either the dumbest person on the entire planet, or just your troll self.

I also love how you try to compare Maniscalco to POJ.
        Lets talk about your take on that argument.
        You..."he ;put on a ton of weight and strength" "he's totally ready"........................
        dude got tossed around like a rag doll at the NHL level. Was straight benched when the team had 5 defensemen. That's right, the team had 5 healthy defensemen, and they benched one of them, POJ, because he got shoved around all over the ice and eaten alive.
        Then he got eaten alive all year at WBS because he doesn't have the strength to play hockey. Even the very bad pens blogs, like Pensburg, had youtube videos on the site of him getting out physicalled at the AHL level and looking just flat out bad.
        But you are here talking about Maniscalco having 0 points. You know what Maniscalco didn't have in WBS...an experience of him bleeding goals all over the place. He held his own. Don't worry about the points there little one. Those will come, by all accounts he's a natural puck moved. The more important fact is he didn't get shoved around all over the place, didn't bleed goals all over the place, and actually looks like a competent defenseman.
        But go on with some random fake crap about what I did and didn't say. I DO KNOW the garbage that falls out of your mouth. Which again, is total garbage. That I called out then and will call out now.
        You were and are wrong on POJ. You are a poor evaluator of defensemen and hockey in general. And you are incapable of admitting you are flat out wrong.
        Like not being able to admit, that the NHL, did not give one rats ass about JR making a deal with VGK.....along with like every other GM who made deals as well.
        They know they make deals. It's the only way they can function as a team at TDL. Like every team did this year. Which is why people on TSN and sportsnet came out directly and said.....getting deals with SEA done is slowing down the TDL......As teams won't trade for guys knowing they are going to lose them in the ED and it causing problems.
        So yes, deals are done. Just like they were for VGK. You're just going to have to deal with it.
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 2:06 a.m.
        Edited Jun. 9, 2021 at 2:17 a.m.
        oh little one, making up things you go does not help you.

I love how you argue that JR didn't come right out after he left the penguins and talk about the MAF to Seattle deal. He said point blank......we had a deal in place.
        Those are JRs words.....then there is you....."that's illegal............................."
        ffs you sound like a blow hard. If they had a deal with VGK for MAF, you don't think Mario, and Ron, who are friends....don't have a deal in place already.
        You are either the dumbest person on the entire planet, or just your troll self.

I also love how you try to compare Maniscalco to POJ.
        Lets talk about your take on that argument.
        You..."he ;put on a ton of weight and strength" "he's totally ready"........................
        dude got tossed around like a rag doll at the NHL level. Was straight benched when the team had 5 defensemen. That's right, the team had 5 healthy defensemen, and they benched one of them, POJ, because he got shoved around all over the ice and eaten alive.
        Then he got eaten alive all year at WBS because he doesn't have the strength to play hockey. Even the very bad pens blogs, like Pensburg, had youtube videos on the site of him getting out physicalled at the AHL level and looking just flat out bad.
        But you are here talking about Maniscalco having 0 points. You know what Maniscalco didn't have in WBS...an experience of him bleeding goals all over the place. He held his own. Don't worry about the points there little one. Those will come, by all accounts he's a natural puck moved. The more important fact is he didn't get shoved around all over the place, didn't bleed goals all over the place, and actually looks like a competent defenseman.
        But go on with some random fake crap about what I did and didn't say. I DO KNOW the garbage that falls out of your mouth. Which again, is total garbage. That I called out then and will call out now.
        You were and are wrong on POJ. You are a poor evaluator of defensemen and hockey in general. And you are incapable of admitting you are flat out wrong.
        Like not being able to admit, that the NHL, did not give one rats ass about JR making a deal with VGK.....along with like every other GM who made deals as well.
        They know they make deals. It's the only way they can function as a team at TDL. Like every team did this year. Which is why people on TSN and sportsnet came out directly and said.....getting deals with SEA done is slowing down the TDL......As teams won't trade for guys knowing they are going to lose them in the ED and it causing problems.
        So yes, deals are done. Just like they were for VGK. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Lol. Only u saw PO Joseph get thrown around. He was the 1st pairing LHD when the Pens had injuries. Averaged more ice time than Pettersson. 16:47.

He had 5 points for the Pens and was a plus(+) 1.

Maniscalco had ZERO for WBS and was a minus(-) 1.

And PO-Joseph had 13 points and averaged 24 minutes a night for WBS.

Lol. Only u know that this mysterious deal was been agreed upon. Not reported anywhere??

A player gets just mention in one trade idea b/ween only 2 GMs and its leaked everywhere.

But this deal has been agreed upon for months and u are the only one who knows about it..u understand what u sound like right??

All those takes were all your takes. All wrong. Literally the worst player evals ever!!

Copy and paste...

Joseph was a workhorse in just his fifth NHL game; his 25:58 of ice time ranked second among Pittsburgh skaters behind only John Marino.

Crosby on Joseph: "It's all the details... He makes a lot of good reads. He's gaining confidence with every game. With every game he's gotten better and better. You could see that tonight. He was great defensively and offensively as well."
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
        Banned
        Lol. Only u saw PO Joseph get thrown around. He was the 1st pairing LHD when the Pens had injuries. Averaged more ice time than Pettersson. 16:47.

He had 5 points for the Pens and was a plus(+) 1.

Maniscalco had ZERO for WBS and was a minus(-) 1.

And PO-Joseph had 13 points and averaged 24 minutes a night for WBS.

Lol. Only u know that this mysterious deal was been agreed upon. Not reported anywhere??

A player gets just mention in one trade idea b/ween only 2 GMs and its leaked everywhere.

But this deal has been agreed upon for months and u are the only one who knows about it..u understand what u sound like right??

All those takes were all your takes. All wrong. Literally the worst player evals ever!!

Copy and paste...

Joseph was a workhorse in just his fifth NHL game; his 25:58 of ice time ranked second among Pittsburgh skaters behind only John Marino.

Crosby on Joseph: "It's all the details... He makes a lot of good reads. He's gaining confidence with every game. With every game he's gotten better and better. You could see that tonight. He was great defensively and offensively as well."

only I saw him get thrown around.......yeah, me, the coach, the TV broadcaster who showed him sitting on the bench with "hasn't played since the 2nd period" under his name.....only I saw it. tears of joy
        my god you are delusional. The team had 4 defensemen that game. 4. Because they benched the 5th one because he kept getting parked on in front of the net.
        Only I saw it, as even homer penguins blogs are like....we'll here's a bunch of youtube videos of POJ getting shoved around....maybe he's not ready.......
        Only I saw it. tears of joy

Only I see mystery deals.....GMJR...."We had a deal with vegas in place" tears of joy

you are pathetic.
        And you are just getting straight out roasted here.
        Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
        JimmyPaek
        This team might not make the playoffs

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll