SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Marner is fine in the playoffs, the last 2 years have been rough though.

Jun. 14, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
Please win the cup
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/marnemi01.html

His stats aren't bad, this past year was pretty bad, before was ok, but could used some work, he's not terrible. The past year has been under Keefe, maybe there is something Keefe is not doing that Babcock was.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 8:14 a.m.
The problem to me is not so much marners play in the playoffs why I think they have to entertain a trade it’s 10 million for a winger is over what most teams pay for wingers, and he’s on a team that has 2 other 10 plus million dollar players. I do not want the leafs to trade him but if they were able to make the team better because they did I’d be all for it. That doesn’t mean they would trade for better players than him but if they could shed cap in a trade or something that would allow them to get better please do it. I that the cap was supposed to go up but face it it’s not so guess what you have to play the cards your dealt me dubas and make this work. Matthew’s is only signed until 2024, I’m not sure he resigns if this team continues to loose in the most spectacular ways so it’s now or never. This team is a ways away from being a legit contender, the top line was great this season but hymans more than likely gone, line two was a mix match a lot of the season looked great at times others not so much. There’s something eles people aren’t talking about Tavares while sure he is back skating and every thing he may never be the same player he was physically he maybe completely fine but meantally is a totally different thing. He might be a bit more timid out there not wanting to carry the puck and such, that’s all mental and it could take a while to get out of that. Then you have an 11 million dollar player that’s doesn’t qualify for ltir but is playing well below that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll