top 15 with description

top 15 with description

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: MaltePalte
Published: Jun. 16, 2021 at 5:39 a.m.
Description
This is how i think the draft will end up in july if no trades happens
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Power is my easy number one choise here. Can anyone say somethng else after his WC where he became a beast the longer the tournament went? I don't think so. The Sabres will have a very scary left side on the defence in a few years when both Dahlin and Power will be world class players.
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle miss out on a franchise defender in Power but with this pick they get a future top six center to start with, and that's not bad at all. I think Seattle just will go with the BPA and that's Beniers who is the best forward avilable.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-After the two above it's more unclear in what direction the draft are going. But I am confident with that the Ducks picks Edvinsson third overall. Why? IMO he is the best defender in this draftclass after Power and I think that Anaheim sees a future with a top pair of Drysdale and Edvinsson. Which will be a scary sight for any team in the league.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-My personal dream with this pick would be for the Devils to pick Eklund and to see a Eklund-Hughes-Holtz line in the future. But I don't think that is happening here. New Jersey are going with Luke Hughes. With this pick they will have the top-defender prospect they are looking for. Also, this will only do good for their future 1C, Jack Hughes. If Luke is not selected in the top 3, I think this will happen 99 out of 100 times.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-This is my absolutely favourite player in the draft. Not just because I'm a huge Djugarden fan but that he is extremly fun to watch. His edgework and skating is something else. A little unmature in some plays on the ice but who is not when their 18 years old. it's such a shame that we were not able to see him in the Juniors (COVID-19) or the WC (Injured) this year. I am sure he would have climbed a few spots on many scouts lists if so. I don't think he falls more than this. Jackets get a good one here.
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-It's a high pick for a goaltender but I don't think that Detroit pass on this one. Wallstedt is one of the best, if not the best goalie prospect we have seen in many years. He is a big goalie who plays very calm. To put up a .908% for an 18 year old in the swedish elite league is very impressing and shows just how good he can be on NHL level.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Sharks would be high on Wallstedt as well if he was on the board. Unfortunate for San Jose, he's not. But no time to cry when they can pick Guenther seven overall. A pure goalscorer who can be a steal at this point. I think Sharks prefer a forward here instead of a defender.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings goes with the BPA here, and not a bad one. A big RHD is a good sight for every team to have and that's what Los Angeles gets here. Clarke goes up and down on the ranking but I just thinks that he falls to eight just because there are better defenders in this draft and very talented forwards too. A really good and exciting player for the Kings to add to their already very talented prospectpool.
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Eklund is already of the board and I think the Canucks selects the player that is similar to him, Johnson. A very exciting player to watch who can score a coast to coast goal if he feels like it. But he has some concerns, feeling lost without the puck is one of them. That's the reason I think he falls down here. Canucks should be excited with this pick, a real nice piece to put in the organisation for them.
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa at number 10 s the one I think can be a unexpected pick. It has been some rumours that they have a european player in sight who many rankings don't have this high. Chibrikov? Svechkov? Rosén? Exciting news however. But if i were the Senators I would have picked maybe the biggest sniper in the draft, Chaz Lucius. Lucius has some concerns with his skating but I don't think that will be an issue for the senators when it's their turn in july. They pick Lucius who can be the perfect fit along with Stutzle in the lineup in a few years.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago goes with the BPA here. Lysell is maybe the most skilled forward here and has a really good upside. Can the size scare teams away? Probably. Does it scare the Hawks? No. After picking Debrincat as the big faller in 2016 I think they pick a small winger here five years later too. Lysell can also be the perfect linemate to Reichel in a few years on one of Hawks toplines too. Put in a big centremen who can play the puck and let the young wingers do the skating and it will be a beautiful sight.
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames go with the big center here. The word is that McTavish can be the new Ryan O'Reilly and that's a chance the flames are going to take. As I said, McTavish is a big centremen who have shown he can shoot the puck really well, even against men in the swiss second league.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-BPA, the Flyers selects Cole Sillinger. Made the USHL second team this year and had 46 points in 31 games, 24 of them were goals. A really exciting player and can easily be a fututre top 9 maybe even top 6 center for them a couple of years down the road.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-The Dallas Stars goes with the first russian player of the draft, Nikita Chibrikov. A player who already has 16 games in the KHL. A smaller winger who is a great skater and can play the puck really well. A new russian player who can replace the big Radulov in a couple of years maybe?
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers have a big summer in front of them and after two lucky lottery wins and Kakko and Lafreniere on the team they have the pieces to go hard after a big splash this summer. And that splash may be the last piece for this team to be a contender? With this in mind I think that the Rangers are willing to roll the dice on the biggest faller this past year. This will be a buy-low risk pick for them to take. Räty can be the steal of the draft if everything goes in the right direction for the young forward.
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-
20Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-BONUS: I really think, if he's still on the board the Oilers will pick Cossa with this pick. And i also think they are willing to trade up to take him. If it's one think Edmonton is missing in their organisation it is a really good goalie prospect. With Cossa the problem is solved. Big goalie who this year showed that he can be a future number one goaltender in the NHL.
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
23Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
24Logo of the Florida Panthers-
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
27Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
29Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
30Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York Islanders
31Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Devils Guy
I like that Eklund-Hughes-Holtz line but.... I'd take Luke Hughes over Eklund for sure. If he's anything like Jack and Quinn, we're getting someone with smooth skating, sweet skill and a potential top pair defenseman.
Devil liked this.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
I like that Eklund-Hughes-Holtz line but.... I'd take Luke Hughes over Eklund for sure. If he's anything like Jack and Quinn, we're getting someone with smooth skating, sweet skill and a potential top pair defenseman.

Exactly what I was going to say
Jun. 16, 2021 at 11:59 a.m.
Devils Guy
And if Hughes, Beniers and Power go 1-3, the next player I would want is Guenther.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
And if Hughes, Beniers and Power go 1-3, the next player I would want is Guenther.

My top-5 for NJD

1. Power
2. Hughes
3. Eklund
4. Clarke
5. Edvinsson

Happy with any of those guys
(but if I had to bet, its Hughes or Eklund)
Jun. 16, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
Jackson
I like it!!!!!
Jun. 16, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: NHLfan10506
My top-5 for NJD

1. Power
2. Hughes
3. Eklund
4. Clarke
5. Edvinsson

Happy with any of those guys
(but if I had to bet, its Hughes or Eklund)

I'd go this way for NJ:

1.Power
2.Hughes
3.Guenther
4.Clarke
5.Eklund
NHLfan10506 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll