SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Polling Leafs fans to see how many upset over the CN tower lit up Habs colours

Jun. 9, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Wreckless
And if you are, seriously, get a life.
Leafs lineup next year below:
Fire Shanahan Dubas and Keefe.
Trade Marner to a cap strapped team like Ottawa or Arizona after his signing bonuses are paid this off-season.
Sign Hamilton.
Sign depth wingers.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Go leafs go
I actually thought it was a great thing for them to do.

I'll be cheering for the habs now as they are Canada's only team left. Thought it was good sportmanship to have habs colours on the CN tower.
ZachHymanForTheHart, Wreckless, BigDaddyOvech and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
I am actually fine with it. I am sticking with Canada. GO HABS GO
ewwwww what am I saying??
Saskleaf, ZachHymanForTheHart, ReginaSask and 6 others liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
Trad Breliving
Quoting: Saskleaf
I actually thought it was a great thing for them to do.

I'll be cheering for the habs now as they are Canada's only team left. Thought it was good sportmanship to have habs colours on the CN tower.

I could not agree more
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Dave Keon Fan
I don’t understand why anyone would be mad about this
Wreckless and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
it was lit up?

tenor.png
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
Any fan of a Canadian team that cheers for other Canadian teams in the playoffs is a chump. Every other Canadian team can rot. I hated it when it was my team, the Sens in the ECF in 2017, and I sure as hell hate it when it's Montreal.

Also for the whole CN Tower thing, it's such a soft move imo. I'd have been so mad if I was a Leafs fan.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.
Serf
Interesting take on the Marner trade, with Marner being owed $24.8MM after his signing bonus is paid. Marner is still a high cap hit, but that offset salary is a definite Melnyk motive. Interesting…
Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
I didn't even know about this. My initial reaction is who cares? My second reaction is that I wish it was lit up with Carey Price only. My next reaction is you're overreacting by your firings of Shanny, Dubas, and Keefe. Followed by a reaction of why trade Marner? My final reaction is if you honestly thing Dougie Hamilton is the answer to this team winning you need to learn more about the game.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:07 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Any fan of a Canadian team that cheers for other Canadian teams in the playoffs is a chump. Every other Canadian team can rot. I hated it when it was my team, the Sens in the ECF in 2017, and I sure as hell hate it when it's Montreal.

Also for the whole CN Tower thing, it's such a soft move imo. I'd have been so mad if I was a Leafs fan.

Can I ask why?

Why do you not like other Canadian teams?
Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can I ask why?

Why do you not like other Canadian teams?

Lol, the moderator thinks his post is appropriate but that my response to it is not.

It is appropriate to suggest that every other Canadian team can rot?

Tribalism is acceptable for members of the same city, but not members of the same country? Interesting moderation of what’s considered appropriate behaviour.

I guess I should have phrased my response as a question.

« Is there a reason why you sound so miserable towards the other Canadian teams? »
Saskleaf and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
torontos finest
gonna light it up in gold next week

edit: gold or maroon. series isn't over
Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: mondo
gonna light it up in gold next week

edit: gold or maroon. series isn't over

Misery wants company?
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Wreckless
Misery wants company?

my wife left me
Jun. 9, 2021 at 5:49 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Curious if the Jets media and all "jets fans" are crying for Schiefele to be traded after his disappearing act in the playoffs.
Saskleaf and oneX liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 2:32 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris

People tend to forget that the CN Tower is recognized as Canadian and not Torontoian. Sure it's in Toronto but it represents Canada ALOT of the time.

Didn't have an issue with the colours. The only people who did are probably wound up a little too tight.
Wreckless, Saskleaf, BigDaddyOvech and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:34 a.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Curious if the Jets media and all "jets fans" are crying for Schiefele to be traded after his disappearing act in the playoffs.

If the organization had the right character from upper management streaming on down, Scheifele would have been instructed to say the right things, even if he didn’t believe them.

The fact that he’s now continued to take this position shows a huge lack of character, both with the man, and also from within the organization.

I wouldn’t be particularly proud right now, if I was a Jets fan.

But culture stems from the top (just ask Aaron Rodgers), so I’d be more concerned with ownership than I would be with Scheifele.

And if Scheifele STILL doesn’t get it by next season, I’m sure Shea Weber, Ben Chiarot, Josh Anderson, etc. will have no problem educating him in his first game back against the Habs.
oneX liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:32 a.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: Wreckless
If the organization had the right character from upper management streaming on down, Scheifele would have been instructed to say the right things, even if he didn’t believe them.

The fact that he’s now continued to take this position shows a huge lack of character, both with the man, and also from within the organization.

I wouldn’t be particularly proud right now, if I was a Jets fan.

But culture stems from the top (just ask Aaron Rodgers), so I’d be more concerned with ownership than I would be with Scheifele.

And if Scheifele STILL doesn’t get it by next season, I’m sure Shea Weber, Ben Chiarot, Josh Anderson, etc. will have no problem educating him in his first game back against the Habs.

Yeah fair points. I agree with you, initially I was thinking wow he's not appealing and taking accountability, good for him. But now it seems every time he talks about it he kind of exposes a bit more truth to how he really feels. I'd expect regardless of what he says in the future that someone on the habs will educate him next year.

My comment wasn't really about the Jets at all, it was a sarcastic jab at how toxic the Leafs media and portion of the fanbase are. I find it so interesting that articles are being written about how the Jets have to move on, they still have a great core and they're so close to making a deep run in the playoffs, blah blah blah. The media covering the Leafs are like "Marner sucks, trade him for anything, his cap is a burden". It's so frustrating. I'm not saying that Marner doesn't have to look in the mirror but so does every guy on that roster. So do the coaches! Why isn't there more criticism of making in series adjustments?!? anyways I'll get off my soapbox now.
oneX and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 5:24 p.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Yeah fair points. I agree with you, initially I was thinking wow he's not appealing and taking accountability, good for him. But now it seems every time he talks about it he kind of exposes a bit more truth to how he really feels. I'd expect regardless of what he says in the future that someone on the habs will educate him next year.

My comment wasn't really about the Jets at all, it was a sarcastic jab at how toxic the Leafs media and portion of the fanbase are. I find it so interesting that articles are being written about how the Jets have to move on, they still have a great core and they're so close to making a deep run in the playoffs, blah blah blah. The media covering the Leafs are like "Marner sucks, trade him for anything, his cap is a burden". It's so frustrating. I'm not saying that Marner doesn't have to look in the mirror but so does every guy on that roster. So do the coaches! Why isn't there more criticism of making in series adjustments?!? anyways I'll get off my soapbox now.

I hear what you’re saying, kind of, but re: trade, I think it’s a false equivalence.
Whether or not a player should be traded, imo, is primarily a function of their value as a player and also their cap hit fitting in to their team’s salary cap structure.
Marner isn’t worth anywhere close to $11mm. And his attitude is suspect. Personally, I’d trade him if I was in charge over there. His insistence of being viewed as virtually equally important to Matthews is laughable to me.

On the other side of the equation, re: hockey value, Scheifele is absolutely worth $6mm. And there is scarcity value in quality centers. So there is zero chance I’d consider trading him if I was Winnipeg.

With that said, I used to be a big Scheifele fan, and the Jets used to be one of my favourite teams after the Canadiens. Now I just think he’s pathetic.

Yes, he’s entitled to feel how he wants, and say what he wants. But he will be judged accordingly. He now serves as a role model that I showed my sons for « exactly what not to do when you make a mistake. »
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll