Forums/Armchair-GM

Eichel Trade

Created by: dapowl
Team: 2021-22 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 16, 2021
Published: Jun. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Eichel for 4 First Rounders + B Prospect and Strome (Salary) , 3 LD some Vet-Dman up to 4 Mil
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$5,500,000
2$1,800,000
1$1,000,000
5$4,700,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
1$4,000,000
Trades
BUF
  1. Jones, Zachary
  2. Kravtsov, Vitali
  3. Schneider, Braden
  4. Strome, Ryan
  5. 2021 1st round pick (NYR)
  6. 2022 1st round pick (NYR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$80,539,802$0$8,615,000$960,198

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
RD
UFA - 1
$4,700,000$4,700,000
G
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,425,000$2,425,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
RD
RFA - 3
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
RFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 16, 2021 at 8:23 a.m.
Subtract Jones and Kravtsov and it's an interesting offer. But it's probably more than Eichel will return at this point.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Do you think his value has tanked so much?
Jun. 16, 2021 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: dapowl
Do you think his value has tanked so much?

No one knows if he will play this season. Currently BUF isn’t letting him get the surgery he needs. No clue how long full recovery is for a hockey player. If you or I got that surgery it would be nothing because we work in an office or something like that where you aren’t taking hits at 20mph+. He also had multiple injuries last year and for a kid that’s a bit scary to want to acquire.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 8:50 a.m.
Jimbo1119
Way too much to give w/o definitive medical info available that the PT Eichel is going through will get Eichel past his neck issue and ready to play Day 1 next year...And if such very positive, verified medical info does become available, this package probably gets beat because another team will offer a roster player which presents BUF a better situation than Strome (younger, higher ceiling, and not in need of contract in a year)...just my opinion here

In reality, though- while I understand medical issues involve all sorts of privacy concerns- if the PT was really going well, I'm sure that news would be out- so I'm guessing that something beyond PT will be required- hence the basis of the disconnect between Eichel and BUF. Unless there is reason to believe NYR (and NYR doctors) would take a different position than BUF, shipping out a boatload of current and future talent- for the right to inherit the same argument versus Eichel- would be beyond reckless....no way is Drury gonna do this.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Way too much to give w/o definitive medical info available that the PT Eichel is going through will get Eichel past his neck issue and ready to play Day 1 next year...And if such very positive, verified medical info does become available, this package probably gets beat because another team will offer a roster player which presents BUF a better situation than Strome (younger, higher ceiling, and not in need of contract in a year)...just my opinion here

In reality, though- while I understand medical issues involve all sorts of privacy concerns- if the PT was really going well, I'm sure that news would be out- so I'm guessing that something beyond PT will be required- hence the basis of the disconnect between Eichel and BUF. Unless there is reason to believe NYR (and NYR doctors) would take a different position than BUF, shipping out a boatload of current and future talent- for the right to inherit the same argument versus Eichel- would be beyond reckless....no way is Drury gonna do this.

Its such a tangle right now, and im sure that is what eichels agent is shooting for. From what i understand, eichel wanted the surgery and said as much, the sabres medical team advised against it, eichel and his agent pursued a third party opinion, who sided with the team against the surgery. There is NO way that he is going to do his prescribed physical therapy and issue some kind of mea culpa because it worked, and we all live happily ever after. I dont know how sincere his desire for this surgery is, but it seems pretty clear that the longer he makes it an issue, the more difficult it is for the team. If they can drag this out until next off season, the nmc comes into play. I think its fair to say that the independent medical team that suggested against surgery should make a request by eichels team to have his contract nullified, that should not be considered reasonable. I think he plays for the sabres next year, at least for the first part, just to show he is healthy. Of course, he could really drag his feet, which makes it worse. I kind of hope if he does that, that the sabres just say 'screw it, you are staying until your contract runs out'.
Book_Hockey liked this.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
No one knows if he will play this season. Currently BUF isn’t letting him get the surgery he needs. No clue how long full recovery is for a hockey player. If you or I got that surgery it would be nothing because we work in an office or something like that where you aren’t taking hits at 20mph+. He also had multiple injuries last year and for a kid that’s a bit scary to want to acquire.

"surgery he needs"

He doesn't NEED surgery, he WANTS surgery. A surgery that has never been performed on an NHL player no less. Big, big difference.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: Book_Hockey
"surgery he needs"

He doesn't NEED surgery, he WANTS surgery. A surgery that has never been performed on an NHL player no less. Big, big difference.

So you’re saying he thinks he is injured 😂😂

The concept that it’s the first time a hockey player is having a specific type of surgery negates it’s relevance is awesome. Berard should never of had surgery on his eye since he was the first.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
Jimbo1119
Quoting: sabres89
Its such a tangle right now, and im sure that is what eichels agent is shooting for. From what i understand, eichel wanted the surgery and said as much, the sabres medical team advised against it, eichel and his agent pursued a third party opinion, who sided with the team against the surgery. There is NO way that he is going to do his prescribed physical therapy and issue some kind of mea culpa because it worked, and we all live happily ever after. I dont know how sincere his desire for this surgery is, but it seems pretty clear that the longer he makes it an issue, the more difficult it is for the team. If they can drag this out until next off season, the nmc comes into play. I think its fair to say that the independent medical team that suggested against surgery should make a request by eichels team to have his contract nullified, that should not be considered reasonable. I think he plays for the sabres next year, at least for the first part, just to show he is healthy. Of course, he could really drag his feet, which makes it worse. I kind of hope if he does that, that the sabres just say 'screw it, you are staying until your contract runs out'.

Definitely difficult waters for Adams to navigate...I guess best scenario is for him to be good with the next head coach they hire (so that he's willing to play for him and not put additional pressure on this situation by demanding a trade) and he's able to start the season...if this is the case then maybe he stays in BUF... or at least if a trade is still needed, he can showcase some value for BUF to benefit from. But for now, I can't see any reasonable GM putting all their eggs in this basket.
sabres89 liked this.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Definitely difficult waters for Adams to navigate...I guess best scenario is for him to be good with the next head coach they hire (so that he's willing to play for him and not put additional pressure on this situation by demanding a trade) and he's able to start the season...if this is the case then maybe he stays in BUF... or at least if a trade is still needed, he can showcase some value for BUF to benefit from. But for now, I can't see any reasonable GM putting all their eggs in this basket.

Fact is: I don't think NYR will give up any of Laf/Kakko/Lundkvist or Miller. And it seems like the value says that they don't have to.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 8:43 a.m.
So you’re saying he thinks he is injured 😂😂

The concept that it’s the first time a hockey player is having a specific type of surgery negates it’s relevance is awesome. Berard should never of had surgery on his eye since he was the first.

No, just because someone is injured doesn't mean they need surgery. Multiple medical professionals have said he doesn't need surgery. Herniated disks heal without surgery all the time- retinal tears and detached retinas do not. The Berard thing is completely different, not an apples to apples comparison.
Jun. 17, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: Book_Hockey
No, just because someone is injured doesn't mean they need surgery. Multiple medical professionals have said he doesn't need surgery. Herniated disks heal without surgery all the time- retinal tears and detached retinas do not. The Berard thing is completely different, not an apples to apples comparison.

So you’re saying

-he does have a neck injury
-he doesn’t need surgery
-he is choosing not to play

Seems to me that if he wants this surgery, then likely a 3rd party DR said it was a good idea or would benefit his quality of life long term. Now, the unbiased DR could be wrong. But if I would the owner/GM/coach I would want my star player to be happy with the organization and for future players to feel confident that the organization wants what’s best for everyone. This means, who ever trades for him likely let’s him get the surgery
Jun. 17, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
So you’re saying

-he does have a neck injury
-he doesn’t need surgery
-he is choosing not to play

Seems to me that if he wants this surgery, then likely a 3rd party DR said it was a good idea or would benefit his quality of life long term. Now, the unbiased DR could be wrong. But if I would the owner/GM/coach I would want my star player to be happy with the organization and for future players to feel confident that the organization wants what’s best for everyone. This means, who ever trades for him likely let’s him get the surgery

I am saying he's hurt, wants to get the surgery, but team doctors and a 3rd party medical professional has said it is not necessary. Adams is on the record as saying a 3rd party medical professional was consulted on the issue and they advised against the surgery. Now there are cases of medical professionals screwing up (see Trent Williams situation when he was on the WFT), but they're right a very large percentage of the time. There's also this tidbit from Friedman....

"Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported Tuesday night that Eichel is exploring an artificial disk replacement, a surgery that has been performed on only one notable high-performance athlete: mixed martial artist Chris Weidman, who declared it a success. The Sabres’ doctors, meanwhile, suggest there’s a “high probability” that Eichel will recover through a rest and physical rehabilitation, said Adams."

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll